PDA

View Full Version : Getting sick of this

peace4all
10-13-2010, 07:24 AM
I was just reading an article by bucky brooks on nfl.com that says something about sanchez possibly becoming a league mvp candidate by the end of the season.I mean come on, how much can you possibly overhype someone?Aren't they tired of throwing this "sanchez is great" bull**** in our face when we all know he really isn't?Geez..:crazy:

MikeO
10-13-2010, 07:28 AM
If the Jets win and if he continues to NOT turn the ball over ......I mean give the devil his due!

Who else you gonna give it to this year? Not like any one player has had a standout year thus far.

I don't want to see it but I wouldn't be upset about it or argue him winning it. If he deserves it

jfleag61
10-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Who you want to give it to at this point.....Henne?? Stop being such a homer. Talk is talk but you have to give the kid some props (at this point).

3rdandinches
10-13-2010, 08:01 AM
He's throwing at a 55% rate, 902yds for 180 yds a game average and the only good stat is that he has 8 TD's to 0 INT. League MVP talk is a joke, all the Sanchez hype is a joke, he makes 1 or two good throws with a bunch of garbage ones. His defense gives him a short field left, right and center, he gets constant big plays from special teams and has LT running like LT of old. Sanchez is a product of everything else on that team and is struggling at times to keep up....Five red zone trips for 5 fg's missing wide open receivers is hardly a mvp but a game manager and the big TD drive is lead by the run game not Sanchez throwing it down field.

K.Orten is 10 times the MVP that Sanchez is right now let alone P.Rivers or P.Manning!!!

Don't get me wrong, Sanchez may develope into a real good QB but right now he's middle of the pack at best while his defense and ST's are top notch carrying this team once again.

JCane
10-13-2010, 08:03 AM
I can only imagine the Henne for MVP threads here if he were doing half of what Sanchez is doing.

Rhody Phins Fan
10-13-2010, 08:10 AM
He will not make it through the season with 0 interceptions. He is obviously playing well but to not throw any interceptions through five games takes a good amount of luck.

3rdandinches
10-13-2010, 08:11 AM
I can only imagine the Henne for MVP threads here if he were doing half of what Sanchez is doing.

Actually there'd be more threads about how we'd be the greatest team ever built if not for Henne if they flipped situations.

nyjunc
10-13-2010, 08:20 AM
I was just reading an article by bucky brooks on nfl.com that says something about sanchez possibly becoming a league mvp candidate by the end of the season.I mean come on, how much can you possibly overhype someone?Aren't they tired of throwing this "sanchez is great" bull**** in our face when we all know he really isn't?Geez..:crazy:

To this point in this season he is an MVP candidate. I understand that you hate him and maybe he doesn't keep the good play up but as of today he is a deserving candidate.

nyjunc
10-13-2010, 08:24 AM
He's throwing at a 55% rate, 902yds for 180 yds a game average and the only good stat is that he has 8 TD's to 0 INT. League MVP talk is a joke, all the Sanchez hype is a joke, he makes 1 or two good throws with a bunch of garbage ones. His defense gives him a short field left, right and center, he gets constant big plays from special teams and has LT running like LT of old. Sanchez is a product of everything else on that team and is struggling at times to keep up....Five red zone trips for 5 fg's missing wide open receivers is hardly a mvp but a game manager and the big TD drive is lead by the run game not Sanchez throwing it down field.

K.Orten is 10 times the MVP that Sanchez is right now let alone P.Rivers or P.Manning!!!

Don't get me wrong, Sanchez may develope into a real good QB but right now he's middle of the pack at best while his defense and ST's are top notch carrying this team once again.

I didn't know comp % was the stat they used to determine MVPs, is it better to throw 8 TDs to ZERO INTs and help your team to the best record in the league or is it better to have a higer comp %? Did you see the monsoon he played in the other night? That affected his comp % and yet he didn't turn it over.

You guys get too focused on fantasy #s which is why many think Peyton has been better than Brady. Kyle is throwing for a ton of yards but his O isn't scoring as much as the Jets. yards are great, points and wins mean more.

