PDA

View Full Version : jets catch a huge break potentially

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-17-2010, 10:12 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/17/steelers-troy-polamalu-unlikely-to-play-vs-jets/

well, of course he wont be playing most likely vs the jets and heath miller will prob be out also. thankfully, mark sanchez is the qb for the jets and it will be freezing outside, so not having polamalu, the steelers should still be able to win.

nyjunc
12-17-2010, 10:48 AM
That would be a break but please don't complain when You didn't face revis, Holmes and pace the first time you played us, you didn't face Clay Matthews and the ton of injured packers, Lee evans is not playing Sunday, you didn't face Moss or Rice against minny, you didn't face Colt McCoy, you won't see Stafford, ...

every team has injuries, some are bigger tha others but we still have to show and play in order to win.

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-17-2010, 11:09 AM
That would be a break but please don't complain when You didn't face revis, Holmes and pace the first time you played us, you didn't face Clay Matthews and the ton of injured packers, Lee evans is not playing Sunday, you didn't face Moss or Rice against minny, you didn't face Colt McCoy, you won't see Stafford, ...

every team has injuries, some are bigger than others but we still have to show and play in order to win.i love when u say this. first of all, we beat u guys with the great revis, holmes, and pace playing vs us the second time. maybe u guys r better off without them:lol:.

i love when u say we played the packers without Matthews and a ton of injuries. u got to face that same exact team with injuries but with Matthews but u guys also were at home, as opposed to us being away in lambeau. evens out. Matthews is very good, hes no polamalu.

Lee Evans isn't playing, who cares, hes not that great and also he wont play vs u guys also.

as for not facing minn with rice, u guys also didnt play them with rice so wats ur point? and moss? moss is awful this year, hes been a non factor. u wouldnt even know the guy is still in the league now.

nonetheless, u guys will still lose sunday.

nyjunc
12-17-2010, 11:24 AM
i love when u say this. first of all, we beat u guys with the great revis, holmes, and pace playing vs us the second time. maybe u guys r better off without them:lol:.

i love when u say we played the packers without Matthews and a ton of injuries. u got to face that same exact team with injuries but with Matthews but u guys also were at home, as opposed to us being away in lambeau. evens out. Matthews is very good, hes no polamalu.

Lee Evans isn't playing, who cares, hes not that great and also he wont play vs u guys also.

as for not facing minn with rice, u guys also didnt play them with rice so wats ur point? and moss? moss is awful this year, hes been a non factor. u wouldnt even know the guy is still in the league now.

nonetheless, u guys will still lose sunday.

we are in the midst of playing terrible football on offense, you scored 10 pts off TOs deep in our end Sunday, last game your O moved the ball up and down the field on us.

We faced them w/ Matthews, huge difference.

Lee Evans is a good player and commands some attention from the D, that's a significant loss

We faced them w/ Moss when Moss was still trying.

regardless of all this, you do what you have to do to win. I brought up those other facts b/c I see the excuses starting to pile up if we beat Pitt. james harrison and Heath Miller may not play either, those are the breaks. No one cried for us when we lost leon and jenkins last year or lost pace, jenkins, holmes, revis, leonhard, woody,... this year.

DisturbedShifty
12-17-2010, 11:56 AM
@ Fins4eva- Your nuts if you think Lee Evans isn't good. That guy has always been a headache for us. He is a really good receiver, and while it sucks for him he is hurt, I am grateful that he won't be playing.

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-17-2010, 12:47 PM
@ Fins4eva- Your nuts if you think Lee Evans isn't good. That guy has always been a headache for us. He is a really good receiver, and while it sucks for him he is hurt, I am grateful that he won't be playing.
its not that i dont think hes good, i just dont think hes that big of a game changer. sure he has had his games vs us no doubt, but recently he has not done to much harm to us, including the first game vs us.

also, i was just saying in reference to junc who was stating all the breaks we have gotten, i was saying how the jets are getting the same exact breaks plus some. they will prob also play the bills without evans.

WISfinfan13
12-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Not that I am trying to make excuses, but I am 95% sure we would have beaten the Steelers without Polamalu.

But thats the difference between being average and a playoff team, a few plays a season. The Fins have had their chances and failed in big situations.

