PDA

View Full Version : McQuistan not as bad as fans make him to be

FinAtic8480
10-19-2010, 05:35 PM
As much as McQuistan catches flack he allowed 1 pressure, and runners gained 5.2 yards per on 14 carries over his A and B gaps

I told you he's a better run blocker than Jerry and that would be the reason they start him even tho Jerry had a good week of practice.

Jerry the much superior pass protector and that will be at more of a premium vs the Steelers so expect Jerry to reclaim his spot this week

www.twitter.com/ckparrot

Sorry CK, but I had to post this. A lot of people give McQuistan a ton of crap and he has been solid for us and good contributor.

tylerdolphin
10-19-2010, 05:38 PM
I havent seen very many things as pathetic as last week when he stood there in the open field and just didnt block anyone, allowing Ronnie to be tackled for a short gain.

hooshoops
10-19-2010, 05:38 PM
i hope you asked for permission...lol

anyways...i couldn't disagree more with ck...again

mcquistan is a bad football player imo

Nawledge
10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Im sorry but McQuistan sucks if u ask me...

hooshoops
10-19-2010, 05:40 PM
I havent seen very many things as pathetic as last week when he stood there in the open field and just didnt block anyone, allowing Ronnie to be tackled for a short gain.

2 way go to make contact with someone on the outside with ronnie running up his backside and did nothing...and for my tape study which i haven't done the green bay game yet he spends way too much time on the ground...

straight line guy only...non athlete...good for a holding call per half as well...gets overextended...poor balance

tylerdolphin
10-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Also, it seems like he has more penalties than the other lineman. I dont have stats and could be off on this, but it certainly feels that way.

Eli_Manning
10-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Did he really say he's a better blocker than jerry???

JEDIJ007
10-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Dude Pat McQueefster sucks. He is the weakes link, and a bum.

FinAtic8480
10-19-2010, 05:45 PM
i hope you asked for permission...lol

anyways...i couldn't disagree more with ck...again

mcquistan is a bad football player imo

lmao! CK needs to know I truly look up to him and in no way am I trying to compete with him.

hooshoops
10-19-2010, 05:46 PM
mcquistan in pass pro killed entire drives in the jets game giving up immediate inside pressure...straight up killed entire drives with pressure on henne from jump street

in line straight ahead as a run blocker i've found him to be adequate to ok...everywhere else ugh

pacresjt
10-19-2010, 05:48 PM
You know the other guys get paid too. You cant win every match up and yes people make many mistakes during the game. I don't understand why everyone here see's one bad play and the player is a waste of skin. This is our player, we are running good to his side and he has only given 1 pressure in 3 games. He is a back up filling in for an injured starter. That's pretty good IMO. I wonder if anyone watched Hard Knocks this year there was a Guard for the Jets that didn't even get his hands on the 3rd string defender one pre-season game on like 3 plays in a row, that's not whats happening here.

JT-forpresident
10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
If anyone here thinks McQuistan will keep his job and Jerry will stay on the bench when he's healthy, then that person is a complete fool

Jerry is the best guard the dolphins have had in the last three seasons (aside from maybe incognito at this point in their respective careers ) , and you'd think they would keep him on the bench for a guy who doesn't understand the combination of the words "pass" and "pro" ??? :bobdole:

X-Pacolypse
10-19-2010, 05:52 PM
www.twitter.com/ckparrot (http://www.twitter.com/ckparrot)

Sorry CK, but I had to post this. A lot of people give McQuistan a ton of crap and he has been solid for us and good contributor.

Sorry, but I have to post this.

Pat McQuistan sucks.

JT-forpresident
10-19-2010, 05:55 PM
mcquistan in pass pro killed entire drives in the jets game giving up immediate inside pressure...straight up killed entire drives with pressure on henne from jump street

in line straight ahead as a run blocker i've found him to be adequate to ok...everywhere else ugh

true that...

In the green bay game, I don't know how many times we went with 6 and even 7 blockers for Henne, simply because they'd ask Carey to help out on the inside and they would either put a TE or a RB to seal the edge on that right side...

6 man protection is adequate and conventional, and i've seen my fair share throughout the season... 7 man protection, when green bay is bringing 4 ? and neither fasano or brown are coming out of the backfield because they want max protection ?!?! Point your finger toward McQuistan...

on a sidenote, Henning used this sudden adjustment, mixed with his trend to roll out right on 2nd/3rd & 10-ish , to design a beautiful back side screen to fasano... that was absolutely brilliant. That's knowing you have trends and tendencies in certain down and distances, and defenses are starting to identify them... then you bring'em this counter move that, put simply, ****s them up. Great design, great call, Hats off to Henning.

hooshoops
10-19-2010, 05:55 PM
You know the other guys get paid too. You cant win every match up and yes people make many mistakes during the game. I don't understand why everyone here see's one bad play and the player is a waste of skin. This is our player, we are running good to his side and he has only given 1 pressure in 3 games. He is a back up filling in for an injured starter. That's pretty good IMO. I wonder if anyone watched Hard Knocks this year there was a Guard for the Jets that didn't even get his hands on the 3rd string defender one pre-season game on like 3 plays in a row, that's not whats happening here.

one bad play??? lol...watch tape...one bad play per set of downs more like it...if not more

hooshoops
10-19-2010, 06:02 PM
lmao! CK needs to know I truly look up to him and in no way am I trying to compete with him.

i'll take it you didn't ask...

miamiron
10-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Something is happening because our run game sucks
we have 1 rushing td all season.... the first game
we have 1 rushing play for 20 yards or more tied for last in the NFL
We had a top 5 rushing team last season...we are now 14th in the NFL
WITH THE ONLY DIFFERENCE A NEW LEFT GUARD,CENTER,RIGHT GUARD
He's not the only reason but make no mistake HE IS PART OF THE PROBLEM

Lord Of Miami
10-19-2010, 06:09 PM

I think that was an inside joke about someone taking CK's and Boom's work and passing it off as their own.That's what i thought hoops was joking about............Someone did that on another site then started doing it here as well last year.