5 RZ trips w/ 5 FGs, he had a bunch of drops in thsoe situations and:

http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/NYJ/photos/clubimages/2010/10-October/AP101011124894--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Outside of the Raven game where the CS didn't allow him to play he's been great all year.

rent this space
10-13-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm getting sick of new threads about the jets every day

Adam First
10-13-2010, 08:34 AM
If MVP voters cared more about what the player does for his team rather than stats, Pennington should have won it in 2008. Since stats are everything for this award, early season candidates for me would be Peyton Manning, Kyle Orton, Arian Foster and Clay Matthews. Sanchez won't win the award with pedestrian numbers...then again with how much the media likes to ride the Jest' nuts, it's a possibility. Tomlinson is a better candidate at this point than Sanchez.

Eli_Manning
10-13-2010, 08:36 AM
lol yeah people are too disturbingly obsessed with the jets.

nyjunc
10-13-2010, 08:56 AM
If MVP voters cared more about what the player does for his team rather than stats, Pennington should have won it in 2008. Since stats are everything for this award, early season candidates for me would be Peyton Manning, Kyle Orton, Arian Foster and Clay Matthews. Sanchez won't win the award with pedestrian numbers...then again with how much the media likes to ride the Jest' nuts, it's a possibility. Tomlinson is a better candidate at this point than Sanchez.

It's stats and wins, only if a player does something ridiculous are wins not taken into account. Kyle orton and Denver are 2-3, Indy is 3-2, Foster and Houston have lost 2 of 3 in embarrassing fashion and he's coming off a 25 yard effort against the Giants(Tomlinson is a better candidate than Foster) and it's hard for defensive players to win(I think the last one was the real LT back in '86).

Chad didn't win in '08 b/c of the manning name which is why he won last year as well and why he won his bogus SB MVP award which he also did not deserve.

dolpns13
10-13-2010, 09:03 AM

this is one of the most homeristic posts I have ever read. He has a +100 QBR and hast turned the ball over not once. As it stands, he IS a candidate for MVP.. Wasnt Chad a candidate in 2008? Is DS having a similar season this year as Chad had that year.. Actually, in comparison with the 2008 Chad, the 2010 DS has really outperformed him. The unrealism on this board is hilarious..

3rdandinches
10-13-2010, 09:05 AM
I didn't know comp % was the stat they used to determine MVPs, is it better to throw 8 TDs to ZERO INTs and help your team to the best record in the league or is it better to have a higer comp %? Did you see the monsoon he played in the other night? That affected his comp % and yet he didn't turn it over.

You guys get too focused on fantasy #s which is why many think Peyton has been better than Brady. Kyle is throwing for a ton of yards but his O isn't scoring as much as the Jets. yards are great, points and wins mean more.

5 RZ trips w/ 5 FGs, he had a bunch of drops in thsoe situations and:

http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/NYJ/photos/clubimages/2010/10-October/AP101011124894--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Outside of the Raven game where the CS didn't allow him to play he's been great all year.

So throwing no picks makes you the Offensive MVP?? Even though most of his play has been average but hey he has no picks so he's the MVP, lol you must be a JEST fan. I guess M.Vick will have a say in this MVP talk as well!

Your version of great is so blurred, he has played well and managed to hang on to some wins thanks to your defense and ST's. And yes completion percentage has alot to do with the quality of QB play thus used when judging performance.

By your accounts T.Dilfer was the MVP of Baltimore's Superbowl run, good luck with that arguement!

xxedge72x
10-13-2010, 09:07 AM
MVP awards are nice and all but the Jets are more concerned with winning games and Sanchez is doing the minimum necessary to achieve that goal... that's all that matters.

The Jets lost to Baltimore in part due to Sanchez (and others) not doing the minimum to win.

I'm sure he would gladly trade that award for the Lombardi trophy.

nyjunc
10-13-2010, 09:20 AM
So throwing no picks makes you the Offensive MVP?? Even though most of his play has been average but hey he has no picks so he's the MVP, lol you must be a JEST fan. I guess M.Vick will have a say in this MVP talk as well!

Your version of great is so blurred, he has played well and managed to hang on to some wins thanks to your defense and ST's. And yes completion percentage has alot to do with the quality of QB play thus used when judging performance.

By your accounts T.Dilfer was the MVP of Baltimore's Superbowl run, good luck with that arguement!

8 TDs to zero picks is pretty damn impressive especially considering one of the games was in a monsoon and most of the incompletions were a result of drops the other night. Favre in his first 3 games had a comp % of 62%, the other night it was 41%. sanchez in his first 4 games was at 58% and the other night he was at 48%. I'm not sure you guys realize just how hard it was raining the other night.

