PDA

View Full Version : Feel bad for JT

SeasonsMusic
01-24-2011, 01:30 AM
As happy as I am to see the Jets lose, did anyone see JT's postgame presser? He was just about in tears, you can tell he wanted this so bad, felt terrible for such a great player.
He is at the very end of the presser if you want to watch.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d81de0e2b/Jets-postgame-press-conference

67Stang
01-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Hell no I don't feel sorry for him. He needs to go get some education in class from ZT. "He is so happy to be a Jet". Well, retire a Jet without a ring. Screw that dude, it was always about him.

MadDog 88
01-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Sorry, but I have a hard time feeling bad for him as I am sure most Dolphin fans do.

Miamifinz
01-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Maybe in a few years I can let go of this grudge I have against him for becoming a Jet, and feel badly for him. Honestly, today I simply relished the loss. I feel a little bad for LT too. It's always sad when players just can't quite make it to the big one. JT is passionate about this sport, probably moreso than most other players, and he'll be remembered for that.

CChambers84
01-24-2011, 01:37 AM
nope, not at all..he can burn in hell

Phanatical
01-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Honestly, that was a great moment for me, seeing him about to cry. It was right up there with Rex Ryan throwing down his headset when the Steelers converted the 3rd and 6 with under 2:00 left to go. I rewound them like ten times each. Great night. What's even better, he only had two tackles contributed all game and ZERO impact plays. Screw JT.

GO PHINS~!

Blitz
01-24-2011, 01:43 AM
Today made the season for me. Seeing Rex Ryan throw down his headset like that was PRICELESS. As for JT...well, he could have gone elsewhere. The Jets were almost surely not the only team willing to sign him. I bet the Steelers or Packers would have considered him. So screw JT for trying to "stick it to us," or whatever went through his mind in 2010. He traded his goodwill in South Florida for only a relatively meager contract in New York City. Did he really say this was the toughest loss of his career? How about letting down Marino and JJ in that 62-7 debacle? Good luck in Hollywood, dreamer.

Anyway, the Jets are not going to be back next year. This year was their going-all-in-shot and they came up short. Rex and Co. will prove to be a flash in the pan. The Patriots will be the serious competition for us next season and beyond.

SRM
01-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Honestly I couldn't watch that and not feel bad for him, even though I do hate him for going to the Jets. You can tell how bad he wants a ring. If it were any damn team that weren't in the AFC East, I'd root for him. But here, while he's on that team, I just can't.

67Stang
01-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Maybe in a few years I can let go of this grudge I have against him for becoming a Jet, and feel badly for him. Honestly, today I simply relished the loss. I feel a little bad for LT too. It's always sad when players just can't quite make it to the big one. JT is passionate about this sport, probably moreso than most other players, and he'll be remembered for that.

Ya, I feel bad for LT, not JT. It's ok though, they can both watch the SB on LT's Vizio!

Dolphins9954
01-24-2011, 01:46 AM
JT sucks.

67Stang
01-24-2011, 01:47 AM
Honestly I couldn't watch that and not feel bad for him, even though I do hate him for going to the Jets. You can tell how bad he wants a ring. If it were any damn team that weren't in the AFC East, I'd root for him. But here, while he's on that team, I just can't.
Ya, so he could rub it in our face. Seriously, he made his bed.

SRM
01-24-2011, 01:49 AM
Ya, so he could rub it in our face. Seriously, he made his bed.

See, that's the part of him I hate :lol:

I should have noted, this feeling bad for him after watching that is only ever so slight.

kud
You're a kind soul... too kind. JT is a backstabbing douche.

ohall
F him.

Ricky4Life
01-24-2011, 01:51 AM
**** jt!

Nawledge
01-24-2011, 01:59 AM
f*ck him...if Im gonna feel bad for anyone not getting a ring its Marino...not that douchebag

madmic21
01-24-2011, 02:00 AM
I usually feel bad for Vets with potential Hall of Fame careers when they get this close and fail. You know deep down that they have worked their entire life for that one moment. But JT has been at the back of my book, even when he was a fin, I just never liked him. And going to the Jets was just a bad idea on his part. I don't know if he had other options or not. But a Jet. Come on JT. From what I seen from him today his days are numbered. Guess we will see if he comes crawling back...

3rdandinches
01-24-2011, 02:03 AM
I feel sorry for ZT having him in his family!

Valandui
01-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Screw that traitor. He could have signed with any other team in the league.

DzakkH13
01-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Hell no!

He chose to be apart of the f*cking Jest.

Nawledge
01-24-2011, 02:07 AM
i dont care how long JT was here and what he did here...the second i found out he signed with the jets he was a piece of sh*t in my book.

#1dolphinsfan
01-24-2011, 02:10 AM
I don't feel bad at all about JT as of right now I never want him to win a super bowl unless he comes back to the fins which most likely won't happen

HurriPhin
01-24-2011, 02:13 AM
Who's this Jason character everyone keeps talking about?

