PDA

View Full Version : the jets storm continues, defense not happy with rex

Daytona Fin
12-13-2010, 12:17 PM
like i said in another thread, the leonhard injury would be the beginning of the end of the jets. this team is about 7 days away from quitting.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/13/jets-defensive-players-frustrated-with-rexs-criticism/

Jets defensive players not happy with Rex’s criticism
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 13, 2010, 10:55 AM EST
Rex Ryan

This Jets team was supposed to be different because it was balanced. No longer would the team’s stout defense have to carry a young quarterback prone to mistakes.

After Sunday’s 10-6 loss to the Dolphins, the divide between the two sides of the ball is growing. Some defensive players aren’t happy that Rex Ryan expects them to carry the team.
“According to Rex we played [bleepy],” defensive end Shaun Ellis told Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post. “He said we weren’t good enough. I guess we needed a shutout. I guess that’s what he was talking about.”
The Jets defense held the Dolphins to only 131 yards and six first downs. The only Dolphins touchdown came after Mark Sanchez lost a fumble to set up a short field. Ryan’s critique reportedly didn’t sit well with defensive players, most of whom bolted out of the locker room quickly.
“It’s frustrating to hear that because we played a solid game,” Ellis said. “I guess he just expects so much out of the defense that there should have been zero points on the board, not 10.”
Mike Tyson once famously said that everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. The Jets didn’t respond well after taking an uppercut from the Patriots last Monday night.

mindstate
12-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I don't see where Rex gets off putting any blame on the defense, at all. They did everything they possibly could yesterday.

Clipse
12-13-2010, 01:56 PM
I agree with mindstate. Rex Ryan is an idiot for trying to put any blame on the defense. They held us to one of the worst offensive showings in our history.

HurriPhin
12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Crumbling like a cookie.

DisturbedShifty
12-13-2010, 10:27 PM
I know Ryan has said there is enough blame to go around. But to me it sounds like he is looking to blame everyone else but himself and the coaches. He might have blamed himself, but I haven't seen the article yet.

Clipse
12-14-2010, 10:23 AM
I know Ryan has said there is enough blame to go around. But to me it sounds like he is looking to blame everyone else but himself and the coaches. He might have blamed himself, but I haven't seen the article yet.

Rex and his coaching staff, namely Schottenheimer, deserve a lot of the blame.

truthbtold
12-20-2010, 05:49 PM
like i said in another thread, the leonhard injury would be the beginning of the end of the jets. this team is about 7 days away from quitting.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/13/jets-defensive-players-frustrated-with-rexs-criticism/

So ... It's been 7 days ... can I exhale now?
The "Jets Collapse" predictions have been all over this board since
the Green Bay game. We're all still waiting.

Since the NFL went to the 6 Playoff team format in 1990 there's
only been ONE team to collapse and choke away a playoff spot after starting 9-2 ...
The 1993 Miami Dolphins.

Jet Offensive
12-21-2010, 12:00 AM
yep looks like the jets have quit. op deserves an award for the amazing prediction.

redbeard75
12-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Enjoy the luck. The horse shoe is still up the jets *** and its slowly fallin out.

Jet Offensive
12-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Enjoy the luck. The horse shoe is still up the jets *** and its slowly fallin out.

oic the jets got anothe rlucky win yesterday right? lol, you guys are funny.

redbeard75
12-21-2010, 10:44 AM
oic the jets got anothe rlucky win yesterday right? lol, you guys are funny.

I was Really referring to the Detroit, Houston, Denver and Cleveland games. Proves the saying to be accurate. "Its better to be lucky then good."

truthbtold
12-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I know what you're saying.
It's so important to be lucky in this league.
For example ... That was really bad luck when your QB threw a 5 yard dumpoff to Ricky Williams with no timeouts and the season ticking away.

redbeard75
12-21-2010, 01:07 PM
I know what you're saying.
It's so important to be lucky in this league.
For example ... That was really bad luck when your QB threw a 5 yard dumpoff to Ricky Williams with no timeouts and the season ticking away.

I don't understand your arguement. Our offense sucks. Even if it did score enough on the jets to beat them. What I'm saying is this overall season they have been really lucky. A w is a w. I just wish the fins had better luck.

truthbtold
12-21-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't understand your arguement. Our offense sucks. Even if it did score enough on the jets to beat them. What I'm saying is this overall season they have been really lucky. A w is a w. I just wish the fins had better luck.

My argument is this ... luck has very little to do with winning or losing.
Every team gets good breaks and bad breaks. Losing teams cry about bad luck.
It comes down to who makes more plays. That's who wins the game.

Did you guys get lucky when Holmes dropped a wide open TD pass that he catches 99% of the time??? YES.
Was that bad luck for the Jets??? YES.
But still ... The jets had plenty of other chances to win that game, but they didn't get it done that day.
It's not about luck. Its about making plays when it counts.