Michael Vick was certainly in the discussion before he got hurt. I would say after 3 weeks he was in the lead.

I love the excuses, our D has been average at best. All we heard going into our SN game was how great your D was and what did he did against that D while our D was getting torn apart?

I guess Chad henne is bettert han sanchez b/c he has a better comp %, never mind the Jets O scoring alot more or the 3 more TDs or 5 less INTs or the ability late in games to lead TD drives it's all about comp %. I guess Fitzpatrick and Trent Edwards are better too.

What does the underrated Trent Dilfer have to do w/ this argument?

Bta72dolphins
10-13-2010, 09:40 AM
As of right now he deserves it. The Jets are getting it done right and now and fins FO wait until it is thrown down their throats to change something. I just hope my prediction that Jets are going to fall apart at the end of the season ends up right.

And for the record Mark>Henne you know why because Mark and company are winning games esp. the important ones F*** the other stats.

3rdandinches
10-13-2010, 09:43 AM
8 TDs to zero picks is pretty damn impressive especially considering one of the games was in a monsoon and most of the incompletions were a result of drops the other night. Favre in his first 3 games had a comp % of 62%, the other night it was 41%. sanchez in his first 4 games was at 58% and the other night he was at 48%. I'm not sure you guys realize just how hard it was raining the other night.

Michael Vick was certainly in the discussion before he got hurt. I would say after 3 weeks he was in the lead.

I love the excuses, our D has been average at best. All we heard going into our SN game was how great your D was and what did he did against that D while our D was getting torn apart?

I guess Chad henne is bettert han sanchez b/c he has a better comp %, never mind the Jets O scoring alot more or the 3 more TDs or 5 less INTs or the ability late in games to lead TD drives it's all about comp %. I guess Fitzpatrick and Trent Edwards are better too.

What does the underrated Trent Dilfer have to do w/ this argument?

I love your ability to try to twist your garbage ways of arguing points. If completion percentage was everything then 28 other QBs in the league are better then Sanchez, but of course I never said that. The league leaders in completion percentage happen to be Brees, Brady, Romo and Manning but I guess that's just a coincidence that their the top QB's in the league!

Nice to see you blame drops for his completion percentage because I never brought up the drops that defenders have had for easy picks against Sanchez. I guess I can use them in my arguement aswell then.

Look I never said Sanchez is not playing well, he's just not playing at an MVP level. But I guess after watching last season and Sanchez throwing picks all over the place you would think this year he's playing lights out!

Phinatic8u
10-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Ravens and Steelers are better than the Jets. Miami just blows ATM. Ravens and Steelers will be battling all year for best team in the NFL.

nyjunc
10-13-2010, 09:54 AM
I love your ability to try to twist your garbage ways of arguing points. If completion percentage was everything then 28 other QBs in the league are better then Sanchez, but of course I never said that. The league leaders in completion percentage happen to be Brees, Brady, Romo and Manning but I guess that's just a coincidence that their the top QB's in the league!

Nice to see you blame drops for his completion percentage because I never brought up the drops that defenders have had for easy picks against Sanchez. I guess I can use them in my arguement aswell then.

Look I never said Sanchez is not playing well, he's just not playing at an MVP level. But I guess after watching last season and Sanchez throwing picks all over the place you would think this year he's playing lights out!

Those names are great but Brees isn't playing great football, he's been struggling so thank you for confirming my point about comp %. David Garrard is #6 on the list, you think he's playing like the 6th best QB?

He made some bad throws too(although the one almost INt should have been PI as the Jets receiver was pushed in the back which caused him to miss the ball) and he had a bunch of drops in awful weather which dropped his % drastically just as it did w/ Favre.

Every QB has potential INTs dropped.

He is playing at an MVP level right now and he's a major reason his team has the best record in the NFL despite a very difficult schedule while missing a number of key players for most of those games.

He's leading our O to 26 PPG, he has 8 TDs, he has ZERO INTs, his best weapon at WR has missed 4 of the 5 games, he led us on that great late drive to push the lead to 8 at Miami and led another great drive which should have ended the Minny game the other night but our "great" D allowed Minny to march down the field in seconds to get another chance.

