PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss Released???

ckparrothead
11-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Per Michael Lombardi, NFL Network.

I don't ask for much, but making an offer to him would be awful nice.

DefensiveEnd76
11-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Uh no..he's a cancer with a capital "C"

SRM
Sure would be nice having that killer speed threat.. my concern would be if he'd actually use it or not

mandal24
Please make him our #2 .. Hartline is not getting it done

hooshoops
11-01-2010, 03:01 PM
he's washed up...can't get separation anymore...either that or he's not trying...can never tell with him

bpackers13
11-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Please make him our #2 .. Hartline is not getting it done

This........ and wouldnt even have to give up any pics

Hayden Fox
11-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Why not? Half a season.

tylerdolphin
Im on the fence here. On one hand we need another legitimate threat badly, but on the other hand Moss is a cancer. I can understand whatever the FO decides to do here.

vafins
what if he just went back to the pats..

MadDog 88
If you could get him to play to the level he is capable of, he would be a great signing. He is the deep threat they need lined up wide. It opens up the entire field.

1 dol fan
Is this **** for real?

1Dolfan
his presence alone would open up the field alot for EVERYONE

FinAtic8480
11-01-2010, 03:03 PM
he's washed up...can't get separation anymore...either that or he's not trying...can never tell with him

Yesterday he gave up on the pass interference play, he could have caught that ball but settled for the PI instead. Pissed me off and he is not even on my team.

nosleep
Jets will probably pick him up

bflat
Gotta give this a go, Marshall and Moss on the outside with Bess in the slot would be deadly

Yessir
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? NO FRIGGIN BRAINER. Jeff Ireland needs to be on the phone NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Chubby
11-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Ok so if this is the begining of a fire sale in Minny, can we have 1st dibbs on Peterson and Harvin?

Tunaphish429
I dont think there is anyway we sign this guy.

Dominate

I'd sure take him for the rest of this season.

bpackers13
If signed....... say goodbye to the double and triple coverage on Marshall. uh oh!!!!!!

Tunaphish429
Ok so if this is the begining of a fire sale in Minny, can we have 1st dibbs on Peterson and Harvin?

This had to because of his presser last night after the game..nothing more..

hooshoops
11-01-2010, 03:06 PM
the only way he gets separation right now is with that patented hand on hip as the ball arrives push off of his...imo he's become a decoy...

and he'd kill a lockerroom worried about a contract...

and i always have to question if he's really trying of late

Chubby
Come on man, why kill me dreams? Why? :)

DAFINZ

CK, i've always enjoyed your insight on various Dolphin issues, but I think you jumped the gun on this and should reconsider. While I do think Moss is still a great weapon, he is too much of a headache at this point. He got himself traded from the Pats and only a couple of weeks with Vikes acts like a clown after Vike's loss yesterday. I say please stay away from Moss and stick with Hartline.

MiaFins1
11-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Im on board with trying to sign him ....but who am i

sinPHIN
11-01-2010, 03:07 PM
plus he is free for the year. the viqueens have to pay his salary

Chubby
11-01-2010, 03:08 PM
CK, i've always enjoyed your insight on various Dolphin issues, but I think you jumped the gun on this and should reconsider. While I do think Moss is still a great weapon, he is too much of a headache at this point. He got himself traded from the Pats and only a couple of weeks with Vikes acts like a clown after Vike's loss yesterday. I say please stay away from Moss and stick with Hartline.
I agree, but if we do sign him I will be the first one jumping around like a 3yr old. I mean screw it, we already took a toe dip in that pool with Marshall, lets just clench our nose and jump in head first!!!!

Tunaphish429
11-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Come on man, why kill me dreams? Why? :)

Lol sorry chubbs..I would love Peterson in a phins uni..I just dont see that happening...

I think Moss is washed up as well..but i am willing to take a shot at him.

vafins
He got waived so does that mean he has to clear for us to get him? or no

Chubby
Hell wait till TO becomes available. we can line up, Marshall, Moss, T.O and put bess in the slot. 4 WR sets All Day Every Day! lol :)

FinAtic8480
If Jeff Ireland had the balls to pick up the phone & inquire about Mankins, you know he will put a claim for Moss

Bta72dolphins
11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Either we pick him up or jets will.

