View Full Version : Mort: Alosi suspended for season/fined 25k

finnns2000
12-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Jets suspend Sal Alosi rest of season and fine him $25G - good chunk of salary

http://twitter.com/mortreport

Whoa... 25k!

SRM
12-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Nice.. glad to see they did something about it.

Wish he was fired though.

jtown777
12-13-2010, 08:20 PM
And it ain't over. Wait until the league is finished reviewing it. Goodell had better impose hefty punishment as well!

uga3406
12-13-2010, 08:20 PM
he is suspended for the season?? what is there, 3 games left..wow...big deal...how about terminating his contract

Dr. Phin
12-13-2010, 08:21 PM
More than I thougt would happen...

jnewmant
12-13-2010, 08:21 PM
that's good, and not just because it was a dolphin player he tripped. What he did was the zenith of bad sportsmanship and was completely classless. I think the punishment fits the crime perfectly

Dolphindrew
12-13-2010, 08:22 PM
As far as personal punishment, it's pretty severe compared to what they fine players. Fining this doucher $25K is like fining James Harrison $3M. Glad to see it happen. Also glad Carrol wasn't seriously hurt. Can you imagine the implications if he'd torn his ACL or something? It's just insult on top of injury to an overrated bunch of dirtbags who quite honestly are lucky to be over .500 this year. They're the luckiest team in football, and still don't look like they'll crack the championship game.

LobsterMobster
12-13-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm guessing that 25k is a pretty serious fine for a strength coach.

viper1
12-13-2010, 08:23 PM
I was waiting for a play to get called to the sidelines and have him get run over...

Zounds
12-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Whats 25k in New York? Dinner and a movie?

WaxOn WaxOff
12-13-2010, 08:24 PM
What he did was stupid and classless. But it was a first time offense and he shouldn't lose his job over it IMHO. He is 34. He is still pretty young, hopefully he will learn from it. This punishment is enough.

Daytona Fin
12-13-2010, 08:25 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/12/jetstrip11-1.jpg?w=250

the should suspend the rest of those guys too. look how their feet and bodies are lined up. that was planned

Fintastic2124
12-13-2010, 08:29 PM

the should suspend the rest of those guys too. look how their feet and bodies are lined up. that was planned

That's what me and my bro were discussing. There are like 7 of them waiting to do something. Bunch of damn thugs.

TheJetsBlow
12-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Not good enough. This douchebag should've been fired.

DeathStar
12-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Thats horse****...

should have been FIRED.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Just said on ESPN that the NFL will send a memo about lining up coaches like that on the sideline...something was up about that 7 coach line up...

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-13-2010, 08:38 PM
he should be put in prison for life without parole

dolpns13
12-13-2010, 08:41 PM
And it ain't over. Wait until the league is finished reviewing it. Goodell had better impose hefty punishment as well!

Suspended without pay?

take away draft picks!

jtown777
12-13-2010, 08:47 PM
I still believe it was intentional and set-up by Ryan himself. Sal will never see a dime come out of his pocket. It's a BS PR move. I ain't buyin it. Those idiots were strategically lined up there and the two defenders routed him right into the trap!

Bumpus
12-13-2010, 09:00 PM
$25 Grand + 3 game checks for a strength and conditioning coach ... That hit him in the wallet.

I'm satisfied.

Spesh
12-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Thats horse****...

should have been FIRED.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Just said on ESPN that the NFL will send a memo about lining up coaches like that on the sideline...something was up about that 7 coach line up...

Ooooooh, sending out a memo, way to throw down the hammer NFL!

Had it been Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, they would have sent retired CIA agents after the coach. Then again, this is the same group of individuals that announced the ref's made the right call during the Steelers game and that Channing Crowder never got spit on....

overworkedirish
12-13-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm reporting Sal Alosi has been suspended for the rest of the season and post-season without pay.

http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer/status/14471176218742784

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Per Rotoworld:

Jets suspended strength coach Sal Alosi for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs without pay for tripping Dolphins gunner Nolan Carroll in Week 14.
Alosi was fined an additional $25,000, which is a significant amount for a strength coach. Alosi apologized for his actions Monday, saying he "wasn't thinking" when he stuck out his leg out to prevent Carroll from covering a punt. "Nothing went through my head," said Alosi. "I feel terrible." He's lucky Carroll wasn't seriously injured. He's also lucky to still have his job.

buxster07
12-13-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm glad our team is still a class act. Someone has to represent the afc east with professionalism. We're stuck with the Cheatriots and the Jests.

