PDA

View Full Version : Anybody on the Michael Vick to Miami bandwagon?

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Any riders? Why or why not?

Gadsden86
11-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't think the Eagles will let him go. Kolb was ok but not what they thought. I wouldn't mind him but think they will give Henne at least 1 more season.

Hurr1cane17
11-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Nope. I want to see what Henne can do still, and if he's not good enough I want a different young QB. No use going to someone older who's going to regress soon.

Ed Norton
11-07-2010, 05:50 PM
No, I will not watch them. I won't route for another team I would be done with the NFL at that point. I'll put up with 1-15, or today's embarrasing loss but I'm not supporting a team that signs Vick.

DphinBillkiller
11-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Not a Vick bandwagoneer. But I'm hoping for a Colts/ AFC loss this afternoon.

SebasMiamiFan
11-07-2010, 05:54 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I would support that. He's a play maker. With how good we block, he'd fit right in.

X-Pacolypse
11-07-2010, 05:55 PM
If Vick ever came to the Dolphins, then they'll have lost a fan. All the gear, all the merchandise right in the trash. Michael Vick is an evil, sick, twisted, pathetic, low life, dog murdering scumbag. I hate him with every inch of my being.

ChambersChamps
11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
I wish we had Sam Bradford but I want to see what Henne can do with a new offensive coordinator and possibly head coach but for sure a new OC. And also get Pennington out of here so he is out of Henne's ear

JCane
11-07-2010, 06:00 PM
No use for Michael Vick. Dude is average. Always has been always will be. Great athlete, a ton of talent, and he'll always have a spot somewhere on an NFL roster but he can't win games with his arm. Remember when everyone said Roddy White was garbage and that if Vick had receivers blah blah blah. Yeah. We'd trade one average QB for another.

ROADRUNNER
11-07-2010, 06:02 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif................no

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 06:04 PM
I don't think the Eagles will let him go. Kolb was ok but not what they thought. I wouldn't mind him but think they will give Henne at least 1 more season.
He will be a FA, so the Eagles may not have a choice. You're right though I think they are disappointed with Kolb but may be stuck with him.

Finfan0120
11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
He wouldn't solve our problems, and I don't think I could ever root for that POS. So no.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Nope. I want to see what Henne can do still, and if he's not good enough I want a different young QB. No use going to someone older who's going to regress soon.
I would like to see Henne develop alittle more too. But his window might be closing. A little while ago there were those rumors that tuna wanted to replace him.

Mogwai
11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
No. If that were to happen, the Dolphins would have pushed me too far.

SkapePhin
11-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Hell no. Keep that overated scumbag out of MIami.

eric1197
11-07-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm 100% for Vick in Miami... Everyone deserves a second chance and he is still a great player and will bring excitement back to miami.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I would support that. He's a play maker. With how good we block, he'd fit right in.
And he can throw deep. His ability to run would open up the field for our backs and receivers.

X-Pacolypse
11-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Michael Vick can go rot in the pits of Hell.

napsndreds
11-07-2010, 06:16 PM
guys dont wanna win on here point blank.. too much other things they want to have in a player and winning is not one of them.

X-Pacolypse
11-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Michael Vick should have been sentenced to death.

JCane
11-07-2010, 06:18 PM
guys dont wanna win on here point blank.. too much other things they want to have in a player and winning is not one of them.

Winning is priority #1 for me.

That's why I don't want Vick in Miami. Miami needs a QB.

Mogwai
11-07-2010, 06:19 PM
What the hell has Michael Vick ever won?

Ricky4Life
11-07-2010, 06:20 PM
If vick were to sign with this team I would scrub my fins tattoo off with steel wool. Did we learn nothing having his retarded brother here?

napsndreds
11-07-2010, 06:21 PM
What the hell has Michael Vick ever won?

A few games this season off his back single handedly. Can you reference a game where Chad Henne has done anything close? btw, im not for or against bringing in vick at the moment. But the reasons why guys dont want him on here has nothing to do with winning.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Hell no. Keep that overated scumbag out of MIami.
Scumbag? Maybe. Overated? No one is saying that he is great, but he may be an upgrade to what we currently have and he may be the best FA qb available next year.

DolfanISS
11-07-2010, 06:24 PM
I think Mike Vick is the ultimate you don't want to win QB's. I passed this judgement way before the dog contraversey. Watched him vs the Bears when there defense was really good (Super Bowl year). You guys think Chad P/ kills your offesne vs good defenses, HA! Vick looked lost, clueless, however you want to put it. Was also a sloppy day in Chicago, just can't see him beating a good playoff caliber defense in that kind of game. We need a QB, not a wildcat QB who caqn throw.

hann80
11-07-2010, 06:24 PM
After watching the pathetic qb we have, I will take him in a heart beat. Henne blows....

Abhenne7
11-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Well if henne doesnt progress enough, id take a shot at him

X-Pacolypse
11-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Well if henne doesnt progress enough, id take a shot at him

There are better options than that inhumane monster, though.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Sounds like a lot of you guys are upset with MV because of his past, and I get that, but technically he has paid his debt to society and has kept his nose clean, but I don't see or hear the same indignation at Donte Stallworth and if he can move on why can't MV get the same treatment? I am not sure if Mv would be a good fit, but if we did sign him I would not renounce my team.

Scrap
11-07-2010, 06:38 PM
I'd find another team or stop watching NFL football.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Philly has the rep of having the most difficult fans in all of sports. If he can play there I think he could play in Miami, and as soon as he started winnig games a lot of minds would be changed.

dabeastdabone
11-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Your kidding, right?

72champagne
11-07-2010, 06:55 PM
i'm on the vick back to prison where the psycho belongs bandwagon.

Patrick_Bateman
11-07-2010, 06:57 PM

Interesting, word I hear (I know a few inside people so my rumors have at least a bit of truth) is that Vick won't be back in Philly next year...Hmm it would be interesting to say the least...Hmmm, I really don't know.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 07:03 PM
I think Mike Vick is the ultimate you don't want to win QB's. I passed this judgement way before the dog contraversey. Watched him vs the Bears when there defense was really good (Super Bowl year). You guys think Chad P/ kills your offesne vs good defenses, HA! Vick looked lost, clueless, however you want to put it. Was also a sloppy day in Chicago, just can't see him beating a good playoff caliber defense in that kind of game. We need a QB, not a wildcat QB who caqn throw.
Watch him play this year, if you haven't, he has improved a great deal over his atl years. It will be interesting to see how he handles himself in the playoffs if Philly makes it.

Scrap
11-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Sounds like a lot of you guys are upset with MV because of his past, and I get that, but technically he has paid his debt to society and has kept his nose clean, but I don't see or hear the same indignation at Donte Stallworth and if he can move why can't MV get the same treatment? I am not sure if Mv would be a good fit, but if we did sign him I would not renounce my team.

Legally speaking: He has paid his debt to society. The problem is that he really did not owe you or me anything. He owed all of those dogs that he tortured and killed. They were innocent animals that did not ask to be thrown into such evil circumstances. What, may I ask you, has he paid back to them? He could care less about what he did to those dogs. He himself stated that he wouldn't have stopped had he never been caught.

shaqdiese1
11-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Let me get this right all of you who would leave the Fins if we got Vick but stayed for Fiedler, Lucas, Griese, Feely, Rosenfels, Frerotte, Harrington, Culpepper, Lemon, Beck and now Henne... Don't let the door hit you on the way out...............

3pthreat
11-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Wow... you have no forgiveness in your heart... i'm glad you don't make any decisions that effect this team...

Patrick_Bateman
11-07-2010, 07:12 PM
I'd welcome Vick here, I think...however I own a dog and his past really disgusts me. I just don't know, but he'd suck if Henning was still here so FIRE HENNING!!!

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Legally speaking: He has paid his debt to society. The problem is that he really did not owe you or me anything. He owed all of those dogs that he tortured and killed. They were innocent animals that did not ask to be thrown into such evil circumstances. What, may I ask you, has he paid back to them? He could care less about what he did to those dogs. He himself stated that he wouldn't have stopped had he never been caught.
You may be quoting him out of context. He was explaining that he did not understand the gravity of what he did until he got caught and was therefore glad to have gotten caught because it allowed him to be enlightened.

PhinsPhan11
11-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't think that we would go out and get him.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't think that we would go out and get him.
Can't help but notice you're from Phi. Do you think he stays?

Scrap
11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Let me get this right all of you who would leave the Fins if we got Vick but stayed for Fiedler, Lucas, Griese, Feely, Rosenfels, Frerotte, Harrington, Culpepper, Lemon, Beck and now Henne... Don't let the door hit you on the way out...............

Your argument is weak. All of these guys exhibited much better character than Vick. It's about having morals. It's about not wanting to see the bad guy win all of the damned time.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
And to all the haters that can't get past the dogfighting, unless you are a vegan stfu. Have seen what is done to cows, chickens,pigs and even horses? It makes dogfighting look almost humane! Not that dogfighting is ok, but get over it.

Scrap
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
You may be quoting him out of context. He was explaining that he did not understand the gravity of what he did until he got caught and was therefore glad to have gotten caught because it allowed him to be enlightened. Of course. Now I am supposed to forgive him for his ignorance? Only a 100% pure idiot would not understand the gravity of that before being caught. Please.

finfan54
11-07-2010, 07:52 PM
probly more on the new O coordinator bandwagon right now

Ray_Finkle#5
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Thigpen is identical as Vick. just as athletic, same inacurate arm. do your homework and your wonder why we would want to bring in another 3rd string QB

Scrap
11-07-2010, 07:55 PM
And to all the haters that can't get past the dogfighting, unless you are a vegan stfu. Have seen what is done to cows, chickens,pigs and eve horses? It makes dogfighting look almost humane! Not that dogfighting is ok, but get over it. I'll choose my own battles. Your opinion of my choice means absolutely nothing to me. I am a dog lover. I have two of them and they both are my kids. As far as I am concerned, he may as well have done this to children.

shaqdiese1
11-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Your argument is weak. All of these guys exhibited much better character than Vick. It's about having morals. It's about not wanting to see the bad guy win all of the damned time.

The Bad Guy did his time and better character has had us at 4-4 and worst in the past....

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Of course. Now I am supposed to forgive him for his ignorance? Only a 100% pure idiot would not understand the gravity of that before being caught. Please.

you don't have to forgive him. And again Donte Stallworth killed someone while drunk driving and we can forgive that. Isnt drunk driving worse than idiotic?

Scrap
11-07-2010, 08:03 PM
The Bad Guy did his time and better character has had us at 4-4 and worst in the past.... I do not have to agree with the length of time he did. I'll proudly root for good guy over a bad one, in spite of the outcome.

Mogwai
11-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Thigpen is identical as Vick. just as athletic, same inacurate arm. do your homework and your wonder why we would want to bring in another 3rd string QB
:lol: Thigpen as athletic as Vick... Heh. Classic. I hate Vick on many levels, but that is flat out absurd. Vick along with maybe Sean Taylor is the most outrageous athlete I've seen come into this league.

Scrap
11-07-2010, 08:06 PM
you don't have to forgive him. And again Donte Stallworth killed someone while drunk driving and we can forgive that. Isnt drunk driving worse than idiotic?
When did I say I liked Stallworth? And why would I argue it on a thread about Vick? For the record, there are quite a few players who do not deserve the priviledge of playing in the NFL (at least in my opinion). Stallworth included.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 08:07 PM
I'll choose my own battles. Your opinion of my choice means absolutely nothing to me. I am a dog lover. I have two of them and they both are my kids. As far as I am concerned, he may as well have done this to children.
I'm sorry, but unless you actually have kids, don't compare your dogs to my kids or anyone else's.

shaqdiese1
11-07-2010, 08:08 PM
I do not have to agree with the length of time he did. I'll proudly root for good guy over a bad one, in spite of the outcome.

Scrap I respect your opinion I just know Vick would be a major upgrade on the field I have wached him since high school nothing like him out there....

AlphaPHIN
11-07-2010, 08:08 PM

You trollin

Scrap
11-07-2010, 08:14 PM
First off, I do have a kid. Second, I could still compare them to whatever I wish even if I didn't have children. To some people in the world, they are the only kids that they have. There is nothing you can do about it.

Scrap
11-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Scrap I respect your opinion I just know Vick would be a major upgrade on the field I have wached him since high school nothing like him out there....

That is cool that you like him. I have no problem with anyone who would give him a chance. It is just my personal opinion that he is a piece of trash who does not deserve the opportunity that he is getting.

shaqdiese1
11-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Would you feel the same about Big Ben or is it just a dog thing?????

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 08:22 PM
First off, I do have a kid. Second, I could still compare them to whatever I wish even if I didn't have children. To some people in the world, they are the only kids that they have. There is nothing you can do about it.

I know this is getting off topic and Please correct me if I am wrong. But are you saying that you hold your dog in the same regard as your child?

Scrap
11-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Would you feel the same about Big Ben or is it just a dog thing????? I'm don't know much about the Ben thing, but based on the idea that it is true, then no, I wouldn't want him on our team.

Scrap
11-07-2010, 08:28 PM
I know this is getting off topic and Please correct me if I am wrong. But are you saying that you hold your dog in the same regard as your child?

No. I would not hesitate to hurt anyone who tried to hurt my dogs. I also do not allow people to come in my house and treat my dogs with any disrespect. It is more their house than a visitor's.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 08:35 PM
No. I would not hesitate to hurt anyone who tried to hurt my dogs. I also do not allow people to come in my house and treat my dogs with any disrespect. It is more their house than a visitor's.

Okay.

SeasonsMusic
11-07-2010, 08:36 PM
If Vick ever came to the Dolphins, then they'll have lost a fan. All the gear, all the merchandise right in the trash. Michael Vick is an evil, sick, twisted, pathetic, low life, dog murdering scumbag. I hate him with every inch of my being.
Same with me, he is the biggest piece of sh*t the nfl has

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 08:40 PM
WatchingMV against Indy and the game is close. If Kolb plays this game is not even close. Indy would have buried them. Say what you will Vick is a difference maker and if he continues to play well and keep his nose clean I may have to reserve my seat on the Vick bandwagon.

Ray_Finkle#5
11-07-2010, 08:41 PM
:lol: Thigpen as athletic as Vick... Heh. Classic. I hate Vick on many levels, but that is flat out absurd. Vick along with maybe Sean Taylor is the most outrageous athlete I've seen come into this league.
i said do ur homework, not just watch espns highlight reels on who they want you to think is the best. go read the scouting reports on both.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 08:51 PM
H
i said do ur homework, not just watch espns highlight reels on who they want you to think is the best. go read the scouting reports on both.
My math homework…
Vick > Thigpen
How'd I do teach?

Mogwai
11-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Trollin'? Nah, don't think I need to do any background work on the blatantly obvious. I'm actually capable of rational thought and I'm not 9 so I actually remember Vick at VT and coming into the league. There is not a scout on this planet who would compare Vick and Thigpen's athleticism as equal.

j-off-her-doll
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Why not: he's a piece of ****, and I hope each day of his life is filled with more suffering than the last.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Why not: he's a piece of ****, and I hope each day of his life is filled with more suffering than the last.
That's ridiculous, he made a terrible mistake, and should be allowed to move on. I would not hire him to dog sit, but as a qb he is better right now than Henne. Maybe Henne will continue to improve but right now Vick is better.

Zounds
11-07-2010, 10:08 PM
There's no doubt Vick has become a great QB this year, even in the passing game. I still wouldn't want Vick because Henning is our OC. This offense is set up to fail every week before we even take the field. Until that changes, it wont make much of a difference with any QB we have in there.

X-Pacolypse
11-07-2010, 10:14 PM
BUT IMAGINE WHAT HE'D DO FOR THE WILDCAT!!!!!

/sarcasm

I know this was sarcastic, but much like the Wildcat, Michael Vick needs to die.

dolfan2909
11-07-2010, 10:19 PM
people on here are disgusting...valuing the lives of some worthless pit bulls over a human being, michael vick...if dog fighting is a crime than so is eating chicken b/c we all know they are couped up in little cages their whole lives until slaughter, oh but i forgot they weren't "tortured" or treated "cruelly" so it's ok, f'in hypocrites...i for one would love to have mike vick in miami

Penthos
11-07-2010, 10:39 PM
That's ridiculous, he made a terrible mistake, and should be allowed to move on. I would not hire him to dog sit, but as a qb he is better right now than Henne. Maybe Henne will continue to improve but right now Vick is better.

A terrible mistake? If he got one dog killed in a dogfight that would be a terrible mistake and I might understand. But he was in the business of killing dogs for YEARS. That's hundreds of times more than "A" terrible mistake.

And for people comparing this to chicken or beef slaughterhouses, that is one of the most pathetic attempts at equivocation I've ever read.

First, chickens and cows are killed because WE EAT THEM. Was Vick having trouble making ends meet so he needed to eat dogs? I don't ****ing think so.

Second, I'm pretty sure when I order hamburger at restaurant that it didn't make its way to my plate by dying in a "cow fight". That's just ****ing stupid. I have a lot of issues with factory farms and while those animals lives in bad conditions, at least they don't have to survive a fight to the death every couple weeks.

Third, he DIDN'T need the money. He did it cause he's a ****ing sick-disgusting ******* who enjoys watching animals tear each other apart for fun. My guess would be that he's, at least, a borderline sociopath.

Everyone deserves a second chance? Says who? It depends on what it was they did the first time that would determine if it merits a second chance. Murdering countless dogs for entertainment doesn't merit it in my book.

hann80
11-07-2010, 10:39 PM

Thigpen can't carry Vick's jock strap.. Are you serious?

hann80
11-07-2010, 10:42 PM
people on here are disgusting...valuing the lives of some worthless pit bulls over a human being, michael vick...if dog fighting is a crime than so is eating chicken b/c we all know they are couped up in little cages their whole lives until slaughter, oh but i forgot they weren't "tortured" or treated "cruelly" so it's ok, f'in hypocrites...i for one would love to have mike vick in miami

Exactly, people get over it. I doubt it's about the dogs though. How many women has Big Ben raped?

Canadianfishfan
11-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Deliever us a young franchise QB.

Im sick of retreads.

Penthos
11-07-2010, 10:45 PM

A worthless pitbull? And you call US disgusting? I don't personally care for pit bulls myself but I wouldn't force them to rip each other apart for fun. And they weren't all pit bulls (not that it's relevant). Justice would have been to let those dogs tear Michael Vick apart.

Oh, and as I pointed out a couple posts ago, you're analogy about eating chicken and beef is ****ing stupid.

Penthos
11-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Exactly, people get over it. I doubt it's about the dogs though. How many women has Big Ben raped?

Big Ben is a scumbag too. I would NEVER want that ******* on the Fins.

dolfan2909
11-07-2010, 10:52 PM
A terrible mistake? If he got one dog killed in a dogfight that would be a terrible mistake and I might understand. But he was in the business of killing dogs for YEARS. That's hundreds of times more than "A" terrible mistake.

And for people comparing this to chicken or beef slaughterhouses, that is one of the most pathetic attempts at equivocation I've ever read.

First, chickens and cows are killed because WE EAT THEM. Was Vick having trouble making ends meet so he needed to eat dogs? I don't ****ing think so.

Second, I'm pretty sure when I order hamburger at restaurant that it didn't make its way to my plate by dying in a "cow fight". That's just ****ing stupid. I have a lot of issues with factory farms and while those animals lives in bad conditions, at least they don't have to survive a fight to the death every couple weeks.

Third, he DIDN'T need the money. He did it cause he's a ****ing sick-disgusting ******* who enjoys watching animals tear each other apart for fun. My guess would be that he's, at least, a borderline sociopath.