MR NFLFAN
12-17-2010, 04:03 PM
It might be more of a break for the Jets if Sanchez wasn't playing.

HurriPhin
12-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Dirty could face a highschool marching band and he would still throw a couple of picks and barely manage 50% completions.

nyjunc
12-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Dirty could face a highschool marching band and he would still throw a couple of picks and barely manage 50% completions.

and win more opften than not

AphexPhin
12-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Steelers should still roll the Jets regardless.

HurriPhin
12-17-2010, 05:30 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/12/dirtysucks1-1.jpg

jree
12-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Lee Evans used to torch our secondary. Its almost as if he would wait till he played us to show his candidacy for the Pro Bowl. I'm glad we don't have to see him lined up next to Steve Johnson with Fitzy throwing the ball to them cause Trent Edwards sucks something awful.

Injuries is the reason why depth is so important. It really doesn't matter cause the way Tom Brady is playing, I don't think there is anybody that can beat them this year.

aquaman54
12-18-2010, 05:21 PM
The "MELTDOWN" in East Rutherford just warms my heart. Those self-proclaimed champs,media sweetheart Jets are getting everything they deserve. A galactic-wide search could be made,and you'd NEVER...EVER..NEVER NEVER...EVER find anyone that hates the Jets more than I do!!!!!!!!!!!!

bicketybam
12-19-2010, 10:09 PM
<crickets chirping>

truthbtold
12-19-2010, 10:21 PM
The "MELTDOWN" in East Rutherford just warms my heart. Those self-proclaimed champs,media sweetheart Jets are getting everything they deserve. A galactic-wide search could be made,and you'd NEVER...EVER..NEVER NEVER...EVER find anyone that hates the Jets more than I do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets 22 - Steelers 17 ... Bills 17 - Dolphins 14. Sucks to be you, doesn't it?

Look at the bright side ...
I think you might still be able to go 8-8 this year because the Patroits will lay down in week 17 ... and that would be a good season for you ... because you only won 7 games last year. So 8 wins would mean you guys are moving in the right direction while we're "melting down" to 11 or 12 wins.
Congratulations on another successful season in Miami.

bicketybam
12-19-2010, 10:37 PM
One of the biggest differences is that the Jets have lost only one game to a bad team and that was last week. Meanwhile, the Dolphins have lost to the Browns AND the the Bills. Now Miami fans would argue that the Dolphins aren't a bad team, so in that case, the Jets haven't lost to any bad teams.

1-6 at home. Awful. Playoffs on the line and they lose to Cleveland. Horrible. Playoffs on life support and they lose to Buffalo...at home. Inexcusable.

PhinzN703
12-19-2010, 11:00 PM
we are in the midst of playing terrible football on offense, you scored 10 pts off TOs deep in our end Sunday, last game your O moved the ball up and down the field on us.

We faced them w/ Matthews, huge difference.

Lee Evans is a good player and commands some attention from the D, that's a significant loss

We faced them w/ Moss when Moss was still trying.

regardless of all this, you do what you have to do to win. I brought up those other facts b/c I see the excuses starting to pile up if we beat Pitt. james harrison and Heath Miller may not play either, those are the breaks. No one cried for us when we lost leon and jenkins last year or lost pace, jenkins, holmes, revis, leonhard, woody,... this year.

The Phins are having a mediocre season again so you must be enjoying the time you spend here. Hopefully one day will come when the Phins look like a playoff team that is good so that there won't be any of this bull**** comparing you always scheme up to get everyone's panties in a wad here.

PhinzN703
12-19-2010, 11:02 PM

I think you might still be able to go 8-8 this year because the Patroits will lay down in week 17 ... and that would be a good season for you ... because you only won 7 games last year. So 8 wins would mean you guys are moving in the right direction while we're "melting down" to 11 or 12 wins.

Reminds me of when I was in 7th grade. How old are you anyway? I understand this sort of back and forth banter if you're 13 or 14 years old but at this point in 'our' lives, I hope there is more to your life than to be on this site with the sole intention of nanny nanny boo boo jack-assery.

Jets won, Dolphins didn't. What's next? Do you need a virtual high five or something?

truthbtold
12-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Reminds me of when I was in 7th grade. How old are you anyway? I understand this sort of back and forth banter if you're 13 or 14 years old but at this point in 'our' lives, I hope there is more to your life than to be on this site with the sole intention of nanny nanny boo boo jack-assery.

