PDA

View Full Version : What was with all the Philly fans?

phinfan27
12-16-2003, 01:52 AM
Same ol **** every year. And what was with all the Philly fans? My home stereo system shook every time Duce ran the god damn ball.

KYPhinFan
12-16-2003, 01:54 AM
Yeah that was ridiculous. I thought we were playing Philadelphia tonight. The lack of support for this Dolphins team is well deserved. Wayne needs to realize what this franchise had turned into before it's WAY too late.

Here's to 8-8!

dolfinfan305
12-16-2003, 01:55 AM
Yeah everytime Deuce Staley ran the ball you could hear them...its ashame when opposing fans sound louder than us.

phinfan27
12-16-2003, 01:59 AM
I mean, on penalities against Miami, the stadium would erupt and cheer....

54zach54
12-16-2003, 02:02 AM
I agree. End of the 3rd quarter. 2/3 of the (supposed) Dolphin fans were out of the stadium. It's pretty sad how Miami does not support their team. I have been slammed almost every time for saying that, but if I lived there belive me, I would not miss a second of the game even if we were losing. It's time for Miami fans to step up and support!!! I am tired of seeing more opposing fans and empty seats nearly every time they move the camera off the field!

CoastalBird
12-16-2003, 02:06 AM
Were they damn yankees or snow birds, probaly a little of both.

phinfan27
12-16-2003, 02:08 AM
The Jets fans are going to dominate our crowd in two weeks.

Muck
12-16-2003, 02:09 AM
"Duuuce" sounds alot like "Boooo". And boos are a lot louder than cheers. The lower tone carries better. But there were a lot of Eagles fans in attendance. And that doesn't mean that the Phin fans didn't show up. It just means that Philly fans snapped up tickets. This game has been sold out for a long time.

sammyeaglesfan
12-16-2003, 02:12 AM
A big group of Eagles fans was going to this game they talked about it for weeks on the EMB. We thought 10,000 strong but AL said there was a reported 20,000 fans there!

Muck
12-16-2003, 02:13 AM
I heard it was 12K.

KYPhinFan
12-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Whatever the number, they were louder than the Phin fans.

dolphinfn3454
12-16-2003, 02:21 AM
I can't believe how many fans left the game so early. It wasn't over yet. I would give anything to go to a Dolphins game in Miami, but living in California makes it tough. GO DOLPHINS!

sammyeaglesfan
12-16-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by dolphinfn3454
I can't believe how many fans left the game so early. It wasn't over yet. I would give anything to go to a Dolphins game in Miami, but living in California makes it tough. GO DOLPHINS!

you live near me so does dolfan06...

I am in Redlands CA

54zach54
12-16-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by dolphinfn3454

:hail: thank you dolphinfn2454 :hail:

Dolfan02
12-16-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by KYPhinFan
Whatever the number, they were louder than the Phin fans.

Hey you know what...

Its the 2000's, not the 1970s, and EVERY teams' fans are traveling nowadays to away games, and a lot of them. Did you catch the Thanksgiving day game at Dallas? Did you see all the Fin fans? Yea about 15,000 IMO. And they seemed louder than the cowboy fans. Is Dallas getting all pissed? No. They still have a great fan base. Is San Diego all pissed because EVERY FREAKIN WEEK away fans are louder than charger fans? No. How bout all the Cowboy fans that were in DC yesterday, it was nuts! Is Washington's fan base going down? NO.

I think you're over-reacting. It would be wise to make a broader observation on the whole NFL rather than picking at one example.

54zach54
12-16-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan02

Hey you know what...

Its the 2000's, not the 1970s, and EVERY teams' fans are traveling nowadays to away games, and a lot of them. Did you catch the Thanksgiving day game at Dallas? Did you see all the Fin fans? Yea about 15,000 IMO. And they seemed louder than the cowboy fans. Is Dallas getting all pissed? No. They still have a great fan base. Is San Diego all pissed because EVERY FREAKIN WEEK away fans are louder than charger fans? No. How bout all the Cowboy fans that were in DC yesterday, it was nuts! Is Washington's fan base going down? NO.

I think you're over-reacting. It would be wise to make a broader observation on the whole NFL rather than picking at one example.

There is still no excuse why most Dolphin fans leave at the end of the 3rd quarter... :tsk:

Stranger
12-16-2003, 02:38 AM
I could not imagine a Pats game at Gillette Stadium where the home fans were so pathetic. Even last year when we struggled a bit, the fans came out and packed the stadium.

