PDA

View Full Version : Alright, Ive been bated

Snickersbps
12-17-2003, 03:51 AM
So tell me what I need to get in the game.

Obviously I need a PS2(controllers and cables and such)

Ive got PS1 controllers and memory cards, will those work?

and what with this network adapter? Ive already got me DSL, do I just buy the adapter and use the service I already have?

What price am I lookin at to use the EA online thing?

*in my best cartman voice* Man, I hate you guys...

TerryTate
12-17-2003, 12:42 PM
wow, you must be one of those guys that buy a lot of stuff "as seen on TV" :lol: Salesmen must have a field day, since I am still half-awake, i will let the other guys answer your question...

iceblizzard69
12-17-2003, 01:06 PM
To play online you need the network adaptor, which costs $40. Once you buy it, there are no extra charges.

I never had PS1, but I think their memory cards don't work on PS2 but the controlers do. However, someone else needs to answer that one.

Baz
12-17-2003, 03:03 PM
This is right up my ally. I work at Best Buy in the gaming department.....:D

Your PS1 memory cards will not work on your PS2. Your controllers will for a while, but the PS2 sends a lot more data than they are used to, and will eventually burn them out.

Now for what you need. Best Buys sells a PS2 combo pack that comes with the PS2, network adaptor, and ATV Offroad Fury 2 for 199.99. Thats definately the best deal. You'll need a memory card, maybe another controller if you want to play 2 players at home, and the game. Since you already have DSL, you're set with internet providers. EA doesn't charge people to use their network, so you're golden there. The headset retails for 29.99 I think, but thats optional. You should expect to spend around 300 bucks to get everything you need. Hope this helps......

TerryTate
12-17-2003, 04:15 PM
and then u have to learn how to play madden, its time + Money, thats gonna be the most aggravating part, when i first was learning t oplay and i started my online career (this was PC, and it was last years game, i started out 3-20) I finished 80 games over .500 though :)

Prime Time
12-17-2003, 05:26 PM
$300 bucks is a bargain. Some people bought the PS2 when It was 300. I bought it when it was at 200.

Snickersbps
12-17-2003, 09:11 PM
yeah that doesnt sound too bad really....you guys might see me in the mix in about 6 months, hope you guys are still playing by then...

and baz, you work at best buy huh? how bout you hook it up with a discount! ;)

and no, Im not an impulse buyer, and I am a salesman for that matter, so I know most of the tricks. But Ive been playing my PS1 for a bit now and its about to crap out on me...7 years is long enough my good friend :D Im really into RPG's and what not, and my friend has a PS2 and I play his everyonce in while, and I must say its pretty nice

Prime Time
12-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Wow. 7 years? DAYUM! BTW, in 6 months I think we will all have stopped playing and be awaiting Madden 05 and the new football season.

Dolfan984
12-17-2003, 09:18 PM
I think we're gunna have to raise the stakes in 05 and put something more concrete than what we have now.

;)

I'm a bastard.

Prime Time
12-17-2003, 09:19 PM
:lol: Indeed you are.

:jk: