PDA

View Full Version : This Ryan Mallett Kid...

The Phinisher
01-04-2011, 11:02 PM
I really don't know much about this kid or have never seen him play until now in this Sugar Bowl. With some hype going to this kid, I really don't see anything special about him. He really hasnt done anything to make me say Wow! Well, it's only the first half so far so well see....

Can we win a SB
01-04-2011, 11:05 PM
I think he reminds me of a taller Chad Henne.

KillerB
01-04-2011, 11:06 PM
His WRs are dropping passes like crazy, and his oline is getting him killed. But still, I'm with you, I am not seeing anything to back up all the hype I keep hearing about this kid.

ButtBonger
01-04-2011, 11:07 PM
did you see the first pass of the game? laserbeam

Can we win a SB
01-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Ya but we all know what a strong arm can do. Lol. His drop backs haven't been fluid, tries to use arm strength on every pass like that second pass of the game after the first drop when his receiver ran an in route.

NCFINFAN13
He looks like he's 9 feet tall. I've seen him look much better, but Ohio St is really playing him well. Drops are hurting him.

BTW ... Pryor is looking very good. IMO

KillerB
did you see the first pass of the game? laserbeam

Yeah, that was a nice pass. Can't believe that pass was dropped.

ckparrothead
He's clueless under pressure, doesn't throw with great accuracy, doesn't place the ball well short, and he's never shown any comprehension of touch concepts and how they're used in the passing game. He doesn't lead his team well, he's not well liked in the locker room. I'm not a huge fan. But, he's got a lot of talent, so he has to be in the mix at some point, just not at #15.

KillerB
01-04-2011, 11:13 PM
He just looks really hesitant and indecisive in the pocket. He wants to throw the ball, then he doesn't, then he wants to throw it again, then he gets sacked. It just seems like he is holding the ball too long. Gotta give some credit to the Ohio State defense though. They are relentless.

KillerB
01-04-2011, 11:14 PM
He's clueless under pressure, doesn't throw with great accuracy, doesn't place the ball well short, and he's never shown any comprehension of touch concepts and how they're used in the passing game. He doesn't lead his team well, he's not well liked in the locker room. I'm not a huge fan. But, he's got a lot of talent, so he has to be in the mix at some point, just not at #15.

Yeah, he seems pretty useless unless he has a clean pocket. Good luck seeing a clean pocket on a regular basis in the NFL.

dreday
01-04-2011, 11:20 PM
joe flacco 2.0

chrisbaucom
01-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Ryan Leaf 2.0....guy is a crybaby punk

Namor
01-04-2011, 11:37 PM
I think he reminds me of a taller Chad Henne.

Not even close.

CedarPhin
01-05-2011, 12:02 AM
He had some real nice passes that were dropped. At least 3.

HurriPhin
01-05-2011, 05:57 PM
joe flacco 2.0

:ponder: More like Flacco 0.2

I see more Ryan Leaf in this kid than anything like ChrisBaucom said. I'll flip out if we even consider Mallett. Makes some good throws especially to the outside shoulder down the field and across the middle, but very poor pocket awareness and doesn't have good accuracy on short throws.

dreday
01-05-2011, 09:38 PM
:ponder: More like Flacco 0.2

I see more Ryan Leaf in this kid than anything like ChrisBaucom said. I'll flip out if we even consider Mallett. Makes some good throws especially to the outside shoulder down the field and across the middle, but very poor pocket awareness and doesn't have good accuracy on short throws.

as ive said,flacco isn't anything special..

flacco is a product of a good team....he is inconsistent, but he has good running backs, solid d, and line.. mallet and flacco are identical players damn near.... good arm,move slow,shaky in the pocket,same height ...mallet mirrors flacco..

and i agree he's a lot like leaf too,has some physical tools but immature.

X-Pacolypse
01-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Looks like a taller Chad Henne to me.