PDA

View Full Version : Good news and bad news/get Henne off the team

Flip Tanneflop
11-14-2010, 05:42 PM
First lets start with the good news.........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We FINALLY win a home game! Nice job by the D all day.

More good news....... Henne is injured. Thats right, I said injured. Go ahead and pout because I said thats a good thing. Problem is, the morons running the team might not sit him if he isnt.

Here's the bad news.......

Noodle is injured. Thigpen, despite a brilliant final drive, is very questionable in terms of playing QB the rest of the season. I mean, its better than looking at Henne out there, but Thigpen can be wild at times. Again, Id play him over Henne anyday, but the fact is we might not have a QB the rest of the season. It all depends on if Thigpen can make the big plays he is capable of without the big turnovers.

So the season could be over. If Thigpen cant get it done, we know Henne cant.

Here's another big problem.......... If Henne isnt hurt badly, these morons might play Henne. And here are some suggestions to fix that.

Just cut the dude already. I cant look at him anymore. I really cant. Im sick of watching this bum play QB for our team. He's a ****ing joke out there. Fasano and Marshall both want to strangle the guy. He made like 3 good plays the whole game.(Two passes to Fasano and the nice pass to Cobbs for the TD). He actually played much better than he normally does, and yet he was still ****ing horrible out there. I know we need QBs on the roster at this point, but can we pick up ANYBODY just so we can dump Henne? Id rather watch the wildcat on every play than look at Henne anymore.

joeyme_2004
11-14-2010, 05:47 PM
You make me giggle

DzakkH13
11-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Henne played well in the second half. Took some shots and made one bad throw to Marshall.

I am VERY worried if Thigpen starts the rest of the year. The guy makes plays, but makes just as many bad as he does good. I think Thigpen starts on Thursday.

oasis
11-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Wow....your disdain for Henne is almost reaching John Beck levels.

Motcrue4
11-14-2010, 05:49 PM
this is unreal.

Fin #10
11-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Henne is awful. Not sure bout the whole crowbar thing, but he is awful

Mr. Magoo
11-14-2010, 05:53 PM
I can think of something else for you to do with that crowbar.

DocHolliday187
i thought penny was going to save us? didn't last 2 plays

phinfan33
as much as i don't care for ur harping on us missing out on Matt Ryan WV,i have to admit that i'm on ur bandwagon about Henne...i watch him play and i don't see a QB who inspires his teammates to play hard or give it their all..Marshall and Fasano both looked like they wanted to rip him a new one cause of his crappy ball placement...Marshall was just pissed and frustrated as hell out there with Henne,as was Fasano,and nobody can blame them...i had such hopes for Chad Henne,but not anymore...i'd rather they not just cut him,but trade him for a draft pick if they plan to get rid of him...and if Andrew Luck comes out,then do whatever is necessary to trade up and get him...

Flip Tanneflop
11-14-2010, 05:54 PM

It is. It really is. I cant ****ing stand him anymore. I cant take watching him attempt to play QB. Its a joke. Brandon Marshall feels the same way and it shows.

nopokerinoot
11-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Every part of the offense played better when henne left the field. He didn't win this game. He managed 1 td drive which was an enormous 13 yards. The offense hates him. Probably because he is a condescending idiot.

vagrantprodigy
11-14-2010, 05:57 PM
You are delusional. Thigpen is just plain wild. Go sober up, then come back when you can think clearly.

Ricky4Life
I want a new qb this offseason.

phinfan33
It is. It really is. I cant ****ing stand him anymore. I cant take watching him attempt to play QB. Its a joke. Brandon Marshall feels the same way and it shows.as much as Marshall has been biting his tongue and not throwing Henne under the bus,and i commend him for that,he sure didn't hide his frustration today...

phinfan33
11-14-2010, 05:58 PM
I want a new qb this offseason.you&me both

RobertHorry
You always have been one of the worst. Nice apologists thread last week for Henne. You were sitting right there in the stadium and couldnt see that Henne blows. Keep pinning it all on Henning, who called a brilliant game today. The plays are out there to be made, but Chad Henne cant make them. He's terrible.

I'm sure I am one of the worst when you are constantly told to stop posting and have a pretty bad opinion on football.

If you honestly think Thigpen is better than Henne, that says it all.

Gsmack_42
There's not a gun to you're head, you hate it so much don't watch it.

Pinkboy
11-14-2010, 06:00 PM
You hate Henne... okay, we get it already.

zach8111
11-14-2010, 06:01 PM
First lets start with the good news.........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We FINALLY win a home game! Nice job by the D all day.

More good news....... Henne is injured. Thats right, I said injured. Go ahead and pout because I said thats a good thing. Problem is, the morons running the team might not sit him if he isnt.

Noodle is injured. Thigpen, despite a brilliant final drive, is very questionable in terms of playing QB the rest of the season. I mean, its better than looking at Henne out there, but Thigpen can be wild at times. Again, Id play him over Henne anyday, but the fact is we might not have a QB the rest of the season. It all depends on if Thigpen can make the big plays he is capable of without the big turnovers.

Here's another big problem.......... If Henne isnt hurt badly, these morons might play Henne. And here are some suggestions to fix that.

1) Just cut the dude already. I cant look at him anymore. I really cant. Im sick of watching this bum play QB for our team. He's a ****ing joke out there. Fasano and Marshall both want to strangle the guy. He made like 3 good plays the whole game.(Two passes to Fasano and the nice pass to Cobbs for the TD). He actually played much better than he normally does, and yet he was still ****ing horrible out there. I know we need QBs on the roster at this point, but can we pick up ANYBODY just so we can dump Henne? Id rather watch the wildcat on every play than look at Henne anymore.

