PDA

View Full Version : Marshall's talent being wasted?

tony0021
11-05-2010, 01:38 AM
i feel as if marshall's talent has been wasted this half of the season. he only has 1td & coming from a big time playmaker, thats pretty sad. his yrds/receptions are LOW. even ted ginn had more TDs up to this point last season. i look at replays and he's wide open down the field. sorry "henne lovers" but im putting the blame on henne for not giving him the ball when the time is right especially in the endzone. the worst thing that can happen is marshall just leaving or demanding a trade.

Boy From School
11-05-2010, 01:51 AM
Go to sleep. I've had enough of your posts for one night.

Smith21
11-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Lol he's on pace for like 110 catches and 1300 + yards.. His td's will go up give them a chance to play together.. There's been a few plays where you could say the same about Marshall leaving the td on the field also.

CrazyCarl
11-05-2010, 03:35 AM
Lol he's on pace for like 110 catches and 1300 + yards.. His td's will go up give them a chance to play together.. There's been a few plays where you could say the same about Marshall leaving the td on the field also.

Seriously.. do you expect this guy to come here and start catching 150 balls a season?

Gonk
11-05-2010, 05:08 AM
Hm, I agree with the OP. Some of the blame should go on Henning though who constantly calls dink and dunk 5-8 yd passes and doesn't allow our offense to stretch the field at all. We also haven't thrown one fade to him in the endzone that I can remember. Marshall is the prototype receiver for the fade route and instead we usually get inside the 10, run the ball twice then try a swing pass or something. It doesn't take rocket science to see why we kick FG's instead of make TD's.

However, Henne can be blamed also because it seems like he always hesitates to throw down field. You can see him go through his progressions, think about it, then just go the safe route and check down. Unfortunately, he checks down way too much.

jfleag61
11-05-2010, 05:18 AM
Hm, I agree with the OP. Some of the blame should go on Henning though who constantly calls dink and dunk 5-8 yd passes and doesn't allow our offense to stretch the field at all. We also haven't thrown one fade to him in the endzone that I can remember. Marshall is the prototype receiver for the fade route and instead we usually get inside the 10, run the ball twice then try a swing pass or something. It doesn't take rocket science to see why we kick FG's instead of make TD's.

However, Henne can be blamed also because it seems like he always hesitates to throw down field. You can see him go through his progressions, think about it, then just go the safe route and check down. Unfortunately, he checks down way too much.

The check downs are because Hennings phylosiphy is for the QB to "take the safest play" he stresses ball protection to the point that it costs us TDs. I wish it was "If you don't attack the endzone, you won't get into the endzone"

dolpns13
11-05-2010, 04:29 PM
why was this moved to spam? Pretty fair question if you ask me...

Mods need to be consistent in what you consider SPAM or not SPAM.. Why were all the moss threads not moved (of which have NOTHING to do with Miami, but a fair thread is moved.. Consistency man.. consistency