But i do find it odd you would look up to someone/anyone that you know from online.

And if Mcquistan was ever going to have an ok game it was last week because he was going up a rook that was a 7th round draft pick starting his 1st game ever in the NFL, don't you just LOVE how CK didn't add in that part....................i wonder why!

It's because he didn't know or was talking side ways. you pick, lol

hooshoops
10-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Something is happening because our run game sucks
we have 1 rushing td all season.... the first game
we have 1 rushing play for 20 yards or more tied for last in the NFL
We had a top 5 rushing team last season...we are now 14th in the NFL
WITH THE ONLY DIFFERENCE A NEW LEFT GUARD,CENTER,RIGHT GUARD
He's not the only reason but make no mistake HE IS PART OF THE PROBLEM

the blame goes to the interior oline and to a lesser extent the rbs...we have zero explosion at rb right now and we just aren't getting enough push from the inside oline players...straight line or pulling...fasanos been or hit or miss also as a run blocker

this week will be quite a test for the oline/te across the board...if we can't run we're toast

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-19-2010, 06:25 PM

i cant decide what is worse. this thread or Pat. No offense Finatic, but you also thought Randy Thomas and Barbie Carpenter were "solid" pickups. I think Ill take your player evaluation skills with a grain of salt.

SCOTTY
10-19-2010, 06:52 PM
If anyone here thinks McQuistan will keep his job and Jerry will stay on the bench when he's healthy, then that person is a complete fool

Jerry is the best guard the dolphins have had in the last three seasons (aside from maybe incognito at this point in their respective careers ) , and you'd think they would keep him on the bench for a guy who doesn't understand the combination of the words "pass" and "pro" ??? :bobdole:

Do you really think Incognito is good? I have seen every down of every game this year and can't count how many blocks Incognito missed. There are so many plays where he literally blocks no one! Am I missing something here??

Lord Of Miami
10-19-2010, 07:02 PM
i cant decide what is worse. this thread or Pat. No offense Finatic, but you also thought Randy Thomas and Barbie Carpenter were "solid" pickups. I think Ill take your player evaluation skills with a grain of salt.

I think it's funny that people on this site take the word of a draftnik that can't even decipher who the good/bad players are in the NFL,yet some think he has a clue about players coming into it lol to funny.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-19-2010, 07:31 PM
yes he is

finfan54
10-19-2010, 07:36 PM
There are not many here I find that really know what they see. They just make stuff up like a good democrat with no record to run on.

MiamiDolphins34
10-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Henne had a lot of time to throw on sunday......i am with finatic

Flip Tanneflop
10-19-2010, 07:55 PM

AAAhhhh. Im glad someone else saw that. The exact play I referenced in my post the other day. McQueefstain couldve blocked either player and sprung Ronnie for a big gain. Instead he didnt block anyone and Ronnie got cut down for a short gain. Pulling around to the left, he just kinda walked along and didnt hit anyone. ****ing block somebody, would ya please. It was he and Ronnie all alone in the open field and he just let our boy get tackled.

Dolph N.Fan
10-19-2010, 08:25 PM
once you get nicknamed "McQueefstain" it's over, no way he can redeem himself...he sucks.

Heinegrabber
10-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Looks like the complete opposite from what I have seen.

fatkirstyalley
10-19-2010, 08:28 PM
He has improved tremendously since his first game

Flip Tanneflop
10-20-2010, 01:25 AM
There are some terrific posts in this thread btw. A few of my all time favorites.

sharp
10-20-2010, 01:33 AM
can i get a positive rep and a thanks from WV, flynryan, x-poc, and fins2000?

Flip Tanneflop
10-20-2010, 01:53 AM

Ive already given you positive rep and plenty of thanks for posts before.

Post something funny, insightful, or both if you want those things. Well, at least from me.

If you want positive rep and thanks the easy way, just start a kool-aid lovers thread. Just start a thread talking about how people who question Henne in any way are clueless and post a few stats of his and a few random QBs in their first 17 starts as a comparison.

Dr. Phin
10-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Do you really think Incognito is good? I have seen every down of every game this year and can't count how many blocks Incognito missed. There are so many plays where he literally blocks no one! Am I missing something here??

I went through the game the other day and watched Incognito in particular. He absolutely sucks. He ended up on his *** (flat out thrown down one time) or completely whiffed his block 4 times in the first quarter. If you include penalties, he had 8 totally sucky plays during the game. This didn't even count the plays were he just did a bad job...these were plays where it made you wonder why he was even out there. Incognito is terrible.

He did have one good block on a pull.