NJPhinFan21
11-01-2010, 03:11 PM
GET HIM!!! Henne will have a field day picking apart secondaries with these two. Let Henne show his full potential.

Kdawg954
Didn't we demote Hartline? Lets him develop and bring in Randy . . . I agree this is a no brainer. Even as a decoy, he relieves Marshall ALOT. Adds the speed we need on offense. We would be absolutely STUPID not to take a look.

JBinSD
I'm on board with CK. This is an uncapped year, and here is the thing with signing him.

You get a guy who gets to play in the AFC East against the Patriots. He will like that. He also comes here with no expectations, as far as a draft pick, no history to speak of (other than torching us from time to time). We can sign him to a one year deal for $7M or something, or two year with half guaranteed. I know you guys say that might be a lot, but you need to step up because someone will want him. He also won't be able to be a cancer here, because Tony won't put up with it. He is mostly used to that from his New England days.

SRM
Yesterday he gave up on the pass interference play, he could have caught that ball but settled for the PI instead. Pissed me off and he is not even on my team.

I was watching that too.. I don't think he gave up on it. By the time he was done recovering from the PI, the ball was 5 yards ahead of him no matter how much he ran. If you look closely you can see he tried to react to it at the last second but then saw it was way over his head.

Canadianfishfan
11-01-2010, 03:12 PM
WOW.. I would to have him.. even it's only for the remainder of the season. They probably cut him because he doesn't buy into the Brett Favre BS circus like all the young receivers do over there.

You go from Brady to an ancient Favre.. It's not even close. A serious downgrade. Moss probably spoke his mind and Childress turned into a child.

The Vikings are turning into a complete joke.

JBinSD
11-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Either we pick him up or jets will.

LoL -- I know right!

bpackers13
11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Report: Vikings waive Randy Moss

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 1, 2010 2:58 PM ET
Randy Moss' bizarre press conference (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/31/randy-moss-misses-new-england-criticizes-childress/) Sunday night wound up being his farewell to Minnesota.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports that the Vikings waived Moss (http://twitter.com/michaelombardi/statuses/29396962259) on Monday. At his Monday press conference, Vikings coach Brad Childress mentioned that he allowed Moss to stay back in Boston for a few days before re-joining the team. Looks like he can stay there.

We have no reason to believe the story is not true, but PFT can report via a league source that Moss is not yet aware that he's been released.

Moss would now be subject to leave waiver rules and could be claimed by any team. The Bills would have the first crack at him because they have the worst record.

Lombardi writes that Childress inform the Vikings in a team meeting (http://twitter.com/michaelombardi/statuses/29397495803) that Moss was out.

Perhaps there was more to the story of Moss not returning with the team on Sunday night. Maybe Moss' press conference frustrated Childress more than he let on and they say the direction his lack of cooperation with the team was going.

Either way, a Super Bowl hopeful just decided for the second time in a month that Moss was no longer worth all the trouble of keeping.

At least the Patriots got a third-round pick out of it.

vagrantprodigy
11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I really don't like Moss, but I'll admit, the thought of him in a phins uniform, even for just half the season, makes me smile.

Chubby
11-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Either we pick him up or jets will. or he ends up a Pat. I am just saying.

Phinatic8u
Ireland called for Mankins

He'll call about Moss..

Tunaphish429
Man I really wonder who signs this guy?

This is one of the biggest blunders i have ever seen in any sport..

You trade for a guy 3 weeks ago now you cut him?

This is epic

JBinSD
Yeah I first saw it on NFL.com like 15 minutes ago. **** I hope we put a nice offer on the table. We need to extra edge. You can't double team Moss and Marshall.

SRM
Well, there goes that. We'll have no shot at him with him going on waivers.

sinPHIN
He will be free for the year but a claim in jeff!!!!!!

3rdandinches
11-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Anyone else want to give the Pats draft picks for nothing???????

Flip Tanneflop
I just saw Moss was released and knew there would be a thread about it before I came on.