It seemed like Pro Player had 30% Eagles fans and a great number of Dolphins fans that were there left early in the fourth quarter (all you could see were ugly orange seats). With the nice weather in Miami what is the excuse for that pathetic a showing. It seems whenever I watch a Fins game the stadium is not near capacity and/or there are a ton of opposing fans there. Michaels and Madden were killing you guys on that tonight - and deservedly so! So lame...

Dolfan02
12-16-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by 54zach54

There is still no excuse why most Dolphin fans leave at the end of the 3rd quarter... :tsk:

Oh please! most left at end of 3rd quarter? Lets not get carried away. SOME left at that period, which happens at EVERY MONDAY NIGHT GAME because on the east coast its 12:00am when the 4th quarter started. Some people got to get up very early to go to work the next day.

Most people left when Philly scored the last field goal to go up 34-24 with 2:52 to go in the 4th quarter. And thats being honest.

CoastalBird
12-16-2003, 02:48 AM

Hey you know what...

I think you're over-reacting. It would be wise to make a broader observation on the whole NFL rather than picking at one example. If the tickets are there to snatch up the other teams' fans will get them. I thought the phins had super bowl aspirations in the beginning of the year and these tickets should not have been available. No way that many get to the Linc. I know, somebody will say who would want to go to Philly, but even the Giants don't show up with that many fans. Huzienga to has to reevaluate the commitment of the fans. Just like the Marlins, they only show when they are winning.

Miafan
12-16-2003, 02:49 AM
I was there, it was ridiculous. There were Eagle fans EVERYWHERE. Plenty of fights too.

54zach54
12-16-2003, 02:50 AM

Oh please! most left at end of 3rd quarter? Lets not get carried away. SOME left at that period, which happens at EVERY MONDAY NIGHT GAME because on the east coast its 12:00am when the 4th quarter started. Some people got to get up very early to go to work the next day.

Most people left when Philly scored the last field goal to go up 34-24 with 2:52 to go in the 4th quarter. And thats being honest.

R U kidding me???? Unless every dolphin fan decided to dress up like an empty orange folding stadium chair this year, I guess I am wrong... It' not just Monday night games either....

54zach54
12-16-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Miafan
I was there, it was ridiculous. There were Eagle fans EVERYWHERE. Plenty of fights too.
LORD What I would have given to knock a punk a$$ eagle fan out tonight....

Miafan
12-16-2003, 02:59 AM
LORD What I would have given to knock a punk a$$ eagle fan out tonight....

hehe, dont worry, plenty of fin fans did. it just makes me angry that philly fans could actually purchase that many tickets. this would never happen in Green Bay or the majority of other NFL stadiums. there were these huge sections with hundreds of philly fans, and like 2 or 3 scattered Fin fans in between.

54zach54
12-16-2003, 03:06 AM
I agree, I am more than happy to have the opposing teams fans come up to see their tream be whooped my the dolphins anytime, but they should NEVER EVER out number our fans that's just wrong :(

CoastalBird
12-16-2003, 03:10 AM
I agree, I am more than happy to have the opposing teams fans come up to see their tream be whooped my the dolphins anytime, but they should NEVER EVER out number our fans that's just wrong :( Maybe you need to get on a plane once in awhile and go to a game. Practice what you preach.

Disgustipate
12-16-2003, 03:11 AM
There was alot of Philly fans there. But it wasnt overwhelming. There was literally a dozen buses outside of Pro Player from Philly fans, though. Got to hand it to them, they're dedicated. We dont have dedicated fans, and the average guy going to Pro Player doesnt know his *** from his elbow.

Stranger - Way to turn this into a dicussion about the Patriots, moron. How come you guys brag about such a huge fan base, yet you've got one of the smallest stadiums of any big market?

54zach54
12-16-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by CoastalBird
Maybe you need to get on a plane once in awhile and go to a game. Practice what you preach.
Hey costalBird you dumb cluck... I have flown out to 3 games this year so don't fu$king preach to me!! I live 1,800 miles away from Miami, and people who live 8 miles away do not go to as many games as I have!

Amin
12-16-2003, 03:23 AM
just got home from the game... you know, i dont REALLY mind when the stadium is packed with jets or pat fans, im used to it and its a divisional, somewhat friendly rivalry.

but those eagles fans were pissin me the f*ck off.

