PDA

View Full Version : We need to watch out for Vernon Gholston in the future

tomtrio
11-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Jets head coach Rex Ryan remains optimistic about DE Vernon Gholston's future.
"He's going to be an excellent player, I really think that," Ryan said. We're not buying the long-term endorsement. Through four games Gholston has a whooping five tackles and zero sacks, but the Jets could expand his role as he becomes more familiar with his new position. That being said, the Jets can easily cut ties with the former No. 6 overall pick after this season.:lol2:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/11/06/2010-11-06_ryan_6thguesses_gholston.html?r=sports%2Ffootball%2Fjets&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fspor

I know this has nothing to do with the upcoming game but I thought Id post a good laugh. Who knows maybe we should have hung on to Eddie Moore huh?

Namor
11-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Yo..rook..not only does it not have anything to do with the upcoming game,it has nothing to do
with the Dolphins.
This should be in the General NFL forum.

footsteps_falco
11-06-2010, 11:51 AM
edit your post and say the dolphins should sign gholston when hes cut. BAM has something to do with phins and youll get a ton of replies ripping you =]

KlausC
11-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Ted Ginn Jr.

Ricky_Fan34
11-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Ted Ginn Jr.
At least Ted Ginn posted stats game in and game out, had return TDs, even managed a few recieving TDs. Everyone know Gholston has been a colossal failure up to this point.

KlausC
11-06-2010, 12:37 PM
At least Ted Ginn posted stats game in and game out, had return TDs, even managed a few recieving TDs. Everyone know Gholston has been a colossal failure up to this point.

At least Gholston wasn't cut already. Yea, they're both colossal failures.

dolfan_101
11-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Ted Ginn Jr.

:lol: out of all dolphin first round busts you pick Ted the jet killer:lol2:

Eli_Manning
11-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Ted Ginn Jr.
Pretty much was the reason the jets got swept. The jokes on the Dolphins though for actually trading him away.

bucket656
11-06-2010, 01:32 PM
henne drops back. sees ginn burning down the field. henne the mutha****innn robot hits ginn deeeeeeep for the touchdownnn!!! at least revis took it like a man this time and didnt grab his hammmyyyy

tomtrio
11-06-2010, 01:52 PM
At least Gholston wasn't cut already. Yea, they're both colossal failures.

Actually Ginn was traded, and contributed a hell of alot more than "the ghost". Maybe it would be better to cut that waste of space. All he is doing is clogging up your roster and amking out like a bandit with first round $$$$.

tomtrio
11-06-2010, 01:58 PM
edit your post and say the dolphins should sign gholston when hes cut. BAM has something to do with phins and youll get a ton of replies ripping you =]
lol

ROADRUNNER
11-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Why is he going to work at wallmart............

mindstate
11-07-2010, 10:44 AM
He's about to break out.

Ricky_Fan34
11-07-2010, 10:54 AM
He's about to break out.
He's been "about to break out" since he was drafted.

mindstate
11-07-2010, 12:12 PM
He's been "about to break out" since he was drafted.

I dunno man... I feel it coming.

Ricky_Fan34
11-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I dunno man... I feel it coming.
Good for him if he does, as I never want to see a player fail. If he does break out, I think it's going to take a change of scenery or something. Has he ever even had a sack with the Jets yet?

mindstate
11-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Good for him if he does, as I never want to see a player fail. If he does break out, I think it's going to take a change of scenery or something. Has he ever even had a sack with the Jets yet?

BTW, I wasn't being serious. :lol: He hasn't done much of anything and barely sees the field anymore. I was never high on him coming out of OSU so that he has become such a disappointment hasn't really affected me much.

Would be nice if he did suddenly turn it on though because we could use more pass rush from our front 7 but I'm not holding my breath.

Ricky_Fan34
11-07-2010, 01:32 PM
BTW, I wasn't being serious. :lol: He hasn't done much of anything and barely sees the field anymore. I was never high on him coming out of OSU so that he has become such a disappointment hasn't really affected me much.

Would be nice if he did suddenly turn it on though because we could use more pass rush from our front 7.
hahahah nicely done. I couldn't tell. Well played :lol:

KlausC
11-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Actually Ginn was traded, and contributed a hell of alot more than "the ghost". Maybe it would be better to cut that waste of space. All he is doing is clogging up your roster and amking out like a bandit with first round $$$$.

my bad, you're right. The Ghost is actually starting today at DT. I'm scared.

Ricky_Fan34
11-07-2010, 01:50 PM
my bad, you're right. The Ghost is actually starting today at DT. I'm scared.
At DT? Rotating with Pouha I assume?

KlausC
11-07-2010, 01:58 PM
At DT? Rotating with Pouha I assume?

Starting over DeVito.

lf911sc
11-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Yo..rook..not only does it not have anything to do with the upcoming game,it has nothing to do
with the Dolphins.
This should be in the General NFL forum.

Why, aren't the Jets in the AFC East?