Finlawyer
01-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Bailed out OSU with an unforced pic

Strangeworld
01-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Yes.. he is Henne 2.0... stay away

zach8111
01-05-2011, 01:21 AM
ya he had exactly 0.000000000001 sec to throw that ball... all out blitz and o-line blocks no one. NO QB makes a play there

Jdub561
01-05-2011, 01:22 AM
Ive beeen saying For 2 years he is a tall chad Henne.... He did go to michigan before transfering

Third Eye
Agreed, I'm not in favor but not necessarily just because of tonight. I am most impressed with the guy from Missouri.

trojanma
He is more accurate on the deep throws.
I think his pocket presence is a little better though it didnt show it today.

SR 7
01-05-2011, 01:26 AM
the second I saw that backer come in from the middle i yelled out game over bc i knew what was coming. Like I told CK, watching this QB and watching Luck its night and day. You see a franchise QB in one and a good back up in another if not a journeyman type of QB.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

ya he had exactly 0.000000000001 sec to throw that ball... all out blitz and o-line blocks no one. NO QB makes a play there

thats why you don't FORCE it.

You want a QB you take Luck, Gabbert, or Weeden. You want a QB you hope pans out you take Yates.

Mogwai
01-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Mallet has a lot more going for him than Henne BUT if you can't come through in the clutch, nothing else matters. Equally worthless.

JCane
01-05-2011, 01:29 AM

Bull****. Mallet couldn't see the lineman dropping into coverage with the blitz coming from the corner. You have to recognize that stuff.

That's the SAME exact coverage Ohio State used against Miami when Heyward picked off Jacory and damn near took it to the house.

JAMAICA
01-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Told you guys Mallet was an average mistake waiting to happen from a while ago. His ceiling is Carson Palmer.

Ottoevans7
01-05-2011, 01:32 AM
i dont know about ya, but I thought he looked good. I mean Ohio had to drop 36 on them to win. And count how many dropped passes the Hogs had, it was insane

Third Eye
01-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Told you guys Mallet was an average mistake waiting to happen from a while ago. His ceiling is Carson Palmer.

And Carson Palmer rocks Henne to the ground all day long.

finsfanjay13
01-05-2011, 01:39 AM
You want a QB you take Luck, Gabbert, or Weeden. You want a QB you hope pans out you take Yates.

My only concern with Weeden is that the guy is already 27 years old. You won't get 10 years out of him like you could a "true" Junior.

Ottoevans7
01-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Yeah I think if Palmer would have been on another team he would have been a top 5 Qb. And I dont mean a NE or Pitt, im talking about a average team like the Tenn or SF

YoungLee
01-05-2011, 01:41 AM
I thought there was a similarity between the two. Maybe the haircut did it. But did you see all those effing drops? If his receivers catch those balls they win most likely. Not to mention he had no help from his Oline on that pick. Did you not watch the play?

JAMAICA
01-05-2011, 01:43 AM

That's nice and all, but Henne is a horrible quarterback. You can draft a QB in the mid rounds that will "rock him to the ground"

Point is that Mallet isn't worthy of a first round pick. He's not worthy of giving the keys to the franchise.

JAMAICA
01-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Luck, Newton, or Gabbert don't throw a gimme pick in that situation. No way. It was 2nd down with a full minute to go. That's pathetic, IMO.

Chad Henne does, and that's pretty much the company Mallet will find his name with throughout his NFL career.

Ottoevans7
I really hope Mallet is available for us.

Look at his completion % vs the top teams

63% vs Georgia
65% vs ALabama
71% Texas A&M
66% vs Auburn
70 vs South Carolina
56 LSU

Danwow67
I see alot more of Joe Flacco than I do C. Henne

Ottoevans7
01-05-2011, 01:46 AM
I thought there was a similarity between the two. Maybe the haircut did it. But did you see all those effing drops? If his receivers catch those balls they win most likely. Not to mention he had no help from his Oline on that pick. Did you not watch the play?
OMG I cant wait o see the stats. There were like 10 drops a couple for TDs

JCane
01-05-2011, 01:50 AM
I really hope Mallet is available for us.

Look at his completion % vs the top teams

63% vs Georgia
65% vs ALabama
71% Texas A&M
66% vs Auburn
70 vs South Carolina
56 LSU

Stats stats stats blah blah blah.

Watch the games. Stats tell a completely different story sometimes.

Mallet freaks when pressured. How well do you think he'd hold up behind our garbage offensive line and Henning's **** play calling?

Consider Mallet's skill set and the system he's entering...not what he did against Auburn's trash defense.

twohype
01-05-2011, 02:04 AM
Yes.. he is Henne 2.0... stay away

Yep, you are right on target.......just say no Phinz

dreday
01-05-2011, 02:05 AM
I see alot more of Joe Flacco than I do C. Henne

joe flacco is a product of being on a already good team man......flacco to me is not a great QB.he's wildly inconsistent, but he has good running backs, solid line, solid defense. mallet to be effective in pros is gonna have to be like joe flacco and land on a already built squad.

joe flacco isn't terrible but he isn't anything special..

they are identical players damn near.... good arms,move slow, inconsistent out the pocket, same height...they are like a mirror image of each other

MagicDolphin86
01-05-2011, 02:14 AM
I think he has more touch and could hit the 5 yard outs better than henne does, henne never hits those routes, however mallets pocket awareness is pretty terrible and he isn't athletic at all might be slower than marino

Ottoevans7
01-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Stats stats stats blah blah blah.

Watch the games. Stats tell a completely different story sometimes.

Mallet freaks when pressured. How well do you think he'd hold up behind our garbage offensive line and Henning's **** play calling?

Consider Mallet's skill set and the system he's entering...not what he did against Auburn's trash defense. OK ok lets see todays game then. Did you see how many dropped passes there were? He had a great 2 minute drill before the half and threw a perfect pass but the receive dropped it in the endzone. The guy was on point all game

JCane
01-05-2011, 02:23 AM
OK ok lets see todays game then. Did you see how many dropped passes there were? He had a great 2 minute drill before the half and threw a perfect pass but the receive dropped it in the endzone. The guy was on point all game

I definitely seen all of the dropped passes. That right there along with the blocked punt at the end of the game cost Arkansas this game. Mallet didn't lose this game. But that doesn't dismiss his inability to throw the football under pressure. He'll see a lot more pressure at the next level than he will at the college level. And Ohio State doesn't even blitz. They were getting pressure off of their front four all night. Did YOU see that? Imagine Mallet freaking when a good defense stack eight in the box and brings the house. He was inaccurate as hell when he had to step up in the pocket tonight. Dude just crumbled.

Clipse
01-05-2011, 03:11 AM
Henne - Huge arm, inconsistent accuracy, bad touch, bad timing, stiff in the pocket, bad decision making.

Mallett - Huge arm, inconsistent accuracy, bad touch, bad timing, stiff in the pocket, bad decision making.

Mallett is not the answer imo.