PDA

View Full Version : Car bombing near US Embassy in Lima



iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 11:23 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20020321/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/peru_embassy_blast

They didn't blow up the US Embassy, however.

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20020321/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/peru_embassy_blast

They didn't blow up the US Embassy, however. i think president monroe had the right idea when he wrote the moroe doctrine. we should close all boarders and take care of ourselves. the one thing he shouldn,t have added was defending the americas against foreign occupation and invasion. the south americans hate our guts anyway. however, we should keep eyes and ears open though!:yell:

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 01:41 PM
South Americans don't hate us. This attack was by Peruvian guerrilas and I don't think the intent was to blow up the US Embassy from what I know. The United States doesn't have problems with any South American countries at this moment and we have tried to help some in different ways such as the Peace Corps.

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
South Americans don't hate us. This attack was by Peruvian guerrilas and I don't think the intent was to blow up the US Embassy from what I know. The United States doesn't have problems with any South American countries at this moment and we have tried to help some in different ways such as the Peace Corps. the next time you have a chance to go to a folgers coffee plant, just take a look at how much human waste they find in the coffee beans from south america!:rolleyes:

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
the next time you have a chance to go to a folgers coffee plant, just take a look at how much human waste they find in the coffee beans from south america!:rolleyes:

Do you even know how they get the coffee? My mother used to do advertising for Columbian coffee and she had to go to one of the most dangerous Latin American countries a few times, Columbia. She and the rest of the people she worked with had to have a bodyguard with them because it was so dangerous the last time they went last year. They have guerillas who steal peoples credit card numbers, get their identity, and steal all of their possesions. Since they are all together and so powerful combined with the fact that the country is so poor, they can't do anything about it. The United States has tried to help Columbia by giving them a lot of money but it hasn't worked yet. Anyway, I will get to the point. The beans in most coffee come from two countries, Columbia and Brazil. The Brazilian beans I don't know about, but in Columbia the beans are clean and come from areas no where near cities. They are directly shipped to this country. Many companies mix Columbian beans with lower quality Brazilian beans (I may be biased about this but I could honestly care less about which beans are better, I hate coffee lol but this is true) and the Brazilian beans may taste worse but they are all clean. There is no human waste in coffee.

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 04:58 PM
. There is no human waste in coffee. btw, would you like to buy some oceanfront property in arizona, you should be able to do it site unseen since you seem to know so much about everything. GROW UP AND FACE THE REAL WORLD, I'VE BEEN IN IT 3 TIMES LONGER THAN YOU HAVE!

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 05:14 PM
Yeah I am in the real world. There isn't human waste in coffee if you have actually ever seen the coffee and looked at it. You just keep on saying the dumbest things nonstop right now.

dolfan06
03-22-2002, 04:25 AM
but it has been documented that several shipments from south america, received in florida were contaminated. and no i don't know which country it came from, the article just said s.america!

Muck
03-22-2002, 03:50 PM
Why wouldn't they sh*t in the coffee?? Fast food restaurants mess with our food all the time. And they're Americans. There's a reason for the unwritten law that says "Never send back food".

The fact is that most of the food we eat has been altered in some way. Our food goes through so many levels of production. And there are a lot of undesirables working these sh*t jobs who are f*cked up or just mad a the world.

Have you ever visited a chocolate factory?? If you have, I'll bet you'll never eat chocolate again. Did you know that peanut butter is allowed to have seven different insect parts in it?? It goes on and on......

What's worst of all?? Probably the chemicals that are sprayed on our fruits and vegitables. But it's certainly not the grossest in our minds.

I could tell you all kinds of stories about food that you wouldn't believe. And this is AMERICA. A first-world country. You're talking about a third-world country, where there are very few regulations.