Dr. Phin
10-20-2010, 02:07 AM
Henne had a lot of time to throw on sunday......i am with finatic

Pass rush tends to come from the edges, not through the guards. And by the way....not only was Matthews out...but his backup went down too. So, you shouldn't put a lot of weight into the fact that Henne had a lot of time.

finnns2000
10-20-2010, 02:17 AM
I have a hard time believing this guy is better than Donald Thomas. Who btw was another tremendous Parcells pick.

UHHS
10-20-2010, 02:46 AM

If you watch as much as you supposedly do then learn the game. Its the LGs job to protect the A gap, regardless if someone is there or not. The moment he goes to help someone and moves you can bet they try to send a lber through that A gap you complain about he stands and does nothing. Know why ? because most teams do not even put a man heads up on Incognito. Stop the BS and learn the game of football. Watch any team play that passes a lot, like we do now. Watch their LG, he protects the A Gap. They had him helping out Long the first few games and now they changed it up to the traditional A Gap protection. The D was sending people around and through the A Gap when he was sent to help elsewhere. See the sack on Jacksonvilles QB that put him out of the game last night ? That was an Gap blitz where the LG was helping out the center instead of standing there, as you say, doing nothing and blocking no one. The moment their LG ( who was Smiley but now he has one arm hanging off) the moment their lg helps elsewhere, they send a LBer through the A GAP. Watch, learn, stop saying crap that is meaningless if you knew the game.

People still moan and say these guys are better
Smiley, released and did not practice fully all summer and is now out with what ? a torn up shoulder, oh, what a surprise.
Grove, released, whacking off at home
Donald Thomas, released, not enough energy to whack off at home.

Three players above are always mentioned and the three players above are non contributors in the least little bit.

MadDog 88
10-20-2010, 02:48 AM
It appeared to me as if he was trying to figure out which way Ronnie was going to determine his blocking direction. WRONG!! Lay the man out so Ronnie can decide. He is horrible at pulling. Much better in pass protection.

UHHS
10-20-2010, 02:48 AM
I have a hard time believing this guy is better than Donald Thomas. Who btw was another tremendous Parcells pick.

Thomas is out of work, 31 other NFL teams thinks Thomas is not good either. Perhaps you should get his number and call him up and pay him 450 K for the year to sit with you by your TV, because thats the only job he is getting in 2010

BigNastyDB13
10-20-2010, 03:06 AM

I don't give a crap what the stats say because I watch the games at least twice and from what I can tell the guy barely blocks air. He's utterly useless on any type of screen, he's lucky if he even forces the defender to run around him and the over-whelming majority of offensive line penalties are on him. Pretty much our entire line sucks blocking guys out in the open but McQuistan takes the cake.

MadDog 88
10-20-2010, 03:10 AM
I have a hard time believing this guy is better than Donald Thomas. Who btw was another tremendous Parcells pick.Although they have made many horrendous personnel decisions, when you get in to the 6th round the odds of finding a player that make the team, let alone a starter, is drastically reduced.

twohype
10-20-2010, 03:23 AM
Im sorry but McQuistan sucks if u ask me...

Yep.....he's awful period..........

Lord Of Miami
10-20-2010, 03:49 AM
FinAtic8480 (http://www.finheaven.com/member.php?4734-FinAtic8480) Is now saying this on twitter to others "" @ckparrot (http://twitter.com/ckparrot) You should not let a handful of bandwagon fans that talk crap get to you, just ignore & keep doing the awesome job you do."" Link~http://twitter.com/Robi2184

So he posted a thread that many of us don't agree with and now because of that..... we are somehow " bandwagon fans " that's funny because most of us that he's talking about have been MIAMI DOLFAN'S before he was even alive.

Stay Classy FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480
10-20-2010, 04:08 AM
FinAtic8480 (http://www.finheaven.com/member.php?4734-FinAtic8480) Is now saying this on twitter to others "" @ckparrot (http://twitter.com/ckparrot) You should not let a handful of bandwagon fans that talk crap get to you, just ignore & keep doing the awesome job you do."" Link~http://twitter.com/Robi2184

So he posted a thread that many of us don't agree with and now because of that..... we are somehow " bandwagon fans " that's funny because most of us that he's talking about have been MIAMI DOLFAN'S before he was even alive.

Stay Classy FinAtic8480

Did I lie about something ?

MadDog 88
10-20-2010, 04:24 AM

@ckparrot You should not let a handful of bandwagon fans that talk crap get to you, just ignore & keep doing the awesome job you do.:newera:

I'm a band wagon fan because I disagree? Grow up son!!

tylerdolphin
10-20-2010, 04:29 AM
I went onto the twitter pages and cant even figure out whats going on. Its like french. How do people use this?

Lord Of Miami
10-20-2010, 04:34 AM

Not that i know of, your post just looks childish to run around calling people names because they don't agree with you.

BigNastyDB13
10-20-2010, 04:34 AM
I went onto the twitter pages and cant even figure out whats going on. Its like french. How do people use this?

I'm not familiar with it either but I hear it helps if you speak ebonics.

FinAtic8480
10-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Man some of you are the most negative fans ever, it is not your opinions that bother, it is the constant criticism from everything this team does that sucks. Nobody said McQuistan is a star all we are saying is he is a quality backup. Your team is over .500, they just won a road game in Green Bay & your star slot receiver just got a contract extension. So much to cheer about, so much to be happy about and all hear is moaning a criticism towards our team. It is BS.

