PDA

View Full Version : question

footsteps_falco
12-13-2010, 04:20 PM
hey my cousin and i are having a debate on how much the patriots bench their starters (under belicheck) in the last game of the season when they have clinched the playoffs excluding their undefeated season. i saw this stat on here a few days ago but cant find it can anyone find that stat or know where i can get it

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-13-2010, 04:24 PM
I dont remember that far back, but going back to 05 vs us in the finale he benched his starters practically the whole game aside from the first series, 06 i dont recall, 07 he played it out for obvious reasons in being undefeated, 08 they needed a win to keep their chances alive and 09 he played them, stating his reason that he wanted the pats starters to get more in sync bc they had not been playing well as a unit. Obviously we know what happened to welker, and with the way the offense is playing this year just fine, and if they have everything locked up, i say we dont see brady and co for more than 2 series tops.

footsteps_falco
12-13-2010, 04:30 PM
so he sat them in 05. in 07 undefeated he started them. in 08 they did not clinch hence he started. in 09 he starts them. 06 we dont know. so basically 05/07/09 he clinched and in 1/3 he sat them. but 07 is undefeated so 50% of the time.

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
so he sat them in 05. in 07 undefeated he started them. in 08 they did not clinch hence he started. in 09 he starts them. 06 we dont know. so basically 05/07/09 he clinched and in 1/3 he sat them. but 07 is undefeated so 50% of the time.
i dont see a chance he plays them. the only way he plays them is if the pats fall to gb this week or buffalo the following week, meaning assuming pitt takes care of the jets and panthers, they will need to win that game or the steelers would need to lose at cleveland for the 1st seed, but if both games start at the same time, they will not know the result of the steeler game, so they may play that game at full strength.

if new england wins the next 2 games, or the pats win 1 and the steelers lose 1 in the next 2 weeks, that week 17 game for new england will be meaningless.

CaSh
12-13-2010, 04:34 PM
I doubt they will play much at all. Probably only a few series, and definitely not past the 1st.

Miami could be well on their way to being 10-6 regardless if we make the playoffs or not. That imo, will be a good finish to a season plagued by Dan Henning and injuries.

dolpns13
12-13-2010, 04:46 PM
He's not going to bench anyone dude.. would be nice, but it aint happenin - not w. belicheck

3rdandinches
12-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Their gonna get a bye so why would they shut it down early. Their starters will play and I bet the whole game, this isn't Indy. BB believes in playing his starters and tell me any time during the year when they we're blowing teams out did they rest Brady??? They didn't even against the JEST blitzes when the game was way out of reach Brady was still throwing the ball. Their not sitting guys and we will have to earn every win this year!

dolpns13
12-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Their gonna get a bye so why would they shut it down early. Their starters will play and I bet the whole game, this isn't Indy. BB believes in playing his starters and tell me any time during the year when they we're blowing teams out did they rest Brady??? They didn't even against the JEST blitzes when the game was way out of reach Brady was still throwing the ball. Their not sitting guys and we will have to earn every win this year!
my thoughts exactly.

beanh8er
12-13-2010, 05:09 PM
They rested Brady yesterday. They didn't rest brady against the Jets because it's the ****ing JETS and they wanted to embarrass them as much as possible which I don't blame them for. With 5:00 left they put in Hoyer. Against the Browns they rested Brady. I think Bills MO is if it's national TV they're not resting Brady because they want to make a statement.

Daytona Fin
12-13-2010, 05:23 PM
i guess you guys missed the game yesterday. brady should have been pulled at halftime. nope. i was hoping for him to get injured because of their ego driven blowout yesterday. dont look for the pats to rest anybody

footsteps_falco
12-13-2010, 05:24 PM
^---------------hahahah best gif everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

satz
12-14-2010, 01:32 PM
If the Seed #1 is there he will sit brady and company. He does not bench brady even against chicago in the 4th quater the backup WR where playing with brady.
on defence 3rd /4th safety where running around. same with no 2 tightend was in there and brady was throwing to him.

incase of injury it gives some chance for brady to throw to backups.