We shouldve picked up Danny Woodhead, a football player, and a WINNER. Thats why the Pats got him and its why they ditched Moss. Moss IS NOT a winner. He is a ****ing LOSER. He is a cancer, a crybaby, a POS, and cant be trusted. His skills arent near what they used to be in the first place. Sure, we could use a verticle threat, but not this one.

DAFINZ
WOW.. I would to have him.. even it's only for the remainder of the season. They probably cut him because he doesn't buy into the Brett Favre BS circus like all the young receivers do over there.

You go from Brady to an ancient Favre.. It's not even close. A serious downgrade. Moss probably spoke his mind and Childress turned into a child.

The Vikings are turning into a complete joke.
While I do think Childress is a terrible coach, Moss deserved to be waived/cut. Go back and read his comments from yesterday from the game. He really came across as an asinine fool. As tempting as this seems, I look at this as fool's gold.

JBinSD
Man I really wonder who signs this guy?

This is one of the biggest blunders i have ever seen in any sport..

You trade for a guy 3 weeks ago now you cut him?

This is epic

Yeah. They didn't even allow for Sidney Rice to hit the field at the same time as Randy. I think they had too much immediate expectation of him coming in immediately and winning games by himself right away. Childress is a joke, and is more done than even Wade Phillips.

Chubby
11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
How is he Waiver eligible?

Billk78
He got waived so does that mean he has to clear for us to get him? or no

He has to go through the waivers process which means that any team can claim him in order of worst record to best, so the Bill's have first shot and the Pats have last. I think we should put in a waiver claim just to block the Jets and Pats from being able to get him. I'm guessing he will end up with a team like the Raiders though.

FinAtic8480
He is on the waiver wire, so all Miami has to do is put a claim for him, if they want him. The problem with that is all the teams with a worse record than Miami will have first crack at him. Bills have the first shot at Randy Moss right now.

JBinSD
I just saw Moss was released and knew there would be a thread about it before I came on.

We shouldve picked up Danny Woodhead, a football player, and a WINNER. Thats why the Pats got him and its why they ditched Moss. Moss IS NOT a winner. He is a ****ing LOSER. He is a cancer, a crybaby, a POS, and cant be trusted. His skills arent near what they used to be in the first place. Sure, we could use a verticle threat, but not this one.

We all knew you would be here to say why we shouldn't do it. What is he going to do to our locker room? We have leaders in place at every position.

ckparrothead
11-01-2010, 03:17 PM
If he goes right back to New England I want to see a tampering investigation.

JBinSD
He is on the waiver wire, so all Miami has to do is put a claim for him, if they want him. The problem with that is all the teams with a worse record than Miami will have first crack at him. Bills have the first shot at Randy Moss right now.

He is a vested veteran -- I believe that he is free to take the highest bidder. I know I might be wrong.

NJPhinFan21

who pissed in your cheerios bro? This is a no-brainer for the Phins.

jree
11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Is there any question that Childress doesn't know how to build a team for the future? Not only did he bring in a half dead Favre, he traded away a 3rd round pick just so he could lose to the Jets, Pack, and Pats.

If we pick him up, I think this would be the first time in history that a player has played against one team 3 times during the regular season

Tunaphish429
11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
How is he Waiver eligible?

You only have to clear waivers if you have a certain amount of time unvested..

after that point your a free agent..

I believe Moss does not have to clear waivers he is free to sign with anyone.

Billk78
11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
He is a vested veteran -- I believe that he is free to take the highest bidder. I know I might be wrong.

According to rotoworld he is subject to the waivers process. But Im not 100 percent sure either:

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Vikings have waived Randy Moss.

If the report is correct, the Vikings have given up on Moss just four games after acquiring him for a third-round pick on October 5. After calling out the coaching staff in his Sunday night press conference, Moss refused to travel with his teammates back to Minnesota, instead staying in Boston with his family. He'll now be subject to the waivers process, with any team claiming him on the hook for his $6.4 million salary prorated over the rest of the season. The winless Bills have first dibs. Moss indicated Sunday that he'd like to return to New England, but the Patriots are last in the waiver order. We'll know by 4PM ET if he's been claimed.