I am not saying he deserves to win but he belongs in the conversation after 5 weeks. Will that continue? I don't know but he belongs as of today.

dolpns13
10-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Ravens and Steelers are better than the Jets. Miami just blows ATM. Ravens and Steelers will be battling all year for best team in the NFL.

Well you just mentioned the best top 3 teams in the league.. Does it really matter who are better than the Jets when they are top 3.

nyjunc
10-13-2010, 10:07 AM

The Jets are right there w/ both of those teams. keep in mind we played awful against Bal and lost by just one point.

ROADRUNNER
10-13-2010, 11:48 AM
What a

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/10/malechicken-1.jpg

peace4all
10-13-2010, 03:24 PM
this is one of the most homeristic posts I have ever read. He has a +100 QBR and hast turned the ball over not once. As it stands, he IS a candidate for MVP.. Wasnt Chad a candidate in 2008? Is DS having a similar season this year as Chad had that year.. Actually, in comparison with the 2008 Chad, the 2010 DS has really outperformed him. The unrealism on this board is hilarious..

Don't know what's so homeristic about noticing how the media is trying to make this guy look like something he isn't, and they've been doing it for quite some time now so it's becoming quite annoying...it's also obvious that he's being carried by the rest of his team and he has some really good players around him on O...that aside, i have nothing against the guy, and if he truly deserves the award by the end of the season, then by all means give the man what is rightfully his.

Daytona Fin
10-13-2010, 03:31 PM
i think LT should be considered before sangiz

Ruby2
10-13-2010, 03:33 PM
The obsession continues.

peace4all
10-13-2010, 03:34 PM
To this point in this season he is an MVP candidate. I understand that you hate him and maybe he doesn't keep the good play up but as of today he is a deserving candidate.

No, I don't hate him, or any other player in the league for that matter...I was just trying to point out the obvious fact that it's 2 early in his career and in the season to name him an mvp candidate.Sure, he's been playing well lately, not causing turnowers and all, but he also isn't getting a lot of throws and he doesn't need to because the d has been doing its job.We've yet to see what he does when it's time to put the team on his back or lead a 4th quarter comeback.When these situations come around and if he still won't throw picks, then we'll talk.

WrightNReyes
10-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Dolphin fans need to end their obsession with the Jets. Worrry about your own team.

nyjunc
10-13-2010, 03:45 PM
No, I don't hate him, or any other player in the league for that matter...I was just trying to point out the obvious fact that it's 2 early in his career and in the season to name him an mvp candidate.Sure, he's been playing well lately, not causing turnowers and all, but he also isn't getting a lot of throws and he doesn't need to because the d has been doing its job.We've yet to see what he does when it's time to put the team on his back or lead a 4th quarter comeback.When these situations come around and if he still won't throw picks, then we'll talk.

What does it being too early in his career have to do w/ anything? he's playing as well as any QB in the league on a team that has the best record. he's clearly a deserving candidate, that doesn't mean he should win but through 5 weeks he is a legit candidate.

He hasn't led a 4th qtr comeback but in 2 games he has led a dagger drive for a TD late in games- at Miami and vs. Minny(though our D tried to give it away).

Jamaicankid21
10-13-2010, 03:56 PM
The Jets are right there w/ both of those teams. keep in mind we played awful against Bal and lost by just one point.

Baltimore probably saying the same thing. We played awful and still won by one point...

SabanHater
10-13-2010, 03:58 PM
that little s#!t smeared b@$t@rd looked pretty darn good Monday night. He was quick in the pocket and made his decisions precisley. I'm no homer. He looks leaps and bounds ahead of Chad at the moment.

newlownorder
10-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Peyton Manning should get the MVP award every year til he retires. Seriously, name one other player that has the impact on his team that Manning does. Think about the Colts without Manning, you would be looking at a 6-10 team.

nyjunc
10-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Baltimore probably saying the same thing. We played awful and still won by one point...

Maybe but based on their other 4 games they played pretty well against us. In our other 4 games we have won by an average of 14 PPG while in their 3 other wins they won by an average of 8 PPG and we have had a tougher sched.

nyjunc
10-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Peyton Manning should get the MVP award every year til he retires. Seriously, name one other player that has the impact on his team that Manning does. Think about the Colts without Manning, you would be looking at a 6-10 team.

