PDA

View Full Version : Mergedx2: Jets announced they have suspended Sal Alosi indefinitely!

andyahs
12-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Jets announced they have suspended Sal Alosi indefinitely because they discovered he instructed players to form a wall on sidelines.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Canadianfishfan
12-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Per @adamshefter via twitter - Jets announced they have suspended Sal Alosi indefinitely because they discovered he instructed players to form a wall on sidelines.

coalesce
12-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Just heard this on the NFL channel on Sirius. No surprise.

Michael

Vaark
12-15-2010, 03:04 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/12/51sq2rGvDVL_SL500_AA300_-1.jpg

DeathStar
12-15-2010, 03:07 PM

that knee cost him 31% of his salary or around $62,000 based on that his salary was $200k and a fine of $25k and 3 lost game checks...

Dolph N.Fan
12-15-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm charging you a late fee on this one...

Myles Fynch
12-15-2010, 03:08 PM
And they said it was a conspiracy. Wake up people. When you see five guys standing like soccer players bracing for a free kick, and your guy running at full speed goes flying when the first one sticks out his knee, this isn't rocket science.

I compliment some of the Jets fans who admitted this act was despicable, but they lost ground when they denied the obvious that it was more than a one man event. If one of the five ratted on the S&C coach, he should be suspended. The rest canned.

andyahs
12-15-2010, 03:09 PM

By what 2.5 seconds?

jtown777
OWNED! But I still think FAT coach Ryan is behind the whole thing! Sal will be paid for taking the fall. And the conspiracy lives on! Jets are an embarrassment to the NFL.

Taysia
Something really looked strange about those 5 guys just standing there in a line. Call me crazy but if a football player was coming full speed at me i would at least back up, especially when he has pads on and I have nothing on but a rain coat and a hat on.

JBinSD
12-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeah I was going to say -- this news JUST came out 16 minutes ago. Nice try though.

spydertl79
12-15-2010, 03:19 PM

That was what I originally thought too but this is different news than yesterday when they announced he was suspended for the rest of the season.

Dolph N.Fan
Yeah I was going to say -- this news JUST came out 16 minutes ago. Nice try though.

Actually I knew about an hour ago.

SA_BUTTA
Zach Thomas was absolutely right....

Patrick_Bateman
12-15-2010, 03:20 PM
I was under the impression that them lining up like that behind the line was technically within the rules, the issue was that Alosi stuck his knee out to intentionally trip Carroll, although I may be wrong about the specifics. But yeah, the way in which they were lined up was obviously planned by somebody, and it looks like Alosi will take the fall for it.

JBinSD
12-15-2010, 03:22 PM

I know you guys hate it -- but also credit Mike Florio for this. He was writing Aiello and everyone involved, saying that it was obviously setup by the team, not just Alosi.

Credit the Jets for being... the Jets.

andyahs
12-15-2010, 03:23 PM

Zach would know!!

Myles Fynch
12-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Respectfully, I don't think this should have been removed from the main forum. It's about an event that took place in the most recent game we just played. After this Sunday's game would have been a better time to move it.

nyjunc
12-15-2010, 03:39 PM
I was under the impression that them lining up like that behind the line was technically within the rules, the issue was that Alosi stuck his knee out to intentionally trip Carroll, although I may be wrong about the specifics. But yeah, the way in which they were lined up was obviously planned by somebody, and it looks like Alosi will take the fall for it.

I don't think it's against the rules and I find the suspension fishy. I don't think Sal was organizing this, I think it goes higher up.

JBinSD
12-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Respectfully, I don't think this should have been removed from the main forum. It's about an event that took place in the most recent game we just played. After this Sunday's game would have been a better time to move it.

I was going to say the same thing Myles (respectfully). How Dolphin related would this have been if it destroyed Nolan Carroll's knee? This is regarding our game last weekend, and the implications thereof.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I don't think it's against the rules and I find the suspension fishy. I don't think Sal was organizing this, I think it goes higher up.

The first thing I agree with you about Junc. As someone put in an image "The Fall Guy."

Myles Fynch
12-15-2010, 03:49 PM

Agreed. There is nothing in that lineup itself that's illegal. A suspension rather than a loss of one's job for a terminable offense leads me to think it's in exchange for silence.

I credit the Jets organization for looking deeper into this (your GM presumably) since the NFL abdicated their platform of "safety first" when they said they would not investigate "the wall" to see if this was an organized rather than spontaneous act.

SkapePhin
12-15-2010, 03:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/15/jets-say-alosi-formed-wall-of-players/

Riiiiiiight.

Alosi just fell on the sword for old Sexy Rexy.

andyahs
12-15-2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?291032-Merged-Jets-announced-they-have-suspended-Sal-Alosi-indefinitely!&highlight=

Valandui
12-15-2010, 03:54 PM
First you throw your team under the bus and now your coaches? Great leadership Rexy the Hutt.

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-15-2010, 04:04 PM
if rex had anything to do with it, the PA will go after him hard. a coach has no right to do anything like that. hes a coach, not a player.

overworkedirish
12-15-2010, 04:58 PM
...this is huge.

jree
12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Agreed. There is nothing in that lineup itself that's illegal. A suspension rather than a loss of one's job for a terminable offense leads me to think it's in exchange for silence.

I credit the Jets organization for looking deeper into this (your GM presumably) since the NFL abdicated their platform of "safety first" when they said they would not investigate "the wall" to see if this was an organized rather than spontaneous act.

They are just saying they are going to look into this further just to satisfy the masses that are angry about the whole ordeal. I am willing to bet that when this is all said and done, Alosi will be the only coach involved with this.

jree
12-15-2010, 05:12 PM

Between you and WhitShoesWilly, I feel bad for you guys b/c all this does is reflect badly on the Jets organization and fan base.

nyjunc
12-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Between you and WhitShoesWilly, I feel bad for you guys b/c all this does is reflect badly on the Jets organization and fan base.

It does but what can we do? The moment I saw the replay I cringed b/c I knew what was going to be said but every team has PR nightmares, they are making a bigger deal w/ us than other teams b/c our HC is a loudmouth and we crave attention. If these things happened under Mangini, they would barely be stories except here in NY.

DisturbedShifty
12-15-2010, 06:00 PM
I said it once already, its like in the first game when they had that player fake an injury so the defense could rest. Only difference is they got caught this time.

Canadianfishfan
12-15-2010, 09:55 PM

I think things like this happen all the time with every team... The difference is that Alosi was caught intentionally sticking his leg out. If he simply let Carrol run into him no-one would be talking about it.

Canadianfishfan
12-15-2010, 09:57 PM
It does but what can we do? The moment I saw the replay I cringed b/c I knew what was going to be said but every team has PR nightmares, they are making a bigger deal w/ us than other teams b/c our HC is a loudmouth and we crave attention. If these things happened under Mangini, they would barely be stories except here in NY.

That Hardknocks series you did opened you guys up to the media. Everything the Jets do now is newsworthy.

Conan
12-16-2010, 07:16 AM
What problem is there with the sideline wall? The personnel were clearly out of bounds, and carrol wasn't forced out. The knee was unacceptable, but i don't think the wall is

nyjunc
12-16-2010, 09:22 AM
That Hardknocks series you did opened you guys up to the media. Everything the Jets do now is newsworthy.

No question about it and it's not just Hard Knocks. This organization has been craving attention since they made the move to get Rex and every little thing will be blown up. Just like no other team that has a player arrested for DWI has faced the pressure the Jets faced no other team would be getting the amount of attention for this incident. That's the way the jets want it, you can't complain when you get the attention.