PDA

View Full Version : i dont smoke but the FDA is...

dreday
01-06-2011, 12:58 AM
going to ban menthol cigarettes....

link (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204685004576045862249685694.html?KEYWORDS=lorillard+news)

Among the company's tactics: buying up a host of menthol-bashing Internet domain names, including MentholKillsMinorities.com, MentholAddictsYouth.com and FDAMustBanMenthol.com.

Keeping those names out of the hands of critics is just one part of Lorillard's multimedia campaign to thwart a possible ban. The fight's next round is scheduled for next week, when a special FDA tobacco advisory committee is scheduled to meet to review data regarding menthol products. In March, the panel will recommend whether to extinguish menthol cigarettes altogether—including Lorillard's top-selling Newport brand.

Bumpus
01-07-2011, 05:45 PM
As a smoker (Camel Menthol) - May I just say, "**** the FDA!"

CedarPhin
01-08-2011, 02:39 AM
Newport's stocks fell about 3 dollars a share today. Must have gotten bad news.

Myles Fynch
01-09-2011, 03:20 AM
I don't smoke either, but the warning on tv for Chantix was so insane I thought I was watching a fake SNL sketch.

My favorite part is the "vivid, unusual, or strange dreams." If it wasn't for the other side affects I'd start smoking just so I could use Chantix to stop.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm198176.htm

Chantix acts at sites in the brain affected by nicotine. It provides some nicotine effects to ease withdrawal symptoms and blocks the effects of nicotine from cigarettes if users resume smoking.

The medication guide for Chantix states that the product is not recommended for people under 18 years of age.

The most common side effects of Chantix include nausea; constipation; gas; vomiting; and trouble sleeping or vivid, unusual, or strange dreams.

In addition to the warnings about changes in behavior, depressed mood, hostility, and suicidal thoughts or actions when taking this drug, the patient medication guide for Chantix cites other adverse affects and risks—including allergic reactions, serious skin reactions, and trouble driving or operating heavy machinery.

Stop taking Chantix and call your health care professional right away if you notice any of these symptoms, or develop other symptoms included in the medication guide for patients.