2) Seeing as I know they wont cut him, basically we cant even if we wanted to, if this guy isnt injured for the rest of the season, can someone smash his face a couple of times with a god damned crowbar? Seriously. **** CHAD HENNE! I cant ****ing stand him. He's so ****ing horrible. Maybe Marshall and Fasano should just tie him up and beat the **** out of him with bars of soap wrapped in a towel.

i cant stand when you post anymore.... all that i have seen from you is you get a huge boner when you hear matt ryans name and nomatter how good any of our QBs play you bash them. Henne had a solid game today and your out there saying someone needs to take a crowbar to his face? you an *** and need to be banned for the stupid **** you post

tylerdolphin
11-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Henne played well in the second half. Took some shots and made one bad throw to Marshall.

I am VERY worried if Thigpen starts the rest of the year. The guy makes plays, but makes just as many bad as he does good. I think Thigpen starts on Thursday.
Thats the thing with Henne. He plays well for a 5 or 6 play stretch, usually when he gets hitting those crossing/hook routes. But the second you ask him to make any throw that requires touch, he is done. He cant throw deep, hit a corner route, ect. Its a real liability.

Also, he is always a beat late on throws. He never throws just before a receiver is open. He waits until he is wide open, and by that time the defense also realizes that the receiver is open and converges. Basically, Henne is good enough to have stretches where he looks decent, but he has serious limitation that are going to prevent him from ever truly being a top 15 QB.

Bell37
11-14-2010, 06:04 PM
you are either the most brilliant troll to ever exist, or the dumbest **** i've ever encountered

i've seen you post for a while now, and i'm pretty sure it's the latter of the two

PhinsTD
11-14-2010, 06:04 PM
I have seen enough of both QB's to know neither is the answer.

That said, Henne was actually capable of having a series where he went 8-8, and he still left points on the field with poor ball placement.

The team seemed to play with more energy when Thigpen was in the game, and I KNOW he's not the answer.

madmic21
11-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Zzzzzzzz

tylerdolphin
11-14-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm sure I am one of the worst when you are constantly told to stop posting and have a pretty bad opinion on football.
WV has been on the money more often than not. He was calling Henne a backup long before I saw the light.

SuperBowlDream
11-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Too quick to harp on Thigpen...I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he proves he can't play (*See C Henne).

So far this year all Thigpen has done is sealed a win and looked lights out doing it. Lets don't get all Henne love on Thigpen but lets give the guy a chance before we say what he can/cannot do...

All I know right now is that on the Dolphins radio network they gave the game ball to Thigpen today...Thats 1 more than any other Dolphins QB has this year.

zach8111
11-14-2010, 06:08 PM
I want a new qb this offseason.

better not hope for stanzi or its will be another wasted pick

Ricky'sWeinerBong
11-14-2010, 06:09 PM
No offense WV, but just cut Glass Shoulder already. dude is done. straight up finished.

Marino87
11-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I like that fact that fasano comes over and chews his *** out but when fasano cant catch an easy thrown ball i don't see anyone chewing his *** out. Fasano has some terrible hands and is just plain out slow. Somebody just get me some game changers on offense, all we have is marshall. Bess is awesome but he isn't what most people would classify as a play maker or game changer.

RobertHorry
11-14-2010, 06:10 PM
WV has been on the money more often than not. He was calling Henne a backup long before I saw the light.

Umm no. Henne isn't a backup. Did you see what he did when we switched to a spacing set offense in the 2nd half? He was passing all over the Titans.

zach8111

and he only said that based on the fact that hes in love with matt ryan and is mad miami didnt draft him. he would have said that about any QB we took over ryan

Flip Tanneflop
Thats the thing with Henne. He plays well for a 5 or 6 yard stretch, usually when he gets hitting those crossing/hook routes. But the second you ask him to make any throw that requires touch, he is done. He cant throw deep, hit a corner route, ect. Its a real liability.

Also, he is always a beat late on throws. He never throws just before a receiver is open. He waits until he is wide open, and by that time the defense also realizes that the receiver is open and converges. Basically, Henne is good enough to have stretches where he looks decent, but he has serious limitation that are going to prevent him from ever truly being a top 15 QB.

This sums up Henne pretty well.

nopokerinoot
11-14-2010, 06:11 PM
No offense WV, but just cut Glass Shoulder already. dude is done. straight up finished.
He will probably be placed on IR.

dabeastdabone
I've never had a problem with WV but it's clear there is nothing Henne can do to change his opinion. Henne played a good game today. people might consider Thigpin had a nice lead when he came in.

Mr. Magoo

So you think it's "on the money" for him to suggest that someone go find Chad Henne and bash him repeatedly in the face with a crowbar? I think because you're friends with him you let him get away with totally inflammatory incitements to violence that would get literally anyone else on this board permabanned.

Flip Tanneflop
11-14-2010, 06:12 PM
and he only said that based on the fact that hes in love with matt ryan and is mad miami didnt draft him. he would have said that about any QB we took over ryan

Thats completely false.

Many of us have pointed out the exact reasons Henne isnt any good.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
11-14-2010, 06:15 PM
the int Henne threw shows why he isnt progressing. many choose to ignore. Dan Fouts pointed out the obvious. through that ball 2-3 yards to the left so Marshall can keep running to it. why do you think Marshall was so pissed? he also underthrew Hartline by 2 yards or that goes for 6.

