PDA

View Full Version : Arod to boston in 24-72 hours

Chambers34Phins
12-16-2003, 10:13 AM
A deal is expected to be reached in that time now. As Tejada signed with the orioles and got a 75 million dollar contract, nomar wants 15 million a year now, so it looks like the sox have given up on nomar and have almost got a deal for arod as it picked up a lot of momentum this weekend.

SMadison29
12-18-2003, 02:56 AM
Nomar deserves to be paid more than Tejada. The top shortstops are ARod, Nomar, Tejada, Jeter, & Renteria in that order.

baccarat
12-18-2003, 08:00 PM
isn't nomar stuck in boston for two more years unless he gets traded? If so, is Boston moving him to third?

t2thejz
12-19-2003, 07:44 PM
No trade is happening anymore.

Chambers34Phins
12-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Nomar is there for one more year. And the deal is likely dead, but there is still a chance.

The rangers really want to work something about now, but now the bosox don't want to talk. So I figure the rangers will lessen their demands.

Nomar does deserve to get paid more then tejada, but tejada shouldn't have been signed for that much, so I don't believe in giving nomar more then that. Nomar is a nice guy, but he has some bad qualities, like always swinging at the first pitch and popping out.

SMadison29
12-21-2003, 01:33 AM
The players' association should have just minded it's business & let ARod restructure his deal to cut out some of the money. I really hate the politics of MLB, everyone has to be an a$$hole about it. If it weren't for the Cubs I wouldn't give two s***s about baseball.

Boulware 58
12-22-2003, 08:48 PM
They would move Nomar to 2nd base if they couldn't move him. Even though A-Rod is better, losing Nomar is bad pyschologically.

Chambers34Phins
12-22-2003, 10:13 PM
It wouldn't be horrible to lose nomar if it worked out the way we wanted it. If we got arod for manny (still a chance but slim) B/c the rangers moved like 13 mill of his contract.

A verbal agreement was made nomar for magglio ordonez, however each passing day is going ot make that agreement weaken.