CoastalBird
12-16-2003, 03:27 AM

Hey costalBird you dumb cluck... I have flown out to 3 games this year so don't fu$king preach to me!! I live 1,800 miles away from Miami, and people who live 8 miles away do not go to as many games as I have! Good for you, I hope they won them 3 because you don't take losing very good and the airlines don't like air rage.

54zach54
12-16-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Amin
just got home from the game... you know, i dont REALLY mind when the stadium is packed with jets or pat fans, im used to it and its a divisional, somewhat friendly rivalry.

but those eagles fans were pissin me the f*ck off.
Amin, unfortunately I did not get to go to the game, but the Eagle fans have been pissing me off too!!!!!!!!:fire:

CoastalBird
12-16-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Amin

but those eagles fans were pissin me the f*ck off. What made you more Po'ed. The E*A*G*L*E*S or the Fly Eagles Fly every time we scored a Touchdown.

Muck
12-16-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by CoastalBird
Good for you, I hope they won them 3 because you don't take losing very good and the airlines don't like air rage.

:lol:

Amin
12-16-2003, 03:35 AM

Amin, unfortunately I did not get to go to the game, but the Eagle fans have been pissing me off too!!!!!!!!:fire:

well, if you wouldve heard the crap they were talking in our stands, youd be ready to f*ck somethin up too.

its time i go sleep this off, hopefully i wont be so upset in the morning.

Miafan
12-16-2003, 03:49 AM
I always sit in 430, and there were a few around me. The Sun Sentinal Section was completely taken over by Eagles Fans.

sammyeaglesfan
12-16-2003, 04:08 AM
Sounded like a Eagles home game there.
:)

Mr.Murder
12-16-2003, 04:35 AM
It was really an impressive showing by their fans. Union towns back theirs! VOTE UNION! By the way, RUSH IS WRONG!:patriot:

sammyeaglesfan
12-16-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Not exactly. 75% of them got busted in their s*** before the end of the 4th quarter. :tongue:

Nah but seriously, that's true.

You guys know you feared us and don't tell me this bull crap how you beat a Eagles fan, don't lie.... You avoided us you coward

Crennelichick
12-16-2003, 08:13 AM

I think it's pretty typical of fans jumping ship this time of yr. due to the belief that the season is over. I personally don't understand that sentiment, but then again, I'm not a fair weather fan. I'm the guy that yells at all the lemming followers of my team as they file out of the stadium half way through the 4th just to get an advantage getting out of the lot!

That rant said,, I think a lot of tickets become available for a game like this as the home team fans turn them into the box office for resale. That's how a lot of opposing fans pick them up in such large #'s. Some stadiums are easier or more attractive than others, and hey, honestly watching my team beat the finz while enjoying the south FLA weather can't be a better way to spend an extended weekend in Dec.

You guys played harder and better than I expected, all in all a good game, better luck to you in the future. Remeber this yr. has no more to do with next yr. than 1972 does! Get the hint??:cool:

Crennelichick
12-16-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Disgustipate

Stranger - Way to turn this into a dicussion about the Patriots, moron. How come you guys brag about such a huge fan base, yet you've got one of the smallest stadiums of any big market?

68000 seats in Gillette you fool. Why are you getting off topic and starting to lean toward smack?:goof:

Section126
12-16-2003, 08:40 AM
We have a 74,000 seat stadium, we have 64,000 season ticket holders.

Of the 64,000 sth's, around 5,000 are owned by ticket brokers.

The rest are available to the public.

This game sold out on August the 2nd. The Patriots game (most desirable ticket of the year), sold out on August 12.

It is obvious that every goddamn tour company in philly bought them up the day that they became available on the 2nd of August.

nyrican
12-16-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by phinfan34
The Jets fans are going to dominate our crowd in two weeks.

you got that right J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stranger
12-16-2003, 11:23 AM
There was alot of Philly fans there. But it wasnt overwhelming. There was literally a dozen buses outside of Pro Player from Philly fans, though. Got to hand it to them, they're dedicated. We dont have dedicated fans, and the average guy going to Pro Player doesnt know his *** from his elbow.