Chimera0777
11-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Wow dude. Seriously with the crowbar comment? I don't see how anyone takes you seriously anymore. Henne is far from perfect but he played a good game today. Pennington did not lead the team to that first TD. Henne got the win today and played well doing it. Not great. But he did good and please remember we had no running game at all until Henne left the game. If Thigpen starts Thursday I hope he tears it up and we get to 6-4. He looked pretty good in the one drive that he played. If Henne is hurt then the guy will get his chance to show he can start for us. If Henne is not injured then I don't see why you don't keep the spread offense going and see how it progresses. And maybe see if the running game can continue.

tylerdolphin
11-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Umm no. Henne isn't a backup. Did you see what he did when we switched to a spacing set offense in the 2nd half? He was passing all over the Titans.
Like I said earlier, he is capable of having good stretches. He is a good backup. Ill consider him a starter when he hit ONE corner route, sideline touch pass, hits receivers in stride more regularly or hits more 20+ yard passes. He has serious limitations. He has zero ability to stretch the field. You cant be considered a good starter if you cant throw a bunch of routes.

miamiron
11-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Bring him back
should still be better than what we have

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/82900669_display_image-1.jpg?1274805891

carjackistan
11-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Thats the thing with Henne. He plays well for a 5 or 6 yard stretch, usually when he gets hitting those crossing/hook routes. But the second you ask him to make any throw that requires touch, he is done. He cant throw deep, hit a corner route, ect. Its a real liability.

Essentially, this is it. He's late on too many throws, he absolutely cannot throw the fade to save his life, and on passes that require touch he either throws them too hard or they aren't accurate.

Henne's size and arm strength are what he has going for him. Think Byron Leftwich. Not a terrible QB, can be effective against certain defenses, but you're never gonna get far with him as a starter. I'd be fine with Henne as a backup, but Thigpen can fill that role with less drama.

As hyperbolic as WV is, it's the right approach. Don't get sucked in by those stretches where he plays well...Henne lacks some very important tools to be a top quarterback in this league, and it's pretty unlikely they're gonna suddenly show up if we let Henne start for another season. I don't care who starts the rest of this season, I can see arguments for Henne or Thigpen, but after we play our last game we need to bring in a veteran to start next year, and draft a QB round one if possible.

SRM
11-14-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm with WV on Henne.. not necessarily on cutting him or bashing him in the face with a crowbar, but I just don't think the guy has it. Yeah, he played a decent game, but Henne does NOT do the little things right that good QB's do. Place the ball better on the big Hartline play, it's a TD. Throw the pass to Cobbs, and not 5 yards in front of him, and it's a 1st down. Throw the ball inside, and Marshall has a chance to go for the ball instead of it getting it picked. Lead Hartline on the throw, and he gets to keep running.. instead he has to stop for the bal, gets turned around, and can't get the 1st. Throw the ball in the endzone as Marshall gets open.. easy TD.. instead he waits to see that he is wide open, and then Finnegan recovers to break up the pass.

I see this kind of stuff every game. It's the little things that not everybody notices that is keeping Henne from being legit. He's doing just good enough to not completely suck, but he just looks like a guy throwng the ball. He does not look like a QB to me.

Hayden Fox
11-14-2010, 06:27 PM
I never wish injury on anybody. Get a grip on life, buddy.

mfish41
once we went empty back he started to get a groove, it's funny how much better a qb looks when more than one receiver is running a route most of the time. If henning wants to stay in the conservative mode it should probably be thigpen short passes and getting him moving around. If he wants to open it up, empty the backfield and let henne throw it, he seems to do well with that look. With our philosophy we should probably stay with thigpen.

Daytona Fin
henne 91.4 qb rating today dolphins win. 'nuff said. mods please close this ridiculous thread.

hooshoops
11-14-2010, 06:28 PM
wv's mouthing off and his qb couldn't even make it for more than 1 damn snap without getting hurt...please...penny has been done...done...done...done

hate to say i told you so but lol i told you so

hooshoops
11-14-2010, 06:31 PM

what a waste of ****ing money and time that was...looks like 4 shoulder rebuilds on his resume

but i'm sure some of these goons will want to bring him back...lmao

miamiron
11-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Available free agent QBs from West Virginia
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/morons2520copy-1.jpg

Vaark
11-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Chiffon Shoulder was pre-baked... no surprise there. Great guy, gamer, teammate and inspirational cheerleader... but put a permanent fork in him... even if he recovers, his china doll body is so fragile it's not worth wasting any practices on him if you breathe on him and he can't even make it through 3 plays!

The good news, is he's no longer a distraction and will make a great coach for us if agreeable; the bad news is..... errr, hmmmmm.

However, my mea culpa is to the Thiggy supporters; the electricity on the field was visible with him under center rolling out. I'm now all for giving him a shot if Henne's injured .. and that's even if Penny makes it back.

hooshoops
11-14-2010, 06:36 PM
so i went to the fridge to get a beer after the opening kickoff and when i came back literally in like 2 plays penny was on his way to the lockerroom with his right shoulder about a 3rd lower than where it should be...

lmao....1 damn barely contact hit and he's toast

has to be the record for shortest stint in nfl history from a starting qb...or at least tied for the record

SirDrums
11-14-2010, 06:36 PM
You may dislike a certain player and that is fine, but to celebrate when that player gers inured just shows your lack of class. This is what these guys do for a living. What do you do for a living? How would you feel if you got hurt and where unable to perform your job at work and there were people expressing their joy over that fact.

Grow up people.

tylerdolphin
11-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Yea, Penny is done. I wasnt all that much of a Penny believer in the first place. You can only come back from shoulder surgery so many times.

eomdtbtr
11-14-2010, 06:37 PM

Just cut the dude already. I cant look at him anymore. I really cant. Im sick of watching this bum play QB for our team. He's a ****ing joke out there. Fasano and Marshall both want to strangle the guy. He made like 3 good plays the whole game.(Two passes to Fasano and the nice pass to Cobbs for the TD). He actually played much better than he normally does, and yet he was still ****ing horrible out there. I know we need QBs on the roster at this point, but can we pick up ANYBODY just so we can dump Henne? Id rather watch the wildcat on every play than look at Henne anymore.