MadDog 88
10-20-2010, 04:35 AM
It's a source that analysts, reporters, everyday people disseminate info on the spot. Simply follow someone you trust for good info or opinions and you can get immediate news on what they are putting out. Scheffter, LaCanfora, Schottey, etc. all use it to get immediate word on to the streets.

tylerdolphin
10-20-2010, 04:37 AM
I'm not familiar with it either but I hear it helps if you speak ebonics.
:lol:
Its not even that. Its just that theres a bunch of @ and other symbols and its impossible to follow a conversation. Whos saying what to who?

FinAtic8480
10-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Not that i know of, your post just looks childish to run around calling people names because they don't agree with you.

Im not calling anyone names, the majority of Dolfans are a bunch of bandwagon fans who are waiting for the team to lose to go sniff Lebron's jock. If you are not one of them you have no reason to feel offended. If you root for this team no matter what, if you stay in those stands until the clock hits zero & if you bleed aqua and orange then don't sweat it.

BigNastyDB13
10-20-2010, 04:38 AM

It reminded me of when I was on the phone with my girlfriend and her 3 year old asked to talk to her and the kid says 'mommy he spilled ice on the floor" and then she hands the phone back to me and says "I told Mommy what you did"...lol it was classic

MadDog 88
10-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Man some of you are the most negative fans ever, it is not your opinions that bother, it is the constant criticism from everything this team does that sucks. Nobody said McQuistan is a star all we are saying is he is a quality backup. Your team is over .500, they just won a road game in Green Bay & your star slot receiver just got a contract extension. So much to cheer about, so much to be happy about and all hear is moaning a criticism towards our team. It is BS.
S
orry CK, but I had to post this. A lot of people give McQuistan a ton of crap and he has been solid for us and good contributor.
This is exactly what you stated Rob. IMO and many others, he hasn't been solid and if he hasn't he should be criticized. These are opinions that are being stated so not everyone will agree. Nothing wrong with that. But the definition of a fan is NOT someone who does nothing but support the team. I loved the Dolphins long before you were born and is doesn't diminish my loyalty or love because I criticize personnel moves.

BigNastyDB13
10-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Its not even that. Its just that theres a bunch of @ and other symbols and its impossible to follow a conversation. Whos saying what to who?

I hear ya. I don't get the hoopla over it either but I assume @ means somebody is "twitting" something @/to somebody.

MadDog 88
10-20-2010, 04:45 AM
Im not calling anyone names, the majority of Dolfans are a bunch of bandwagon fans who are waiting for the team to lose to go sniff Lebron's jock. If you are not one of them you have no reason to feel offended. If you root for this team no matter what, if you stay in those stands until the clock hits zero & if you bleed aqua and orange then don't sweat it.

You don't get it. You generalized Dolphin fans that disagreed with CK as being bandwagon fans. This goes hand in hand with skewed thread titles. You have cleaned it up very nice in that area but turn around and make a statement like that. Granted, it was on Twitter but that should teach you that you never know who sees what you write.

Lord Of Miami
10-20-2010, 05:31 AM
You don't get it. You generalized Dolphin fans that disagreed with CK as being bandwagon fans. This goes hand in hand with skewed thread titles. You have cleaned it up very nice in that area but turn around and make a statement like that. Granted, it was on Twitter but that should teach you that you never know who sees what you write.

Well said, i really have nothing more to add to that or this thread.

Perfect72
10-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Is McQuistan better than Donald Thomas?

If not, why get rid of Thomas or Smiley for McQuistan?

hooshoops
10-20-2010, 10:25 AM

Stay Classy FinAtic8480

since finatic tossed that out i'll toss this out...finatic as many of us already know doesn't know a damn thing about pro football...

"bandwagon fans" lol...

FinAtic8480
10-20-2010, 10:35 AM
since finatic tossed that out i'll toss this out...finatic as many of us already know doesn't know a damn thing about pro football...

"bandwagon fans" lol...

Absolutely nothing

Etuoo33
10-20-2010, 10:37 AM
It will be interesting to re watch the game tonight on NFL net and re wind McMq's contributions. I saw him get owned against the Jests and look less than stellar against NE.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Finatic did not deserve that... Good contributor IMHO.

datruth55
10-20-2010, 10:37 AM

You forgot about the holding penalties and I wonder what the run average his behind him when he pulls...I would say it sucks.

Didn't someone call him McQueefstink on here?

hooshoops
10-20-2010, 10:40 AM
mcq should look pretty good against the packers front...they were missing all kinds of guys on their 2 deep...although i do think he got matched up with bj raji who's been pretty much a bust to date one on one a few times

i still got to watch that tape but i'm not gonna lie...i don't think playing well against that packers line indicates anything really about how this oline is run blocking right now...of course its nice to see us gain some yards but i want to see how we match up against another legit physical front like the steelers this week...those are the ones that i try to gauge us against...not teams missing all kinds of players

flynryan15
10-20-2010, 10:44 AM

It is called being a real fan! It takes no effort what so ever to go through the season with blinders on claiming everything the Dolphins do is awesome! A REAL fan can see the negative aspects of his own team a homer can't! For the record McDouchenozzle sucks! Do you know how many times I saw him on his knees looking like a little kid at the beach digging in the sand for loose change? Instead of defending that trash bag you should be more worried that one of his look out blocks isn't going to cost Henne, Brown, or Ricky an ACL

hooshoops
10-20-2010, 10:46 AM
bringing info from different media outlets to the board and knowing the game and its players and the talent on this team are not the same thing...

flynryan15
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
bringing info from different media outlets to the board and knowing the game and its players and the talent on this team are not the same thing...