It's just like the Internet: If you can think it, it's probably true.

dolfan06
03-22-2002, 04:00 PM
some people live in their own sheltered world and don't think anything bad can happen!;)

iceblizzard69
03-22-2002, 04:03 PM
I was saying that there isn't human waste in coffee, mainly because there isn't! If you go into almost any food factory, you probably don't want to eat that food again.

dolfan06
03-22-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I was saying that there isn't human waste in coffee, mainly because there isn't! If you go into almost any food factory, you probably don't want to eat that food again. some shipments of coffee do have human waste and yes some foods you would never eat again. try hotdogs for instance, lips and assholes, anything that they can stuff in a tube, a certain percentage of rat is allowable, even human fingers get ground up and mixed in with it!:(

Muck
03-22-2002, 06:22 PM
My home town is home to the largest sugar company in the US. And when you go in the warehouses and look at those mountains of raw sugar, you see the rats running around and climbing all over them. Pretty disgusting sight.

Muck
03-22-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
anything that they can stuff in a tube, a certain percentage of rat is allowable, (

A friend of a friend had an experience with a bottle of chocolate syrup like that. Her daughter used to run around the house and take quick shots from that bottle when she came in the house (who hasn't ;) ).

Anyway, the bottle became clogged up and nothing would come out. They removed the cap to find a tail hanging out. And that tail was attached to...you guessed it.....a rat, dead inside the bottle.

I'll bet your stomach's are turning now. :eat:

I must apologize to our resident female poster. I really hope she doesn't read this. :( But since we were on the subject........

dolfan06
03-23-2002, 12:14 PM
I'll bet your stomach's are turning now. but i never really cared much for chocolate syrup. never liked the flavor, now i know why. it comes in chocolate mouse!:D

iceblizzard69
03-23-2002, 12:28 PM
I like everything chocolate except for chocolate ice cream.

baccarat
03-23-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Muck


A friend of a friend had an experience with a bottle of chocolate syrup like that. Her daughter used to run around the house and take quick shots from that bottle when she came in the house (who hasn't ;) ).

Anyway, the bottle became clogged up and nothing would come out. They removed the cap to find a tail hanging out. And that tail was attached to...you guessed it.....a rat, dead inside the bottle.

I'll bet your stomach's are turning now. :eat:

I must apologize to our resident female poster. I really hope she doesn't read this. :( But since we were on the subject........

Usually any story that starts w/ "A friend of a friend" is pure fiction.


Bosco is the best!

Muck
03-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Since you don't believe me, the kid was my mother's best friend's daughter.....aka....my little brother's buddy's girlfriend.

It happened. Our food is dirty. All you can do is put it out of your mind and eat it.

Frank-n-Furter
03-23-2002, 05:17 PM
The best thing every created by God, outside of the female persuasion.:cool: When I was a kid, I was always drinking the Hersey's syrup straight outta the bottle, and otherwise it was on Double fudge ice cream. Chocolate is right up there with sex as being a great thing. Even coffee, it's gotta have chocolate in it, and only then will I drink it. Otherwise it sucks!:D Herseys' Special Dark is the best, and don't EVEN get me started on White Chocolate, good stuff. Ok, now I gotta go get a Snickers bar and some Sno-Caps.:cool:

dolfan87
03-23-2002, 05:40 PM
I am with Muck on the fruits and vegetable thing. I eat ONLY organic foods, and grow a lot of it in my own garden.

You want a conspiracy theory? Try this on for size. The FDA knows that the chemicals sprayed on our foods cause cancer, (this mixed with the ever increasing pollution in our air from factories, cars, ect ect) yet they allow it...wanna know why?

It's a simple machine really. The medical field makes billions of dollars a year treating cancer (amoung other diseases) that are caused by the slow poisening of our systems from all these chemicals.

If they were to ban the use of insecticides, pesticides, and chemical fertilizers, the cancer rate in our country would drop drastically. That would put doctors, nurses, researchers, ect. ect. out of work.

They say it is needed (the chemicals) to be able to manage crops, but that is the biggest load of crap there is. I have grown organic food for years now, and there are very simple techniques to repel pests, and weeds.

Then there is the ever increasing demand for the "cure" for cancer. Well there is a cure, but the government shut that down as quick as they could. I have a friend who used the natural healing process, and was cured in a few months. The book, "A Cure For All Cancers" is still available, but the better book, written by a nature path doctor was pulled because it gave medical advice that got very specific on how to treat cancer.

The government wasn't having that, and pulled the book. I personally know of three people who have followed the directions of this book, and also used a nutritionest, to cure their cancer.