I am mostly a reader here, and barely post, but this thread is absolutely dispicable. While I do not agree with most of what you say, atleast you generally put together logical arguments. This however crosses the line. The fact that you would ever wish a serious injury on any player let alone a dolphins one is terrible. There are things larger than football my friend and while you may not like the way in which Chad Henne plays QB, he seems to be a farely good guy, who has family and a wife who love him. Critique his mechanics, or that he is "robotic," or that he'll never be a starter, but the fact that you are happy about this is just sad WV.

hooshoops
11-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Yea, Penny is done. I wasnt all that much of a Penny believer in the first place. You can only come back from shoulder surgery so many times.

but wv's so damn right according to you...

Flip Tanneflop
11-14-2010, 06:40 PM
You may dislike a certain player and that is fine, but to celebrate when that player gers inured just shows your lack of class. This is what these guys do for a living. What do you do for a living? How would you feel if you got hurt and where unable to perform your job at work and there were people expressing their joy over that fact.

Grow up people.

:lol: Lmao its so funny you say that because I actually was injured and unable to perform my job last year and Im sure there were people excited over the fact. :lol:

Etuoo33
11-14-2010, 06:41 PM
I hope this makes this a**h**e happy. Never have I seen a guy with a hard on for so many of the players that make this team go. The glass is always 1/3 empty for this guy. I'm thinking he's a NE troll. I'm not sure why he bothers f***ing with such dribble as the Miami Dolphins... there's never anything good to say. His HERO lasted all of what 2 plays ... but he's still happy the guy that had us in the lead is crippled. This is why people say "with friends like him, who needs Jests trolls". FOAD.

hooshoops
11-14-2010, 06:41 PM
for the record i'm not happy penny got hurt...i just knew this **** was gonna happen again...

Elle Clouds
11-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Henne needs to quit doing the Rheem commercials. Dude is literally dressed as an air conditioning technician in the ads. I smacked myself on the head thinking about how this guy looks better as a tech than an nfl qb.

SirDrums
11-14-2010, 06:46 PM
:lol: Lmao its so funny you say that because I actually was injured and unable to perform my job last year and Im sure there were people excited over the fact. :lol:

THen you should know better WV

tylerdolphin
11-14-2010, 06:47 PM
but wv's so damn right according to you...
Not always. Hes human. Everyone on this forum is. We've all been wrong about things at some point. I just said that WV is right more often than not, which he is. I dont always agree with him, but to say he doesnt know what hes talking about isnt accurate,

dolpns13
11-14-2010, 06:55 PM
it was clear from the game today that the receivers prefer Thigpen over Henne.. Regardless of skill, Thigpen brings more enthusiasm and fire to the QB position than Henne.

Vertical Limit
Henning doesn't even look like a bad OC when it's Thigpen or even Pennington running his plays. Is it really that much of a coincidence?

hooshoops
Not always. Hes human. Everyone on this forum is. We've all been wrong about things at some point. I just said that WV is right more often than not, which he is. I dont always agree with him, but to say he doesnt know what hes talking about isnt accurate,

he knows the game...i'll give him that...he should have known better with pennys health though...

Flip Tanneflop
11-14-2010, 06:56 PM
For the record, yea I went overboard a little on Chad Henne. I mean, obviously the crowbar and soap in a towel bit was a joke, but I have always been on the record about not cheering for guys getting injured.

I gotta say though, I have never hated a player on my own team this bad. Not even John Beck. Culpepper was close to this. But, this is getting out of hand. So I wouldnt say I wanted Henne to get injured, but after the fact that it happened and there wasnt anything in my control about it anyway, yea I was kinda glad he got injured. I cant look at him anymore. Im sick of Chad Henne. I ****ing hate him.

Flip Tanneflop
11-14-2010, 06:57 PM
he knows the game...i'll give him that...he should have known better with pennys health though...

I should have. And I kinda knew there was a good chance he couldnt make it, I even mentioned as much. But, I was really excited to get a real QB in there after watching Henne, and you could tell the team was too.

hooshoops
11-14-2010, 06:58 PM
and dan henning still blows...just cause he dialed up some damn trick plays and actually ran them don't let it fool you...that guy sucks

PerfectFinz72
11-14-2010, 06:59 PM
You lose all credibility when you wish injury upon or celebrate an injury to a player.

Especially on the team YOU root for. Classless.

hooshoops
11-14-2010, 07:00 PM
I should have. And I kinda knew there was a good chance he couldnt make it, I even mentioned as much. But, I was really excited to get a real QB in there after watching Henne, and you could tell the team was too.

one ****ing play dude...can we put this horse out to pasture yet

zach8111
11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
For the record, yea I went overboard a little on Chad Henne. I mean, obviously the crowbar and soap in a towel bit was a joke, but I have always been on the record about not cheering for guys getting injured.

I gotta say though, I have never hated a player on my own team this bad. Not even John Beck. Culpepper was close to this. But, this is getting out of hand. So I wouldnt say I wanted Henne to get injured, but after the fact that it happened and there wasnt anything in my control about it anyway, yea I was kinda glad he got injured. I cant look at him anymore. Im sick of Chad Henne. I ****ing hate him.

so what pushed you over the edge today to post this? the fact that henne had a decent game...

finfan54
11-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Henning doesn't even look like a bad OC when it's Thigpen or even Pennington running his plays. Is it really that much of a coincidence?

seriously? what game were you watchin?

Flip Tanneflop
11-14-2010, 07:05 PM
so what pushed you o ver the edge today to post this? the fact that henne actually had a decent game

Probably the same thing that pushed Fasano and Marshall over the edge. Probably that we were excited to have a real QB in there and then we were right back to Henne's terrible play.

FinFresh
11-14-2010, 07:06 PM
HEY..WV...Let's get another parody up in here!

randomname
11-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Your posts are growing on me WV...

Like a bad toenail fungus. Good ****ing god man, just keeps getting worse.