Don't bother it is a useless as a pet rock!

DolfanISS
10-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Well jerry is back starting at RG today in practice so maybe the Danny Bonaduce days are over.

hooshoops
10-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Well jerry is back starting at RG today in practice so maybe the Danny Bonaduce days are over.

best news i've heard in a while...

DolfanISS
10-20-2010, 11:37 AM
best news i've heard in a while...

Well according to Twitter, those guys have been wrong before.

hooshoops
10-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Well according to Twitter, those guys have been wrong before.

:buzzkill:

Flip Tanneflop
10-20-2010, 01:01 PM

Stay Classy FinAtic8480

Im starting to like these twitter updates more and more. :lol:

72PhinFan
10-20-2010, 04:37 PM
The problem, I think, is the high standard many of the naysayers hold the Dolphins to. They either have to have a top 10 player at each position, or the player not reaching that level is branded "stink". It is unreasonable even if the criticisms are spot on. McQuistan is a backup guard. Compare him to backup guards in the rest of the league. How many are better? If there are less than 15, then he is average or better than average. Is an improvement needed? Probably. Will he do for the moment. Yes. How many of you demand the same level of excellence for yourself at work or at home that you demand of Dolphins players? Are you the best at what you do? As a father, husband, son? Archetect, policeman, teacher? Second best? Top 5? The problem isn't that the constant negativity is critical, it's that it is unreasonable.

BigNastyDB13
10-20-2010, 04:54 PM
The problem, I think, is the high standard many of the naysayers hold the Dolphins to. They either have to have a top 10 player at each position, or the player not reaching that level is branded "stink". It is unreasonable even if the criticisms are spot on. McQuistan is a backup guard. Compare him to backup guards in the rest of the league. How many are better? If there are less than 15, then he is average or better than average. Is an improvement needed? Probably. Will he do for the moment. Yes. How many of you demand the same level of excellence for yourself at work or at home that you demand of Dolphins players? Are you the best at what you do? As a father, husband, son? Archetect, policeman, teacher? Second best? Top 5? The problem isn't that the constant negativity is critical, it's that it is unreasonable.

:ponder: It's unreasonable to expect an NFL offensive guard to block somebody? Not commit penalties at twice the rate of everyone else on the same line? I blame the front office for bringing these Cowboy retreads over here after it's failed time and time again. But maybe I'm being unreasonable :(

hooshoops
10-20-2010, 05:00 PM

while i'd prefer top 10 i'll just settle for quality football players...depth starters or otherwise...

ckparrothead
10-20-2010, 05:01 PM
This thread is ****ing ridiculous.

All the more so given that I SPECIFICALLY asked FinAtic8480 not to do **** like this.

So he takes a few of my tweets, out of context, as in he left out other tweets I made about Pat McQuistan, and starts an entire thread about it. Great, ****ing grand. When I want to ****ing say something, I will ****ing say something.

For the ****ing record:

1. Pat McQuistan is one of the worst pass protecting guards in the NFL. He is barely rosterable because of that, if rosterable at all.

2. He is currently a better run blocker than John Jerry, but that's not hard because Jerry was really struggling in that regard before he took ill and he's still trying to recover a lot of strength he lost during illness.

3. I'm downright giddy that John Jerry can resume his starting role.

4. Pat McQuistan could be cut tomorrow and I could give two ****s in an outhouse about it.

5. For all our legitimate reasons for being down on McQuistan I think it should be recognized that he helped Miami win the Green Bay game probably more than John Jerry would have. Running in that game was the most important thing they could do on offense, keeping the ball away from Aaron Rodgers, keeping the crowd from getting all jazzed up, and attacking a weakness on the Green Bay defense. His ridiculously weak pass protection was not a huge factor, because the Packers' pass rushers were generally overmatched against our pass protectors and Chad Henne's ability to beat the blitz. Even a turd like McQuistan deserves his props for a job well done and in the game he gave up 1 pressure and he helped us to run efficiently over his side of the line. He doesn't pull worth a damn and he's still not a worthwhile player, but the sun shines on a dog's @ss some days and this was one of them.

And if I felt that what I could say about McQuistan was worth posting a goddamn thread about, I would have posted the goddamn thread about it my goddamn self and therefore would have been able to explain exactly what I'm saying rather than have everyone think I now adore a sh-t stain like Pat McQuistan.

UHHS
10-20-2010, 05:10 PM

All the more so given that I SPECIFICALLY asked FinAtic8480 not to do **** like this.

So he takes a few of my tweets, out of context, as in he left out other tweets I made about Pat McQuistan, and starts an entire thread about it. Great, ****ing grand. When I want to ****ing say something, I will ****ing say something.

For the ****ing record:

1. Pat McQuistan is one of the worst pass protecting guards in the NFL. He is barely rosterable because of that, if rosterable at all.

2. He is currently a better run blocker than John Jerry, but that's not hard because Jerry was really struggling in that regard before he took ill and he's still trying to recover a lot of strength he lost during illness.