72champagne
12-13-2010, 09:22 PM
they should fine rex 5 burgers a day. hit them where it hurts. no more hot dogs either.

overworkedirish
12-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Ack. Sorry, didn't see Mort posted. Merge plz.

PhinzN703
12-13-2010, 09:44 PM
It takes me 6 months at my job just to earn 25,000 dollars and it takes this idiot one second to extend his leg. What a maroon

NyPhan23
12-13-2010, 10:02 PM
you a graphic designer by any chance Phinz?

moe
12-13-2010, 10:05 PM
25,000 dollars is a lot. I wonder what his salary is. This guy (and the jets) should just be happy that Carrol was not injured.

go_fins
12-13-2010, 10:06 PM

seriously, the more you look at it the more it seems it was set up. Goodell needs to take away draft picks from the jets.

Roman529
12-13-2010, 10:11 PM
That's sounds fair. 25K is a lot for a strength coach plus three games. I don't think he needs to be fired unless he does something stupid like this again.

dolphans1
12-13-2010, 10:27 PM
You raise an excellent point, the way they were all lined up (staff, trainers on the sideline, why wasn't a flag thrown there...?), I didn't notice it initially, but guys, I am sorry, its like Bill Belichick cheating with taping teams, I just don't understand it, why would anyone ever do something like this...?

And why does stuff like this always seem to crop up against us, I had visions of the snow plow days....

d-1

Vaark
12-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Not severe enough considering it was done with malicious intent and could have been career-threatening. On top of the final 3 games and probable 1-game playoff this season, he should also be suspended through the first 5 games of the 11 season with no pay or access to the facilities. IMO, this is a ceremonial preemptive slap on the wrist because Woody knows it's bad for business otherwise on the heels of the disclosure that someone in the jest organization pimped for Favre in 08. Not a great way to sell those slow-moving overpriced PSLs.

blinder
12-13-2010, 10:58 PM
he is suspended for the season?? what is there, 3 games left..wow...big deal...how about terminating his contract
Can't fire him, if you want him to pay the fine.

Spesh
12-13-2010, 11:41 PM
The NFL will not add to the sanctions

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/23160/jets-deliver-strong-statement-on-sal-alosi

Keep up the good work NFL, you don't appear biased at all.

Coaches are literally allowed to trip opposing players as the league talks about how great player safety is. Simply unreal.

Jeep
12-14-2010, 12:30 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/NFL-suspends-Jets-coach-rest-of-season-for-tripp?urn=nfl-295447

NFL suspends Jets coach rest of season for tripping player
By Chris Chase

The NFL suspended New York Jets strength coach Sal Alosi for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs without pay for his intentional tripping of Miami Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll(notes) on Sunday. He was also fine $25,000. The announcement, first reported by Jay Glazer, came hours after an apologetic Alosi met with the New York media to reiterate his regret for the incident.
In a brief statement at Jets headquarters in New Jersey, Alosi told reporters that he had apologized to Carroll, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano, Jets owner Woody Johnson, team general manager Mike Tannenbaum and head coach Rex Ryan. He said he didn't offer his resignation and would be accepting of any punishment that was handed down.
That ended up being three games, and any potential Jets playoff games, without salary, an essential ban for the rest of the season. The decision was jointly decided upon by the Jets and the NFL. That, plus the fine, is a severe penalty for a coach who makes a working-man's salary, not the millions of dollars earned by the players he trains take in per year.
The 33-year-old coach looked nervous in front of the assembled media earlier on Monday, but his words and mannerisms seemed sincere.

SCOTTY
12-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Not sure who this guy is. The Jets imposed this punishment, nothing at all was reported that the NFL was involved.

ojmcduffy
12-14-2010, 12:43 AM
because it didnt happen to the patriots. If hed tripped tom brady godell would have the video on a 24 hour loop on the nfl network.

