PDA

View Full Version : 8 year old Jets fan tackled to the ground by Browns fan

Slim
11-17-2010, 12:14 PM
What has this world come to??? Obsession over sports is seriously out of hand... i love my team and all but man oh man.

An 8-year-old New York Jets fan was tackled by an adult Browns fan after Sunday's game, according to a television station in Cleveland.

The boy went to the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in a Jets jersey with his father, who was born in New York. Much to the chagrin of the local crowd, the Jets rallied for a 26-20 overtime victory. The boy's mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said the fans in the stadium were great, but things got out of control after the game.

"Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them," she said, according to WEWS.

When the family reached the parking lot, the situation got uglier.

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5816234

jetsknicks1
11-17-2010, 01:58 PM
What has this world come to??? Obsession over sports is seriously out of hand... i love my team and all but man oh man.

Too many beers and too few brain cells. I only hope the dad gorilla stomped his arse into the ground.

Ilovemyfins4eva
11-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Too many beers and too few brain cells. I only hope the dad gorilla stomped his arse into the ground.
unfortunately, the dad i read just walked to the car and wanted to get out of there, and didnt do a thing to defend his kid. the guy who attacked the kid, although it will be hard to find him, should be put in jail for assault, but how does the father not do anything to protect his kid also makes me sick.

zackmandude63
11-17-2010, 02:21 PM
if that was my kid, that guy would be dead!

HurriPhin
11-17-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm surprised that the Browns fan didn't tackle the mom. After all, it would have been understandable since I'm sure that New Jersey ***** looked like man anyways.

Dolfan3773
11-17-2010, 03:22 PM
The OB used to get like that with fans...I've seen some crazy **** go down there. It's wrong, especially when it involves a kid.

nyjunc
11-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm surprised that the Browns fan didn't tackle the mom. After all, it would have been understandable since I'm sure that New Jersey ***** looked like man anyways.

Yes NJ women have nothing on those Colorado beauties:rolleyes2:

It's a disgusting story, my first reaction was I would have went berserk on the guy if he did that to my son BUT the Dad in this case probably did the best thing not to as he would have been badly outnumbered but he should have gone to the police.

BAMAPHIN 22
11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
The New York Jets, disheartened to hear about an 8-year-old Jets fan in Cleveland reportedly tackled by a drunken Browns fan after Sunday's game, reached out to the boy's family Wednesday and offered VIP treatment at a Jets home game.

"It's terrible, what happened to that little boy," Higgins told ESPNNewYork.com. "As a father myself, I can say it tugs at you. We reached out to them, hoping we could raise their spirits. But, in talking to the family, they'd like to maintain their privacy. They have no plans to take us up on the offer at this time, but it's an open-ended invitation."

Slim
11-17-2010, 10:08 PM
I just read that the Jets org offered to fly the family to NY to catch a home game... pretty classy IMO.

The family refused. Suspect they just want to move on with their life.

jree
11-17-2010, 10:12 PM
People need to realize where the line is drawn between sports and real life. Too many losers that live vicariously through "their" teams.

armyphin
11-18-2010, 07:50 AM
but how does the father not do anything to protect his kid also makes me sick.
I completely get what you are saying but sometimes you gotta know when to fold 'em. Given the situation, it could have gotten really ugly really fast.

The smart move, even if it sounds like a ***** move, is what they did, get the hell out of there. Dealing with what could turn into a mob of drunk football fans intent on kicking your *** isn't exactly the smartest idea.

If the situation were different and no children are involved then by all means throw down. You'll have a cool story to tell your grandchildren.

Bumpus
11-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Was it helmet to helmet?

(ouch) Yeah, that's bad even for me.

HurriPhin
11-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Yes NJ women have nothing on those Colorado beauties:rolleyes2:

**** Colderado. I was born and raised in So Flo. I only moved out here for my sugar momma to get her 2nd Doctorates and I'll be back to beautiful sunny Florida in a couple of years. There's nothing bad to say about the bikini clad ladies of South Beach.

The Phinisher
11-18-2010, 01:42 PM
So I heard some 8 year old kids wearing a Jets jersey in Cleveland got tackled by a drunken Browns fan. As much as we all despise the Jets and the colors they wear. But sh*t like this is just disturbing. That guy deserves all the bad things he'll get in life. I know this is a non Dolphins topic, but curious to hear what are some of the worst stories you guys have either seen or heard on opposing fans at stadiums.

