PDA

View Full Version : Dear Finheaven, I need some help: create some Dolphin analogies?

Travis34
12-07-2010, 07:50 PM
This could be a fun change of pace thread instead of arguing and such. But anyways, I've been studying for my anatomy final test and I've noticed that if you can come up with things to relate to or make analogies with, it helps you remember things. So it could be anything from the names of things to the function or etc..

For example:
Cerebrum vs Cerebellum. The cerebrum is the bigger part of the brain and helps with a lot of motor things and various stuff, and the white matter is on the outside.

So, I associated that one with Marshall.

The cerebellum is smaller and helps you be smooth and coordination, so I figured Bess was a worthy guy for that, and the white matter is inside.

The reason I mentioned the white matter is because they're opposite and I guess Bess and Marshall are opposites.

BUT ANYWAYS!

What I'm having trouble remembering now is remembering which axons release which neurotransmitters.

Acetylcholine is released by:
-Preganglionic axons of the Autonomic Nervous System
-Postganglionic axons from the Parasympathetic NS

Norepinephrine is released by:
"Most" preganglionic Axons

Sorry, I know this is the wrong place to post this, but I figured maybe it could be an interesting thread. Any ideas for those things right above the line?

NBP81
12-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I feel dumb right now...

tylerdolphin
12-08-2010, 01:04 PM
-Postganglionic axons from the Parasympathetic NS
The Dolphins entire offense. I feel sympathetic for anyone who has to watch that **** show every week.

Bumpus
12-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Just drink a beer, and write it on your hand. :lol:

Daytona Fin
12-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I feel dumb right now...

this is what i get for dropping out of college

Dolfan3773
12-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Just drink a beer, and write it on your hand. :lol:

Hell yeah!
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/12/toalcohol-1.jpg