PDA

View Full Version : Coach P going to UCONN

Hayden Fox
01-13-2011, 07:15 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-01-13/uconn-hires-paul-pasqualoni-as-football-coach

Good for him. He got screwed at Syracuse.

Hurr1cane17
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
UConn student here. I'm kinda pissed because I thought we were getting Whipple, and I couldn't stand Pasqualoni as a DC here.

Hayden Fox
01-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Cuse has never recovered since he left. He recruited NJ very well.

vagrantprodigy
01-13-2011, 07:29 PM
poor UCONN

NCFINFAN13
01-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Paving the way for when TS is looking for work.

dolpns13
01-13-2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-01-13/uconn-hires-paul-pasqualoni-as-football-coach

Good for him. He got screwed at Syracuse.

how did he get screwed at syracuse? more like he screwed syracuse..

Im from Syracuse, I saw everygame, I watched this joke of a coach completely destroy our program

dolpns13
01-13-2011, 09:40 PM
UConn student here. I'm kinda pissed because I thought we were getting Whipple, and I couldn't stand Pasqualoni as a DC here.

Although I HATE everything that is UCONN, I feel sorry for you guys that your going to have to endure more bad football with PISSqualoni as your HC. You were better off with your old HC

j-off-her-doll
01-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Worst DC in NFL history?

miamiz19d
01-13-2011, 09:42 PM
its tough times... everybody needs a job.

TheJetsBlow
01-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Worst DC in NFL history?

That title is, and always will be held by Tom Olividatti.

SQuinn17
01-13-2011, 09:52 PM
They would have been a lot better with Whipple at HC. Gonna be fun watching my Alma mater smash them every year now lol. Go Bulls!!

X-Pacolypse
01-13-2011, 10:00 PM
What happened to Mark Whipple taking that job?

Hayden Fox
01-13-2011, 10:10 PM
how did he get screwed at syracuse? more like he screwed syracuse..

Im from Syracuse, I saw everygame, I watched this joke of a coach completely destroy our program

How many BCS bowls has Cuse been too since he left?

Greg Robinson killed the University not Coach P.

ChambersWI
01-14-2011, 03:17 AM

I can agree with that. Paul only had 1 losing season at Syracuse (though he REALLY started to struggle in BIg East play), and was putting players into the NFL. BUt he was always fighting an uphill battle because he took over for a VERY popular Dick MacPherson.

But in all honesty, I doubt he would've been fired by anybody but Daryl Gross (who came over from USC and wanted to make a big splash). Gross's move for Greg Robinson failed big time though

CedarPhin
01-14-2011, 04:34 AM
How bad must you feel if you're Mark Whipple?

chrisbaucom
01-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Pretty bad, but I have heard that guys ego wouldn't fit inside the state Connecticut. Apparently Mr. Whipple thinks alot of himself.

dolpns13
01-14-2011, 11:04 AM

The only reason why he was successful at Cuse was because of the players he had. They made him look better than he actually was which was evident when the McNabbs, Freeney's, Bullock's, Allen's, etc... all left. Robinson inherited crap left by Pissqualoni.. Why do you think Pissqualoni was fired!

Tunaphish429
01-14-2011, 11:13 AM
The only reason why he was successful at Cuse was because of the players he had. They made him look better than he actually was which was evident when the McNabbs, Freeney's, Bullock's, Allen's, etc... all left. Robinson inherited crap left by Pissqualoni.. Why do you think Pissqualoni was fired!

He was fired because Gross wanted to bring in his own guy. Thats what a college football coach does..He recruites players..Its 75% of his job to get good players there..Not to mention Syracuse had a great defense when he was in Cuse... If Coach P got Vick to come there (which almost happend) There would be statues of him at the Dome and on Marshall st.

ChambersWI
01-14-2011, 11:44 AM

gotta call bull. Paul isn't the greatest coach in the world, but he recruited a hell of a lot of talent to Cuse. Robinson may not have had the most talented team, but he didn't help matters because he didn't like recruiting, nor did the staff he put together. Trust me, as MIchigan's DC the most recruiting GRob ever did was tell William Gholston he'd make a great rush linebacker in his defense.

Tunaphish429
01-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Coach P is a good coach, He even got a bad rap here at Miami...His NT gets hurt..Joey Porter refused to come off the field Rookie Cornerbacks, Gibril Wilson, Akin Ayodele..He did some good things here.