Everyone deserves a second chance? Says who? It depends on what it was they did the first time that would determine if it merits a second chance. Murdering countless dogs for entertainment doesn't merit it in my book.

you can only murder another human being and so what if we eat cows and chickens? some cultures eat dogs so are they allowed to kill them? what about hunters "murdering" deer and such...they're not starving, they could go to publix and get some meat, why should they be allowed to torture wild animals and hunt them? fact is dogs are property just like chickens and cows and if you want to fight them, jail them, or "murder" them you have every right to because you own them and paid for them, they do not have rights like human beings do

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=Penthos;1063661767]A terrible mistake? If he got one dog killed in a dogfight that would be a terrible mistake and I might understand. But he was in the business of killing dogs for YEARS. That's hundreds of times more than "A" terrible mistake.

Everyone deserves a second chance? Says who? It depends on what it was they did the first time that would determine if it merits a second chance. Murdering countless dogs for entertainment doesn't merit it in my book.[

get over yourself. You chose to eat tortured animals, he chose to fight them. You do not have eat them to survive and he did not have to fight them for the money. Just because you give an animal a name and play with it does not make more valuable or more important than any other. You guys that treat dogs like they are the gods of the animal kingdom need to get a gripe.

dolfan2909
11-07-2010, 10:57 PM
abnormal knows what's up...dogs nor any other animals have rights, only humans do...humans>>>dogs...mike vick>>>worthless pit bulls

Penthos
11-07-2010, 10:58 PM
you can only murder another human being and so what if we eat cows and chickens? some cultures eat dogs so are they allowed to kill them? what about hunters "murdering" deer and such...they're not starving, they could go to publix and get some meat, why should they be allowed to torture wild animals and hunt them? fact is dogs are property just like chickens and cows and if you want to fight them, jail them, or "murder" them you have every right to because you own them and paid for them, they do not have rights like human beings do

Really? If I have every right to make my dogs fight, then why is dog fighting illegal? Of course they don't have rights like human beings do, but that doesn't mean its okay to kill them FOR NO REASON. While some cultures DO eat dogs, I'll bet you the way they kill them is not a fight to the death.

If you think making animals fight to the death for your own entertainment is in any way okay? Then stay the **** away from me because you are a sick person who should seek the aid of a therapist.

blinder
11-07-2010, 11:02 PM
you can have Vick, Manning or Marino come out of retirement...Sparano still want to run the ball and cheer for FG.
Whats the point.

Penthos
11-07-2010, 11:02 PM
get over yourself. You chose to eat tortured animals, he chose to fight them. You do not have eat them to survive and he did not have to fight them for the money. Just because you give an animal a name and play with it does not make more valuable or more important than any other. You guys that treat dogs like they are the gods of the animal kingdom need to get a gripe.

No animal that I eat is forced to fight another animal to the death. Killing something to be eaten as food and sustenance is not even close to being the same as having them fight to the death for entertainment. Its an asinine argument, period.

X-Pacolypse
11-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Michael Vick should die.

dolfan2909
11-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Really? If I have every right to make my dogs fight, then why is dog fighting illegal? Of course they don't have rights like human beings do, but that doesn't mean its okay to kill them FOR NO REASON. While some cultures DO eat dogs, I'll bet you the way they kill them is not a fight to the death.

If you think making animals fight to the death for your own entertainment is in any way okay? Then stay the **** away from me because you are a sick person who should seek the aid of a therapist.

dog fighting is illegal in the united states of america you should say, not everywhere...open your mind and see that just because something's "illegal" doesn't make it wrong...i smoked pot earlier today, some criminal i am! i'm also not psychoctic as watching a dog fight would probably make me throw up but just because i think it's disgusting doesn't mean it should be illegal...sound elementary arguments though!

blinder
11-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Get off your high horse. Half of NFL and NBA players would not be playing according to your standard. You need to get real.

72champagne
11-07-2010, 11:05 PM
vick is abnormal and both should undergo electric shock therapy and put on thorazine. even the jet tard gangrene site wouldn't tolerate this thread, btw.

dolfan2909
11-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Michael Vick should die.

****** you wish you could be michael vick, go jerk off and go to bed so us grownups can conversate

mega-fin-love
11-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I am actually really happy to see such a display of morals on this thread. I did not expect it and Its giving me some hope for the human race in general. I have a chocolate lab and make no mistake about it. He is my best friend. What Vick did disgusts me and I will never forgive him for it. However, Vick would be a massive upgrade over Henne and those of you that disagree just don't watch football. If Vick had been on the Dolphins this whole year we would have a first round ticket to the playoffs, no question. Having said that, I would have a really hard time cheering for that ******* no matter how much better he made us. So the real question is: How much of your morals are you willing to sacrifice to have a much better team?

Penthos
11-07-2010, 11:11 PM
dog fighting is illegal in the united states of america you should say, not everywhere...open your mind and see that just because something's "illegal" doesn't make it wrong...i smoked pot earlier today, some criminal i am! i'm also not psychoctic as watching a dog fight would probably make me throw up but just because i think it's disgusting doesn't mean it should be illegal...sound elementary arguments though!

Now it makes sense because you would have to be high to compare smoking pot to dog fighting. Some things are just wrong. Killing things for entertainment is wrong. Sex with minors isn't illegal in every country either. Does it make me close-minded because I think its wrong? I smoke a fair amount of grass myself but I would NEVER be high enough to say that forcing one animal to kill another for my entertainment is okay.

Adam First
11-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Vick is a west coast offense quarterback. We run baby's first offense. It wouldn't be a good fit.

72champagne
11-07-2010, 11:13 PM
if you aren't even a mammal you don't need to be posting in this thread.

Penthos
11-07-2010, 11:14 PM
****** you wish you could be michael vick, go jerk off and go to bed so us grownups can conversate

Yes, because telling someone to go jerk off is something a real grown up actually says.
:bobdole:

Mogwai
11-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Here we are where every Vick conversation seems to end up. Where some supporters of Vick have some sort of breakdown revolving around it being "just dogs" and start sounding like they electrocute puppies in their basement every night. Equating murdering/torturing animals for sport to humans being carnivorous and requiring food is ridiculous on many levels. You can't be around a dog, look into its eyes and not understand that it's a living creature possessed of its own intelligence and feelings that are as valid as ours in their own way. The line between how ****ed up you have to be to torture a dog and a human is a very thin one.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Look, I am not defending dog fighting. Frankly, I think it's stupid, deplorable and disgusting. But, so is a slaughterhouse, and to condemn one with out condemning the other seems hypocritical. Almost like the cigarettes vs marijuana debate. But i didn't start this thread to get into any of that...