SnakeoilSeller
11-14-2010, 07:10 PM
I think it is douchey to post you are happy when someone gets injured.

zach8111
11-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Probably the same thing that pushed Fasano and Marshall over the edge. Probably that we were excited to have a real QB in there and then we were right back to Henne's terrible play.

if your calling hennes play today "terrible" then i have to disagree with the the people in this thread that say you do know your stuff about football, because he plays solid, not great but definately not terrible

Akronfinfan36
11-14-2010, 07:14 PM
OP...you make me embarassed to be a Dolphin fan and make Jets fans look classy. You're no better than the Browns fans who sat all around me in the stands and cheered when Dan ruptured his achilles. If the moderators don't ban you from this forum, they have no business banning anyone ever.

NCFINFAN13
11-14-2010, 07:22 PM

LOL! Idk WV. You really, really hated Beck ...
I've been hopeful of Henne, while being honest about his short comings, but it's clear at this point in his career he's nothing but a back up QB. He's lost this team and it's crystal clear by their efforts. Thiggy may not be the answer, but this team, lead or not, seemed to "pop" for Thiggy.
That's definitely good news.

dolphans1
11-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Well, lets get one thing clear, we're not making the playoffs and do not deserve it either.....

d-1

MiamiDolphins34
11-14-2010, 07:55 PM

lmao.......

MiamiDolphins34
11-14-2010, 07:57 PM
WV is loved on FH.

DzakkH13
11-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Thats the thing with Henne. He plays well for a 5 or 6 play stretch, usually when he gets hitting those crossing/hook routes. But the second you ask him to make any throw that requires touch, he is done. He cant throw deep, hit a corner route, ect. Its a real liability.

A touch pass is something you develope. He hit Hartline on two nice deep balls, one was dropped. The kid may not be great right now, but I see a lot of things he does that shows me he CAN be a top 15 QB in this league.

Daytona Fin
11-14-2010, 08:27 PM

marshall is just a whiny biatch diva wr , who cried in denver like this too when he wasnt getting every pass and whined about having to actually make a play on passes. they all cant hit you in the numbers or the hands, but sometimes he cant even handle those. maybe someone needs to start griping at his azz for once.

fasano aint got no room to biatch at anyone

lbmclean_sj
11-14-2010, 08:48 PM

what kind of ****ing ******* cheers an injury?

how ****ing old are you?

I hope instant karma gets you

SabanHater
11-14-2010, 08:50 PM
happy about one of of players getting injured?????? that's f@cked!
Seriously bro... I think you whack off to your Matt Ryan posters a little too much.

TedSlimmJr
11-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I think you're all missing the point.... even WV...

How the hell is it possible for Miami to have 2 quarterbacks knocked out of the game with JAKE LONG at left tackle?

For every single time any of you have ever took one of my posts and twisted it into a "1st round QB's don't guarantee you superbowls".... I want you to think about something...

"Hall of Fame" left tackles don't guarantee that your quarterback is going to finish the game either...

A legitimate quarterback can make his offensive line look better... but a scrub quarterback behind a good offensive line is still a scrub quarterback...

The logic behind passing up franchise caliber quarterbacks for offensive lineman always fails...

Flip Tanneflop
11-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Ive got to apologize here. I shouldnt have said the whole thing about Henne's injury. My bad for being a total douche.

I never root for a guy to get injured, nor did I in this situation. But, Im also not one to be glad people get injured. Im just not that guy.

Let me say I shouldve put it better. I certainly hope Henne isnt seriously hurt. But, I do hope the coaches are smart enough not to play him, even if he is physically capable of playing. How bout if I say he is not seriously injured, but enough so that the coaches are forced to give Thigpen a shot.

I just cant look at Henne playing QB for us anymore. Its tough to watch. He is so bad. 95% of his completions are on hooks, digs, curls, checkdowns, and short drags underneath.

He waits until a guy is totally seperated to throw a pass and therefore is late on a lot of throws that are there, like the one in the back of the endzone to Marshall. He has no ability to throw guys open.

He simply cant play QB in the NFL. His high completion percentage is a testimate to how well the team is working around his deficiancies. Yet, Henning takes a beating for it. Henne is just plain terrible.

Bumpus
11-14-2010, 09:26 PM

Guy on the right ... Clem McLaunchemlong, has a monster arm.

2413fanphins
11-14-2010, 09:30 PM
totally disagree. henne and fasano got into that heated exchange and it LIT A FIRE under fasanos bum!!! dude played lights out the rest of the game. as for the pic to marshall. people have been pissing and moaning for a month to just throw it up to marshall. he should win the one on one 99% of the time. finnegan made him look like a bum today, and I am the beasts biggest supporter. he lost his head today. had a ******* penalty, and was outplayed by lesser talent.

I think your ranting and raving on here is the joke bro. henne played well today. with the usual ******* playcalling from henning.

pennington's Spark lasted five seconds, and was basically burned out before it got lit.

henne played well. had one pick. which as I said before, I don't mind him throwing it up to bmarsh like that. bmarsh will usually come down with that ball. he did against the jets a few weeks ago.

I have relatives in KC. none of them wish they still had thigpen. he gets you all up and than generally poops the bed.

TedSlimmJr
11-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Brandon Marshall is another guy that's walking on thin ice.... his antics and selfishness cost the team momentum on a KEY drive, and a potential TD, resulting in yet ANOTHER field goal...

Go ahead and try to blame Henning for that one too...

2413fanphins
11-14-2010, 09:42 PM
totally agree with you ted slimm... not sure you are directing that at me. but it sure sounds like it. reread my post, I ripped bmarsh for todays performance.

doesnt' change the fact the a titans defensive player came out said that hennings playcalling is transparent.

you watch the games do you not? the playcalling has been suspect for a month or so.

Vertical Limit
11-14-2010, 09:44 PM
You saw that throw Brady just did? That's the type of throws real franchise QB's make, and there's only very few elite QB's in this league and very few with potential to be elite one day, and Henne is not in either group. Henne would never be able to make that throw because he doesn't have the vision or confidence in his ability to make such throws.