4. Pat McQuistan could be cut tomorrow and I could give two ****s in an outhouse about it.

5. For all our legitimate reasons for being down on McQuistan I think it should be recognized that he helped Miami win the Green Bay game probably more than John Jerry would have. Running in that game was the most important thing they could do on offense, keeping the ball away from Aaron Rodgers, keeping the crowd from getting all jazzed up, and attacking a weakness on the Green Bay defense. His ridiculously weak pass protection was not a huge factor, because the Packers' pass rushers were generally overmatched against our pass protectors and Chad Henne's ability to beat the blitz. Even a turd like McQuistan deserves his props for a job well done and in the game he gave up 1 pressure and he helped us to run efficiently over his side of the line. He doesn't pull worth a damn and he's still not a worthwhile player, but the sun shines on a dog's @ss some days and this was one of them.

And if I felt that what I could say about McQuistan was worth posting a goddamn thread about, I would have posted the goddamn thread about it my goddamn self and therefore would have been able to explain exactly what I'm saying rather than have everyone think I now adore a sh-t stain like Pat McQuistan.

C'mon, tell us how you really feel. :) http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

finnns2000
10-20-2010, 05:13 PM
lol, talk about thread backfire for FinAtic Salguero. Another example of taking things out of context.

FinAtic8480
10-20-2010, 05:16 PM
lol, talk about thread backfire for FinAtic Salguero. Another example of taking things out of context.

I am to the point I don't care anymore, it was a misunderstanding. If you are not perfect around these parts, they suddenly jump on you. As for CK I guess he hates being quoted that is fine I will never quote him again, and will respect his decision from now on.

Did not know saying a guy is a solid contributor and decent backup is murder.

ckparrothead
10-20-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't mean to be hard on anyone, but I specifically asked him not to pull this sh-t, especially after that one time when I make a simple one-word typo on twitter that turns into a thread of me confirming with inside sources that Aaron Rodgers has failed his concussion tests and will not practice or play.

He asked me on Twitter if he could post my tweets about McQuistan and I gave him a clear and emphatic "NO".

I come onto FinHeaven and lo and behold, there's a thread about it.

Mr. Magoo
10-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Wow. You specifically asked him not to post the McQuistan stuff and he did anyway? I hate to laugh but that's as blatant a dick move as you're likely to see. :lol:

Why even ask if you're just going to ignore the answer is what I want to know.

hooshoops
10-20-2010, 05:26 PM
thus i said "did you ask permission???"

but now i know that ck thinks mcquistan is an all pro...noted...lol

tylerdolphin
10-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Boom goes the dynamite.

ckparrothead
10-20-2010, 05:36 PM
If I write an article, anyone can feel free to quote it. I've been quoted by the Miami Herald, Sun Sentinel, etc. I consider threads to be sort of like articles in that way so if someone wants to quote me from one of those that's fine I guess as long as they don't maliciously take something out of context.

If I'm tweeting to the small group of 300 or so people that deem it worthwhile to follow me, that's not something to quote. I don't have inside information often and when I do, I most often don't share it because I've been asked not to.

FinAtic8480
10-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Boom goes the dynamite.

What happened here was simple, I asked CK to post something he did not answer in time, so I posted it anyway. If you put stuff on twitter it is public. I understand I might have taken it out of content, but there is no need to be so pissed about. I believe he is mistaken about me and think I want to compete with him, all I am doing is trying to praise the guy.

I am sorry and I understand if he does not want to accept the apology and stays all pissed and ****.

tylerdolphin
10-20-2010, 05:45 PM
What happened here was simple, I asked CK to post something he did not answer in time, so I posted it anyway. If you put stuff on twitter it is public. I understand I might have taken it out of content, but there is no need to be so pissed about. I believe he is mistaken about me and think I want to compete with him, all I am doing is trying to praise the guy.

I am sorry and I understand if he does not want to accept the apology and stays all pissed and ****.
I dont want to put words in CKs mouth, but I doubt thats what he is mad about. I think he is mad because you took his words and made them mean something that CK himself doesnt believe...his words were apparently taken out of context. That would make me mad too.

FinAtic8480
10-20-2010, 05:58 PM
I dont want to put words in CKs mouth, but I doubt thats what he is mad about. I think he is mad because you took his words and made them mean something that CK himself doesnt believe...his words were apparently taken out of context. That would make me mad too.

What can I say man it was a mistake, one of the many I make on a daily basis.

Da Phinishisher
10-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Twitter is public domain. Not saying who's wrong or right...just sayin..

vaneasy2338
10-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Not that i know of, your post just looks childish to run around calling people names because they don't agree with you. You don't think it was a little childish for someone to go on his twitter and post that just so a few of you fans can find reason to talk **** about one of our most consistent contributers on this website. Give me a fricking break. That's pretty pathetic, almost comical.

Dr. Phin
10-20-2010, 06:37 PM

It is not a problem with standards. I am comparing the present people to people we have had in the not so distant past, and these guys are just plain bad compared to them. I would include Donald Thomas in that group. He had his bonehead moments...but they were only a couple a game...if that. Incognito and McQuistan have numerous crap plays every game. NDukwe from a couple of years ago is better than these guys...hell Satele would beat out these guys.

