PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 2004

iceblizzard69
12-26-2003, 09:59 AM
Anyone here have FIFA 2004? I got it last night and it is alright, I am sure I will like it more once I start to play it. They added a lot more leagues and the franchise mode seems pretty cool. You can also play online, so once I start to get better I will try that out.

Prime Time
12-26-2003, 12:22 PM
FIFA sucks man. Why would you waiste $50 on that. My god!!! Come on man, If you want to play a soccer game that feels like real life soccer, buy Winning Eleven 6: International. Give it a try, I have told you about it. I promise you will not regret it.

iceblizzard69
12-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
FIFA sucks man. Why would you waiste $50 on that. My god!!! Come on man, If you want to play a soccer game that feels like real life soccer, buy Winning Eleven 6: International. Give it a try, I have told you about it. I promise you will not regret it.

This isn't the "I have never played FIFA 2004 but I am going to bash it anyway" thread. :rolleyes2

Anyway, does anyone here have FIFA 2004?

Prime Time
12-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Preda does, but he has been absent from the forum in quite some time.

iceblizzard69
12-26-2003, 02:57 PM
Aight.

I just played online and it isn't a great online game. It is different than going up against the computer, but not that different. It was still fun though. I lost my first game but won the second.

Prime Time
12-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Exactly why WE is awesome. The feeling when you play the CPU and a person is completely different. Winning Eleven takes strategy, unlike FIFA where oyu can dribble up the field with one guy and score. Trust me, just give WE a shot, I can almost guarantee you will enjoy it.

iceblizzard69
12-27-2003, 12:57 PM
You can't just dribble up and score anymore. It was so much fun when you could do that though. :)

The biggest problem with FIFA is how you will always miss so many shots. If you don't have your joystick straight, your shots will always go wide, so to score you have to be running straight or not running at all.

I was playing on Amateur as the USA and beat Mexico 4-0. It sounds like a beatdown (and it was) but the problem is that I took 17 shots and should have scored way more.

The easiest way to score now is outside the box. The defenders are now way back so the only way to get inside is to get the ball to your winger and then have them go into the box or pass the ball from a winger into the box. You can't just take your striker and go right into the box anymore.

Prime Time
12-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
You can't just dribble up and score anymore. It was so much fun when you could do that though. :)

The biggest problem with FIFA is how you will always miss so many shots. If you don't have your joystick straight, your shots will always go wide, so to score you have to be running straight or not running at all.

I was playing on Amateur as the USA and beat Mexico 4-0. It sounds like a beatdown (and it was) but the problem is that I took 17 shots and should have scored way more.

The easiest way to score now is outside the box. The defenders are now way back so the only way to get inside is to get the ball to your winger and then have them go into the box or pass the ball from a winger into the box. You can't just take your striker and go right into the box anymore.

That is just as bad. There should be no one formula in soccer that works to score. There isn't in real life. Play Winning Eleven, you can score from wherever, and you can do so many things that you cant in FIFA, such as how they play with the ball and ball control. I have had the game since April, and I just saw a new move last week, that I had never seen before. That is stupid that you can only score while going straight, that is so GHEY and unrealistic. Try Winning Eleven, you will enjoy it, I promise.