FinsNCanes
11-18-2010, 01:43 PM
....sure it would be on the news or Youtube by now.

JC
11-18-2010, 01:45 PM
That's what he gets for being a Jets fan...

But seriously, an 8 year old kid? It reminds me of the movie Big Daddy when the little kid is sitting in the bar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbUYhSV_u50

Phin-O-mania
11-18-2010, 01:45 PM
well, you should not ever do that to a kid. If it was an adult that got tackled it would be hilarious.

R_t_Kraken
11-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Don't bring kids to away games. I'd blame the parents or guardian before the drunken fool.

The Phinisher
11-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Don't bring kids to away games. I'd blame the parents or guardian before the drunken fool.

Well u just cant not take ur kid to a game just cause its an away game. For example what if ur team is one that hardly ever comes to ur home town, like tonight. Bears fans shouldnt take their kids to the game cuz of people acting stupid? Some teams barely come to ur town and when they do, u should be able to take ur kids.

GrandMarshall
11-18-2010, 02:11 PM
This shouldn't be in a forum for the Miami Dolphins... this has nothing to do with the dolphins.

Jonny
11-18-2010, 02:12 PM

For that matter don't let your kids outside not even in the yard... If you can't bring your kid to a football game there is something seriously wrong.

67Stang
11-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Turns out the kid pick pocketed the guy who tackled him.

Troysif
11-18-2010, 02:25 PM
This is already in the beasts of the east forum.

Tunaphish429
11-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Ppl and their damn liqueor...If you cant hold it than you should not leave the house..

Tackled an 8 year old? WTF?

Could not pick on someone your own size. No wonder Lebron took his talents to south beach...

****ing scum bag.

R_t_Kraken
11-18-2010, 02:29 PM
For that matter don't let your kids outside not even in the yard... If you can't bring your kid to a football game there is something seriously wrong.

I take it you've never been to an away game? There is something seriously wrong, it's called alcohol and *** holes, they don't mix.

DocHolliday187
11-18-2010, 02:31 PM
damn that brunette in that clip was juicy!

Lorenzo Rules
11-18-2010, 02:38 PM

that may be the lamest thing ever said . dude, people attend games children attend games there is no excuse for having a crappy attitude o r doing things like this . I know it was a jets fan but they are human beings and just becuase this is football doesnt mean we all have to conduct ourselves like a bunch of baboons. sports was created to be social thing I know people like be jerks but this is uncalled for.

shula_guy
11-18-2010, 02:38 PM
I blame the parents for raising the kid to be a Jets fan. That is child abuse and protective services should find that kid a home with loving Dolphin fan parents.

R_t_Kraken
11-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Where did I say it was called for? That's just the way it IS.

It's uncalled for for people to drive drunk and kill innocent motorists or pedestrians, but that's just the way it is.

I'm not defending the drunken *** holes I'd just know better to bring my kid around tens of thousands of them that hate you cause of your shirt color.

dolpns13
11-18-2010, 02:57 PM

no offense, but thats kinda assinine

R_t_Kraken
11-18-2010, 03:00 PM
no offense, but thats kinda assinine

Elaborate.

shula_guy
11-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Elaborate.

Why should you not be able to bring your kid to a football game without him being physically asaulted?

Phin-o-rama
11-18-2010, 03:05 PM
i don't really care...it's stupid to put your kid in jets gear in a hostile environment.

dolpns13
11-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Elaborate.

Why should I not be able to take my kids (I dont have kids, but just sayin) to a Miami Jets game at Giants stadium because a bunch of DB's want to get publically intoxicated and assult my kid. So its my fault for bringing my kid to the game in the first place moreso someone who is assulting us. I doubt it.

R_t_Kraken
11-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Why should you not be able to bring your kid to a football game without him being physically asaulted?

Some of you guys need to work on your reading comprehension or something.

You should be able to, but the fact of the matter is it is a dangerous atmosphere that I personally wouldn't subject a kid too, especially not my own.

Ed Norton
11-18-2010, 03:10 PM
You should be able to go to away games without any problems. I don't see why the leauge can't address that. It's like violence is tolerated in the stands but not on the field anymore. Fans in Oakland, Philly, Cleveland, etc. should be locked up if they are starting trouble. Going to pro games should be a place for kids. I loved the thrill of the big stadiums as a kid. Go sign up for boxing or MMA or something if you want to fight.