Actually, Gillette Stadium holds close to 70,000, if you had done some simple research you would have seen that that is rather consistent with many of the newer luxury stadiums being built over the past 3-5 years. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6649600

The bottom line is that New England sells out every game, and has been doing so consistently for the past ten years. There is a HUGE waiting list for season tickets, however, you guys, despite fielding a competitive team on paper year after year and playing in nice weather still can't pack you stadium for a MONDAY NIGHT game. Also out television ratings for Pats games in the Greater Boston area among the top three in the league. Who has the no passion fair-weather excuse making fans now MORON?

dolfinfan305
12-16-2003, 12:41 PM
What happend is that Miami is on e of the top tourist destinations in the US especially during this time for snowbirds. Hell, these people were going to take a vacation anyways so they made sure it coincided with this date. Thanks Philly fans for coming out to Miami and spending money...thanks for helping pay for the new Marlins stadium!

wileydawg
12-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by dolfinfan305
What happend is that Miami is on e of the top tourist destinations in the US especially during this time for snowbirds. Hell, these people were going to take a vacation anyways so they made sure it coincided with this date. Thanks Philly fans for coming out to Miami and spending money...thanks for helping pay for the new Marlins stadium!

It was ashamed to cut your season short and your team missing out on that playoff revenue

thorny
12-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by wileydawg

It was ashamed to cut your season short and your team missing out on that playoff revenue

You crack me up wiley!!!

:lol: :lol:

Coral Reefer
12-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Miafan

Did anyone else notice the Eagle fans throwing full bottles of beer down onto Dolphin fans?

It was unreal. I've always heard that Eagle fans were in fact the worst in the NFL. I never believed it. I am an admitted Jet fan hater. Jet fans are the rudest people on the planet IMO, however, I've never seen them throwing bottles on large groups.

Eagles fans.... at least the GROUPS that came to the game (not individuals.. entire groups) were the biggest A$$holes I've ever seen.

There were many fights, especially in section 435 right next to mine. There was a huge group up there and bottles of beer were consistently being thrown into the crowd below the whole game.

A$$es.

wileydawg
12-16-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Trekbiz

Did anyone else notice the Eagle fans throwing full bottles of beer down onto Dolphin fans?

It was unreal. I've always heard that Eagle fans were in fact the worst in the NFL. I never believed it. I am an admitted Jet fan hater. Jet fans are the rudest people on the planet IMO, however, I've never seen them throwing bottles on large groups.

Eagles fans.... at least the GROUPS that came to the game (not individuals.. entire groups) were the biggest A$$holes I've ever seen.

There were many fights, especially in section 435 right next to mine. There was a huge group up there and bottles of beer were consistently being thrown into the crowd below the whole game.

A$$es.

Non-sense I went through every South Fl. paper looking for some references to the allegd offenses.

I found nothing even remotely close to what you folks are refering to, like what was printed up for the Pats game...

SkapePhin
12-16-2003, 01:44 PM
wiley... we were there.. we saw it... :|

Coral Reefer
12-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by wileydawg

Non-sense I went through every South Fl. paper looking for some references to the allegd offenses.

I found nothing even remotely close to what you folks are refering to, like what was printed up for the Pats game...

I was there pal!

I saw it all. It happened and it was hard not to react to it. Many fans were holding back. Fans were talking about grouping together and going up there on our own because the cops could'nt control these bafoons. Normally, even if it's a Dolphin fan, if one does something like throw a bottle everyone will point him out to get him thrown out. Fellow Dolphin fan or not.

The Eagles fans denied everything as a group. Once the cops left bottles would start being launched again.

Your fans were A$$es!

phinfan27
12-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Had we ever had a LEAD or won the game, the Eagles fans would have been washed away.

wileydawg
12-16-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Trekbiz

I was there pal!

I saw it all. It happened and it was hard not to react to it. Many fans were holding back. Fans were talking about grouping together and going up there on our own because the cops could'nt control these bafoons. Normally, even if it's a Dolphin fan, if one does something like throw a bottle everyone will point him out to get him thrown out. Fellow Dolphin fan or not.

The Eagles fans denied everything as a group. Once the cops left bottles would start being launched again.

Your fans were A$$es!

If you all say so, then let me take this opportunity to say most Philly fans don't share that kind of hostility towards others because most are football fans first.

My sincerest apology --- Pal

sammyeaglesfan
12-16-2003, 03:55 PM
A Eagles fan wasting a good beer ?, this has to be a lie..

Section126
12-16-2003, 04:06 PM
There was some real a-holes there.......the cops were busier than I have ever seen it..........at least 4 arrests in my section (126), about 2 fist fights.