Tunaphish429
11-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Is there any question that Childress doesn't know how to build a team for the future? Not only did he bring in a half dead Favre, he traded away a 3rd round pick just so he could lose to the Jets, Pack, and Pats.

If we pick him up, I think this would be the first time in history that a player has played against one team 3 times during the regular season

Not to mention if they just kept him til the end of the year they would have likley gotten conditonal picks for him the following year anyway..
Now they will get nothing.

Flip Tanneflop

Its that on top of his lack of production. But, yes, that presser was horrible. WTF was he thinking. Throwing his entire current team under the bus, while fluffing the Patriots after they beat his team.

Akronfinfan36
Yep...confirmed. Damn, it is definitely an intriguing prospect to see him lined up on the other side of Marshall

MadDog 88
11-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Moss washed up? Tell that to Derrell Revis.

sinPHIN
i think we should take a chance. if it doesnt work out cut him. he is free

hooshoops
bill beli is still afraid of him...he had safety help over the top of moss yesterday pretty much every play...i think he can make plays vs one on one but i don't think he's quite the same vertical threat many here may be thinking...

he'd take some coverage from others for us though...but again he'd kill the lockerroom imo

Tunaphish429
11-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Its that on top of his lack of production. But, yes, that presser was horrible. WTF was he thinking. Throwing his entire current team under the bus, while fluffing the Patriots after they beat his team.

Yea it was classic..

Man...

I dont know if i want him.

Chubby
11-01-2010, 03:22 PM
If he goes right back to New England I want to see a tampering investigation.
The bigger travesty here is how my Moss thread got moved to a different forum and your sticks, Finheaven tampering charges!! Kidding.
Chubbs

Pengh
11-01-2010, 03:23 PM
someone will pick him up before he falls to us...

Finsfalife
11-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Bring Him in Now......I can deal with a little Cancer for 9 weeks

shartzell
11-01-2010, 03:25 PM
We could use him with the Pat's and Jet's left to play again and think of all the information we could get from him on the Pats. Put in a claim and deal with him for the remainder of the year and make a run at the Super Bowl.

JBinSD
11-01-2010, 03:27 PM
You only have to clear waivers if you have a certain amount of time unvested..

after that point your a free agent..

I believe Moss does not have to clear waivers he is free to sign with anyone.

What he said.

loed
11-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Putting a claim on Moss is the biggest no brainer in the history of sports. There is no downside. We are not going to win the Super Bowl or the division right now. We need a speed threat (should have kept Ginn) opposite Marshall. Must keep the Jets or Pats from getting him. If he is a disaster in the locker room let him go. Great for Henne's development and confidence, the guy can still play (see stats from last year). Take a chance, don't want to say "what if" at the end of the year. Absolute no brainer, let's do it

Chubby
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Maybe this uncapped year rules are different, is what I am guessing why he has to clear waivers.

SA_BUTTA
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
His attitude steers teams away, I think he is still atheletic and can be a threat...But I really dont want a guy like that in the locker room. We are better off with what we have now....We were worried about Marshall being the diva receiver and he has not been that so far....If Moss was here we could have two fueling each others fire...No thanks...pass.

JEDIJ007
11-01-2010, 03:29 PM
someone else will take a chance on him before he falls to the dolphins. Washington is a team that comes to mind.

Tunaphish429
11-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Nope I was wrong..

Moss now has 24 hours for a team to claim him off waivers. His salary for the remainder of this season will be paid entirely by the Minnesota Vikings, but he can make additional money if he agrees to a new contract with a new team.

No one is going to clm him...6.4 million ....

I bet he clears waivers.

Flip Tanneflop
11-01-2010, 03:30 PM
We all knew you would be here to say why we shouldn't do it. What is he going to do to our locker room? We have leaders in place at every position.

Ask that question to the Patriots who got rid of him and they have more leaders than we do.

What is he going to do? Didnt you see the press conference after the game? Dude more or less bashed the entire Vikings organization and went on to talk about how great the team that just beat them is.

You really want part of that action?

What happens when we lose a game after he half ***** it out there? Is he going to tell us how bad our team is?

