PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Florida to hire Will Muschamp

Dolfan3773
12-11-2010, 09:37 PM
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp has accepted an offer to be the head coach at Florida, sources told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5910011

COphinphan89
12-11-2010, 09:48 PM
:foundout:

DeathStar
12-11-2010, 09:58 PM
now thats a shocking pick...

chrisbaucom
12-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I like the hire.

X-Pacolypse
12-11-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm surprised that it isn't Dan Mullen. I thought for sure he would take that job.

Daytona Fin
12-11-2010, 10:27 PM
solid hire. now hes got to find an offensive coordinator. muschamp is a former fin.

krisko
12-11-2010, 10:42 PM
go gators baby, love it.

phinfan33
12-11-2010, 11:17 PM
i saw the very same thing flash across the bottom of the screen on my tv when i was watching ESPN earlier...i like the hire myself...though i'm like you X,i figured Mullen also when i heard his name as the possible next HC at Fla,but i'm ok with Muschamp.

DeathStar
12-11-2010, 11:27 PM
He is one hell of a recruiter..Looks like Applegate could be their OC....Texas fans call these 2 their best recruiters and say their leaving will hurt their program alot. Plus the Gators gain access to Texas ground for recruiting...

Namor
12-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Fla. makes a GREAT hire with Nick Saban Jr.

Namor
12-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Dammitt....he is going to target Kirby Smart for his D.C.!!!

t2thejz
12-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Dammitt....he is going to target Kirby Smart for his D.C.!!!

Yup and I could see Smart leaving too. If he does steal Smart from us then that will be a hell of a coaching staff. All three will have coached with Saban at some point. The only thing with Smart is that if he leaves he is probably only there for 1 to 2 years max before he is a head coach.

ChambersWI
12-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Nobody is happier than Mississippi State (their athletic department was sweating bullets all week).

COphinphan89
12-12-2010, 01:57 PM
MSU was sweating bullets until about midway through the search when word got out that Mullen had informed his staff that he would turn down any offer UF made. The rumors there are that he is waiting for Paterno to retire/die so he can put his name in for that job. I've calmed down a bit since last night. Our D should improve tremendously with this hire and we are actively looking for a new OC and that's just fine with me. Some reports say Holgorsen, others say Applewhite.

Texas fans are pissed. Just go have a look at ShaggyBevo.com. And this will certainly open up the state of Texas for recruiting. Lord knows we need some big, ugly hay-throwers up front. If we can keep Driskel in our 2011 class (which is almost a certainty) and hire a competent OC, then we should be in good shape.

ChambersWI
12-12-2010, 02:12 PM
MSU was sweating bullets until about midway through the search when word got out that Mullen had informed his staff that he would turn down any offer UF made. The rumors there are that he is waiting for Paterno to retire/die so he can put his name in for that job. I've calmed down a bit since last night. Our D should improve tremendously with this hire and we are actively looking for a new OC and that's just fine with me. Some reports say Holgorsen, others say Applewhite.

Texas fans are pissed. Just go have a look at ShaggyBevo.com. And this will certainly open up the state of Texas for recruiting. Lord knows we need some big, ugly hay-throwers up front. If we can keep Driskel in our 2011 class (which is almost a certainty) and hire a competent OC, then we should be in good shape.

he can get in line for the PSU job. Schiano and Golden want that job too

TedSlimmJr
12-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Good hire by the crocs... nobody's gone wrong yet hiring Nick Saban proteges..

If he brings Dana Holgorsen in as OC, it gets even better.

The key is going to be bringing in someone who understands the concepts of Muschamp's hybrid defense, but Muschamp (like Saban) runs his own defense for the most part. Kirby Smart needs to stay right where the hell he's at...

COphinphan89
12-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Smart would be a dream hire at DC.

Muschamp isn't wasting any time though. Not even 24 hours on the job and he's already contacted big recruits Kyle Christy, Jabari Gorman, AC Leonard, and Jeff Driskel.

spydertl79
12-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Smart would be a dream hire at DC.

Muschamp isn't wasting any time though. Not even 24 hours on the job and he's already contacted big recruits Kyle Christy, Jabari Gorman, AC Leonard, and Jeff Driskel.
Of course he did... Waisome is the recruit that the gators should be worried about losing right now.

COphinphan89
12-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Driskel told Muschamp he's still committed so that's a huge sigh of relief.