PDA

View Full Version : Boise State kicker victim of threats, taunts

Dolfan3773
11-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Before Boise State’s 34-31 loss to Nevada, place kicker Kyle Brotzman was never called upon to win a game for the Broncos this season.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/29/boise-state-kicker-victim-of-threats-taunts/

Could see this coming from a mile away

chrisbaucom
11-30-2010, 02:38 PM
You stay classy Boise, ID.

Tunaphish429
11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Is this the start of wheels coming off a pretty over rated program?

I hope so.

X-Pacolypse
11-30-2010, 03:31 PM
C'mon Boise fans, Brotzman isn't the only reason you lost that game.

utahphinsfan
11-30-2010, 04:04 PM
C'mon Boise fans, Brotzman isn't the only reason you lost that game.

Agreed. Boise's Run D took a vacation in the 2nd half.

After looking closer @ the kicker's name, All I can say is; Tell Cartman to shut up.

Dolfan3773
11-30-2010, 04:08 PM
That team has spoiled that town and it's pretty much hard to recover now...I'm glad they lost, I've been so tired of all this hype for the second coming of the McDonald's All-American team

spydertl79
12-01-2010, 02:43 PM
He shouldn't have missed

Kdawg954
12-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Most overrated program in college football.

Rafiki
12-01-2010, 04:08 PM
The people talking crap about Brotzman aren't in the majority. More than likely they're the bandwagon fans.

As to whether or not Boise State is overrated, we'll never know without a playoff. I believe there could be an argument than any team is overrated. They're all just college kids.

spydertl79
12-01-2010, 05:06 PM
The people talking crap about Brotzman aren't in the majority. More than likely they're the bandwagon fans.

As to whether or not Boise State is overrated, we'll never know without a playoff. I believe there could be an argument than any team is overrated. They're all just college kids.
Boise is good- but if they played a major conference schedule we both know that they wouldn't be going 11-1 every year.

Rafiki
12-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Boise is good- but if they played a major conference schedule we both know that they wouldn't be going 11-1 every year.

Probably not; but then again they wouldn't need to go 11-1 to get into the big money bowls, now would they? Just look at the Big East and the ACC.

BSU would be competitive in a major conference, but probably wouldn't dominate. At least until they got more money for bigger facilities and access to better recruits, which being in a major conference would give them.

TedSlimmJr
12-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Change that silly looking blue field and put down some green grass and BCS conferences might consider an invitation... that's the first thing that has to happen.

Rafiki
12-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Change that silly looking blue field and put down some green grass and BCS conferences might consider an invitation... that's the first thing that has to happen.

LOL Are you serious? What keeps BSU out of BC$ conference consideration isn't the small media market, academics, facilities or tradition?

The major factor keeping BSU out is the blue field!?

TedSlimmJr
12-01-2010, 08:40 PM
It's a bigger factor than you think... coaches are always raising hell about the blue turf when they're trying to watch film of Boise...

The Big-East is considering adding teams like Villanova, etc... tradition, media markets, facilities, etc. are all obstacles that can be overlooked if the scenario is right..

Stop painting the grass blue, and I promise you AQ conferences will take the Boise program and what it stands for more seriously... it's viewed as a gimmick Rafiki..

The blocking vote that kept TCU from ever joining the Big-12 was Baylor... Texas was fine with it, despite the tradition, facilities, etc... and the TV market was obviously irrelevant to Texas. It's about being taken seriously...

Rafiki
12-01-2010, 08:49 PM
It's a bigger factor than you think... coaches are always raising hell about the blue turf when they're trying to watch film of Boise...

The Big-East is considering adding teams like Villanova, etc... tradition, media markets, facilities, etc. are all obstacles that can be overlooked if the scenario is right..

Stop painting the grass blue, and I promise you AQ conferences will take the Boise program and what it stands for more seriously... it's viewed as a gimmick Rafiki..

The blocking vote that kept TCU from ever joining the Big-12 was Baylor... Texas was fine with it, despite the tradition, facilities, etc... and the TV market was obviously irrelevant to Texas. It's about being taken seriously...

TCU's stadium seats 50,000. It sits in the Dallas media market, which isn't a big deal to the Big 12 (who already has several Texas schools), but is a huge gain for the Big East. It has academic prestige on par with University of Texas. It has wealthy boosters and a growing fan base.

Boise's stadium, on the other hand, seats approx. 34,000. It sits in like the 120th largest media market. It has a growing academic catalog, but little doctorate programs, and isn't the best academic school in the state of Idaho. It has some wealthy boosters and a growing fan base.

I promise you, it has little to nothing to do with the blue. It has everything to do with media market and academics.