Flip Tanneflop
11-14-2010, 09:45 PM
totally agree with you ted slimm... not sure you are directing that at me. but it sure sounds like it. reread my post, I ripped bmarsh for todays performance.

doesnt' change the fact the a titans defensive player came out said that hennings playcalling is transparent.

you watch the games do you not? the playcalling has been suspect for a month or so.

I dont know what it is that you guys cant understand about the FACT that when Chad Henne is the QB, the selection of routes to run are VERY LIMITED.

Granchamp71
11-14-2010, 09:47 PM
You saw that throw Brady just did? That's the type of throws real franchise QB's make, and there's only very few elite QB's in this league and very few with potential to be elite one day, and Henne is not in either group. Henne would never be able to make that throw because he doesn't have the vision or confidence in his ability to make such throws.

So Henne doesn't make throws right now the same way one of the greatest of all time does in his prime? Well, if that's not reason to get rid of him, I don't know what is!

TedSlimmJr

It's directed at anybody that continuously blames everything that goes wrong on Dan Henning, without holding any of the players or head coach accountable for anything they do...

Dan Henning's offense is what it is, I've already attempted to explain it, they knew that when they hired him... but it's not the reason for the lack of execution, lack of talent at key positions, lack of focus by "star" players, and overall lack of competence by the head coach and front office...

finnns2000
It is. It really is. I cant ****ing stand him anymore. I cant take watching him attempt to play QB. Its a joke. Brandon Marshall feels the same way and it shows.

Yeah... he blows, but he's done.

zach8111

who said henne was an elite or had potential to be elite... i have never thought that but like you said, there are very few in the nfl right now.... just becaus ehe isnt an elite QB doesnt mean he doesnt have talent to be a solid QB for us

72champagne
11-14-2010, 09:50 PM
matt ryan is offering a nut to rub. don't hurt yourselves getting over there. http://life.atlantafalcons.com/forum/45-talk-about-the-falcons/

MrEd
11-14-2010, 09:56 PM

Shoot...my disdane for Henne hit that level two weeks ago....I would look at him with a deadly grill...why i sipped my beer and ate my buffalo wings wit a mad face....lol

TedSlimmJr
11-14-2010, 09:58 PM
matt ryan is offering a nut to rub. don't hurt yourselves getting over there. http://life.atlantafalcons.com/forum/45-talk-about-the-falcons/

Looks like you beat us all to it.... hurt yourself much?

Must not have liked the answer you got over there when you asked if they'd take JAKE LONG over Matty Ice?

Bumpus
11-14-2010, 09:59 PM
OP...you make me embarassed to be a Dolphin fan and make Jets fans look classy. You're no better than the Browns fans who sat all around me in the stands and cheered when Dan ruptured his achilles. If the moderators don't ban you from this forum, they have no business banning anyone ever.

Were parts of it distasteful? Yep.

Was it against TOS? Nope.

... There are rules.

Vertical Limit
11-14-2010, 10:04 PM
So Henne doesn't make throws right now the same way one of the greatest of all time does in his prime? Well, if that's not reason to get rid of him, I don't know what is!
The excuses for him is unbelievable. You know who throws a better ball than him? You're not going to like the name but here we go: Mark Sanchez. Sanchez has potential to be elite one day. That hurts doesn't it? Well, it's the ****ing truth. You know who else makes better throws than Henne? Troy ****ing Smith. He just had a better game in his 2nd career start than Henne has had in how many starts now? And he's been bounced around as a journeyman. Sam Bradford has shown a whole lot more than Henne in his rookie season.

You guys are so damn blind and obsessed with the guy and you guys have yet to tell any of us what's so special about Henne, what's so good about his game? What are his strengths? All you guys can come up with is arm strength. David Carr had a cannon too you know, and he was more accurate and much more athletic than Henne ever was. It didn't make him a great QB, because he lacked vision, balls and confidence to be great.

Matt Ryan is being compared to freaking Peyton Manning and we got not a damn QB with the potential to be mentioned like that.

hugoguzman
11-14-2010, 10:06 PM
the int Henne threw shows why he isnt progressing. many choose to ignore. Dan Fouts pointed out the obvious. through that ball 2-3 yards to the left so Marshall can keep running to it. why do you think Marshall was so pissed? he also underthrew Hartline by 2 yards or that goes for 6.

I can't argue with either of the two facts you've stated (he made a bad throw on the INT and he slightly underthrew Hartline).

However, what I think you've missed the mark on is the idea that these two plays are a sign of Henne not progressing. The reality is that Henne has barely thrown downfield all season long. That's a fact (he threw downfield less than virtually every starting quarterback in the league). If he had thrown a pick (or two) in the manner that he had in previous games then I would agree with you, but he didn't.

Those downfield passes, while not perfect, are exactly what Henne needed to do in order to progress. In order to improve his downfield throws, he needs to throw downfield more often.

(by the way, was I the only one that saw Henne throwing it downfield more often as if he finally became aware that there was no need to play it safe to appease the coaching staff any longer?)

Henne had a very Henne-like game today (well over 60% completion percentage, some late throws, some bad touch throws, some absolute laser completions, 1 TD and 1 INT). It would have been nice to see him try to build on his newfound wreckless abandon on downfield throws, but I don't think that's going to happen in 2010.

Therefore, let's move onto Thigpen and see what he can do. I don't have overly high hopes but I sure I'll be happy to be wrong in exchange for seeing an improbable postseason run.

TedSlimmJr
11-14-2010, 10:08 PM
It wasn't newfound reckless abandon or Henne suddenly blowing off the coaching staff... it was a flea flicker..

hugoguzman
11-14-2010, 10:12 PM
It wasn't newfound reckless abandon or Henne suddenly blowing off the coaching staff... it was a flea flicker..