We are not setting our standards too high....we are just setting standards...and these guys fall below the "they suck" standard...

cafinfan408
10-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Anything that anyone every speaks or types can be quoted. ..
I would not like to be quoted for some things I say but I understand if someone does...
Talk about making nothing into something.. who the F cares anyway..

arsenal
10-20-2010, 06:48 PM
wow talk about overreaction by many...

mcquistan sucks but hes been serviceable as a backup... we'll all be glad when jerry is back starting on Sundays... no need for people to bug out

what is posted on Twitter by many a folk can be quoted anywhere I think... it had some stats behind it that were relevant to the Dolphins, so it was quoted... why is that a problem?

anyway everyone needs to calm down, we are 3-2 with a big game coming up... lets go Phins

IronChef
10-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey guys lets all just get along! The Pittsburgh Steelers are the enemy this week!

Flip Tanneflop
10-20-2010, 07:27 PM

For the ****ing record:

This is the most ****ing awesome CK post ever! Love the tone. CK kicking some ****ing ***.

So Kenny Banyan is not your protege'. :lol: CK said like Jerry did "He's a hack!"

Lord Of Miami
10-20-2010, 09:07 PM
You don't think it was a little childish for someone to go on his twitter and post that just so a few of you fans can find reason to talk **** about one of our most consistent contributers on this website. Give me a fricking break. That's pretty pathetic, almost comical.

No not at all, he has called people here on this site names before via twitter yet he post a link to his twitter page for us to read it so he must want us all to see it.

This is what he said about Ricky'sBong (http://www.finheaven.com/member.php?40447-Ricky-sBong) and me and two other people on his twitter on Thursday, August 26 (http://twitter.com/Phins8/status/22236972798)

""@Robi2184 (http://twitter.com/Robi2184) them boys at finheaven sure are pissed for some reason."" Then FinAtic8480 says "" @Phins8 (http://twitter.com/Phins8) They are idiots who have no clue. It is just four bad apples that make it bad for the rest.""

So this name calling he does just go's on and on.If he really didn't want us to see it he'd would not have a link to his twitter page.

And next time you want me to read something you have to say to me PM me, cuzzz i only heard about your post from a friend that just called me laughing, thanks.

finsgonewild
10-20-2010, 09:45 PM
I think that the intent of posting this was to put a bad mark against CK. I do not think that is cool at all. CK has been a great contributor to finheaven for a long time. Though I disagree with some of his posts and others I am not able to read the entire posting, I think that he has been an awesome contributor to the site. Why exactly would this be posted in the first place other than ill intent? First of all everyone in there right mind knows Mcquistan sucks. The dude just can't block. Finactic, I know you love the Dolphins, hopefully everyone here does also, but please watch what you post. I know you enjoy relaying news back to us, and may have aspirations of being the best reporter on the site, there is still a lot you need to learn to be professional. It is important to post information that contains both accurate and meaningful data. I do not call Facebook or Twitter viable sources of information. When you post information, you have to ensure that it is meaningful and correct. It is not about being the FIRST to post the information, it is about being credible. You will be respected more that way in the future. I am not trying to backlash you. We are all dolphins fan, but please in the future try to be more professional. Posting information without there consent is called plagiarism. Its one thing that colleges take seriously and if you are not careful and make just one mistake without citing a reference, you will lose your academic career.

RobertHorry
10-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Lol, All I have to say is if CK did say "Do not post that about the 6 foot 4 leprechaun" then you don't post it.

We all know Finatic means no harm, but you have to realize this isn't high school and you can't be making mistakes like this with addition to threads like "Jarrad Page - FS Solution?" and "Otogwe to Miami!?" and "Pennington on the trade block?"

sharp
10-20-2010, 11:31 PM

I really can't see the miami dolphins as a huge bandwagon team. Possibly after that one 11-5 season but damn, no where near the heat wagon. But lets not hate on the heat wagon, lebron and his bandwagon fans are going to generate so much money for the area that we will get our roof. Comparing the people who jump on NFL teams wagons and people who jump on NBA teams wagons are two different things. Most people here dont even like basketball. And some that are basketball fans here like the sixers (lol), lakers (lol), or some other team. Mainly because Miami has no cohesiveness as a true sports fan base. I guess im one of the few.

GO HEAT!!!

like what you do here finatic just chimed in there

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-21-2010, 12:08 AM

Twitter sucks.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-21-2010, 12:14 AM

actually, some just seperate their heart from their head. some honestly think Pat Q sucks. just like some thought RGM sucked, Randy Thomas, Barbie Carpenter. some just call a spade a spade, even if that spade is in aqua.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-21-2010, 12:19 AM
I don't mean to be hard on anyone, but I specifically asked him not to pull this sh-t, especially after that one time when I make a simple one-word typo on twitter that turns into a thread of me confirming with inside sources that Aaron Rodgers has failed his concussion tests and will not practice or play.

He asked me on Twitter if he could post my tweets about McQuistan and I gave him a clear and emphatic "NO".

I come onto FinHeaven and lo and behold, there's a thread about it.

it was a "misunderstanding"

FinAtic8480
10-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Mods how about deleting this thread, thanks.

FinAtic8480
10-21-2010, 12:20 AM
This is the most ****ing awesome CK post ever! Love the tone. CK kicking some ****ing ***.

So Kenny Banyan is not your protege'. :lol: CK said like Jerry did "He's a hack!"

I am so scared

FinAtic8480
10-21-2010, 12:24 AM
No not at all, he has called people here on this site names before via twitter yet he post a link to his twitter page for us to read it so he must want us all to see it.

