PDA

View Full Version : this is our superbowl!

sinPHIN
12-08-2010, 12:53 AM
i dont care if we win another game this year as long as we beat the ****ing jets! (i do care but there is no playoffs for us this year). this is our superbowl atleast to me. honestly if we went 2-14 and the two wins were against the jets it would be a good year to me lol. one thing well two things i hate the most are the jets and thier craptastic fans! for the love of god please make us happy since we wont make the playoffs again.win this one game!

CirclingWagons
12-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Excellent syntax.

armyphin
12-08-2010, 12:56 AM
So let it be written,

So let it be done!

mialuv13
12-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Agreed! Let's tear them up!!

-=DolfanDave=-
12-08-2010, 01:01 AM
So let it be written,

So let it be done!

Creeping Death?

an apropo description of the Fins season.

hooshoops
12-08-2010, 01:01 AM
it sure doesn't feel like a super bowl...

-=DolfanDave=-
12-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Excellent syntax.

All your base are belong to us!

CalDolFan10x14
12-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Yep...a win in Joizey would be a nice holiday gift.

sinPHIN
12-08-2010, 01:12 AM
it sure doesn't feel like a super bowl...

lol your right :(

Pinkboy
12-08-2010, 02:17 AM
wow.

This just shows what a sad sack franchise Miami has become when our superbowl is to beat a team with a pathetic history like the Jets.

What was last week against the Browns ? our AFC Championship game ?

The way you people were celebrating 2 weeks ago here, like Sparano was in his post-game speech,. I thought our superbowl was against the Raiders.
:lol:

Mr. Magoo
12-08-2010, 02:20 AM
wow.

This just shows what a sad sack franchise Miami has become when our superbowl is to beat a team with a pathetic history like the Jets.

Agreed. This thread's sentiment is the saddest and most pathetic thing in sports.

JerryD
12-08-2010, 02:39 AM
for the love of god please make us happy since we wont make the playoffs again.win this one game!

How many Field Goals is that gonna take?

CalDolFan10x14
12-08-2010, 03:01 AM
wow.

The way you people were celebrating 2 weeks ago here, like Sparano was in his post-game speech,. I thought our superbowl was against the Raiders.

Wow...do you ENJOY going in everyone's threads and killing whatever little positive we have left to the season??? Hell, this season is a disappointment, yeah...but this is the JETS! I don't care how lousy BOTH franchises have been as of late, IT'S THE JETS/DOLPHINS!

Pinkboy
12-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Wow...do you ENJOY going in everyone's threads and killing whatever little positive we have left to the season??? Hell, this season is a disappointment, yeah...but this is the JETS! I don't care how lousy BOTH franchises have been as of late, IT'S THE JETS/DOLPHINS!

But it's not a superbowl. yeah it's a game and a rival but it's not close to a superbowl.

Maybe you weren't around like i was when the Dolphins were actually in a super bowl to know.

But comparing it to the superbowl is just stupid.

hopefully you're lucky enough one day to experience the dolphins in an actual super bowl.. after you do, you'll see how silly it is to call a game vs the Jets when you're 6-6 and out of the playoffs - a superbowl.

JCane
12-08-2010, 03:31 AM
wow.

+1

JCane
12-08-2010, 03:32 AM

I agree with him. This is just another toilet bowl Sunday. No hope for this team whatsoever.

If killing positivity means slapping people upside the head with the reality shovel, then I approve. It needs to happen more often.

CalDolFan10x14
12-08-2010, 05:43 AM
I agree with him. This is just another toilet bowl Sunday. No hope for this team whatsoever.

If killing positivity means slapping people upside the head with the reality shovel, then I approve. It needs to happen more often.

Well....good luck with that.

jetstream1066
12-08-2010, 07:00 AM
i dont care if we win another game this year as long as we beat the ****ing jets! (i do care but there is no playoffs for us this year). this is our superbowl atleast to me. honestly if we went 2-14 and the two wins were against the jets it would be a good year to me lol. one thing well two things i hate the most are the jets and thier craptastic fans! for the love of god please make us happy since we wont make the playoffs again.win this one game!

It's always good to aim high

nyjunc
12-08-2010, 09:26 AM

That's good news, that means we will probably win by at least 20 as when Miami does play postseaon games they usually get humiliated:chuckle:

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-08-2010, 09:29 AM
That's good news, that means we will probably win by at least 20 as when Miami does play postseaon games they usually get humiliated:chuckle:
well i don't know about that. Rex Ryan was hyping this pats jets game up like crazy, saying it was the biggest regular season game the jets have played in, in a long time, and look how they showed up in the ''big'' spot. i don't think it was just a coincidence.