Predaphin
11-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Where was that Browns fan when Santonio Holmes was catching the ball at the end of the game. Holmes is as small as an 8yr old.

Vaark
11-18-2010, 03:16 PM
that's pretty crappy - and worthy of a large lawsuit against the perpetrator, Browns and the NFL. (hey, if my cuz-inlaw(yer) was involved it would be a mega class action suit before he was done).

At the impressionable age of 8, this sends and imprints all sorts of negative messages on his psyche; hard to believe he'll ever look at a football game again, even in The Faglands without defensively summoning up this nightmare experience. I for one believe that if you sell a ticket, you implicitly assume responsibility and liability for the safety of all fans, not just partisan ones.

shula_guy
11-18-2010, 03:17 PM
damn that brunette in that clip was juicy!

She is adam sandlers wife

dolpns13
11-18-2010, 03:21 PM
She is adam sandlers wife

damn!

gerblack
11-18-2010, 03:22 PM
I blame the Dad for not doing his best to kill this guy. Let some tard try and tackle my kid, it will be mandatory that one of us goes to jail and the other to the hospital.

shula_guy
11-18-2010, 03:29 PM
I blame the Dad for not doing his best to kill this guy. Let some tard try and tackle my kid, it will be mandatory that one of us goes to jail and the other to the hospital.

Im with you there buddy. Touch my kid and see what kind of pain that brings into your life.

BARF
11-18-2010, 03:42 PM
le batard had a funny take on that, how about you teach your kid not to wear that at a young age, to avoid this happening

SCOTTY
11-18-2010, 04:45 PM

That's what the druken A-Hole said. You blame the parents and not the drunk guy, This is a stupid mentality! But then again you are a face painter, LOL.

KlausC
11-18-2010, 04:45 PM
i don't really care...it's stupid to put your kid in jets gear in a hostile environment.

Yes, it is, but what kind of douchebag attacks a kid for wearing the wrong colors?

Romy148
11-18-2010, 04:48 PM
We all do dumb S**T when we are f**ked up. LMAO Jk. but in all seriousness poor lil kid he didnt deserve that.

flynryan15
11-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I am in Cleveland right now it is allover the news! It happened sadly the majority of the Clowns fans defend the guy. These idiots pride themselves in this behavior! Best thing that happened to the NFL was Model moving to Baltimore! Worst thing that ever happened was giving them a team back! These people lack the moral fiber to be allowed to gather in public.

nyjunc
11-18-2010, 05:04 PM

I wouldn;t take my 5 year old to a road game, I'd wait until he was an adult but there's no excuse to tackle a kid. A mob of people(browns and jet fans) should have pummeled the guy.

Ilovemyfins4eva
11-18-2010, 05:24 PM
as much as we hate the jets, or they hate us, vice versa, bottom line, making contact with someone over a sport game crosses the line. i cant stand the jets, i get very emotional at the very few games i go to, im real into it, love taunting the fans, but at the end of the day, no matter what the circumstance is, i would never think about putting a hand on another fan over a game.

verbal assualts to an extent r fine as long as its not real personal, but violence just crosses the line.

its a shame, how like junc mentions for example, and i don't blame him the way fans r today, that he should feel he cant take his 5 year old kid to an away game due to the violence of opposing fans at their stadium. people should go to the games and enjoy them, a little taunting back and fourth over the game is fun and acceptable, but once u lay ur hand on someone else over a game, and although a little kid is really crossing the line, i don't want to say especially a little kid, because it should be in general no matter how old the person is, u dont hurt someone over a game.

trust me, i love my fins, when i was at the jet dolphin game in Miami this year, or the times i have gone at the meadow-lands, i cheer like crazy, i yell, i specifically try to cheer and piss jet fans off all in fun spirit, but thats the furthest i will go. never lay a hand on someone.

Ricky4Life
11-18-2010, 05:58 PM
That is pathetic, all over a game.

NY8123
11-19-2010, 02:14 PM
It would now seem there is speculation that this incident was fabricated by mommy.

Oh what a twisted web we weave.

jetsknicks1
11-21-2010, 10:40 AM

That's a ridiculous statment.