I was just wondering if you guys thought could he help our football team, as a quaterback. He is now back in the league, and looks to be the best free agent prospect at his position....

Penthos
11-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Here we are where every Vick conversation seems to end up. Where some supporters of Vick have some sort of breakdown revolving around it being "just dogs" and start sounding like they electrocute puppies in their basement every night. Equating murdering/torturing animals for sport to humans being carnivorous and requiring food is ridiculous on many levels. You can't be around a dog, look into its eyes and not understand that it's a living creature possessed of its own intelligence and feelings that are as valid as ours in their own way. The line between how ****ed up you have to be to torture a dog and a human is a very thin one.

Very well put. Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahmer all tortured and/or killed animals during their childhoods. But hey, it's just harmless fun right?

Penthos
11-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Look, I am not defending dog fighting. Frankly, I think it's stupid, deplorable and disgusting. But, so is a slaughterhouse, and to condemn one with out condemning the other seems hypocritical. Almost like the cigarettes vs marijuana debate. But i didn't start this thread to get into any of that...

I was just wondering if you guys thought could he help our football team, as a quaterback. He is now back in the league, and looks to be the best free agent prospect at his position....

As a QB i'm on the fence. He seem's to have amazing abilities that you would think would add up to a top-tier QB, but in his case, it's almost like the sum is less than the parts.

I can't get past the moral issue. And it doesn't matter to me if we were talking about Michael Vick or Peyton Manning, I don't want that person on my team.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 11:28 PM
No animal that I eat is forced to fight another animal to the death. Killing something to be eaten as food and sustenance is not even close to being the same as having them fight to the death for entertainment. Its an asinine argument, period.

I implore you to please check out how those animals are treated (if you haven't already), before and during their slaughter...It is indeed horrible. Not that it justifies what MV did, just that it seems unjust for him to be villified after discontinuing those activities while worse things continue to happen unchallenged.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 11:30 PM
As a QB i'm on the fence. He seem's to have amazing abilities that you would think would add up to a top-tier QB, but in his case, it's almost like the sum is less than the parts.

I can't get past the moral issue. And it doesn't matter to me if we were talking about Michael Vick or Peyton Manning, I don't want that person on my team.
Not to change the topic but, I felt the same way about Randy Moss, I think he is an ***, and I did not want him,(or TO) near this team.

Penthos
11-07-2010, 11:35 PM
I implore you to please check out how those animals are treated (if you haven't already), before and during their slaughter...It is indeed horrible. Not that it justifies what MV did, just that it seems unjust for him to be villified after discontinuing those activities while worse things continue to happen unchallenged.

Dude, I know. I quit eating meat for 3 months because I don't like factory farms. My wife only buys free range chicken and we try to find corn fed non-factory farmed beef whenever we can. (In fact, I'm really looking forward to when meat can be cloned on a mass scale so that slaughter houses need not exist. Sounds crazy but it will happen)

I don't think MV's vilification is unjust by virtue of the fact that he would still be doing it if he hadn't been caught. Besides, we aren't vilifying him, he vilified himself by running a dog fighting ring.

Mogwai
11-07-2010, 11:38 PM
That we turn a blind eye to slaughterhouse conditions is very valid, but that's another conversation. That strays a long way from the point here. Regardless, of whatever other evils there are in the world there is no defending what Vick did. He's gotten a second chance most people wouldn't. That he would play for the team I love and have respected because of how Shula used to run it is a revolting concept. I hate that Saban was ever associated with the team and he's just an *******. Vick committed revolting atrocities that I am under no obligation to forget or forgive him for no matter how much shuffleboard he played in a minimum security prison.

X-Pacolypse
11-07-2010, 11:44 PM

**** you, pal. You make me sick. Your absolute disregard for the life of a defenseless dog sickens me. Rot in hell.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Dude, I know. I quit eating meat for 3 months because I don't like factory farms. My wife only buys free range chicken and we try to find corn fed non-factory farmed beef whenever we can. In fact, I'm really looking forward to when meat can be cloned on a mass scale so that slaughter houses need not exist.

I don't think MV's vilification is unjust by virtue of the fact that he would still be doing it if he hadn't been caught. Besides, we aren't vilifying him, he vilified himself by running a dog fighting ring.

Kudos on that!!

on the rest...agree to disagree, and hopefully Henne will blossom and this will all be moot and...

GO Dolphins!!

PhinsTD
11-07-2010, 11:50 PM
This thread has been as entertaining as I'd hoped when I clicked on it.

At this point, I just want to win games. I'd probably strongly dislike Vick his entire time here, but I'd live with it. I'm sure there are things the players on our team do that we wouldn't like to hear about all the time. I don't approve of it, but I try to separate personal feelings from professional feelings.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 11:51 PM
I am actually really happy to see such a display of morals on this thread. I did not expect it and Its giving me some hope for the human race in general. I have a chocolate lab and make no mistake about it. He is my best friend. What Vick did disgusts me and I will never forgive him for it. However, Vick would be a massive upgrade over Henne and those of you that disagree just don't watch football. If Vick had been on the Dolphins this whole year we would have a first round ticket to the playoffs, no question. Having said that, I would have a really hard time cheering for that ******* no matter how much better he made us. So the real question is: How much of your morals are you willing to sacrifice to have a much better team?

Two words: People change.
Well. More than that, i would hope the front office would do their due diligence and talk to the guy and find out if he is that same dog-fighting person or did he actually change for the better and if he has I offer two more words...
Redemption and forgiveness.

PhinsTD
11-07-2010, 11:53 PM
**** you, pal. You make me sick. Your absolute disregard for the life of a defenseless dog sickens me. Rot in hell.

Your schtick was funny when it was fire Henning, but you're getting a little out of line don't you think?

Disliking the acts is perfectly understandable, but some of the other comments aren't needed IMHO.

abNORMal
11-07-2010, 11:55 PM
This thread has been as entertaining as I'd hoped when I clicked on it.

At this point, I just want to win games. I'd probably strongly dislike Vick his entire time here, but I'd live with it. I'm sure there are things the players on our team do that we wouldn't like to hear about all the time. I don't approve of it, but I try to separate personal feelings from professional feelings.

Same here, and if he took us to a Superbowl Victory, it would be easier to sparate those feelings...I just want to win, really bad and stop getting **** from people for being a Phins fan. Even my daughters say "why do you root for them, they always lose."

Mogwai
11-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Your schtick was funny when it was fire Henning, but you're getting a little out of line don't you think?

Disliking the acts is perfectly understandable, but some of the other comments aren't needed IMHO.
His response was exactly what he was responding to deserved.