Fins1971
12-08-2010, 09:59 AM

You have alot nerve coming in here and talking about teams being humiliated. That was one big dog terd your team laid on Monday.

DolfanISS
12-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Jets are Frauds. They go 2-2 at best to finish the season. We will give them all they can handle with the worst offesne in the NFL on Sunday, a QB dying to blow the game, and a #1 WR who can't beat their #1 CB, and finheaven will be loaded with excuses as to why Marshall has a bad game. Just wait, Jets probably take this one like 17-13 or so.

I am extremely negative about this offense, it sucks. However I'm confident our poor defense keeps things close only to have our offense not hold up it's end of the deal, as usual.

nyjunc
12-08-2010, 10:17 AM
You have alot nerve coming in here and talking about teams being humiliated. That was one big dog terd your team laid on Monday.

It was awful the other night but last I checked we are 9-3 and still have a chance to win it all. Is 45-3 in early december worse than 62-7 or 38-3 to end your season in January?

hooshoops
12-08-2010, 10:17 AM
bet the house on whatever veteran qbs team the jets match up with in the playoffs...especially if its cold weather...lol...i'm ready to put my house note on that matchup

at baltimore take the ravens at pittsburgh thats easy at new england easy money at kc debatable...

mark sanchez is not ready to hang with the big boys...

NJPhinFan21
12-08-2010, 10:23 AM
This game will destroy the Jets in my opinion(IF we win). They have a tough December, 2 early losses with set the tone.

Fins1971
12-08-2010, 10:31 AM
but last I checked we are 9-3 and still have a chance to win it all.

I'd say your chances are very slim. Now you are looking at the 5 seed. Sanchez couldn't put up 4 good games in a row to save his life. And thats what is going to take against playoff teams. You really screwed up on monday.

BTW, when is the last time you saw a team lose that bad this late in the season and then go on to win the Super Bowl.

nyjunc
12-08-2010, 10:36 AM
bet the house on whatever veteran qbs team the jets match up with in the playoffs...especially if its cold weather...lol...i'm ready to put my house note on that matchup

at baltimore take the ravens at pittsburgh thats easy at new england easy money at kc debatable...

mark sanchez is not ready to hang with the big boys...

Yeah he only led us to a win over philip Rivers at SD as a rookie in January but he's not ready. We lost b/c of QB play the other night:lol:

I'd say your chances are very slim. Now you are looking at the 5 seed. Sanchez couldn't put up 4 good games in a row to save his life. And thats what is going to take against playoff teams. You really screwed up on monday.

BTW, when is the last time you saw a team lose that bad this late in the season and then go on to win the Super Bowl.

That's funny b/c he has put up 4 good games in a row this year and he had 3 good games in a row in the playoffs last year. I'm not thinking too far ahead, alot can change btw now and a month from now. we can still win this division.

As for your question:

2009:dallas crushed No last year in NO(the score was closer than the game, it was 24-3 in the competitive portion of that game)
2008: Pitt was crushed 31-14 against tennessee in week 16
2007: the Giants got beat up by Wash in week 15(the headlines read that their season was over)
2006: Indy lost 44-17 in Week 14 to Jax

Shall I go on or is this enough for you?

Fins1971
12-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah he only led us to a win over philip Rivers at SD as a rookie in January but he's not ready. We lost b/c of QB play the other night:lol:

That's funny b/c he has put up 4 good games in a row this year and he had 3 good games in a row in the playoffs last year. I'm not thinking too far ahead, alot can change btw now and a month from now. we can still win this division.

As for your question:

2009:dallas crushed No last year in NO(the score was closer than the game, it was 24-3 in the competitive portion of that game)
2007: the Giants got beat up by Wash in week 15(the headlines read that their season was over)

Those games were all competetive into the second half. Unlike the game on Monday night which was over in the 1st quarter.
Big difference.

hooshoops
12-08-2010, 10:55 AM
hey junk...at san diego is not cold weather...brainiac

you better pray you get matched up with jax or indy...or its one and done playa

Chubby
12-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Its an insult that we have become so irrelavent that this game is that important to people. I remember the days where it was the other way around.
Chubbs

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-08-2010, 11:11 AM

As for your question:

again, he didnt win the game for you. you won that game because of your defense. sanchez i believe went 11/22 that game, and the one td pass he threw was bc of a 15 yd personal foul penalty that kept the drive going after a turnover that gave the jets the ball deep in sd territory, and then he threw a td on 3rd down after a defender fell. u won that game because of ur defense. ur making it seem like if sanchez was not qb in that game u guys prob lose. u win either way, and prob win by more if sanchez isnt ur qb that day.

what are you going to tell us next, trent dilfer led the ravens to a superbowl victory over the giants or brad johnson led the bucs to a superbowl victory over the raiders?

hooshoops
12-08-2010, 11:29 AM
realistically i think the jets could go to kc and maybe get a win as young as that team is and all and i think they'd roll jax in jax but do i think they could beat any of balt new england or pittsburgh home or away...hells no

they might get to week 2 of the postseason depending on the opening matchup but it ends there...

