PDA

View Full Version : Dear Boise State

COphinphan89
11-27-2010, 02:52 AM
:3w:

tylerdolphin
11-27-2010, 03:03 AM
I can't help but feel bad for Boise. How ****ing long do you have to go undefeated before you get a legitimate shot at a championship?
LMAO

They have NOTHING to cry about this time. They play two teams all year and they lost to one of them. They had a legit shot. They just had to take care of their ****ty conference and they didnt.

canesandbhoys
11-27-2010, 03:06 AM
You seriously believe that if the "top 4" teams had run the table, Boise would have been in the championship game?

Although, I agree that this is all on them and they can't complain that they lost.

tylerdolphin
11-27-2010, 03:09 AM
You seriously believe that if the "top 4" teams had run the table, Boise would have been in the championship game?

Although, I agree that this is all on them and they can't complain that they lost.
If Auburn wins then no, they wouldnt get in. And deservedly so. Just look at Auburn's resume compared to Boise's. Theres no comparison. If Boise won tonight and Auburn lost though, they would have been in I think.

canesandbhoys
11-27-2010, 03:18 AM
To the same effect, if the now-Top 3 teams win out, does anyone really expect TCU to be in the championship game?

It's the same conversation we've all been having for the last 10 years. The BCS is a ****ed system, and it will ALWAYS favor the big teams in the biggest conferences.

tylerdolphin
11-27-2010, 03:32 AM
To the same effect, if the now-Top 3 teams win out, does anyone really expect TCU to be in the championship game?

It's the same conversation we've all been having for the last 10 years. The BCS is a ****ed system, and it will ALWAYS favor the big teams in the biggest conferences.
How are you going to bump Auburn for TCU though? You have Auburn who has beat LSU, Bama, USC, Arkansas. Who the hell had TCU played? SMU and Utah? :lol:

It sets a terrible precedent if you let TCU in the MNC with that joke schedule. Jesus, at least Boise played VT.

.rush
11-27-2010, 03:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzBAL-BTUW4

And to think this amazing catch Kellen Moore/Titus Young goes to waste with 9 seconds left because he missed those two chip shots :(

Rafiki
11-27-2010, 03:34 AM
It will take at least two years to recover from that loss. I would blame it all on the kicker, but to be honest, Nevada played lights out offense. Boise was in a position to win but didn't capitalize on offense, didn't shutdown on defense, didn't win on special teams. It was humbling.

tylerdolphin
11-27-2010, 03:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzBAL-BTUW4

And to think this amazing catch Kellen Moore/Titus Young goes to waste with 9 seconds left because he missed those two chip shots :(
As much as I hate Boise, I wouldnt mind us picking up Moore in the draft. Im not sure what round he's expected to go in, but I like him. I can definitely see him having success in the NFL.

canesandbhoys
11-27-2010, 03:40 AM
How are you going to bump Auburn for TCU though? You have Auburn who has beat LSU, Bama, USC, Arkansas. Who the hell had TCU played? SMU and Utah? :lol:

It sets a terrible precedent if you let TCU in the MNC with that joke schedule. Jesus, at least Boise played VT.

That's my point. Comparing schedules is one of the ****tiest ways to determine who should be vying for a national championship. TCU could be the best team in the country, but the only way we'll find out is if they have the EXTREME luck of having Oregon or Auburn lose.

tylerdolphin
11-27-2010, 03:43 AM
That's my point. Comparing schedules is one of the ****tiest ways to determine who should be vying for a national championship. TCU could be the best team in the country, but the only way we'll find out is if they have the EXTREME luck of having Oregon or Auburn lose.
The system is crappy. I wish there was a playoff. But with what we have, the best way to determine the best team is by records and competition. It sucks for the TCUs and Boises but thats just the system in place now.

JCane
11-27-2010, 04:22 AM
A playoff is the worst idea ever for college football. Can't be done. A plus one system is about as good as it's going to get.

chrisbaucom
11-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Why is that exactly?

Tunaphish429
11-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Man I go on vacation for a weekend and I miss 2 of the best games in the past few years...

**** you Alabama

**** you Boise

Dolfan3773
11-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Thank you Nevada! I was getting tired of this Boise State crap. But it was one hell of a game! Hell, all 3 games were good to watch

COphinphan89
11-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah I missed the Bama-Auburn and CU-Nebraska games. Games I never miss. **** you work. Happy Nebraska got it done though. One of my best friends and my brother-in-law are huge Nebraska homers so I pull for them too. Now I'm hoping OU can handle OSU today so we can see an OU-Nebraska Big 12 Title Game.

chrisbaucom
11-27-2010, 01:20 PM
I just want nebraska to win championship game. Want to see how big 12 commish will handle trophy presentation. They weren't there yesterday to hand them their trophy for winning their division.

COphinphan89
11-27-2010, 01:28 PM
I just want nebraska to win championship game. Want to see how big 12 commish will handle trophy presentation. They weren't there yesterday to hand them their trophy for winning their division.
That would be wonderful. I would love to see that that.

Aaawkward.....

tylerdolphin
11-27-2010, 02:07 PM
A playoff is the worst idea ever for college football. Can't be done. A plus one system is about as good as it's going to get.
The plus one would be a huge improvement IMO.

utahphinsfan
11-28-2010, 12:28 AM
This has been a great weekend for college football... Utah, Auburn, & Oregon won. Boise lost. BYU & Alabama lost as well obviously.

If S Carolina & Oregon St win next weekend then TCU and Wisconsin IMO belong in the title game.

Thank you Nevada! I was getting tired of this Boise State crap.

Agreed. What is the deal with the medias collective mancrush on Boise?

Dolfan3773
11-28-2010, 12:29 AM
This week was a GREAT week in college football....so many good games

utahphinsfan
11-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Who the hell had TCU played? SMU and Utah? :lol:

The same Utah who is the original BCS buster! The same Utah who is 2 for 2 in BCS games like Boise? The same Utah was in the top 8 before the TCU game? The same Utah who has the longest bowl winning streak in the country?

tylerdolphin
11-28-2010, 01:10 AM
The same Utah who is the original BCS buster! The same Utah who is 2 for 2 in BCS games like Boise? The same Utah was in the top 8 before the TCU game? The same Utah who has the longest bowl winning streak in the country?
The same Utah that got bent over the table and ****ed by ****ty ND? Yeah, that one.

utahphinsfan
11-28-2010, 02:29 PM
The same Utah that got bent over the table and ****ed by ****ty ND? Yeah, that one.

The exact same team that laid an egg against the Irish will make some real noise starting next yr.

You just proved why TCU should be given a chance. Despite the circumstances, any and all teams if they meet expectations should be given a fair shot.

Unlike ND for example who has yet cash in. Or, even the OSU who the powers that be bend over backwards for just like the NFL does w/ the Steelers.