Penthos
11-07-2010, 11:58 PM
His response was exactly what he was responding to deserved.

This.

I was going to say the same thing.

zackmandude63
11-08-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm all for Miami drafting Ryan Mallet and having him and Henne battle it out.

Ray_Finkle#5
11-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Two words: People change.
Well. More than that, i would hope the front office would do their due diligence and talk to the guy and find out if he is that same dog-fighting person or did he actually change for the better and if he has I offer two more words...
Redemption and forgiveness.
everybody sorry after they get caught. if he didnt think it was wrong how come he didnt have a big billboard out front of his house saying "dogfights, tonight, 8pm" He knew what he was doing. it was completely premeditated. its not like he slipped and fell into a dogfight, only doing it once. he had to go through extensive process setting all this up. he never stopped and thought "hey im worth 100 million, maybe i shouldn't do this.
and that decision is why i wouldnt want on my team. bad decision making is not what you want on your team (this applies to Rothlesberger too for all the race baters.) also would you want to pay 12mil plus a year for a guy thats gonna sit on the I/R or PUP list for most of the year

abNORMal
11-08-2010, 12:14 AM
everybody sorry after they get caught. if he didnt think it was wrong how come he didnt have a big billboard out front of his house saying "dogfights, tonight, 8pm" He knew what he was doing. it was completely premeditated. its not like he slipped and fell into a dogfight, only doing it once. he had to go through extensive process setting all this up. he never stopped and thought "hey im worth 100 million, maybe i shouldn't do this.
and that decision is why i wouldnt want on my team. bad decision making is not what you want on your team (this applies to Rothlesberger too for all the race baters.) also would you want to pay 12mil plus a year for a guy thats gonna sit on the I/R or PUP list for most of the year

Sounds like it was quite popular,so no need to advertise....and if every person who made a bad decision was never allowed to move past it, Chad Henne would probably still be stuck in kindergarten.....I get your point though.

Penthos
11-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Sounds like it was quite popular,so no need to advertise....and if every person who made a bad decision was never allowed to move past it, Chad Henne would probably still be stuck in kindergarten.....I get your point though.

Not to beleaguer the point here but we're not talking about a single bad decision.

abNORMal
11-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Not to beleaguer the point here but we're not talking about a single bad decision.
Well, if we're talking dogfighting, I would say it was single bad decision, that snowballed. But if you are referring to MV's "other" antics, then I agree...but by the same token..he is no Pac Man Jones either..

Ray_Finkle#5
11-08-2010, 12:24 AM

not "a bad decision" he didnt have a few to many and drive home this is not a bad decision. it is a bad mentality, its the act of bad decision making. failure to see the big picture. some people are bad singers, Vick makes bad decisions. he really showed he turned his life around by throwing a that birthday party where one of his buddy got killed. His athleticism will take him so far His 2nd start- cracked ribs.

Penthos
11-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Well, if we're talking dogfighting, I would say it was single bad decision, that snowballed. But if you are referring to MV's "other" antics, then I agree...but by the same token..he is no Pac Man Jones either..

I don't know how you can call a six-year long continuing criminal enterprise of an interstate dog fighting a single bad decision.

mongos
11-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Say no to Punk, Gangster, Dog Killers.

DOLFaN 4 LiFe
11-08-2010, 02:51 AM
First post here but a long time reader, watching Henne is making me sick. Donte Stallworth goes out and kills a HUMAN BEING, not a bunch of dogs, and gets a slap on the wrist. No one talks about that yet Michael Vick has shown throughout this year that he's improved as a quarterback and that he's cleaned up his record yet people would give up their love for the fins if we signed him??? That's completely ridiculous he'd only make this team better, but that's not saying much with Henne at QB. Some people amaze me....

hemidemon
11-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Hell no to Vick!!!

roy_miami
11-08-2010, 04:34 AM
Of course. Now I am supposed to forgive him for his ignorance? Only a 100% pure idiot would not understand the gravity of that before being caught. Please.

It was part of his culture, he was brought up around it. Yes I'm sure he knew what he was doing was wrong as far as the law goes but if you're family brings you up around things like this its hard to break the mold. Maybe in 100 years the majority will consider boiling lobsters alive immoral and disgusting, maybe even animal abuse, does that make us lobster eaters criminal pigs?

Vick paid a lot more to society than 99.9% of everybody thats ever been caught for dog fighting. It was a good message to send and I agree with the punishment to set an example but he has paid enough.

Jr. Gong
11-08-2010, 04:42 AM
No, I will not watch them. I won't route for another team I would be done with the NFL at that point. I'll put up with 1-15, or today's embarrasing loss but I'm not supporting a team that signs Vick.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life.

You support Ricky Williams though, right, a guy who QUIT on this entire organization and fan base?

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

Say no to Punk, Gangster, Dog Killers.

"Gangster"? Hmmm. I wonder where you got that from! I bet I have an idea though.

Scrap
11-08-2010, 07:10 AM
You are a waste of oxygen. Your post proves so.

Scrap
11-08-2010, 07:13 AM
He got a second chance after killing the first dog.

Scrap
11-08-2010, 07:14 AM

Ahh....race card. Never heard that one.

Scrap
11-08-2010, 07:16 AM
you can only murder another human being and so what if we eat cows and chickens? some cultures eat dogs so are they allowed to kill them? what about hunters "murdering" deer and such...they're not starving, they could go to publix and get some meat, why should they be allowed to torture wild animals and hunt them? fact is dogs are property just like chickens and cows and if you want to fight them, jail them, or "murder" them you have every right to because you own them and paid for them, they do not have rights like human beings do Not per the law. But if we are into breaking the law......

Scrap
11-08-2010, 07:18 AM
[QUOTE=Penthos;1063661767]A terrible mistake? If he got one dog killed in a dogfight that would be a terrible mistake and I might understand. But he was in the business of killing dogs for YEARS. That's hundreds of times more than "A" terrible mistake.

Everyone deserves a second chance? Says who? It depends on what it was they did the first time that would determine if it merits a second chance. Murdering countless dogs for entertainment doesn't merit it in my book.[

Feel free to stop by my house with that attitude.

NCPhinatic
11-08-2010, 07:41 AM
I would not support him being on this team. As I would not support ANY convicted criminal playing for the Dolphins. I don't think anybody who has been convicted and served time should ever play in the NFL.

MarshallFin1
11-08-2010, 08:17 AM
il take him, anything over henne.

abNORMal
11-08-2010, 12:34 PM
It seems that the people who are judging him for his football ability, would be OK with Vick being on our team. And the folks that are judging him based on how they perceive his character want nothing to do with him....

Does anyone think he is not an upgrade, based just on his playing ability?