What happens when he causes your precious Chad Henne picks by not aggresively pursuing the ball? Then he comes on tv and tries to blame it on Henne? What will you do then?

No. I want no part of this dude on my team. Ive seen his act way too many times. He had a couple of good seasons when he first came into the league and a couple of good seasons in NE. The rest of his career has been sloppy, unproductive, underacheiving, combined with talking a bunch of **** about his teammates and coaches to the media. Im good on Randy Moss. Thats real talk. And you can run and tell that homeboy. :lol:

X-Pacolypse
11-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I would go after him. Marshall and Moss for half a season? Why not?

Yessir
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
This is a no freaking brainer. Just DO IT. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oasis
Only way this doesn't KILL our lockerroom is if we ride a winning streak all the way into the playoffs because of it. It is an intriguing idea but I think it would probably do more harm than good. I think he ends up a Titan.

SabanHater
He was cut. Why does he have to go through waivers?

jree
Right now in this stage of his career, he is to Brandon Marshall what Chris Carter was to him. He can't get seperation but would benefit from single coverage all day.

I personally hate the guy. He used to go to my barber when my barber was still down here in Florida and he came off as a racist prick. Simple words were exchanged and my barber had to get him to shut up

madmic21
11-01-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't know what I want... He could come in here and dominate or tear us down...

MadDog 88
11-01-2010, 03:32 PM
bill beli is still afraid of him...he had safety help over the top of moss yesterday pretty much every play...i think he can make plays vs one on one but i don't think he's quite the same vertical threat many here may be thinking...

he'd take some coverage from others for us though...but again he'd kill the lockerroom imo

Hoops even if he has lost a step he can still create separation against the top CBs in the league. If Moss is on one side with Marshall on the other, imagine the quandry opposing defenses would have.

Most of us, myself included said no to Marshall but he has proven to be a great acquisition thus far. Signing Moss requires no compensation and if he plays with his attitude he cn be cut. This is a low risk high reward that I am sure Ireland is at least considering.

utahphinsfan
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM

Ditto. I logged in & there were only 2 threads so far

Moss to Miami? I personally would pass (no pun intended). His release IMO has alot to do w/ Childress being an idiot.

As for Woodhead, I agree the phins should have picked him up. Aikman put it in perspective yesterday why the pats did; replacement for Kevin Faulk.

FinAtic8480
11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Fins have nothing to lose by claiming Moss, you are in a division with two power house teams, you are facing a bad secondary next week. Then there is the fact that there might be no football next year and this move could put you right there with the best teams in the NFL. Im Ireland I take the chance

Yessir
11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Brian Hartline or Randy Moss????

The choice is easy.

Chubby
11-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Brian Hartline or Randy Moss????

The choice is easy.
Hartline? I mean tecnically Moss will be a half season thing and Hartline is a long term with lots of upside.
Chubbs

elite14eva
11-01-2010, 03:38 PM
won't happen

Billk78
11-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Take it for what it is, but rotoworld lists us as one of the possible landing spots.

Shalise Manza Young of the Boston Globe predicts that Randy Moss will not end up with the Patriots after being waived on Monday.

According to Manza Young, the Patriots-Moss "divorce wasn't as amicable as seems now." The 6-1 Patriots also rank 32nd in the waiver order, and another team seems likely to claim Moss before he gets there. We'd add to the possible landing spots 4-3 Miami, 4-4 St. Louis, 4-3 Chicago, and 4-4 Jacksonville.

NJPhinFan21
11-01-2010, 03:40 PM
this is a pipedream for us fin fans. much like me having kim kardashian naked in my office right now is..

what, huh.. so your telling me theres a chance

jree
11-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Traded and Cut within a month? And Lebron James is one of the most hated athletes in the world. Sports fans are funny

mtlfinfan
Get him in here!!!!!!!!!!

Chubby
this is a pipedream for us fin fans. much like me having kim kardashian naked in my office right now is..

I rather have Eliza Dushku trying on Bikini's!!

