PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate All-Nighter: Man Tries to Stay Awake 40 Days

X-Pacolypse
10-25-2010, 01:33 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/the-ultimate-all-nighter-tyler-shields-tries-to-stay-awake-for-40-days/19685154

Plenty of young artists put work before sleep -- none more than Tyler Shields (http://www.tylershields.com/).

In an attempt to break the world record for going the most nights without sleep, the 28-year-old Los Angeles photographer claims he's stayed awake for the past 38 days and won't allow himself a wink of shut-eye until he's reached 40 days.

It's such a dangerous stunt that Guinness World Records wants no part in it. Shields has therefore enlisted friends to act as monitors and vouch for him when disbelievers inevitably dismiss him as a fool and a liar.

Nevertheless, by midnight Sunday, he'll end this marathon of sleep deprivation.

How long have some have you gone without sleep?

Bumpus
10-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Somebody tell this clown that he's done WAY too much meth.

1 dol fan
10-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Somebody tell this clown that he's done WAY too much meth.
Or that amphetamines are bad for your heart... and ****.

WeVie
10-27-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't think this is possible. You would die first right?

DOLBET
11-02-2010, 04:54 AM
I reached 86 hours when I was 19 years old. Thats about 3 and half days.... it was not fun. After 20 hours, I got so tired..... But I got so fresh and hyper when I reached 30's hours and it stay that way all way until 86th hour.

I use no aid. (No drugs, pills, or anything) For last 50 or so hours, I felt like I was high, have lot of energy. It was a weird feeling, it is hard to explain. At 70's hours, I started seeing black objects moving from corners of my vision like mouse or rats moving around. It was creepy and at 80's, I started to hallucinate things. I saw a lady walking to me and I was talking to her, trying to get a date... :D and then she disappears when I blinks, freaked me out. At around 85th hour, I couldn't tell if things I am seeing is real or not so I told myself...ENOUGH. I dived in bed and slept for 22 hours.

Never again!

NY8123
11-02-2010, 10:32 AM
There is no scientific explanation as to why animals need sleep. Technically sleep isn't needed from a pure mechanics standpoint but obviously science has a lot to learn.

About 36 hours is my record of which 12 were spent drinking lol.

DphinBillkiller
11-02-2010, 10:32 AM
I don't think I want the record bad enough to go through all of that! :err:

Ilovemyfins4eva
11-02-2010, 11:31 AM
wow,how can ones body stay functioning without rest for that long? i get tired the next morning if i a pull an all nighter