It's amazing how much credit Manning gets for the Colts winning and how everyone else is blamed when they lose. If they had a decent QB they'd win 10+ games, they'd win 10 games w/ a healthy Sorgi. Last year they had to throw a 3rd string QB in there who was a rookie and had never played before so they looked terrible(that QB didn't play w/ the immense starting talent that Indy has). Peyton has consitently had elite weapons to throw to on offense, as great as he is he's not a one man show. he didn't deserve the MVP the last 2 years(or his SB MVP) and he doesn't deserve it as of today for this year.

Swantoon
10-13-2010, 04:18 PM
It's amazing how much credit Manning gets for the Colts winning and how everyone else is blamed when they lose. If they had a decent QB they'd win 10+ games, they'd win 10 games w/ a healthy Sorgi. Last year they had to throw a 3rd string QB in there who was a rookie and had never played before so they looked terrible(that QB didn't play w/ the immense starting talent that Indy has). Peyton has consitently had elite weapons to throw to on offense, as great as he is he's not a one man show. he didn't deserve the MVP the last 2 years(or his SB MVP) and he doesn't deserve it as of today for this year.

Austin collie and Pierre Garcon are elite weapons?

peace4all
10-13-2010, 04:19 PM
What does it being too early in his career have to do w/ anything? he's playing as well as any QB in the league on a team that has the best record. he's clearly a deserving candidate, that doesn't mean he should win but through 5 weeks he is a legit candidate.

He hasn't led a 4th qtr comeback but in 2 games he has led a dagger drive for a TD late in games- at Miami and vs. Minny(though our D tried to give it away).

It has a little something to do with it as he's been playing this good for only a few games, and if you look at his whole career up until this point and sum it up into one opinion than he's been inconsistent to say the most.Now you're going to say that so far he's been developing and that he's had growing pains bla bla, and yes i know this is a "what have you done lately league", but what i'm trying to say is that being so early in his so far inconsistent career we can't tell if this is just a fluke or if it will keep up.Now don't get me wrong, I personally think the guy might become really good, but guys like bucky brooks should wait and see more of this good play of his before they label him mvp material instead of doing so after only a few good games and risk making fools of themselves.I'm not saying henne is better either, b/c he obviously isn't, but I dont't think sanchez has a big shot of becoming mvp ahead of manning for example.

NJDOLPHAN76
10-13-2010, 04:29 PM

Your defense is nasty, but you and your team are a joke! I look forward to watching them fail. Why you on this board to begin with as a JESTS fan makes no sense to me even after 15,960 posts? ****ing TOOL!

nyjunc
10-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Austin collie and Pierre Garcon are elite weapons?

Those guys are very talented players and they are about Manning's 4th or 5th options.

It has a little something to do with it as he's been playing this good for only a few games, and if you look at his whole career up until this point and sum it up into one opinion than he's been inconsistent to say the most.Now you're going to say that so far he's been developing and that he's had growing pains bla bla, and yes i know this is a "what have you done lately league", but what i'm trying to say is that being so early in his so far inconsistent career we can't tell if this is just a fluke or if it will keep up.Now don't get me wrong, I personally think the guy might become really good, but guys like bucky brooks should wait and see more of this good play of his before they label him mvp material instead of doing so after only a few good games and risk making fools of themselves.I'm not saying henne is better either, b/c he obviously isn't, but I dont't think sanchez has a big shot of becoming mvp ahead of manning for example.

His career has nothing to do w/ it, he's playing well NOW in this season. The award is not a career award it is based on each individual season so a player could suck for 10 years and if he is great in year 11 he can win the award. No one is saying he will win the award it's just that through 5 games he deserves consideration.

HurriPhin
10-13-2010, 05:08 PM
The only thing I'm getting sick of is ****in Jest threads in the Dolphin forum.
:puke:

There is a separate forum for all this non-sense called "Beasts of the East". I feel sorry for the mods. Get with it folks.

DolphinsAreBad
10-13-2010, 05:23 PM
lol yeah people are too disturbingly obsessed with the jets.

How's your head?

JETSJETSJETS
10-13-2010, 05:54 PM

I was sort of with you, until u mentioned the 5 fgs. Maybe you should watch the game before u comment? He didn't reach the end zone on all 5 FGs. Also, did u not see the dropped passes in the EZ? Oh, did I mention how great the weather was and he still managed to put the ball where it was supposed to be? And the garbage throws u talk of, I didn't see a bunch of them. Maybe a couple, but EVERY QB has those in EVERY game.