I myself was but a year away from death, until I found a doctor here in Arizona who directed me to recovery. My liver was in near failure, and I just couldn't get well.

ANYWAY, there are some bad things that go on out there...and most people just would never even believe it, but the world is a nasty place, run by a lot of dishonest people. The best you can do is try and seek the truth, and follow your gut, and heart, the best you can.

87

Frank-n-Furter
03-23-2002, 07:01 PM
Very interesting thoughts on life there, 87. The way I figure it though, when your numbers up, it's up. I've known people that live 65 years and die of cancer, and I've known people that live to 85 that die of natural causes after smoking and drinking their whole life. I see it like this: You don't know when you're gonna go, but when you do, be satisfied that you enjoyed everything you could. Even if that means a drink in one hand, a blunt in the other and a pool full of beautiful women for 30 years. God forbid you should just enjoy life, everybody spends theirs trying to prolong it.:cool:



BTW, sorry to hear about your liver problems and am glad you're doing ok, God knows we need all the cool people we can get.:cool:

dolfan87
03-23-2002, 08:42 PM
oh I am fine now, but it was a real eye opening experience.

Yea, life is what it is, I just was kinda trying to make the point that not everything is as it appears. Even in America...the number 1 nation in the world. :D

dolfan06
03-23-2002, 09:10 PM
i hope you're reading these, then you would realize sh!t in coffee is the least of our worries!;)

dolfan87
03-23-2002, 09:13 PM
06, lol...coffee taste's like **** anyway, how can you even tell? J/K

dolfan06
03-23-2002, 09:21 PM
i don't drink coffee, i was just going by an article i read. i'm sure it was true, because putting something like that in print could cause a major suit if it was false!;)

miadphan13
03-23-2002, 09:35 PM
Thanks Muck for being concerned for my possible quesiness due to this thread, but I think I got sick to my stomach back at the peanut butter post.

87, I admire you for being a fighter and for going the extra mile to fight for your life because so many just accept what they are told. :)

I think I will pass on this thread in the future. :o

Frank-n-Furter
03-24-2002, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by miadphan13
I think I will pass on this thread in the future. :o [/QUOTEIf my comments offended, my bad, but I'm just bein honest. :cool:
If you got me Comin Under Fire, I won't go into Hysteria, I just figured in the game of life it's Action! Not Words, and that's no Foolin'. :cool:

dolfan06
03-24-2002, 01:47 AM
but I'm just bein honest. thats why i live in southern california, i won't breathe air i can't see!:stooges:

Muck
03-24-2002, 02:25 AM
HEY 87.

You and I are very close in our thinking. Dude, you have no idea how refreshing it is to hear someone else speak of the same "conspiracy theories" and a similar way of thinking in regard to these subjects. I'm with you there.

I'm not a saint, but I do know about what I should or shouldn't put in my body. Growing up, my parents always grew our vegetables because we knew about the dangers out there. We weren't allowed sugar as a kid. And we were taught what we should and shouldn't eat and why. All we drank was water. And you know what?? We like it.

And you know what?? Me and my siblings were all well-behaved and didn't get pimples. Even today, I still can't stand soda, coffee, anything that isn't named "Water" or "Beer" (and I really just drink socially). We were normal kids, just without a lot of the behavioral and bodily problems that faced lots of other kids.

Hell, I've never even been to a medical doctor before. My uncle is a wholistic doctor. He does Chiropractic and Applied Kineisiology. Ever since I was born, he's the only person I've ever been to for anything, be it a cold, flu, injuries, ANYTHING. His whole thing is "let your body heal itself" and "treat the problem, instead of just the symptom". Not this anti-biotic, take a pill for everything crap that we're supposed to adhere to.

Ever wonder why it's such a pain to get insurance companies to pay for alternative doctors and medicines??