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-08-2010, 11:32 AM
realistically i think the jets could go to kc and maybe get a win as young as that team is and all and i think they'd roll jax in jax but do i think they could beat any of balt new england or pittsburgh home or away...hells no

they might get to week 2 of the postseason depending on the opening matchup but it ends there...
kc would be a tough game. kc is one of the tougher places to play in the nfl, factor in the weather will be a factor, kc has a good balanced offense with a speed guy in charles who can catch out of the backfield, thomas jones who can still run the ball, one of the best wr in bowe, cassell is having a fantastic year, kc would be no pushover for them.

hooshoops
12-08-2010, 11:40 AM
kc would be a tough game. kc is one of the tougher places to play in the nfl, factor in the weather will be a factor, kc has a good balanced offense with a speed guy in charles who can catch out of the backfield, thomas jones who can still run the ball, one of the best wr in bowe, cassell is having a fantastic year, kc would be no pushover for them.

i agree but i can see the jets winning that game...cassell doesn't do enough for me to think he'd make enough plays vs that jets d...it would be a hard one for the jets i agree

nyjunc
12-08-2010, 11:54 AM
again, he didnt win the game for you. you won that game because of your defense. sanchez i believe went 11/22 that game, and the one td pass he threw was bc of a 15 yd personal foul penalty that kept the drive going after a turnover that gave the jets the ball deep in sd territory, and then he threw a td on 3rd down after a defender fell. u won that game because of ur defense. ur making it seem like if sanchez was not qb in that game u guys prob lose. u win either way, and prob win by more if sanchez isnt ur qb that day.

what are you going to tell us next, trent dilfer led the ravens to a superbowl victory over the giants or brad johnson led the bucs to a superbowl victory over the raiders?

Stop worrying about silly individual #s. he made 3 huge plays for us in that game that there's no way we win that game w/o those plays.

The penalty(it was 7 yds, half the distance) was open that kept a drive alibe for our 1st TD and he made an incredible play throwing that TD to Keller.

We won b/c of many factors inclduing our D and running game but if our QB doesn'[t make 3 big plays for us we lose.

Trent Dilfer was vital to Baltimore winning that SB, how many SBs has Baltimore won w/o Trent? How many did TB win a/o Brad Johnson? People get too caught up in fantasy #s.

rev kev
12-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Stop worrying about silly individual #s. he made 3 huge plays for us in that game that there's no way we win that game w/o those plays.

The penalty(it was 7 yds, half the distance) was open that kept a drive alibe for our 1st TD and he made an incredible play throwing that TD to Keller.

We won b/c of many factors inclduing our D and running game but if our QB doesn'[t make 3 big plays for us we lose.

Trent Dilfer was vital to Baltimore winning that SB, how many SBs has Baltimore won w/o Trent? How many did TB win a/o Brad Johnson? People get too caught up in fantasy #s.

Wow you do speak the truth from time to time - pinch me is this a dream?

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-08-2010, 12:02 PM

Trent Dilfer was vital to Baltimore winning that SB, how many SBs has Baltimore won w/o Trent? How many did TB win a/o Brad Johnson? People get too caught up in fantasy #s.trust me i dont care about fantasy numbers, but my point is that those teams won the superbowl due to their defense basically. any qb could have filled in the shoes that johnson, dilfer, or sanchez had( i dont know why i am mentioning sanchez bc he didnt win a superbowl) and be just as effective. these guys didnt really need to do much.

i dont care if he made 3 nice throws, when u pass 22-27 plus times a game, u r going to make a few nice throws.

rev kev
12-08-2010, 12:05 PM

Speaking the objectve truth doesn't get you the "slap in the side of the head you so desperately desire - sadomasochistic tendencies are very sad

nyjunc
12-08-2010, 12:38 PM
trust me i dont care about fantasy numbers, but my point is that those teams won the superbowl due to their defense basically. any qb could have filled in the shoes that johnson, dilfer, or sanchez had( i dont know why i am mentioning sanchez bc he didnt win a superbowl) and be just as effective. these guys didnt really need to do much.

i dont care if he made 3 nice throws, when u pass 22-27 plus times a game, u r going to make a few nice throws.

yes they won first b/c of great defense but great D alone does not win or those Bal and TB teams would have more than one SB app each. Each of those QBs made huge plays to help their teams win and that was what was most important rather than nice looking fantasy #s and disappearing when it matters most.