Jets won, Dolphins didn't. What's next? Do you need a virtual high five or something?

Well ... HE started it!!! :chuckle:

AphexPhin
12-20-2010, 01:58 PM

Congrats on the big win dawg! But where were you before the big win (and after that awful loss to the Fins at the new Meadowlands??? Probably lurking. Its all good though homie

Sanchez may have gotten out of his slump which is good timing to say the least.

Jet Offensive
12-21-2010, 12:08 AM
anothe rwinnign thread on finheaven. keep em coming. i love how none of the fins fans show up in these threads after the fact, lol. just wishing they would drop to the second page i'm guessing.

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-21-2010, 12:44 AM
anothe rwinnign thread on finheaven. keep em coming. i love how none of the fins fans show up in these threads after the fact, lol. just wishing they would drop to the second page i'm guessing.
what is wrong with this thread? this thread isnt titled jets are going to lose this week, it was made on friday about how they potentially caught a huge break without polamalu suiting up for pittsburgh. this thread is not made to bash, it was just stating a fact. it was still a good win, no one is saying otherwise.

bicketybam
12-21-2010, 08:56 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/17/steelers-troy-polamalu-unlikely-to-play-vs-jets/

well, of course he wont be playing most likely vs the jets and heath miller will prob be out also. thankfully, mark sanchez is the qb for the jets and it will be freezing outside, so not having polamalu, the steelers should still be able to win.

Yup. No bashing going on here.......

sent from my EVO 4G

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Yup. No bashing going on here.......

sent from my EVO 4G
it wasnt really bashing, it was what i thought was going to happen, but the bottom line is the thread wasnt started to bash the jets, it was about a potential break the jets were catching.

p.s, if your going to show up and talk after the jets win, can you at least not be a coward and hide when the jets are losing like a typical troll?

bicketybam
12-21-2010, 12:22 PM
it wasnt really bashing, it was what i thought was going to happen, but the bottom line is the thread wasnt started to bash the jets, it was about a potential break the jets were catching.

p.s, if your going to show up and talk after the jets win, can you at least not be a coward and hide when the jets are losing like a typical troll?

also. thankfully, mark sanchez is the qb for the jets and it will be freezing outside, so not having polamalu, the steelers should still be able to win

If you are going to try and say that the above quote isn't bashing, then what is it? A compliment? Maybe I'm slow, but I interpret that as "It doesn't matter if Polamalu play or not, Sanchez is so bad that it doesn't matter. Steelers will win." Is that not what you meant? Please enlighten me.

As far as calling me a coward, I have all of 6 (now 7) posts over here. Don't make it sound like I here on a regular basis talking up the Jets when they win and running for cover when they lose. Not the case. So I apologize for not being here after your Super Bowl like victory over the Jets. Congrats. You beat us.

Ilovemyfins4eva
12-21-2010, 12:31 PM
If you are going to try and say that the above quote isn't bashing, then what is it? A compliment? Maybe I'm slow, but I interpret that as "It doesn't matter if Polamalu play or not, Sanchez is so bad that it doesn't matter. Steelers will win." Is that not what you meant? Please enlighten me.

As far as calling me a coward, I have all of 6 (now 7) posts over here. Don't make it sound like I here on a regular basis talking up the Jets when they win and running for cover when they lose. Not the case. So I apologize for not being here after your Super Bowl like victory over the Jets. Congrats. You beat us. well if their ever was a week for a jet fan to come and talk football here, it would have been jet dolphin week. i dont see why you would want to come and talk on here this week? o ya, because the jets won and the fins lost.

bicketybam
12-21-2010, 02:07 PM
If by some miracle the Bills beat the Pats this weekend and the Jets beat the Bears, who do you root for in the week 17 Pats/Dolphins game?

Jet Offensive
12-21-2010, 04:10 PM
what is wrong with this thread? this thread isnt titled jets are going to lose this week, it was made on friday about how they potentially caught a huge break without polamalu suiting up for pittsburgh. this thread is not made to bash, it was just stating a fact. it was still a good win, no one is saying otherwise.

not really talking about the thread title just the subsequent posts really.