Did u say that Phillip Rivers and Kyle Orton are better choice of MVPs right now? They are 2-3. Thats a losing record. They can't even help their own team win the game. Rivers managed 27 pts against Oakland after the Oakland offense didn't even take the field twice in a row. He lost to Seattle, and lost to KC. He beat up on the Jags and the Cards. Congrats for even considering him for the MVP right now.

JETSJETSJETS
10-13-2010, 06:03 PM

Im guessing Pennington would have won the award if he had more wins and/or better stats than Manning.

Joneildu
10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Three players on pace to break the single season passing record, one on pace to absolutely destroy it...and Sanchez is the MVP? Ok...

Joneildu
10-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Those guys are very talented players and they are about Manning's 4th or 5th options.

His career has nothing to do w/ it, he's playing well NOW in this season. The award is not a career award it is based on each individual season so a player could suck for 10 years and if he is great in year 11 he can win the award. No one is saying he will win the award it's just that through 5 games he deserves consideration.

Huge difference between talented and well-coached. Indy has the best WRs coach (now OC) in the NFL by a longshot, and noone ever gives him credit.

JETSJETSJETS
10-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Three players on pace to break the single season passing record, one on pace to absolutely destroy it...and Sanchez is the MVP? Ok...

Two of them are leading a team thats on pace to go 6-10, while the other one is on pace to 10-6. Talking about being on pace, Sanchez is on pace for almost 2900 yards, 26tds, 0 ints, and a 13-3 record, and no QB in the history of the NFL has started all 16 games and not thrown a pick. Ever wonder why Kobe never got an MVP award until 2008, when he was 30, even though he had a few rings and several NBA top-5 record finishes.

Being on pace means crap.

nyjunc
10-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Im guessing Pennington would have won the award if he had more wins and/or better stats than Manning.

Chad clearly deserved it ahead of Peyton, he took over a 1-15 team that hadn't made the playoffs in 7 years and led them to 11 wins and a div title. The #s were close but if you switched the teams and peyton took over in Miami and did what Chad did and Chad was in Indy and did what Peyton did then Peyton would have won it. It was all about the name just like in the SB and just like last year.

How are those seasons going for those players? Maybe we'll give them a fantasy trophy for their fantasy #s.

Huge difference between talented and well-coached. Indy has the best WRs coach (now OC) in the NFL by a longshot, and noone ever gives him credit.

Talented and well coached is a pretty lethal combination, whatever the reasoining is Manning always has an advantage w/ what he has around him.

BSQ
10-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Sanchez is playing pretty well but he's not in the top 10 for MVP at this point in time.

Jetsfan81
10-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Sanchez is playing pretty well but he's not in the top 10 for MVP at this point in time.

Can you name 9 players who would be above him?

Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Tom Brady

Any other candidates?

nyjunc
10-14-2010, 02:30 PM

Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Tom Brady

Any other candidates?

I wouldn't necesasarily out any of those 3 over him to this point. He's led his team to a better record than Peyton and Brady(outdueling Brady in a head to head game) and he has better #s than Ryan while they have the same record against a tougher sched.

JETSJETSJETS
10-14-2010, 04:32 PM

Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Tom Brady

Any other candidates?

Matt Ryan is playing better than Sanchez? Thats news to me. They guy beat up on Cards, 49ers and Browns. He faced two good teams. Lost to a great D, like Sanchez did, and played very good against a solid offensive team, like Sanchez did against the Pats. As for him beating the Cards, 49ers and Browns, Sanchez had to beat three SOLID defenses in Bills, Dolphins and Vikings. Matt Ryan has 7 tds, and 3 ints. Sanchez has 8 TDs, and zero picks. Its not even close.

Manning is probably the better candidate right now. Patriots are struggling. Tom Brady isn't spectacular thus far. He had a very good game against the Bengals, sucked against the Jets ("we just sucked!!!"), barely beat the lousy Bills, and had his special teams win the game against the Dolphins. Not that he's playing bad, but I would put Sanchez ahead of him right now. Not sure if it remains the same by the time wk17 comes around.