It was horrible but it did not compare to the worst experiences that I have seen in that stadium.......

It seems some dolphin fans in this forum forgot the infamous Bills/Fins, and Jets/Fins stadium wars of the 90's.

Miafan
12-16-2003, 04:24 PM
actually, what was funny was with like 2 mins left in the 4th, all the fights broke out. You'd see fin fans and eagle fans hurling beer bottles at each other from 20 seats away, like a bunch of kids playing dodge ball or something.

nyrican
12-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Man that's crazy I have been to every Jet and Fins game here in South FLorida since I left NY in 1994

I have seen some crazy fights during those games, but sounds like last night was a mad house just imagine if the Eagles had LOST !!!!

you see Fins Fans, and you said Jets and Bills were bad
:(

when I go to the games I enjoy myself I don't say a word because I dont' want to,

1. get kicked out of the game
2. go to jail
3. get into a fight

I'm to old for that kind of act... but like I stated I have seen some really crazy fights. here and at the Meadowlands ...

See you on the 28th...

phinfan27
12-16-2003, 07:00 PM
There will be some fights for the Jets game in 2 weeks for sure.

Great_One
12-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Section126
There was some real a-holes there.......the cops were busier than I have ever seen it..........at least 4 arrests in my section (126), about 2 fist fights.

It was horrible but it did not compare to the worst experiences that I have seen in that stadium.......

It seems some dolphin fans in this forum forgot the infamous Bills/Fins, and Jets/Fins stadium wars of the 90's.

I went down to the game along with making out a vacation to Miami and I sat in section 125. I witnessed those fights and two things came to my mind. First, if there were an expected 25,000 Eagles fans coming to the game, where were the security guards and why couldn't they bring in more security guards/police than usual? The second thing is to those Eagle fans who went to the game. Why would you want to act stupid and create a disturbance in another team's stadium when you are the enemy? In our section alone, I had a great time with both Eagles and Dolphins fans Monday night. We had our fun and the same can be said for Dolphin fans throughout the game. I do believe all of these stories that happened during the game from everybody that was at the game. It amazes me as to why this stuff can happen, although it shouldn't surprise me at all. I'm all for having fun amongst ourselves as long as we don't bother anybody, but the fights, throwing beer bottles, etc. really disappoints me as an Eagle fan. I thought we could do better than that.

phinfan27
12-16-2003, 08:43 PM
It was ridiculous. Had Miami won, there would have been even worse fights.

Bling
12-16-2003, 08:47 PM
We're a fanbase full of Fairweather fans.

phinfan27
12-16-2003, 09:21 PM
How can 1/3 of the stadium be full of Philly fans when it isn't even their most important game, and it is basically our season, at home, on MNF? WTF?

HolliFinFan
12-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by phinfan34
How can 1/3 of the stadium be full of Philly fans when it isn't even their most important game, and it is basically our season, at home, on MNF? WTF?

The Eagles fans, who traveled from PA, I talked to at the game made their plans to attend the game in the summer or early fall.

phinfan27
12-16-2003, 11:57 PM
All 25,000 of them? YA RIGHT

Justasportsfan
12-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Great_One

I went down to the game along with making out a vacation to Miami and I sat in section 125. I witnessed those fights and two things came to my mind. First, if there were an expected 25,000 Eagles fans coming to the game, where were the security guards and why couldn't they bring in more security guards/police than usual? The second thing is to those Eagle fans who went to the game. Why would you want to act stupid and create a disturbance in another team's stadium when you are the enemy? In our section alone, I had a great time with both Eagles and Dolphins fans Monday night. We had our fun and the same can be said for Dolphin fans throughout the game. I do believe all of these stories that happened during the game from everybody that was at the game. It amazes me as to why this stuff can happen, although it shouldn't surprise me at all. I'm all for having fun amongst ourselves as long as we don't bother anybody, but the fights, throwing beer bottles, etc. really disappoints me as an Eagle fan. I thought we could do better than that.

Heard it used to be like that @ Buffalo back then. Ralph Wilson cleaned it up. Hardly saw any fight in the Pats , Jets ,eagles game. I mean Cmon, thes the Jets? The highlight of the evening against the Jets was a female taking her top off. :D You could tell security was pissed that they had to have her put her shirt back on. It was freakin cold and... nevermind.