Miamifinz
11-01-2010, 03:42 PM
If he's not happy at home in Minnesota, where pretty much everyone loved him, where else would this guy be happy? I'm skeptical. Probably locker room poison, but the deep threat would be great.

datruth55
11-01-2010, 03:43 PM
At this point Moss doesn't seem to care much about football. There's no effort.

Minnphin
11-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Just read on PFT that he goes on waivers because its after the trade deadline, which makes sense. Otherwise you could have handshake deals if a certain player wanted to go to a certain team after the deadline.

Moss would now be subject to leave waiver rules and could be claimed by any team. (To clarify, even veterans are subject to the waiver process after the trading deadline. Think Chris Chambers last year.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/report-vikings-waive-randy-moss/

oasis
11-01-2010, 03:45 PM
If he's not happy at home in Minnesota, where pretty much everyone loved him, where else would this guy be happy? I'm skeptical. Probably locker room poison, but the deep threat would be great.

What does Moss want to be happy? Probably all of the following:

1. $$
2. winning team
3. being a major part of gameplan
4. good QB

Do we provide those things?

NY8123
11-01-2010, 03:45 PM

I rather have Eliza Dushku trying on Bikini's!!

See now if you let Kim hand the Bikini's to Eliza while I got to spray them both down with a hose then you would be on to something.

72champagne
11-01-2010, 03:47 PM
an inspired Moss could propel us into the super bowl but there's better odds on winning a lottery.

Vaark
11-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Debate is moot. Broncos, Carolina, Buffalo or SF will likely put in claims.

callaway1234
11-01-2010, 03:49 PM
I thought this thread was a joke

Dolph N.Fan
11-01-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't know, this could be Cris Carter all over again. I mean he wasn't happy with Childress and how things were run there, he definitely won't give 100% with handcuffed Henne at QB and Henning calling the plays. NE and NYJ probably won't get Moss unless he clear waivers since they have two of the best records in the league.

johngarry
LET'S GO IRELAND - GETS SOME 'NAD!! Marshall&Moss would make us a def contender!!! it takes the Mo out of the box, forces the 5D and opens up our edge rush... immediately!

Chubby

Playoff Potential teams whom need a Healthy WR.

Indy
SD
GB

beanh8er
11-01-2010, 03:51 PM
I doubt Buffalo with Demayrius Thomas, Eddie Royal, and Brandon Lloyd would be looking at him. I think Buffalo is pretty happy with Lee Evan and the emergence of Steve Johnson. Carolina and SF will be definite contenders though.

JEDIJ007
11-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Traded and Cut within a month? And Lebron James is one of the most hated athletes in the world. Sports fans are funny

Dude Lebron James is NOT one of the most hated athletes in the world. People in South America, Asia, Africa, Europe and Austrelia don't give a **** about Lebron. **** I don't give a **** about Lebron he's trash, just like the NBA. I wouldn't mind Moss but this isn't ****in Madden.

Flip Tanneflop
11-01-2010, 03:52 PM
You guys kill me.

You absolutely hate it when I tell you the truth about Henne and Sparano, yet you want to sign Randy Moss. I mean, seriously, how many games do you think it would take before Moss tells you the truth about those guys?

They are talking about this on the Francesa show right now. A couple of interesting things..........

1) First you have to consider all of the teams ahead of us in waiver priority. Look at those teams and figure which ones still think they are in the mix and may consider taking a chance on Moss. San Diego comes to mind, but I dont think their owner would go with a move like this. Rivers could be nasty with Moss though.

2) You have to figure the only teams that may do this would be a team that knows they have a QB and/or a coach that Moss would respect. You see the way he treats teams that dont have Tom Brady. Francesa makes a fair point there that its going to take a guy like that. Peyton Manning and the injuries they have come to mind. Only question there is would Polian ever do that. Plus, Manning seems to go with whoever is at WR and still produce. He may not want Moss either.

Also, Indy does have a black coach. That would be a factor because Moss is a racist. He would be more reluctant to throw a black coach under the bus that isnt the genius Belichick is.

Who else could be in the mix? The Bears? Packers?

