PDA

View Full Version : Buffs AD Bohn has a coach to pick

X-Pacolypse
11-10-2010, 12:03 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_16569468

Mako
11-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Most prominent rumor I'm hearing is that Bill McCartney's coming out of retirement to coach the Buffs again, and he'll be bringing in Eric Bieniemy as his Associate Head Coach/ Offensive Coordinator with plans that he'll take over as head coach by 2015 at the latest.

ChambersWI
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Most prominent rumor I'm hearing is that Bill McCartney's coming out of retirement to coach the Buffs again, and he'll be bringing in Eric Bieniemy as his Associate Head Coach/ Offensive Coordinator with plans that he'll take over as head coach by 2015 at the latest.

McCartney would be a bad choice. Yes he is a Colorado legend, but he's been out of the game for 17 years.

One thing you have to give Hawkins props for, there is talent on this Colorado team. Problem is Hawkins was a HORRIBLE coach on the BCS level

Mako
11-10-2010, 06:26 PM
McCartney would be a bad choice. Yes he is a Colorado legend, but he's been out of the game for 17 years.

One thing you have to give Hawkins props for, there is talent on this Colorado team. Problem is Hawkins was a HORRIBLE coach on the BCS level

I give him props for cleaning the program up. He's the first one to leave the program without it being a scandal ridden mess.

I also agree McCartney wouldn't be the best of choices. To be honest, I think their best viable choice is Troy Calhoun, but I don't see him leaving Air Force.