CirclingWagons
12-17-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by justafan

Heard it used to be like that @ Buffalo back then. Ralph Wilson cleaned it up. Hardly saw any fight in the Pats , Jets ,eagles game. I mean Cmon, thes the Jets? The highlight of the evening against the Jets was a female taking her top off. :D You could tell security was pissed that they had to have her put her shirt back on. It was freakin cold and... nevermind.
true...we were in section 123, I had a decent view:D

WiGGy
12-17-2003, 08:00 AM

How do we have the smallest stadium genius?

2003 NFL stadium directory

NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE STADIUM DIRECTORY -- 2003
American Football Conference
Club Stadium Capacity Surface Opened
Baltimore Ravens M&T Bank Stadium 69,084 Momentum Turf 1997
Buffalo Bills Ralph Wilson Stadium 73,987 AstroTurf 1973
Cincinnati Bengals Paul Brown Stadium 65,393 Grass 2000
Cleveland Browns Cleveland Browns Stadium 73,300 Grass 1999
Denver Broncos Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium 76,125 Grass (PAT) 2001
Houston Texans Reliant Stadium 69,500 Grass 2002
Indianapolis Colts RCA Dome 56,127 AstroTurf 1983
Jacksonville Jaguars ALLTEL Stadium 73,000 Grass 1995
Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium 79,451 Grass 1972
Miami Dolphins Pro Player Stadium 75,192 Grass (PAT) 1987
New England Patriots Gillette Stadium 68,000 Grass 2002
New York Jets Giants Stadium 79,649 Grass 1976
Oakland Raiders Network Associates Coliseum 63,132 Grass 1966
Pittsburgh Steelers Heinz Field 64,450 Grass 2001
San Diego Chargers Qualcomm Stadium 70,000 Grass 1967
Tennessee Titans Coliseum 68,804 Grass 1999
National Football Conference
Arizona Cardinals Sun Devil Stadium 73,014 Grass 1958
Atlanta Falcons Georgia Dome 71,228 Artificial Turf 1992
Carolina Panthers Ericsson Stadium 73,250 Grass 1996
Chicago Bears New Soldier Field 61,500 Grass 2003
Dallas Cowboys Texas Stadium 65,639 Sportfield Turf 1971
Detroit Lions Ford Field 65,000 FieldTurf 2002
Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field 72,515 Grass 1957
Minnesota Vikings Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 64,121 AstroTurf 1982
New Orleans Saints Louisiana Superdome 68,390 AstroTurf 1975
New York Giants Giants Stadium 79,649 FieldTurf 1976
Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln Financial Field 68,532 Grass 2003
St. Louis Rams Edward Jones Dome 66,000 AstroTurf 1995
San Francisco 49ers 3Com Park 69,734 Grass 1958
Seattle Seahawks Seahawks Stadium 67,000 FieldTurf 2002
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium 65,657 Grass 1998
Washington Redskins FedEx Field 86,484 Grass 1997

phinfan27
12-17-2003, 03:03 PM
We have a decent size stadium, just the sides aren't close enough to make a big effect on noise. We let the ****ty Marlins play there, which makes it a non-football field pretty much.

Center
12-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Yeah, they're so bad they won the World Series...

But that being said, a baseball only stadium for the Marlins would be good, as would having Pro Player (amazed that it still has the name) football-only.

My only request is no artificial turf, and no domes.

SmokeyPhinz
12-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Alright, I live in Northern Virginia. I would like Miami to support the Dolphins, but if they dont, then okay. I don't really care. How can Pats/Eagles/Jets fans come in here and talk crap to us for it? Half of us on this board probably do not live in Florida, and even if we did, we have no control over what other "fans" do regarding attending games. So Philly has a strong fan base, good for them. And as for it being a nice night in Miami and some guys wondering where people might have went to instead of the game, well lets see. Clubs, beaches, parties, bars, movies, etc. You get the picture. As for these "dedicated" fans in New England, Green Bay, and other "dedicated" places, I only have one question for those guys. What else is there to do in GB and NE aside from plowing snow and football? No wonder the "dedicated" crowd shows up all the time.

phinfan27
12-17-2003, 09:58 PM
The Marlins lost us that NE game. I hate them.

WeOwndPPStadium
04-19-2004, 09:19 AM
this needs a bump

LIQUID24
04-19-2004, 09:28 AM
why the hell would you bump this?

WeOwndPPStadium
04-19-2004, 09:31 AM
b/c i just joined this message board and went in search of a thread like that one.