Ladies and gentlemen.....there are cures for just about everything out there. AIDS, CANCER.....YOU NAME IT. It's out there. But our government makes sure that our medical profession stays employed and our population stays under control, among other things. If you want access to these treatments, you better go underground or out of the country.

iceblizzard69
03-24-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by dolfan87
06, lol...coffee taste's like **** anyway, how can you even tell? J/K

I actually hate coffee, it does taste like ****. There is so much of it in my house though, so I avoid the kitchen a lot in the morning. :)

dolfan06
03-24-2002, 11:20 AM
i actually drink tea, old scottish custom!

dolfan87
03-24-2002, 11:39 AM
Tea is cool 06, I should drink more. :D

I am with ya Muckster...I wish I was taught that from a young age, but better late then never. I am doing the best I can with my son, but my wife is the worst eater you ever met, and so it is a battle every day to keep him from getting to much crap. It's enough work raising a kid, let alone fighting your bride over what he should and shouldn't eat.

I figure, at least he is not eating fruit loops, and lucky charms. I give him organic vegetables, and juices...and oatmeal, stuff like that. He does get the occasional M&M, cookie...ect ect...but for the most part he eats decent.

We gotta stick together!! lol

Also Frank N Furter, the more I thought about what you said (about it being your time to go...when it is your time to go that is) well, I believe that is true, but think about this. If you were to feed someone just a little bit of cyanide every day, for a few years until they crooked, would it just be their time to go? Or did you kill them?

Think about it.

dolfan06
03-24-2002, 11:56 AM
its just a matter of where and when!:rolleyes:

dolfan87
03-24-2002, 02:00 PM
Sure we do 06, but is protracted murder just a part of the deal?

iceblizzard69
03-24-2002, 02:17 PM
I hate tea also. I don't know whats worse, tea or coffee.

Frank-n-Furter
03-24-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by dolfan87

Also Frank N Furter, the more I thought about what you said (about it being your time to go...when it is your time to go that is) well, I believe that is true, but think about this. If you were to feed someone just a little bit of cyanide every day, for a few years until they crooked, would it just be their time to go? Or did you kill them?

Think about it. I agree you shouldn't rush anything by consuming poisons, I was leaning more towards just "live while your living". Eating good is important to stay healthy so you can enjoy your life while you have it. :cool:

dolfan06
03-24-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I hate tea also. I don't know whats worse, tea or coffee. lets rephrase that, is there anything you like than can be put in print!:lol:

Frank-n-Furter
03-24-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
lets rephrase that, is there anything you like than can be put in print!:lol: I was gonna ask the same thing:lol:

dolfan06
03-24-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Frank-n-Furter
I was gonna ask the same thing:lol: believe it or not, we think alike. great minds are in tune with each other!:D

iceblizzard69
03-25-2002, 10:28 AM
Yeah, lots of good drinks out there. But the only drinks I like are almost all kinds of soda and water (can't drink yet :( )

dolfan06
03-25-2002, 11:50 AM
hey ice, try milk and pepsi! uuummmmm!

iceblizzard69
03-25-2002, 12:02 PM
Milk is disgusting.

dolfan06
03-25-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Milk is disgusting. if you drink non-fat milk and caffeine free, diet pepsi, its ok!:rolleyes:

Muck
03-25-2002, 03:23 PM
Gotta agree, Ice. Milk is disgusting. And it's not good for you. There's another conspiracy for the board. :)

dolfan06
03-25-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Muck
Gotta agree, Ice. Milk is disgusting. And it's not good for you. There's another conspiracy for the board. :) please pray tell, inform me. its a natural mothers food!:p

Frank-n-Furter
03-25-2002, 03:56 PM
I gotta have milk for A): The perfect drink to go with anything chocolate, and B): How else can I eat my Peanut Butter Crunch cereal?:lol:

dolfan06
03-25-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Frank-n-Furter
I gotta have milk for A): The perfect drink to go with anything chocolate, and B): How else can I eat my Peanut Butter Crunch cereal?:lol: :D

baccarat
03-25-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Muck
And it's not good for you. There's another conspiracy for the board. :)

just a bunch of B.S. made up by radical, enviromental, terrorist groups like PETA.

iceblizzard69
03-25-2002, 06:20 PM
I hate PETA, espicially because they are a bunch of assholes who threatened my family (they sent my mom a letter a few years ago about an ad, it was hilarious because they were trying to threaten us but it was just a load of bull****). I just don't like how Milk tastes, and it isn't that good for you. I like Orange Juice though, and it is healthier.

Muck
03-26-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06


please pray tell, inform me. its a natural mothers food!