X-Pacolypse
11-08-2010, 12:49 PM
It seems that the people who are judging him for his football ability, would be OK with Vick being on our team. And the folks that are judging him based on how they perceive his character want nothing to do with him....

Based upon his playing ability, no he is not an upgrade.

X-Pacolypse
11-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Die Michael Die.

TheBizzness
11-08-2010, 01:12 PM
LOLOLOL@His play is not an upgrade.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Scrap
11-08-2010, 02:51 PM

Playing ability....he certainly would be an upgrade.

ckparrothead
11-08-2010, 04:28 PM
The dog killing thing is upsetting, but I agree he was punished for that pretty well. I even agree with the angle that if you really look at how stray dogs are treated due to societal neglect, and especially the poultry industry, then it's hard to feel especially angry about the dog torturing industry that Vick was a part of.

However, having Quanis Phillips shot in the leg at his birthday party this year shows me that just like the name of his dog killing enterprise, the guy is bad news, always has been bad news, and always will be bad news.

There are two quarterbacks in this league that I would leave the Dolphins as a fan if they were to come here. They are Michael Vick and Ben Roethlisberger. If they're here, you won't find me here anymore. I'll find another team, or just focus on college and draft stuff. I'm just not interested in cheering on or following a Miami Dolphins team that includes either one of those players. I would rather lose without them than win with them. Not that the Dolphins would do a whole lot of winning if Vick were to come to Miami. That would also be a mistake from a football standpoint, not just a moral standpoint.

abNORMal
11-08-2010, 05:12 PM
The dog killing thing is upsetting, but I agree he was punished for that pretty well. I even agree with the angle that if you really look at how stray dogs are treated due to societal neglect, and especially the poultry industry, then it's hard to feel especially angry about the dog torturing industry that Vick was a part of.

However, having Quanis Phillips shot in the leg at his birthday party this year shows me that just like the name of his dog killing enterprise, the guy is bad news, always has been bad news, and always will be bad news.

There are two quarterbacks in this league that I would leave the Dolphins as a fan if they were to come here. They are Michael Vick and Ben Roethlisberger. If they're here, you won't find me here anymore. I'll find another team, or just focus on college and draft stuff. I'm just not interested in cheering on or following a Miami Dolphins team that includes either one of those players. I would rather lose without them than win with them. Not that the Dolphins would do a whole lot of winning if Vick were to come to Miami. That would also be a mistake from a football standpoint, not just a moral standpoint.

I did not see any reports that said Vick had Phillips shot...I don't know if that's what you meant to say, but it can be read that way. I get your point about him still having issues, I completely forgot about that incident, though.

But from a football standpoint, how is he not a better option than Henne?

DeathStar
11-08-2010, 05:25 PM
He paid his debt to society...

He looks amazing last night vs Indy...

Much better than Henne. We have so many biased fans.

Jr. Gong
11-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I did not see any reports that said Vick had Phillips shot...I don't know if that's what you meant to say, but it can be read that way. I get your point about him still having issues, I completely forgot about that incident, though.

But from a football standpoint, how is he not a better option than Henne?

Didn't you hear? Guilt by association, especially when you are a "gangster"

Jr. Gong
11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Die Michael Die.

And this makes you better than Michael Vick right? Actually you're worse.

Gotta love someone hating on Michael Vick for his situation in the "dog killing" industry, yet going out of their way to wish death on the guy! Michael Vick's character > your character.

And lol @ Michael Vick not being an upgrade. His IMPACT ON THE GAME OVERALL is at an MVP level right now. Do you watch football outside of the Dolphins? I mean, I don't blame you if the Dolphins make you not want to watch football, but at least come out and admit that.

Mogwai
11-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Didn't you hear? Guilt by association, especially when you are a "gangster"
Running an illegal dog fighting and gambling ring is "gangster" on several levels including some very direct literal definitions of the term. Stop being ridiculous.

outlawd2u
11-08-2010, 05:33 PM
For all of you saying you'd no longer be a fan of the Phins if Vick came here there are 2-3 bandwagon fans that we'd gain if he did. Like him or not he still garnishes a huge interest from fans and puts people in seats. Now I Hate what he did, it's absolutley despicable and he should rot in hell for it, but would I support him if he joined the Phins and hellped them make a deep playoff push? Ehhh, I don't know. Morally I'd like to say no but my desperation to see a good football team in Miami can surely lead to poor decisions.

napsndreds
11-08-2010, 05:33 PM
so what if he is a gangster? Which he isnt but so freakin what if he is? Playing like that be gangster all you want....Seems as if the gangsters are winning now a days.

Penthos
11-08-2010, 05:37 PM
And this makes you better than Michael Vick right? Actually you're worse.

Gotta love someone hating on Michael Vick for his situation in the "dog killing" industry, yet going out of their way to wish death on the guy! Michael Vick's character > your character.

That's absolutely ridiculous. Wishing someone dead is not comparable to actually making domesticated animals fight to the death. There's plenty of people on this planet I wish would just die cause we'd be better off without them. To argue that this makes me a worse person than someone like Vick is basically like saying that a persons character should be judged by their thoughts and not there actions. If that was the case, we'd probably all be in jail.

EJay
11-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Interestingly enough, Michael Vick currently leads the NFL in QB rating at 105.3. For a guy that allegedly isn't too effective throwing the ball, he's sure doing a great job this season. Ask DeSean Jackson, who's production skyrockets with Vick behind center.

Have the Eagles lost a game that Vick started AND finished? He didn't start the GB game and the Redskins game was the one where he was injured.

dolpns13
11-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Nope.. If they did bring in Vick.. It would be hard for me to support the team.. a game is a game.. morality is morality

X-Pacolypse
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Nope.. If they did bring in Vick.. It would be hard for me to support the team.. a game is a game.. morality is morality

Exactly. The Miami Dolphins are not bigger than my princples and morals. Anybody, that is sick, twisted, and evil enough to inflict harm on innocent dogs sicken me to my very foundation and those "people" who partake in such events should be sentenced to death. Any team that signs Vick is basically saying: "we condone dogfighting."

That's why I would leave the Dolphins fanbase if the team signed Vick. Death to Michael Vick and may he forever rot in the depths of Hell!

Jr. Gong
11-08-2010, 08:27 PM
That's absolutely ridiculous. Wishing someone dead is not comparable to actually making domesticated animals fight to the death. There's plenty of people on this planet I wish would just die cause we'd be better off without them. To argue that this makes me a worse person than someone like Vick is basically like saying that a persons character should be judged by their thoughts and not there actions. If that was the case, we'd probably all be in jail.