This is what he said about Ricky'sBong (http://www.finheaven.com/member.php?40447-Ricky-sBong) and me and two other people on his twitter on Thursday, August 26 (http://twitter.com/Phins8/status/22236972798)

""@Robi2184 (http://twitter.com/Robi2184) them boys at finheaven sure are pissed for some reason."" Then FinAtic8480 says "" @Phins8 (http://twitter.com/Phins8) They are idiots who have no clue. It is just four bad apples that make it bad for the rest.""

So this name calling he does just go's on and on.If he really didn't want us to see it he'd would not have a link to his twitter page.

And next time you want me to read something you have to say to me PM me, cuzzz i only heard about your post from a friend that just called me laughing, thanks.

I did post that and that is how I feel.

Flip Tanneflop
10-21-2010, 12:27 AM
:snack:

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-21-2010, 12:31 AM
feel free to pm me if you need to get something off your chest Finatic. Ive barely been on here lately, let alone addressed a post in your direction. I certainly would love to chat actual football with you sometime. and calling ppl bandwagon fans is pretty amusing. generally "bandwagon" fans hop aboard successfull at the time teams. not sure too many ppl would have much to hop on a bandwagon with this franchise the last decade. id say anyone that puts up with the misery of Miami football is a true fan, or they wouldnt even be around still. i like to look at my team objectively, i suppose lots of losing forces you to do that. i dont jump up and down and sing the praises of any guy who pulls on a jersey. you call it negative. i call it bein real. RGM sucks. where is he? ditto for Randy Thomas and The Boobie.

Flip Tanneflop
10-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Who ever though Grice Mullen was a player?

Flip Tanneflop
10-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Who are the 4 bad apples btw?

sharp
10-21-2010, 12:36 AM
the guys in my sig lolol

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-21-2010, 12:38 AM
sharp. i gave you some rep. lol

Lord Of Miami
10-21-2010, 12:45 AM
I did post that and that is how I feel.

Then say it here don't hide on twitter..............and you had about 50 people calling you out on that thread not just 4 so who are the four bad apples? I've had pm's all night with people asking me, why don't you just tell them lol

Here's the thread in case you forgot http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?281261-Dolphins-Cowboys-Chargers-THREESOME/page5

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Look here to find out http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?281261-Dolphins-Cowboys-Chargers-THREESOME/page5

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Look here to find out lol http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?281261-Dolphins-Cowboys-Chargers-THREESOME/page5

JCane
10-21-2010, 12:45 AM
This thread is now in the Depths because of idiots and four bad apples.

MadDog 88
10-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Wow did this explode over night. Rob, if you don't understand why people are pissed I don't know what to tell you. Can't speak for CK either but if it was me, I'd be pissed that you took the time to ask me if I would mind, then go ahead and do it anyway. Need to calm that sense of urgency down a bit. This is not a popularity contest this is a forum to post your opinions and read info.

CK, all is forgiven. We thought you lost your mind but are relieved to see that reality has not escaped you. :lol: But I do disagree with your belief that he is better in run protection then pass. Yes he is a **** stain but IMO is stronger in pass. They have had problems with the interior line and hopefully the return of Jerry resolves at least some of them.

Can we put this thread to rest?

Flip Tanneflop
10-21-2010, 12:54 AM
I didnt see anything about bad apples in that link.

Flip Tanneflop
10-21-2010, 01:06 AM
Looks like the talent has been taken to South Beach.

Btw, the depths should be renamed South Beach.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-21-2010, 01:07 AM
i have nectarines at home right now, and they arent bad at all.

Lord Of Miami
10-21-2010, 01:07 AM
I didnt see anything about bad apples in that link.

If you made "fun" of him in anyway in that thread it's safe to say you were one of the people he was talking about.Because His twitter talk was about that thread.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-21-2010, 01:11 AM
i recall that other thread. that was awesome. is that the one where he told Schefter on Twitter he had "inside info" and asked him to get back immediately?

Lord Of Miami
10-21-2010, 01:16 AM
i recall that other thread. that was awesome. is that the one where he told Schefter on Twitter he had "inside info" and asked him to get back immediately?

LOL yes

Flip Tanneflop
10-21-2010, 01:21 AM

:lol: Thats the one. I forgot about that line in there. :sidelol:

Flip Tanneflop
10-21-2010, 01:24 AM
:rotfl1:

JCane
10-21-2010, 01:30 AM
:bobdole:

Flip Tanneflop
10-21-2010, 02:17 AM

tylerdolphin
10-21-2010, 02:20 AM
FH is as bad as a soap opera sometimes

Possum
10-21-2010, 02:38 AM
FH is as bad as a soap opera sometimes

But thats what makes this place so much fun.

Wildbill3
10-21-2010, 07:13 AM
We should never draft or trade for anyone with a first name of Pat, thats what i'm getting from this thread.

Flip Tanneflop
10-21-2010, 12:49 PM

:rotfl1:

Flip Tanneflop
10-21-2010, 06:50 PM

X-Pacolypse
10-21-2010, 07:04 PM

You will get no such thing until you remove Ginn from your avatar.

X-Pacolypse
10-21-2010, 07:17 PM
the guys in my sig lolol

I'm your role model, sharp. You need my guidance and wisdom.

flynryan15
10-22-2010, 02:18 AM
Pure ****ing gold!