Btw, did you guys notice both Moss and TO this weekend not even trying for balls on certain plays? TO cost his man an INT late in the game. He also didnt even make an effort to come back for that ball that Clemens ran in front of in the endzone. That wouldve been a good shot at PI if he comes back for that thing. Thats if he dosent catch it.

That Moss play where he just watched the ball land in front of him in the endzone after drawing that PI was ridiculous. That was a TD pass if he just makes the effort. Unreal.

I want no part of that dude.

JEDIJ007
Playoff Potential teams whom need a Healthy WR.

Indy
SD
GB

HAHA! SD a playoff potential team at 3-5 really.

Dr. Phin
Check the price-tag...make sure you can cut him cheaply...then sign him up!!!

bobw999
11-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Lombardi just said Seattle and Miami are showing interest. :D

Flip Tanneflop
11-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Dude Lebron James is NOT one of the most hated athletes in the world. People in South America, Asia, Africa, Europe and Austrelia don't give a **** about Lebron. **** I don't give a **** about Lebron he's trash, just like the NBA. I wouldn't mind Moss but this isn't ****in Madden.

:lol: The NBA does blow dosent it.

Chubby
11-01-2010, 03:55 PM
(------------------- /giggle's like a 5 year old school girl.

Billk78
11-01-2010, 03:56 PM

In that division 7 or 8 wins might actually win the division.

Chubby
11-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the NFL.

oasis
11-01-2010, 03:57 PM

Question is, who's bluffing? If Sidattle isn't, then they get him.

Flip Tanneflop
11-01-2010, 03:58 PM

Ummmm YEA dude. C'mon man. Sometimes you gotta get with it.

KC is leading the NFC West and the Raiders are 4-4. Of course San Diego is a playoff contending team. 8 or 9 wins could take that division easily. Have you even been watching the league the last few years? San Diego has started slow a couple of times and come back to win that division.

bflat
11-01-2010, 03:59 PM

So that would put us ahead of Seattle in the waiver priority, correct?

SkapePhin
11-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I would only take Moss to keep him away from New England. He got himself kicked off the Vikings because of his love of the Patriots. Imagine what he would do to the Dolphins when they play the Patriots? I would claim him, play him early and see if he can help, but the second he causes trouble, bench him for the rest of the year and keep him out of the lockeroom.

It seemed like he struck up a good relationship with Vontae, so maybe that would help him integrate 3with the team, but I wouldn't bank on it. In any case, we NEED to keep him away from NE.

72champagne
11-01-2010, 04:00 PM
wv, its the first of the month. did you load up on caffeinated drinks again?

bflat
11-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Question is, who's bluffing? If Sidattle isn't, then they get him.

Why would Seattle get him, we have the same record but they are in first place in their division.

rainmaker1313
11-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Um I beleive San Diego started like 1-5 not too many years ago and ended up winning the division . Hello!!!!

Berry
11-01-2010, 04:02 PM

KC is leading the NFC West and the Raiders are 4-4. Of course San Diego is a playoff contending team. 8 or 9 wins could take that division easily. Have you even been watching the league the last few years? San Diego has started slow a couple of times and come back to win that division.

I dont see any team in the AFC West catching up with the Chiefs. They do the exact same thing that the Raiders do (run, play solid defense) but their offense is more dependable and have a much better special teams unit.

As for Moss, you have to consider that it will take him at least 3 weeks to learn the playbook (his first game for Minny all he was running was fly routes), and after he does, the main priority will still be Marshall. Bess is sure to get a lot of looks as well. I think its a highly combustible situation with him, he would be a 2nd or 3rd option (he has never been that in his career). A loss or two and he could start sounding off just like he did to get released in Minnesota.

NJPhinFan21
11-01-2010, 04:02 PM
someone needs to put the order up. give us something to look at and what receivers these teams have that are ahead of us...is that asking too much?

and man is WVDolphan angry or what

Flip Tanneflop
11-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I would only take Moss to keep him away from New England. He got himself kicked off the Vikings because of his love of the Patriots. Imagine what he would do to the Dolphins when they play the Patriots? I would claim him, play him early and see if he can help, but the second he causes trouble, bench him for the rest of the year and keep him out of the lockeroom.