HeartbreakKid28
01-24-2011, 02:19 AM
I don't feel sorry for him now. I do feel sorry for JT and Thomas, Madison, Ricky, etc. that the Dolphins never found a great QB/coach to get that amazing dolphins defense a Super Bowl opportunity back in 2000-2003.

I don't see him as a "traitor" because I blame overrated Parcells, who bailed on us after 2 years for what happened. JT wanted to play and would have played for the Dolphins if they showed interest. They didn't, the Jets gave him a great amount of money, whatever. He'll go into the Hall as a Dolphin and that's that. I'm glad he lost with the Jets though regardless of what Parcells did.

Nawledge
01-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Who's this Jason character everyone keeps talking about?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/03/jason_taylor_red_rooster_strut-1.png

phinsfan84
01-24-2011, 02:37 AM
nope, not at all..he can burn in hell

Come on man this is over the top. I can understand the sentiment many fans share but to me this is just overboard but your entitled to your opinon i suppose.

Personally I love JT. Do I wish he woulda ended his career in miami? Hell yes. Do i understand why he didnt? yes. Would I have made the same decison? I dont think so, however we dont know all the details.

Regardless of this year Jason Taylor is one of the greatest Dolphins of all-time and a sure fire Ring of Honor inductee. And all of this coming from the BIGGEST JETS HATER AROUND!!! Believe me!

Blitz
01-24-2011, 02:42 AM
A Jet in the Ring of Honor? No way!

JT chose the Jets over the Dolphins. He can retire as a Jet and hope they celebrate his career at some point in some way.

Semedi
01-24-2011, 03:09 AM
I don't feel bad for JT for a second. I loved watching him shove Steelers around like a baby while they were kneeling. **** him.

Donnie & Dude
01-24-2011, 03:13 AM
I don't feel bad for a selfish player.

He plays his whole career with one team, then leaves off a rough year, comes back when they have a good year, and then leaves again to the bitter arch rival to try and win a ring in 1 season? He can cry all he wants.

You saw ZT said he would not have played with the pats. Loyalty. Jason is all about jason.

hemidemon
01-24-2011, 03:20 AM
No way do I feel sorry for a Jet. Jt is a Jet. I was hoping Pittsburgh was gonna slam the Jets 42-3.

losrudos1
01-24-2011, 03:25 AM
I could sit and watch the JT part of that video in a loop over and over and over again, and save it to use for the rest of my life to lift me up out of a bad mood...girfriend leaves me, just watch the video and all better...dog dies, watch the video...lose my job, watch the video. its better than any drug I could buy!

ohall
01-24-2011, 03:27 AM
A Jet in the Ring of Honor? No way!

JT chose the Jets over the Dolphins. He can retire as a Jet and hope they celebrate his career at some point in some way.

Agreed, I would really hate to see his name in the stadium, he went too far.

MP-Omnis
01-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Jason Taylor is like a rejected puppy. Poor guy. Dude just wants to be wanted.

Finland
01-24-2011, 03:53 AM
If my younger brother played for the Dolphins, then got let go, and went to the Jets, I think it would be fine to want him to win the superbowl.
So it is just a matter of asking "when would it not be OK".
I have to say I was torn, I did not want to watch Rotten-burger go to the Superbowl again, so I didn't care if the Jets would have came back.
But, certainly don't feel sorry for JT or LT. And it was great to see Ryan fail. His hype will only work so many times. Their Playoff story will be worse next year.

Batroc
01-24-2011, 03:57 AM
In the words of a former FH poster His tears "taste like candy" to me :) Suffer Jason suffer!

Mogwai
01-24-2011, 04:00 AM
Did you feel bad for the emperor in star wars? Don't join the ****ing dark side.

JT made his bed and he has to lie in it.. with Rex and Mrs. Ryan and some random dude she's whacking off with her feet.

Finland
01-24-2011, 04:13 AM
Sorry I actually watched the video clip. JT is an idiot.
Totally acting job for a contract. He is such a knob.
Now I see why someone said Zach wish he wasn't related.
JT is a drama queen.
And his creamy boasting of the Jets org is a slap to our heritage in miami, even though our org has sucked in recent years, it sits poorly with me.

BeEasy
01-24-2011, 04:43 AM
Did you feel bad for the emperor in star wars? Don't join the ****ing dark side.