TPD1479
12-08-2010, 03:13 PM

come back and talk to us when you win a division title...j e t s joke joke joke...

nyjunc
12-08-2010, 03:22 PM
come back and talk to us when you win a division title...j e t s joke joke joke...

We are the only team to win a div title besides the Pats in a year where Brady was NE's starting QB.

So you'd rather win the div then get humiliated in the WC rd at home then get in as a WC team and make the title game?

TPD1479
12-08-2010, 03:26 PM
We are the only team to win a div title besides the Pats in a year where Brady was NE's starting QB.

So you'd rather win the div then get humiliated in the WC rd at home then get in as a WC team and make the title game?

1 super bowl 1 division title in what 42 years and STILL don't even have your own stadium..Pathetic just like their fans..Nothing better then listening to sports talk radio this week here in NY and listening to all the hipocrite cry babies.. All I can say is jets better hope they win this weekend or boy is it gonna get ugly here in NY..or is it jersey?

DolfanISS
12-08-2010, 03:30 PM

Who's the only QB to lead his team to a non Patriot winning AFC EAST title in the last 10 years? We do agree on one thing Junc. Miami should be ashamed of themselves for what happened in 2002. They had the AFC East title within their control and totally blew it. The season ender in NE was a disgrace. Just emphasizes how much that great late 90's early 2000's defense Dolphins fans clamour about sucked *** when the game was on the line. It was loaded with talented but fragile, mentally weak players.

nyjunc
12-08-2010, 03:42 PM
1 super bowl 1 division title in what 42 years and STILL don't even have your own stadium..Pathetic just like their fans..Nothing better then listening to sports talk radio this week here in NY and listening to all the hipocrite cry babies.. All I can say is jets better hope they win this weekend or boy is it gonna get ugly here in NY..or is it jersey?

2 div ttiles since 1998, should you really be crowing when we are coming up on the 10 year anniversary of the dolphins last playoff win?

We have our own Stadium, we are equal partners, we don't have an infield to worry about or a college program sharing the Stadium.

Who's the only QB to lead his team to a non Patriot winning AFC EAST title in the last 10 years? We do agree on one thing Junc. Miami should be ashamed of themselves for what happened in 2002. They had the AFC East title within their control and totally blew it. The season ender in NE was a disgrace. Just emphasizes how much that great late 90's early 2000's defense Dolphins fans clamour about sucked *** when the game was on the line. It was loaded with talented but fragile, mentally weak players.

That was one of my favorite days as a Jet fan. We had a 4PM game w/ GB and needed either Miami to lose to NE or Cle to lose to Atl to make the playoffs. We got to the Stadium early and watched both games in the parking lot and when we went into the Stadium it looked lik both Mia and Cle would win- Cle won but we know what happened in Foxboro and it was just an amazing scene at the Stadium. A day I will never forget.

TPD1479
12-08-2010, 03:44 PM
I myself will never forget the fake spike game that sent the already pathetic jets franchise into a 9 year hole...

nyjunc
12-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I myself will never forget the fake spike game that sent the already pathetic jets franchise into a 9 year hole...

That was the best thing that ever happened to us in the long run. We were stuck in a cycle of mediopcrity(much like Miami now), we'd contedne for the playoffs or maybe sneak in. That loss and the loss next week in NE sent us on a downward spiral where we bottomed out forcing our owner to make a bog move which resulted in Bill parcells and we have been one of the beest AFC teams ever since.

bill parcells
12-08-2010, 09:33 PM

Um uh, wut? 9 year hole? that was 94. they went to the afc championship game in 98. thats 4 years if you're having problems with your math.

bill parcells
12-08-2010, 09:34 PM
That was the best thing that ever happened to us in the long run. We were stuck in a cycle of mediopcrity(much like Miami now), we'd contedne for the playoffs or maybe sneak in. That loss and the loss next week in NE sent us on a downward spiral where we bottomed out forcing our owner to make a bog move which resulted in Bill parcells and we have been one of the beest AFC teams ever since.

You got voted best non fin poster here?

:lol2: