PDA

View Full Version : cris collinsworth:worst ever commentator?

dreday
12-31-2010, 02:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g03h7_58Uo&feature=player_embedded

getting owned by matt cassell...

CedarPhin
12-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Dan Dierdorf is worse.

rob19
12-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Joe Theisman is worse still

PhinzN703
01-01-2011, 07:26 PM
So he was wrong in his comments, it happens to every 'expert'.

dreday
01-01-2011, 08:03 PM
collinsworth has plenty of competition though.

i can't stand the following:

shannon sharpe: aka mr. ed meets daffy duck.don't have speech coaches @ CBS?? plus he's always making reckless comments about players/teams and then gets proven wrong.

merrill hodge: if y'all don't like herm edwards (in case u don't), i don't see how you like this guy.sounds like he smokes meth and takes jack daniels shots right before he goes on air.

mike ditka: another near-future alzheimer's patient. sometimes I think he forgets where he is on ESPN. watch this sunday how every now and then he looks around like "where am I, and who are all these fools with suits on?"

jalen rose: this is what it would look like if a 12 year old was allowed to be a ESPN analyst. he just gets excited for no reason and joy rides anybody that plays well even if he JUST said before the game they were trash or that they would lose.

joe theisman: this guy relates everything to football that has absolutely something to do with another sport,that makes absolutely no sense.a genius at being an idiot.

surprising favorites (ones I thought would be trash as commentators, but like them)

keyshawn johnson: hated him as a player, but he spits nothing but truth every weekend. and unlike other football commentators, he's not afraid to go out on a limb with his picks and opinions.

jon gruden: hated him in the league too, but he can be the next john madden if he sticks to it. he brings that "average joe football fan" perspective like john madden did while sprinkling in his coaching expertise just as madden did. (and he's not a madden wannabe like matt millen.)

steve young: just didn't think he would be a good commentator because he was a pretty quiet player. but everything he says rings true whether you like it or not. and you gotta love how he made matt millen mad.really the ONLY reason to like the guy though.

Bumpus
01-03-2011, 02:01 AM
Close. I'd still have to go with Bryant Gumbel

CedarPhin
01-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Close. I'd still have to go with Bryant Gumbel

Greg Gumbel's pretty good though.

CedarPhin
01-03-2011, 03:58 AM
The GOAT announcer is Gus Johnson though. Especially at Tournament time.