He threw downfield more than once and checked down far less often than usual.

RobertHorry
11-14-2010, 10:15 PM
I dont know what it is that you guys cant understand about the FACT that when Chad Henne is the QB, the selection of routes to run are VERY LIMITED.

Do you honestly know anything about football?

His flaws aren't what you speak of. The selection of routes wideouts to run are NOT limited whatsoever with Henne in the game. Henne can make ANY throw on the field.

The problem with Henne is that his ball location is inconsistent and he tries to be too protective of the ball. What I saw today from him was that he was rifling the throws in from that empty backfield set, much like he was last year. Which was different from the past couple of games where he was throwing it softer and not as much authority.

DolfanISS
11-14-2010, 10:15 PM
First time after a win I'm frustrated and dissapointed. While I thought Penney was the better play at this point I hate seeing both guys get hurt. What's really frustrating is as much as many posters think we suck we are 5-4 with poor QB play. Seriously how could Tennesse not beat us today? Why were they so pass happy? Why do they take CJ out so often? I think had they fed CJ the ball we would have had a tough time stopping it.

So I've only seen Thigpen in limited action, what's his deal. Looks to me like a reckless playmaker who will make us laugh and cry throughout the course of a game.

Also I disagree on Henne's pick being bad ball placement, it was more just a poor decision. Marshall was not going to outrun Finnegan even had Henne led him to the inside.

I'm getting sick of Marshall (flamesuit on). Acts like a baby despite getting no seperation. I'm tired of hearing about just giving Marshall a chance to make a play. Those sound like low percentage plays to me.

Sal Lisitano
11-14-2010, 10:16 PM
WV...the real bad news is that you're a Miami Dolphins fan...but I expect you're a jets fan trying to pose as a Dolphins fan. Henne looked pretty good today. Not perfect but good and played pretty good against a good team. How could a Miami Dolphins fan be happy that a Miami Dolphin got injured??? You are a douch bag...that's a fact!

RobertHorry
11-14-2010, 10:17 PM

I think he broke the pocket and hit Hartline in his hands near the sideline 35 yards down the field?

Or the fade route that went off Hartline's hands too?

phintim
11-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Bla, Bla, Bla the hillbilly is on the move again. Bigger concerns like not being able to run the ball are a little larger than the QB. Anyway Hillbilly you were wrong about Noodle arm because he is on the bench for the rest of the season. Thats right Hillbilly staying healthy is part of being a good or better player and Chad P was a good player. I will one up you I sure we could do better with Dan the Man in there too! Opps he is retired so he can't help either. So Hillbilly whats your next best guess on what the phins can do to make the QB position better huh? Easy to bash those who are in there but lets see your next boy. As far as Marshall being unhappy he just needs to catch the ball he was targeted multible times and not act like a little boy when he gets frustrated. Fasano so they had a mix up in their routes so what. Like I said they need to run the ball really have not been able to that well all season and if they could I can say we would have a better record, 3 healthy QB, happier fans and Hillbilly you would have to go along for the ride. Heres hoping to beat Chicago.

SoCal Finatic
11-14-2010, 11:06 PM
it was clear from the game today that the receivers prefer Thigpen over Henne.. Regardless of skill, Thigpen brings more enthusiasm and fire to the QB position than Henne.

Everyone knows the backup quarterback is the most popular player on the field...that's how it starts at least. We'll see if the honeymoon lasts when (and if) Thiggy has to start a game without the benefit of a lead (that the Henne-led Phins gave him). Regardless, I agree with those that say we need to sign a PROVEN veteran QB this off season. I just don't trust this team to draft another bust.

DolfanDuBbZ~
11-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Who gives a **** about Fasano? The dude is below mediocre to be mild about it. And to be honest, WV wants to say he's glad Henne is out. Well when I seen Glass Joe go out, I laughed and bought a round of shots for the table. Now only if he would go back to NY and retire. Because his playing days are done.

As for Henne. This isn't a playoff team. I rather have him play out the season and go 6-10 or whatever, than go 10-6 and still not the make playoffs but have a 18-22 draft pick. IF Henne isn't the future, let him play out the season and position this team to take a top 10 pick. But that rationale wouldn't be logically for the haters here. Huh WV?

Nawledge
11-14-2010, 11:12 PM
First lets start with the good news.........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We FINALLY win a home game! Nice job (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?288486-Good-news-and-bad-news-get-Henne-off-the-team#) by the D all day.

dude, ur a pathetic excuse for a fan, if you can even be considered one...ur happy someone (on your team nonetheless) gets injured? Thats dispicable. We passed on Matt Ryan, get over it you whiny little *****.

Yamilo
11-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Nice troll post.

Bumpus
11-14-2010, 11:16 PM
I give up on trying to keep up with this thread.

... Off to the Depths we go.

Enjoy.

3pthreat
11-14-2010, 11:19 PM
You are delusional. Thigpen is just plain wild. Go sober up, then come back when you can think clearly.
Where did you see Thigpen being wild, his only poor throw was his first pass, probably nerves... But like the guy said, the offense was better without that non-defense reading robot out there... we need some excitement out there, and i think Thigpen can bring that....

RobertHorry
11-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Where did you see Thigpen being wild, his only poor throw was his first pass, probably nerves... But like the guy said, the offense was better without that non-defense reading robot out there... we need some excitement out there, and i think Thigpen can bring that....

Thigpen cant read a defense worth a crap either.

vagrantprodigy
11-14-2010, 11:34 PM

I've seen thigpen be wild in every game he's played in prior to today. I missed the fourth quarter, I'll watch his 6 throws tomorrow, and then decide about that game.

He'll bring lots of excitement throwing picks to the other team, and missing his receivers down field by like 20 yards

Unlike alot of people around here who hated henne forever, I hope I'm wrong about thigpen, and he progresses. But I won't expect it.