Sigh. Unfortunately, well, actually.... fortunately, I don't give enough of a **** to entertain this ridiculous argument to continue. I disagree with everything you said there so there's no point in keeping it going.

You win.

Penthos
11-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Sigh. Unfortunately, well, actually.... fortunately, I don't give enough of a **** to entertain this ridiculous argument to continue. I disagree with everything you said there so there's no point in keeping it going.

You win.

I accept your apology.

j-off-her-doll
11-08-2010, 10:09 PM
For the record, I only eat free range meat, and I'd encourage everyone to watch the film Food Inc.

I think it's deplorable for any human to disregard the lives of animals. If you eat meat, I feel that you should have respect and appreciation for your source of food. I also think that one should limit his/her meat intake. Today for example, I didn't eat meat. This is just to say that I don't hate Mike Vick only because I have a dog.

I hate Mike Vick because he's a sociopath; I hate him because he turned dogs against each other; I hate him because people like him cause insurance companies to take ridiculous stands against pit bulls; I hate him because people like him cause thousands of pit bulls to be put down every day (at most shelters, they put pit bulls down as soon as they come in); I hate him because he tortured and killed dogs that underperformed - aka couldn't fight their nature enough to viciously attack other dogs.

If you think he "paid for his mistake" and "should be allowed to go on with his life," you're a ****ing moron and a piece of **** in your own right. If someone drug Mike Vick from the back of a pick up from Philly to San Diego, he still wouldn't have fully "paid for his mistake." **** Mike Vick, and **** you if you don't have the sense to hate him.

72champagne
11-08-2010, 10:11 PM
matt ryan & wade phillips threads get removed immediately but this scumbag sticks like somebody wants to suck it.

abNORMal
11-09-2010, 12:25 AM
For the record, I only eat free range meat, and I'd encourage everyone to watch the film Food Inc.

I think it's deplorable for any human to disregard the lives of animals. If you eat meat, I feel that you should have respect and appreciation for your source of food. I also think that one should limit his/her meat intake. Today for example, I didn't eat meat. This is just to say that I don't hate Mike Vick only because I have a dog.

I hate Mike Vick because he's a sociopath; I hate him because he turned dogs against each other; I hate him because people like him cause insurance companies to take ridiculous stands against pit bulls; I hate him because people like him cause thousands of pit bulls to be put down every day (at most shelters, they put pit bulls down as soon as they come in); I hate him because he tortured and killed dogs that underperformed - aka couldn't fight their nature enough to viciously attack other dogs.

If you think he "paid for his mistake" and "should be allowed to go on with his life," you're a ****ing moron and a piece of **** in your own right. If someone drug Mike Vick from the back of a pick up from Philly to San Diego, he still wouldn't have fully "paid for his mistake." **** Mike Vick, and **** you if you don't have the sense to hate him.

Free range animals still go to the slaughter house... And if you value the life of a dog to be equal to, or more valuable than any human life (vick included) that would suggest that you sir, are the moron.

abNORMal
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM

For rational people, most actions begin as thoughts.
And wishing death on someone is pretty heinous.

j-off-her-doll
11-09-2010, 12:59 AM
Free range animals still go to the slaughter house... And if you value the life of a dog to be equal to, or more valuable than any human life (vick included) that would suggest that you sir, are the moron.

1. What makes a dog's life less valuable than a human's? If you can give me an answer that isn't based in religion and doesn't justify killing the mentally disabled, I'll give you a cookie.
2. I absolutely value a dog's life more than Mike Vick's. Mike Vick willingly tortured and killed animals and showed no remorse until he was caught. Dogs are great.
3. You don't know what you're talking about in terms of free range animals, etc.
4. Who's the moron?
5. Someone should slap the person responsible for teaching you punctuation.

Penthos
11-09-2010, 02:10 AM
And how is that exactly? Has a dog ever dropped a nuclear bomb on another country? Has a dog ever tested STDs on unsuspecting villagers in the third world? Has a dog ever embezzled your life savings or hunted another species to extinction? Has a dog ever started a war on non-believers in the name of it's God?

Offerdahl is exactly right. Dogs are MUCH more benign than people. It's only our own twisted sense of self importance that makes some of us think that we are somehow better than any other living creature. When in reality, we are usually much much worse.

Scrap
11-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Free range animals still go to the slaughter house... And if you value the life of a dog to be equal to, or more valuable than any human life (vick included) that would suggest that you sir, are the moron.No one has to assume that any living creature's life is more valuable than the next. That would be human arrogance. Their's is no more important than ours, and we are no more important than any other. The problem lies in the fact that we, as human beings, sometimes choose to torture for entertainment purposes. That is a sick and twisted train of thought.

Scrap
11-09-2010, 07:21 AM
1. What makes a dog's life less valuable than a human's? If you can give me an answer that isn't based in religion and doesn't justify killing the mentally disabled, I'll give you a cookie.
2. I absolutely value a dog's life more than Mike Vick's. Mike Vick willingly tortured and killed animals and showed no remorse until he was caught. Dogs are great.
3. You don't know what you're talking about in terms of free range animals, etc.
4. Who's the moron?

Actually, to argue religion would assume that that particular religion is correct. It would assume that all other religions are not valid and (without proof) would be a completely opinionated statement. Just wanted to throw that out there before the religion issue entered the debate.

Scrap
11-09-2010, 07:22 AM
And how is that exactly? Has a dog ever dropped a nuclear bomb on another country? Has a dog ever tested STDs on unsuspecting villagers in the third world? Has a dog ever embezzled your life savings or hunted another species to extinction? Has a dog ever started a war on non-believers in the name of it's God?

Offerdahl is exactly right. Dogs are MUCH more benign than people. It's only our own twisted sense of self importance that makes some of us think that we are somehow better than any other living creature. When in reality, we are usually much much worse. (Our human existence is one of arrogance.

j-off-her-doll
11-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Actually, to argue religion would assume that that particular religion is correct. It would assume that all other religions are not valid and (without proof) would be a completely opinionated statement. Just wanted to throw that out there before the religion issue entered the debate.

That was my point.

abNORMal
11-16-2010, 09:28 AM
4. Who's the moron?

1. The Law...look at the penalty MV got for his crime. Do you think he gets the same penalty if he treated people that way? Just go ahead and send the cookie.
2. Dogs are NOT great. I suggest you look up the definition the word great.
3. Do your research....It is as simple as checking Wiki.
4. The man in your mirror.
5. Really? c'mon man.

You all need to get off of your high horses, your soap boxes, or whatever you are on. Vick is back in the NFL and playing great ball. So, get over it. I don't give a shat about you, or your dog loving ways.
I just wondered if you guys thought he would be an upgrade over our current QB's, and you guys turned this into a dogs are better than people discussion!