PDA

View Full Version : Jason Allen - Patrick Turner

JERSEYFINFAN23
11-21-2010, 03:31 PM
As i sit here and watch the Texans - Jets game since Miami is not playing
Allen makes a play then gives up 2
Turner had a nice routine Post route that was a nice completion for the jets.
How did he not even sniff the field with Miami, but plays with a offense that has Santonio, Keller, LT, Green,Edwards.
Not saying they should have lept him, but at least played him a bit more to see what he could do since he was a 3rd round pick and only was seen in pracitce no games.

SkapePhin
11-21-2010, 03:34 PM
They sucked, and still suck. Just because they make ONE play out of a million, doesnt mean we shouldnt have gotten rid of them.

afishfan
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
They sucked, and still suck. Just because they make ONE play out of a million, doesnt mean we shouldnt have gotten rid of them.

no allen sucked. Patrick Turner was a 2nd year 3rd round RECEIVER with great size and good agility for his size. that ALSO took time in college for the light bulb to come on before he developed. he was one of the highest rated guys in the country coming out of high school

this staff thought they had more talent in moore and wallace and cut turner. i have a feeling turner could have done more for us this year than either of these guys and probably could have gotten by with one of these guys on the practice squad this year.

lets just hope he doesnt develop in New York. i dont think all was lost with Turner. i think its possible we gave up on him a year too soon. so many of these guys take 3 years at least to develop as receivers....we only had one year to go with this guy...we already invested the pick and the time. look at Miles Austin. look at Brandon LLoyd for crying out loud. the guy is the best receiver in the league this year. he is a ridiculous deep threat. he also took forever to develop. i bet everybody regrets not sticking with him now

DolfanDuBbZ~
11-21-2010, 03:45 PM
no allen sucked. Patrick Turner was a 2nd year 3rd round RECEIVER with great size and good agility for his size. that ALSO took time in college for the light bulb to come on before he developed. he was one of the highest rated guys in the country coming out of high school

this staff thought they had more talent in moore and wallace and cut turner. i have a feeling turner could have done more for us this year than either of these guys and probably could have gotten by with one of these guys on the practice squad this year.

lets just hope he doesnt develop in New York. i dont think all was lost with Turner. i think its possible we gave up on him a year too soon. so many of these guys take 3 years at least to develop as receivers....we only had one year to go with this guy...we already invested the pick and the time. look at Miles Austin. look at Brandon LLoyd for crying out loud. the guy is the best receiver in the league this year. he is a ridiculous deep threat. he also took forever to develop. i bet everybody regrets not sticking with him now

I'll sweat Turner when he runs a 4.3

afishfan
11-21-2010, 03:51 PM

well we'll see. Bolden isnt the fastest guy in the planet. Marshall isnt either. they are still extremely productive wide receivers. Turner didnt need to be a burner to be productive. he was by no means slow for his size either. just saying he should have seen another year in miami. that being said. personally i thought roberto wallace showed more in the preseason. not so sure that moore deserved a roster spot ahead of turner and could have been a practice squad guy. does he look like dez bryant? no....should we have given him a little more time considering the investment and the talent that replaced him? yes. or maybe we should have just taken bryant like we should have and it would be a mute point!

vere76
11-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Man I hate to say they are coached up at the Jets good staff unlike us. Nolan is the only one but how much say does he have?

dolpns13
11-21-2010, 04:30 PM
its because they Jets coaching staff is 1 million times better than ours is..

BTW - for the one that said Palomalu was overrated and not as good as people think, he just intercepted and ran it back about 45 yards

Pinkboy
11-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Jason Allen just got down there first for the tackle on the kickoff.

Namor
11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
I have NO FAITH in our staff to develop talent....
That's why over the years Parecells always brought in established vets.
That's why I don't know if Henne is the future or not...but I DO KNOW this
isn't the staff to get the best out of him.

miamiron
11-21-2010, 04:36 PM

Write his name in for the pro bowl,that will give him two votes,yours and his mothers

Namor
11-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Write his name in for the pro bowl,that will give him two votes,yours and his mothers

Hell..throw mine in there as well for special teams....like our team has SO many.

vere76
11-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Its like Ted ginn Matt roth WTF Wow LT is a stud

dolpns13
11-21-2010, 04:44 PM

He is a great secial teams player.. if anyone knocks him for special teams play, they dont know what theyre talking about..

dolpns13
11-21-2010, 04:46 PM
I have NO FAITH in our staff to develop talent....
That's why over the years Parecells always brought in established vets.
That's why I don't know if Henne is the future or not...but I DO KNOW this
isn't the staff to get the best out of him.

i have no faith in our staff to do anything well that is football related.. That includes choosing talent, developing talent, understanding what players to put on the field in certain situations, calling plays, understanding plays.. basically anything that has to do with running a real team

LANGER72
11-21-2010, 05:13 PM
i have no faith in our staff to do anything well that is football related.. That includes choosing talent, developing talent, understanding what players to put on the field in certain situations, calling plays, understanding plays.. basically anything that has to do with running a real team

I am starting to think the same way.

vagrantprodigy
11-21-2010, 05:17 PM

Exactly. He runs like a TE, not a WR.