DolfanDuBbZ~
11-14-2010, 11:35 PM

Thigpen has a clear record in the NFL. If you care to research his film from KC you will see the pro's and con's of Thigpen. Difference is, here in MIA he won't have a TE like Tony G to bail him out.

3pthreat
11-14-2010, 11:37 PM
We are going nowhere with Henne out there.. He doesn't have the balls to make plays... at least thigpen does, and he can learn everything else... you can't teach courage... Henne doesn't have any..

3pthreat
11-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Thigpen has a clear record in the NFL. If you care to research his film from KC you will see the pro's and con's of Thigpen. Difference is, here in MIA he won't have a TE like Tony G to bail him out.
No he'll have a WR like Brandon Marshall to...

fins4ever88
11-14-2010, 11:39 PM
This is the first time I've been on the forums in a while. Was looking for news on the extent of the injuries today, and I found it.

I also found a bunch of middle-aged men talking **** about a guy who lead this team back to relevancy in one season and now has his career over, and another kid who has had some growing pains, but has also looked good at times. The internet is a nice cess pool for idiots and douchebags.

SoCal Finatic
11-14-2010, 11:40 PM
who said henne was an elite or had potential to be elite... i have never thought that but like you said, there are very few in the nfl right now.... just becaus ehe isnt an elite QB doesnt mean he doesnt have talent to be a solid QB for us

THANK YOU! That's what I've been saying! Can't believe our QB's are STILL in Marino's shadow! We don't have to have a gun slinging HOF qb to win a Superbowl!!! Duh! Trent Dilfer argument... Lets take a look at Trent's career stats: Pass attempts 3,172Pass completions 1,759Percentage 55.5TD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchdown)-INT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interception_(football)) 113-129Passing yards 20,518QB Rating (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passer_rating) 70.2

3pthreat
11-14-2010, 11:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthigpen/careerstats?id=THI677677

http://www.nfl.com/players/chadhenne/careerstats?id=HEN507580

Here's the link to their numbers.... previous post didn't turnout how i like it.. but in their first seasons in which they both played 14 games

Thigpin 18td 12int
Henne 12tds 14ints

SoCal Finatic
11-15-2010, 12:06 AM
http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthigpen/careerstats?id=THI677677

http://www.nfl.com/players/chadhenne/careerstats?id=HEN507580

Here's the link to their numbers.... previous post didn't turnout how i like it.. but in their first seasons in which they both played 14 games

Thigpin 18td 12int
Henne 12tds 14ints

Yeah but Henne has a better completion percentage and rating...kind of a wash according to those numbers. I think Henne has played ok (not a Henne homer) against some good teams. We have lost to some really good teams this year.. and if it wasn't for some really dumb mistakes and a suddenly non- existant running game, we wouldn't be having a discussion about our QB. These threads should be about our inept special teams, weak secondary, bad tackling and running game struggles.

Anyone else tired of the wah wah QB drama? Let's just win.

Gonzo
11-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Yeah but Henne has a better completion percentage and rating...kind of a wash according to those numbers. I think Henne has played ok (not a Henne homer) against some good teams. We have lost to some really good teams this year.. and if it wasn't for some really dumb mistakes and a suddenly non- existant running game, we wouldn't be having a discussion about our QB. These threads should be about our inept special teams, weak secondary, bad tackling and running game struggles.

Anyone else tired of the wah wah QB drama? Let's just win.No, it's not. TDs > completion % and turnovers.

The fact is, this offense looked completely different after Henne was out. It looked alive for the first time all season. I'm not big on Thigpen, but I'll give credit where credit is due. He's a better QB than Henne.

So...hopefully we draft QB, though I'm not impressed with the options after Luck. Especially not with Henn...er, Mallet.

walt
11-15-2010, 02:50 PM

Neverr hated a player on your team this much? Come on maan, re-read some of your posts about Pat White. They had more ***'s in them than words!

tylerdolphin
11-15-2010, 08:45 PM
His flaws aren't what you speak of. The selection of routes wideouts to run are NOT limited whatsoever with Henne in the game. Henne can make ANY throw on the field.
We are clearly watching two totally different games. I dont know what to tell you if you believe Henne can make any throw. I just dont. Dude has a cannon, but he has zero touch and zero deep ball accuracy. Chad Pennington has a better deep ball than Henne. Think about that. They sat Henne for a guy with no arm strength to try spark the offense.

tylerdolphin
11-15-2010, 08:49 PM
THANK YOU! That's what I've been saying! Can't believe our QB's are STILL in Marino's shadow! We don't have to have a gun slinging HOF qb to win a Superbowl!!! Duh! Trent Dilfer argument... Lets take a look at Trent's career stats: Pass attempts 3,172Pass completions 1,759Percentage 55.5TD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchdown)-INT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interception_(football)) 113-129Passing yards 20,518QB Rating (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passer_rating) 70.2
And youre happy with a Trent Dilfer? I guess youre in luck then, because thats essentially what we have. Now all we have to do is surround him with the best defense of the last 20 years and we're set! Miami Ravens baby!

DeathStar
11-18-2010, 11:58 PM
ZERO POINTS for thigpen

HENNE SCORES POINTS FOR OUR TEAM

tylerdolphin
11-19-2010, 07:15 AM
ZERO POINTS for thigpen

HENNE SCORES POINTS FOR OUR TEAM
Clap him up, he doesnt put zeros on the board. Franchise QB right there.

Possum
11-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Clap him up, he doesnt put zeros on the board. Franchise QB right there.

Our franchise QB gets us into position for the fg.

tylerdolphin
11-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Our franchise QB gets us into position for the fg.
Nobody does it better except the Raiders. Check the stats man. #2 FG kicking team in the league. Henne is a master.