Nothing wrong with mother's milk. That's as beneficial as it gets. It's PERFECT.



Originally posted by booyeah_


just a bunch of B.S. made up by radical, enviromental, terrorist groups like PETA.

Dude, that is a completely ignorant statement. You want to know who's "making up the B.S. crap"?? The FDA and the Milk industry's clever marketing people. That's who. Leave PETA out of this. Their stance (right or wrong) is completely irrelevant to the facts.

You really don't want to get into this with me, because I'll end up ruining the thread. I've got 22 years experience with milk and dairy's negative affects. All you have to do is the slightest bit of research and you'll change your tune. There's boatloads of it out there.

dolfan06
03-26-2002, 04:17 AM
raw milk is to high in vitamins and minerals for human consumption, too much could cause damage. thats why i drink nonfat milk. there are other reasons, but thats the biggie!:rolleyes:

Muck
03-26-2002, 04:23 AM
I drink Soy Milk. I know, I know.....you're thinking "BLUAHk". :lol: But I just tried different brands till I found the ones that tasted good and adjusted to the change from milk (which I REALLY used to love). Soy stuff is really good for you. And high in protein.

dolfan06
03-26-2002, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Muck
I drink Soy Milk. I know, I know.....you're thinking "BLUAHk". :lol: But I just tried different brands till I found the ones that tasted good and adjusted to the change from milk (which I REALLY used to love). Soy stuff is really good for you. And high in protein. i know, there are a whole lot of things i should give up, but the best i can do right now is cut back. i've eliminated all fast foods, too greasy. i had a quaddruple bypass about 2 years ago and i've had angioplasty twice and i'm not gonna shoot for another!:rolleyes:

Frank-n-Furter
03-26-2002, 03:28 PM
my Grandma will be 90 in October and she's been drinkin milk for well, almost 90 years:cool: . If I make it that long I'll drink battery acid:D . I go for the 2% myself. Skim tastes like somebody left a swallow of whole milk at the bottom of the jug and then filled it up with water. Blah!:lol: I'm gonna be like the really old guy in "Grumpy Old Men", Burgess Meredith.:lol:

dolfan06
03-26-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Frank-n-Furter
my Grandma will be 90 in October and she's been drinkin milk for well, almost 90 years:cool: . If I make it that long I'll drink battery acid:D . I go for the 2% myself. Skim tastes like somebody left a swallow of whole milk at the bottom of the jug and then filled it up with water. Blah!:lol: I'm gonna be like the really old guy in "Grumpy Old Men", Burgess Meredith.:lol: thats why i like nonfat milk and caffeine diet pepsi. both taste like water but together they're pretty damed good!:D

baccarat
03-26-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Muck

Dude, that is a completely ignorant statement. You want to know who's "making up the B.S. crap"?? The FDA and the Milk industry's clever marketing people. That's who. Leave PETA out of this. Their stance (right or wrong) is completely irrelevant to the facts.

You really don't want to get into this with me, because I'll end up ruining the thread. I've got 22 years experience with milk and dairy's negative affects. All you have to do is the slightest bit of research and you'll change your tune. There's boatloads of it out there. [/B]

Well please enlighten an ignorant fool like me about your discoveries on milk, Dr. Pasteur. How is pasteurized milk so dangerous to the health of the public?

Muck
03-26-2002, 10:56 PM
No, I don't think I will. Not because I can't. But because it would take me all freaking night. It's not just one thing. It's a lot of things. Like I said, there's a boatloads of stuff out there. Go to any book store. Search any search engine. Anything you want. You'll find more than you care to know.

Here's a start: the Monsanto Company. You talked about "terrorist groups". So you'll love this one. This is the same company responsible or the 2,4,5-T in Agent Orange and said it was safe. The same company responsible for PCBs that contaminate our entire planet, again disregarding scientific evidence showing harm.

Well, this company is at it again. Go ahead and see what they've done to your milk. See what effect pasturization has on their "product". And look at the lengths they go to cover it up. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Also, let me clarify one thing. Those "22 years" I was referring to is my age. For 22 years I've had to stay away from dairy products because of the adverse affects they have on me. I'm not lactose intolerant. But 75% of the world's population is.