JETSJETSJETS
10-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Chad clearly deserved it ahead of Peyton, he took over a 1-15 team that hadn't made the playoffs in 7 years and led them to 11 wins and a div title. The #s were close but if you switched the teams and peyton took over in Miami and did what Chad did and Chad was in Indy and did what Peyton did then Peyton would have won it. It was all about the name just like in the SB and just like last year.

For Penningtons play, he deserved the comeback player of the year award, not MVP. And he got what he deserved. Even Chad Henne went 7-5 with that team the following year. The Dolphins were a good team, they just didn't have a QB. I don't even know who was their QB in 07. Was it Gus Frerotte(sp?)? Yeah, he sucks.

Smith21
10-14-2010, 04:56 PM

Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Tom Brady

Any other candidates?
Lets say most valuable player means Most Valuable.. You could replace Sanchez with Mark Brunell and I think the record of the jets would stay the same(sort of how the steelers did without there "star" Qb). For that reason alone im going to throw up Mcnabb and Aaron Rodgers on that list. Both Qb's are the Reason those teams are doing as good as they are.

I think if anyone deserves an award for a 5 game season.. it would be the Guy in Junc's avatar picture. But Sanchez has had a pretty good season so far.

Davej
10-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Do you all have a Jets complex or something?

Jetsfan81
10-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Lets say most valuable player means Most Valuable.. You could replace Sanchez with Mark Brunell and I think the record of the jets would stay the same(sort of how the steelers did without there "star" Qb). For that reason alone im going to throw up Mcnabb and Aaron Rodgers on that list. Both Qb's are the Reason those teams are doing as good as they are.

I think if anyone deserves an award for a 5 game season.. it would be the Guy in Junc's avatar picture. But Sanchez has had a pretty good season so far.

First, if you think Mark Brunell is a capable backup in this league you must not have seen him play in his limited time with the Saints or in preseason this year against future UPS drivers. He's done. In fact, his only decent drive in the preseason was a drive Sanchez CALLED when the coaching staff had him take over Schottenheimer's offensive coordinator duties for a quarter. I like him as a mentor for Sanchez, don't like that they gave him a helmet and pads.

As for Rodgers' candidacy, he and the Packers have been a bit of a disappointment so far. They barely squeaked by Philly once Michael Vick replaced Kolb. Their other 2 wins are over the lowly Bills and Lions (who they beat by 2 points). And the offense looked anemic against the Bears and Redskins. Throw Rodgers onto the list as an MVP candidate, but the Jets offense has been better in large part due to Sanchez.

I'll certainly give you McNabb because the Redskins are in the middle of an overhaul and he's lead them to a winning record thus far.

But that still doesn't suggest that Sanchez is outside of the top 10 of MVP candidates early in the season, as one poster suggested. If he starts turning the ball over and turns into midseason 2009 Sanchez, you can say it then.

nyjunc
10-14-2010, 05:19 PM
For Penningtons play, he deserved the comeback player of the year award, not MVP. And he got what he deserved. Even Chad Henne went 7-5 with that team the following year. The Dolphins were a good team, they just didn't have a QB. I don't even know who was their QB in 07. Was it Gus Frerotte(sp?)? Yeah, he sucks.

1-15 to 11-5, Chad deserved the MVP in a season w/ no spectacular candidates. W/o Chad you guys win 5-6 games that year.

From what I saw of Brunell in camp and preseason I don't think we'd be 4-1 w/ him at QB.

I think in a pinch he can still play but if he had to play weekly we'd be in big trouble.

JETSJETSJETS
10-14-2010, 07:42 PM
1-15 to 11-5, Chad deserved the MVP in a season w/ no spectacular candidates. W/o Chad you guys win 5-6 games that year.

Not having a reliable QB will not win u many games with an average D.

lf911sc
10-16-2010, 06:28 PM

What does last year have to do with this season?

Point is that after 5 games he's leading one of the leagues best teams and more importantly one of the leagues best offenses.

Thats just what it is at this point of the season. Nothing else changes that.

lf911sc
10-16-2010, 06:32 PM

From what I saw of Brunell in camp and preseason I don't think we'd be 4-1 w/ him at QB.

I think in a pinch he can still play but if he had to play weekly we'd be in big trouble.