Jeep
12-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Not sure who this guy is. The Jets imposed this punishment, nothing at all was reported that the NFL was involved.

The decision was jointly decided upon by the Jets and the NFL

Sometimes it might be worth the effort to read before you post..

SCOTTY
12-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Sometimes it might be worth the effort to read before you post..

Nothing has been released from the NFL that this was a joint decision between the Jets and NFL. The Jets released this as a self imposed punishment.

AdamC13
12-14-2010, 01:42 AM
An impulsive act. Good to hear when someone takes responsibility and handles it like a man. Could have denied. I have seen much more blatant behavior denied by individuals before. Hope he is able to keep his job next year. But also stays the **** away from the sidelines when Miami plays them from now on.

overworkedirish
12-14-2010, 01:42 AM
If this is the Jets punishment, where is that $25K going?? If it goes to the Jets, that is... well, multiple shades of ****ed up

zachblitz54
12-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Team should have been punished also. Shoulda taken a draft pick as well.

Greydolfin
12-14-2010, 09:05 AM
This guy should be fired, not just suspended and fined.

Not an excuse for tripping but why was Carrol running along the sideline anyway? Didn't the team just have a penalty for something similar?

Isn't the rule something like any player pushed or that goes out of bounds should make every effort to get back in bounds as quickly as possible?

Tunaphish429
12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
This guy got involved during a game..He changed a play and he only got fined and suspened?

Thats a joke.

nyjunc
12-14-2010, 10:05 AM
This guy got involved during a game..He changed a play and he only got fined and suspened?

Thats a joke.

Did you want them to put him in the stockade? He is suspended the rest of the year(including the playoffs so he won't get a playoff share) and he was fined. He isn't making millions a year, a $25K fine is huge and the lost money from the final 3 games and any playoff games will be huge.

He didn't necessarily change a play by the way and not to take away blame from Alsoi b/c what he did was wrong but your guy shouldn't have been running out of bounds, you were already flagged for it earlier so he didn't change a play. He made a big mistake and he's paying for it- more so than any of your league leading arrested players or your GM who humiliated a potential draftee.

fsuhunter
12-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Sounds about right. 25k (plus loss of salary for remainder of year) is a lot of money for someone with a normal job.

edit: NYJUNC of course Carrol running out of bounds is irrelevant and a separate issue to what Alosi did.

dbogs
12-14-2010, 10:30 AM
here's my take...after watching the replay over and over, i found it strange that these "staff and inactive players" were standing side by side, foot-to-foot on the line further forward than any other jet player or coach. and then i read yahoo this morning and this statement made sense:

"Alosi was standing next to several inactive players right on the edge of the sideline as Carroll came zipping by, leading some to speculate that perhaps the incident was planned"

now this makes a lot of sense being that we were killing the jets with punts and giving them poor field position. i can almost guaranatee rex told these individuals to stand there and prevent nolan from using the sideline to break free from the defenders.

nolan's mother even offerred her opinion:

Carroll's mother, Jennifer, is Florida's lieutenant governor-elect. She was disappointed to find out it was a strength and conditioning coach who did it.

"Here's a person that's on the team that understands the injuries of these players incurred day in and day out just from normal wear and tear," she said. "He's supposed to be healing these players and making them 100 percent to go out and execute and do their jobs."
She was also thankful her son escaped serious injury.
"It could have been a debilitating situation," she said. "If it were lower to his knee, he could have busted a knee cap. It could have put him out for the season or even for his career."

nyjunc
12-14-2010, 10:58 AM
dbogs: I will check to see what Alosi's Mom has to say and get back to you:lol:

t_sblack99z28
12-14-2010, 11:12 AM
He should of been fired point blank. I would say the samething if it was the other way around and a Dolphins coach did it to a Jets palyer. There is no excuse for his actions. In the real world if you make a mistake that bad you lose your job, there's no fine and slap on the wrist. He easily could of ended Nolans season, what happens when he makes one more dumb mistake and someone ends up on IR. He should of been made an example of, they might as well just give all the Jets coach's hughe sticks and they can throw them at the punt gunners "Big Daddy" style.