Muck
03-26-2002, 10:57 PM
Really guys, I'm not one of these "hippie, conspiracy people". :lol: Really I'm not. This is just "one of those subjects", if you know what I mean.

dolfan06
03-27-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Muck
Really guys, I'm not one of these "hippie, conspiracy people". :lol: Really I'm not. This is just "one of those subjects", if you know what I mean. there are so many of "THOSE SUBJECTS" you're bound to land on one, sooner or later! i was on the debate team in school, and i can make an argument, pro and con, of just about anything!:rolleyes:

Muck
03-27-2002, 03:20 PM
You wouldn't happen to be a lawyer, would you?? :p

dolfan06
03-27-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Muck
You wouldn't happen to be a lawyer, would you?? :p mainly because you can just about make a good argument for either side, and there are alot of smart crooked lawyers!:rolleyes:

Muck
03-27-2002, 04:03 PM
Ditto. I can argue from both sides of most topics. They might not be "good" arguments. But arguments nonetheless. :)

dolfan06
03-27-2002, 04:23 PM
exactly, i wouldn't feel right by taking the wrong side. just like some lawyers know the guy is guilty and get him off just because he's smart. (smartass)

dolfan87
03-27-2002, 05:29 PM
Booyeah, here is a real basic way to think of it. Girls are getting their periods starting at around 8-9 years old. Boobs too. The average age in 1945 was 13-14. Hormones are given to these cows, the hormones are then ingested by the public. Kids are told to drink lots of milk for healthy bones...so most do.

Would you take steriods? They are bad for you right? Well if you drink regular store bought milk, buddy, your on steriods. They aren't going to make you get big muscles, but they sure as heck will do damage to your body.

Also I want to say something. Some people on this earth could drink lighter fluid everyday for 100 years and be fine. Doesn't mean it's good for you, and it doesn't mean that you could get away with it...just means that SOME people could do that. Everyone is different.

Take you 06, you have had to have how many heart procedures, and surgeries? How do you think you got that way? Your in your 50's correct?

I am not going to get into the Bible here, but man's years were supposed to be 120. God set it that way after the flood. (Noah's Ark for those of you who don't read the Bible) So 06, you wouldn't even be middle age if our society hadn't gone and decided to "kill us softly".

Call it a conspiracy theory, think I am full of crap, doesn't bother me. I know the truth, and if you choose to turn your head and not do the research, then by all means, drink up.

By the way Muck...do you drink Silk soy?

87

Frank-n-Furter
03-27-2002, 06:36 PM
Regardless of Drano in the milk and cyanide in the eggs and bacon, people are living longer now than at any time in history. Longer now than before anybody heard of putting hormone shots in cows. The average age at the turn of the 20th century was 55-60, so 06, you'd probably be close to pushin up daisies about now (sorry dude). Personally I take vitamins but I'll have a swig of milk with my candy bar (or put a little in my White Russian:cool: ) every once in a while. Too much of anything will kill you, including worrying about how long you will live.:cool:

baccarat
03-27-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Muck
But I just tried different brands till I found the ones that tasted good and adjusted to the change from milk (which I REALLY used to love).
Are you saying that you once liked milk?

baccarat
03-27-2002, 09:21 PM
BTW, I was walking through a grocery store and saw a carton for soy milk. Guess what the idiots who made the stuff call their milk? Silk. Now how stupid is that?

dolfan87
03-28-2002, 12:01 AM
Silk is the brand of Soy Milk Booyeah...it is just the name. Also it is the best tasting soy I have ever tried, and it is organic.

Like I said, if you choose to ignore it, that is your choice...no skin off my nose. :D

Muck
03-28-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by booyeah_

Are you saying that you once liked milk?

Sure did. I loved it.

Dolfan984
03-28-2002, 02:02 AM
Orange Juice rules you all. I probably drink 4-5 glasses a day :)

baccarat
03-28-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Muck


Sure did. I loved it.

