PDA

View Full Version : Rating the NFL's Most Overrated. A certain AFCE QB atop the list.

Joneildu
10-20-2010, 08:29 PM
x-posted from a TGG thread.

As voted on by NFL players

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7254968.html

Of the 239 players surveyed by the magazine, 14 percent ranked Owens first while Romo tallied 7 percent of the vote. New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez and Washington defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth each garnered 5 percent.

KlausC
10-20-2010, 09:51 PM
And he's the starting QB for the team with the best record in the NFL so far and that scores the 3rd best points per game. I'll take it.

miket1084
10-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Eli Manning is also on that list, and correct me if I'm wrong, but was he not a Super Bowl MVP?

Non-story.

Jetsfan81
10-21-2010, 12:18 AM
This poll was taken in August. Meaning that the players felt that Sanchez, coming off a 20-interception season, was among the game's most overrated players. Wow.

HurriPhin
10-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Dirty is a pathetic excuse for an NFL QB.

KlausC
10-21-2010, 07:34 AM

bahah. I love it.

This is what you guys have resorted to. After all the negative predictions and straight out declarations you made about the jets failed to come true, you resort to fluff articles about who is over rated to try and shoot down the Jets.

Best record in the NFL 1/3 of the way through.

JCane
10-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Man. Some people really look for anything to justify their hate for the Jets starting QB.

"Jets starting QB." It doesn't matter if his name is Peyton Manning or Mark Sanchez. The "Jets starting QB" is going to be overrated and pathetic.

If Sanchez were out in Denver we'd never hear about him on FinHeaven. You guys just let it go and admit that Sanchez is a pretty good QB so far.

jetsknicks1
10-21-2010, 09:48 AM

Ummmm, didn't he throw 3 TDs against you guys with a QB rating of 120?

jfaulknercahill
10-21-2010, 10:36 AM
this is more of a "who do you hate more" poll. or "does he play in new york, or gets alot of media attention? oh he does? ok i pick that guy"

lf911sc
10-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Its also a "he's written up by the damn NY press" and we hate that elitist group backlash.
Remember this, he got 5% of the vote of 239 respondents. So 12 or so people voted for him?

Ouch.

HurriPhin
10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
You guys just let it go and admit that Sanchez is a pretty good QB so far.

:refuse:

Cytheria
10-23-2010, 08:33 PM
This only tells me there is an anti NY bias. The two NYC QBs are on the list, one of which was a Superbowl MVP 2 years ago.

truthbtold
10-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Ummmm, didn't he throw 3 TDs against you guys with a QB rating of 120?

Don't stop there ... He's played against them 3 times and he torched their defense in every game. Just take a look at the numbers. His QB rating against the Dolphins is WELL OVER 100 ...
In fact, He's never thrown an INT against them, and I think he has 9 TD's ...
But these clowns never let the facts get in the way.

When they come to our house later this year I'm sure he'll continue to make these guys sound stupid.

JETSJETSJETS
10-26-2010, 02:05 PM
x-posted from a TGG thread.

As voted on by NFL players

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7254968.html

Lets take a look at that list. Owens is the most overrated player, yet he is the fourth leading WR in the NFL at nearly 37 years of age.

Romo is second, yet most of his picks are usually tipped passes.

Sanchez is third, yet he is leading the best team in the NFL with the best record and a five game win streak, something Dolphin fans haven't seen in a long long time.

Haynesworth is fourth. He is extremely talented, just not motivated enough. Yes, he is overrated.

Sheli Manning is 5th, yets he has as many rings as his 4 time MVP brother Peyton Manning.

So much for that terrible list.