Swantoon
12-14-2010, 11:13 AM
I think he should have a permanent sideline ban. He can train guys, but he should not be allowed back on the sideline ever.

dolpns13
12-14-2010, 03:14 PM

It was definitely set up.. Look at the two guys in the middle starting dead at the dudes knee.. Jets better get docked at least their first rounder.

HurriPhin
12-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Classless organization
Classless coach
Classless players
Classless fans.

nyjunc
12-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Classless organization
Classless coach
Classless players
Classless fans.

the one who asks potential draftees if their moms are prostitutes?
The team that led the league in arrests?
If you want to see classless fans check out some of the attacks on me in the last couple of days.

HurriPhin
12-14-2010, 05:36 PM
the one who asks potential draftees if their moms are prostitutes?
The team that led the league in arrests?
If you want to see classless fans check out some of the attacks on me in the last couple of days.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/12/128975892948038397-1.jpg

MR NFLFAN
12-15-2010, 12:44 AM
seeing as this coach stood up and admitted to his mistake then apologized for his actions and also considering it didn't change the outcome of neither the play or the game
and the player was not seriously injuried then in this case I feel the punishment fits the crime.

nyjunc
12-15-2010, 09:17 AM
It was definitely set up.. Look at the two guys in the middle starting dead at the dudes knee.. Jets better get docked at least their first rounder.

Look at all the dolphins lined up staring at the Browns players knees, this was obviously set up:rolleyes2:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

DisturbedShifty
12-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Look at all the dolphins lined up staring at the Browns players knees, this was obviously set up:rolleyes2:

That is true, most NFL sidelines are packed with teams watching the games. Hell head coaches are usually on the brink of standing in the field of play. While that maybe true, it is weird that there would be a bunch of inactive players and a behind the scenes coach standing side by side right next to the side line like that.

Most injured players are usually seen hanging out toward the back of the sideline unless they have a clip board and are helping with play calling. When Marshall and Pennington were hurt, they were hanging out toward the back and watching the game. They weren't standing right next to the sideline. Don't get me wrong, I have seen hurt players standing that close to the sideline before, but they are usually mixed in with other players and staff, but not lined up like they are waiting in the lunch line.

So you have to admit that those people standing there like that is a bit fishy. But unless some one snitches on them, the focus of the whole thing needs to stay on the coach that was involved. Now if the NFL insists on his dismissal, then he might be inclined to rat out anyone that allegedly told him to get in Carol's way.

P.S.- If the NFL doesn't do anything to the coach, I do suspect that they will make some rules saying who is allowed next to the sideline and who isn't.

nyjunc
12-15-2010, 10:35 AM
That is true, most NFL sidelines are packed with teams watching the games. Hell head coaches are usually on the brink of standing in the field of play. While that maybe true, it is weird that there would be a bunch of inactive players and a behind the scenes coach standing side by side right next to the side line like that.

Most injured players are usually seen hanging out toward the back of the sideline unless they have a clip board and are helping with play calling. When Marshall and Pennington were hurt, they were hanging out toward the back and watching the game. They weren't standing right next to the sideline. Don't get me wrong, I have seen hurt players standing that close to the sideline before, but they are usually mixed in with other players and staff, but not lined up like they are waiting in the lunch line.

So you have to admit that those people standing there like that is a bit fishy. But unless some one snitches on them, the focus of the whole thing needs to stay on the coach that was involved. Now if the NFL insists on his dismissal, then he might be inclined to rat out anyone that allegedly told him to get in Carol's way.

P.S.- If the NFL doesn't do anything to the coach, I do suspect that they will make some rules saying who is allowed next to the sideline and who isn't.

My guess is more than the jets do that, none of us are focused on the sidelines so we have no idea if this is normal or not. I would think if it wasn't normal then Miami would have field a complaint.

They did nothing wrong standing there, if the dumb S&C coach wouldn't have bent his knee forward and tripped him nothing would have been made of this.

DisturbedShifty
12-15-2010, 12:40 PM
That's true. But I still have a nasty feeling the NFL will lay some kind of rule down about who can stand where. Seeing as how they love to crack down on everything anymore.