In fairness Chad did finish 2nd. And there were candidates. Favre had a great year, maybe his best. 4,000+ 29 or so TDs and 15 picks. Chad was hurt by the idea that the fin O was best when he was on the bench and they ran the wild cat.

nyjunc
10-18-2010, 08:16 AM
In fairness Chad did finish 2nd. And there were candidates. Favre had a great year, maybe his best. 4,000+ 29 or so TDs and 15 picks. Chad was hurt by the idea that the fin O was best when he was on the bench and they ran the wild cat.

Favre had a great year last year not 2008 when Chad should have won it. Favre or Brees should have won it last year but Manning gets the benefit of every doubt.

Daytona Fin
10-20-2010, 06:49 PM
heres a top 10 mvp list from espn. im not big on espn lists but i put them ahead of some of you guys. oh and by the way i said LT was ahead of sanchez.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/25843/mike-sandos-mvp-watch-23
1 manning
2 brady
3 c johnson
4 brees
5 LT
6 foster
7 rivers
8 orton
9 s jackson
10 polamalu

jetsknicks1
10-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Your defense is nasty, but you and your team are a joke! I look forward to watching them fail. Why you on this board to begin with as a JESTS fan makes no sense to me even after 15,960 posts? ****ing TOOL!

And the intelligent Phin fan makes an apearence.

nyjunc
10-21-2010, 08:11 AM
heres a top 10 mvp list from espn. im not big on espn lists but i put them ahead of some of you guys. oh and by the way i said LT was ahead of sanchez.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/25843/mike-sandos-mvp-watch-23
1 manning
2 brady
3 c johnson
4 brees
5 LT
6 foster
7 rivers
8 orton
9 s jackson
10 polamalu

It's very interesting that you didn't post last week's list which had sanchez on it- I wonder why?:ponder: People that didn't watch the game would move sanchez down after last week b/c his fantasy #s weren't great but after the bad start he led us back on the road in a hostile environment for the win. That's what MVP types do. He's still a deserving candidtae as of today, we'll see if that can continue.

Here's last week's list: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/25333/mike-sandos-mvp-watch-22

jfaulknercahill
10-21-2010, 10:37 AM

whats wrong with averaging 180 yards a game? with the jets running game why would you throw the ball for 300 yards a game. the jets havent thrown over 300 yards in a single game since like 2006 against the vikings. it isnt our plan.

lf911sc
10-21-2010, 08:07 PM
What record has Rivers led the Chargers to ? MVPs don't come from bottom feeder teams. The point of a MVP is that he makes his team better and into winners. Ain't happening so far for Rivers. Getting tons of yardage because your team is losing every week doesn't make anyone a MVP.

Daytona Fin
10-22-2010, 10:53 AM
It's very interesting that you didn't post last week's list which had sanchez on it- I wonder why?:ponder: People that didn't watch the game would move sanchez down after last week b/c his fantasy #s weren't great but after the bad start he led us back on the road in a hostile environment for the win. That's what MVP types do. He's still a deserving candidtae as of today, we'll see if that can continue.

Here's last week's list: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/25333/mike-sandos-mvp-watch-22

i didnt know they did one last week or that it was a weekly list. my bad

lf911sc
10-23-2010, 11:11 PM
How can LT be on the MVP list? As great as he's played the Jets are rushing for nearly the same yardage as they were a year ago. The biggest change is the play of the QB. And given 5-1, he's got to get credit.

Jetsfan81
10-24-2010, 12:05 AM
How can LT be on the MVP list? As great as he's played the Jets are rushing for nearly the same yardage as they were a year ago. The biggest change is the play of the QB. And given 5-1, he's got to get credit.

I tend to agree with this. LT is definitely among the leading candidates for the Chad Pennington Award....err, Comeback Player of the Year Award....but MVP? Bit of a stretch.

nyjunc
10-25-2010, 07:52 AM

The yardage may be similar but we are getting consistent explosive plays out of the running game specifically from LT.

lf911sc
10-28-2010, 02:15 PM
The yardage may be similar but we are getting consistent explosive plays out of the running game specifically from LT.

I'm not knocking LT, he's been great plus like you said he's more of a threat. Plus you have to throw in a bigger dose of S Green over last years rush attack in the changes to the game. But the results are still similar, which isn't a bad thing given they led the league in rushing last season. But to me given the similar results, you have to give the nod to Sanchez's improved play, or more to the point his steady play, being more important in getting to 5-1 than LT.