PDA

View Full Version : Hoke has these Aztecs ready to scale big heights

X-Pacolypse
10-17-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/16/hoke-has-these-aztecs-ready-scale-big-heights/

The hump — more like a big, fat, hairy, stinking, Quasimodo Himalaya with its arms crossed — has been standing in front of San Diego (http://topics.signonsandiego.com/topic/San_Diego) State’s football program for the better part of 30 years. The Aztecs’ strategy to get over it generally has included wearing cement climbing shoes, bad luck charms and, sorry to say, little strategy whatsoever.

CedarPhin
10-17-2010, 01:16 PM
It's about time they get a good team.

CedarPhin
10-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Got some of the best ways to recruit there, but for whatever reason, they've never capitalized on it. SDSU's in San Diego, has a great campus, the facilities are nice, etc.

TedSlimmJr
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Vincent Brown is one of the best WR's in college football that nobody really talks about. One of the best PLAYERS period from non-BCS conferences....he's been firmly in my top 5 Senior WR prospects... the kid has what he needs to potentially be a hell of a #2 WR in the NFL...

I remember when teams dreaded to have to play SDSU back in the Marshall Faulk days....

X-Pacolypse
10-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Got some of the best ways to recruit there, but for whatever reason, they've never capitalized on it. SDSU's in San Diego, has a great campus, the facilities are nice, etc.

I totally agree. SDSU is one of those programs that should be a collegiate powerhouse but for whatever reason they haven't been. I'm happy to see that Brady Hoke has the Aztecs back on the upswing because that fanbase has suffered with bad teams for a long time, and they deserve a winner. Not only that, how awesome would it be to see a packed house at Qualcomm on Saturdays?

Also, I feel the same way about UNLV, and Hawaii as well. Those are two areas that should be able to attract top kids as well. Hawaii was there for awhile with June Jones, but UNLV not so much. Ehh, I guess I'm just a sucker for a good location.

CedarPhin
10-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Hawaii's quietly building themselves back up after their rebuild project. I watched them on TV last night against Nevada, they impressed the hell out of me. I could see them beating Boise.

Mako
10-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Rocky Long has really done a nice job with that defense.

I realize New Mexico decided it was time to take the next step, however they've absolutely PLUMMETED under Locksley.