So you use to drink? So much that you loved it? Even though you said:


Those "22 years" I was referring to is my age. For 22 years I've had to stay away from dairy products

I'm seeing two diffrent stories here. First you said that you stayed away from milk all your life, but then you said you were once addicted to milk. So what story is the truth?

dolfan06
03-28-2002, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by booyeah_
BTW, I was walking through a grocery store and saw a carton for soy milk. Guess what the idiots who made the stuff call their milk? Silk. Now how stupid is that? WHITE PISS! its gotta at least sound good!:rolleyes:

iceblizzard69
03-28-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
Orange Juice rules you all. I probably drink 4-5 glasses a day :)

That is right (except I don't drink that much) It is a lot better than milk.

Muck
03-28-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_


I'm seeing two diffrent stories here. First you said that you stayed away from milk all your life, but then you said you were once addicted to milk. So what story is the truth?

Who said anything about being addicted to anything?? That's a strong word. I liked milk, yes. I liked eating it with my cereal every morning. But I wasn't stealing money from my parents and pawning all my stuff to get it. :p

We knew that certain foods had certain effects on me. And we stayed away from dairy for the most part. My parents were health food people. But we didn't know too about milk until I badly injured my knee at age 11. We found out the effects milk was having on my joints. So I got off all milk and dairy and got with Soy products.

I started drinking milk again as a senior in high school. For the first time ever, I started breaking out. My AK reminded me that dairy was the reason. So I got off milk again. Sure enough, it went away.

I'm no saint. I still like my ice cream and such every now and then. But I don't drink milk. And I know the facts.

Muck
03-28-2002, 03:13 PM
Very nice take, 87. Absolutely truths. You put lots of things in nutshells that I couldn't have. Right now, I drink West Soy, from Westbrae Natural, Plain. Tastes good to me. I switch a lot between a few brands.

Don't know if I've ever had Silk or not. I read somewhere the other day that they put something bad in it (something that artificially thickens it). Can't remember what it's called. So I didn't get to research it and see if it was true or not. Can't find the link. All I know is that my stuff doesn't have it.

Anyway, I'll let you know if I find it. See ya....

baccarat
03-28-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Muck


Who said anything about being addicted to anything?? That's a strong word. I liked milk, yes. I liked eating it with my cereal every morning. But I wasn't stealing money from my parents and pawning all my stuff to get it. :p

We knew that certain foods had certain effects on me. And we stayed away from dairy for the most part. My parents were health food people. But we didn't know too about milk until I badly injured my knee at age 11. We found out the effects milk was having on my joints. So I got off all milk and dairy and got with Soy products.

I started drinking milk again as a senior in high school. For the first time ever, I started breaking out. My AK reminded me that dairy was the reason. So I got off milk again. Sure enough, it went away.

I'm no saint. I still like my ice cream and such every now and then. But I don't drink milk. And I know the facts.

Addiction was a poor word choice, but my point was that you first said that you've avoided milk all your life, correct?

Later, however, you said that you once loved milk, so which story is true?

The two stories contradict each other.

Muck
03-29-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by booyeah_


Addiction was a poor word choice, but my point was that you first said that you've avoided milk all your life, correct?

Later, however, you said that you once loved milk, so which story is true?

The two stories contradict each other.

Dude, nothing contradicts. Again, I never said I avoided milk all my life. I said "dairy". You just assumed I said "milk". Go back and read my post. And if you think that I edited it, ask an admin or whoever and they'll tell you I haven't touched it.

This is getting redundant. My last post clarified everything. And why are you focusing on me and not the issue?? It's because you're trying to discredit me. You're trying to somehow prove that I'm full of sh*t because I called your bluff. Very weak.

Really, I don't care what you think of me or my views on this topic. But since you asked for it, me and 87 gave it to you. And yet you still will not address the issue. So step up and prove us wrong. If not, then chill out and leave it alone.

miadphan13
03-29-2002, 03:40 AM
I have to eat fake cheese and drink Lactaid milk because real dairy makes me sick to my stomach. :(

Muck
03-29-2002, 05:50 PM
The proof is in the pudding. Even in it's purest form, 75% of the world's population is lactose intolerant. As a species, we haven't evolved enough to handle dairy products.

dolfan06
03-30-2002, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Muck
The proof is in the pudding. Even in it's purest form, 75% of the world's population is lactose intolerant. As a species, we haven't evolved enough to handle dairy products. the milk we drink is nourishment meant for a much larger animal! ;)