PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Kills! ... a hoax?

Bumpus
12-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Hmmm ... food for thought.

http://www.bizarrenews.org/content/view/148/1/

Charlie the smoking chimpanzee dies aged 52

Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Charlie, a Chimpanzee in a South African zoo who became addicted to cigarettes, has died at the age of 52, exceeding the average lifespan of a captive chimpanzee by twelve years. After a video of Charlie puffing on cigarettes discarded by visitors appeared on the Internet, the animal and the zoo gained international attention and some visitors threw him additional cigarettes.
According to his keepers, Charlie was "an occasional smoker" and even tried to hide his habit from his keepers, who were trying to get him to quit by giving him ...

CedarPhin
12-22-2010, 03:39 PM
My great grandpa smoked two packs a day until the day he died, and he was 96.

Tunaphish429
12-22-2010, 03:40 PM
It does kill..Not only that it ages you faster, but thats for most ppl..

Like all drugs, Nicotine has different effects on different ppl..

If your a smoker who smokes to relieve stress and anexity once in a while..Maybe a pack every 2 weeks or so. It may not be all that bad for you..

Bumpus
12-22-2010, 05:33 PM
My great grandpa smoked two packs a day until the day he died, and he was 96.

May we all be so lucky. :up:

SpurzN703
12-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Some that never smoke a day in their lives get lung cancer. What do you tell them?

KL24
12-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Some that never smoke a day in their lives get lung cancer. What do you tell them?

This happened to Christopher Reeve's wife. Dead at 42. Then you hear about the people who were chimneys their entire lives and lived to 80+. I guess you could call it luck, and it could even be genetic related. We still don't know enough about cancer to really give an explained answer, but I think it's obvious that the choice of smoking sways your odds in one direction or the other.

Locke
12-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Pollution in the air mostly. In some parts of china, the cancer rate is so high that the residents have to wear masks just to go outside. Pretty scary stuff...