It seemed like he struck up a good relationship with Vontae, so maybe that would help him integrate 3with the team, but I wouldn't bank on it. In any case, we NEED to keep him away from NE.

And just how do you propose we would be able to do that?

MadDog 88
11-01-2010, 04:05 PM
And just how do you propose we would be able to do that?
Cut him is what he is trying to say. This is low risk high reward if it works.

SkapePhin
11-01-2010, 04:09 PM
No don't cut him. Do what Gruden did to Keyshawn years ago...

oasis
11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
If he somehow ends up back with NE I am going to riot.

johngarry
11-01-2010, 04:14 PM
According to rotoworld he is subject to the waivers process. But Im not 100 percent sure either:

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Vikings have waived Randy Moss.

If the report is correct, the Vikings have given up on Moss just four games after acquiring him for a third-round pick on October 5. After calling out the coaching staff in his Sunday night press conference, Moss refused to travel with his teammates back to Minnesota, instead staying in Boston with his family. He'll now be subject to the waivers process, with any team claiming him on the hook for his $6.4 million salary prorated over the rest of the season. The winless Bills have first dibs. Moss indicated Sunday that he'd like to return to New England, but the Patriots are last in the waiver order. We'll know by 4PM ET if he's been claimed.

i believe that's 4pm Tuesday bro.

walt
11-01-2010, 04:16 PM
If he somehow ends up back with NE I am going to riot.

That's the point. We need to pick him up, if for no other reason than to prevent him from going to the Pats this year. He made clear in his post-game press conference that he loves the Pats, so if he has a choice, he will definitely go there, and probably play lights out because he's so happy to be back. We need to prevent that from happening as long as we are fighting for the division. It's way to early to give up on that.

Berry
11-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I dont think New England wants any part of him. You dont trade your best receiver, with a playoff team at that, if you do. What makes us different than New England and Minnesota? Sometimes, you have to realize a player cannot be changed. Can he play? Yeah, he can. Is he worth the headache? I dont think he is at all.

Not to mention, this is a moot point until he passes waivers. If you pick him up through waivers, you take on his contract. I dont think anyone wants to take the 6 mil or so he is owed. Teams will be weary...If you are a future hall of famer, a true number one receiver, and you are looking to play for your THIRD team in a season, than chances are its the player and not the teams

miamiron
11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
This is low risk high reward if it works.

Everything in LIFE is low risk...high reward...IF IT WORKS

jree
11-01-2010, 04:19 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/3kings-1.jpg

Theres absolutley nothing to lose except palying time for Hartline, which he lost anyways to a slot reciever

jree
11-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Everything in LIFE is low risk...high reward...IF IT WORKS

Everything is low risk unless your Brad Childress

Mogwai
11-01-2010, 04:21 PM
.... why would this be a good idea? There is not a more unstable, cancerous force in the league right now. He was cut for not trying against the Patsies and then crying about how much he missed them, as a division rival of theirs why the hell would we sign him?

Dolphasaur
11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Maybe we can ask him to change outside of the locker room?

Problem solved. Nice.

johngarry
11-01-2010, 04:24 PM
ok, flip this... how does a Moss aquisition help our defense? it pressures the opposing offense into not wanting to ever go three-n-out, fearing giving the ball back to our O... like Sergio Roma said "i'm mind f-n you right now...time to get our mind f on!"

Bumpus
11-01-2010, 04:28 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/omgdonotwant-1.jpg

**** Randy Moss!

JEDIJ007
11-01-2010, 04:31 PM

I'm thinking that KC take takes that division. they got a soft *** schedule. I dont see SD wining 5 more games. I dont consider them a playoff contender. Even though they are ranked 1st in offense and defense. Its crazy how there 3-5.

hayjay2000
11-01-2010, 06:25 PM
If I missed this earlier in this thread, My bad, But Per Rotoworld, Randy Moss has NOT officially hit the waiver wire. Sounds like the NFL and Vikings have "suspended" this whole "transaction" because the Vikings Higher-ups WANT Moss on the Roster, but Childress, Who I guess has "control of the 53-man roster" wants Moss gone. So they're at odds right now. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=188701