JT made his bed and he has to lie in it.. with Rex and Mrs. Ryan and some random dude she's whacking off with her feet.

bhahahahah!!!!

peace4all
01-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Sorry for him?Not at all, actually i felt very happy.See, if he had won and went to the superbowl, he would have said something like "that's why I quit on those loser dolphins, so I could finally go to a superbowl on a great team like the jets".Now he is forced to realize that going to the jets won't help him fulfill his dream, and he will probably retire without a ring.How could I feel sorry for that?

jlfin
01-24-2011, 07:29 AM
First of all, he is a very good player , NOT great. That is supported by his career post season stats. He has never been a game changer in a big game.
Marino is the only Dolphin player who I feel sorry for because he carried this team for several years on his shoulders.
I can recall many playoff seasons in which this team would have been lucky to even go .500 were it not for Marino. When I see guys like Brady and Roethlisberger getting accolades for winning multiple SB's and Marino being criticized for not, it makes me angy because he was much better than either of them.

raving
01-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Man this thread redeemed my faith in mankind. I mean when I saw the title I worried Dolphin fans had lost their moral compass.

This sleaze bag - JT put a huge knife in the collective back of ALL Dolphin fans everywhere.

He could not wait to fly up to NY and sign with the Jets of all teams to end his career.

Call it business - fine. It's ALL business! And to me its my business to go to Duncan Donuts today and buy a CELEBRATE the Jets and JT (and LT) losing Donut - Probably like a chocolate donut with cream filling or a maybe a glazed Donut. IDK I'll have to think about it!

ArmyFin7
01-24-2011, 07:39 AM
I feel about as bad for him as I do the Taliban when we kill them.

Orlando Fan
01-24-2011, 07:42 AM
JT went with the Jets because they were the only team that would sign him, it was the jets or sit at home this season, and to be honest, JT is more upset that that could be his LAST game in the NFL more than just losing a AFC Campionship game. He knows his career is about done.

JT tried everything he could to stay with the Fin's, the FO did not want him plain and simple, Man has to feed his family, I don't blame him for what he did. You don't let pride get in the way of taking care of your family.

Vaark
01-24-2011, 07:48 AM
He's a hypocritical passive aggressive traitorous self-serving prique who never did come up big when it counted most. To the contrary, for me, watching him suffer, was icing on a tasty cake.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/01/xpvmdt-1.jpg

rickd13
01-24-2011, 07:55 AM
I can't think of one time during Jason Taylor's entire career that he dominated a important game or a playoff game. In fact, it was just the opposite. He was a non-factor in almost every single one of them. He was one of the biggest reasons the defenses he was part of in Miami were such a disappointment every time they made the playoffs or were fighting to get in them. The defense just didn't show up, and Jason Taylor was one of the biggest culprits of their meltdowns. Just like in Miami, J.T. was a non factor for the Jets when they needed him most.

BostonFinFan13
01-24-2011, 07:57 AM
I can't feel bad for the guy. I just cannot feel bad for any Jet. JT or not.

zackmandude63
01-24-2011, 07:59 AM
I don't feel sorry for him now. I do feel sorry for JT and Thomas, Madison, Ricky, etc. that the Dolphins never found a great QB/coach to get that amazing dolphins defense a Super Bowl opportunity back in 2000-2003.

I don't see him as a "traitor" because I blame overrated Parcells, who bailed on us after 2 years for what happened. JT wanted to play and would have played for the Dolphins if they showed interest. They didn't, the Jets gave him a great amount of money, whatever. He'll go into the Hall as a Dolphin and that's that. I'm glad he lost with the Jets though regardless of what Parcells did.

Madison got a ring in '07 with the Giants.

PATSSUCK
01-24-2011, 08:01 AM
JT went with the Jets because they were the only team that would sign him, it was the jets or sit at home this season, and to be honest, JT is more upset that that could be his LAST game in the NFL more than just losing a AFC Campionship game. He knows his career is about done.

JT tried everything he could to stay with the Fin's, the FO did not want him plain and simple, Man has to feed his family, I don't blame him for what he did. You don't let pride get in the way of taking care of your family.

I HATE when professional athletes used this bs phrase. It is a slap in the face to everyone, who wakes up at 6 in the morning and works all day for a pay check. It is an insult tp people with out jobs actually struggng to feed their families. JT plays a GAME for a living and had made MILLIONS of dollars in the process. If he retired with some class and remained loyal, would his children have straved in the streets? Only thing that pisses me off more is fans who make a fraction of that these guys make actually making this ridiculous arguement.

JCane
01-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Hell no I don't feel sorry for him. He needs to go get some education in class from ZT. "He is so happy to be a Jet". Well, retire a Jet without a ring. Screw that dude, it was always about him.

LOL. Shouldn't it be? I mean, that's what it IS all about.

I know in my life, it's ALL about ME ME ME. That's who I am and that's who I care aboutóME.

I have no loyalty to my employer because they have no loyalty to me. And you have no loyalty to your employer either because as soon as a better opportunity comes along, you'll bail on your company just like Jason Taylor bailed on his.

I have no sympathy for the Jets and I have no sympathy for Jason Taylor. That's the business of the NFL. Good for Jason for going out and joining a better team with an opportunity to compete for a ring. That's what it's all about...but I'm glad they lost.

Vaark
01-24-2011, 08:07 AM
LOL. Shouldn't it be? I mean, that's what it IS all about.

I know in my life, it's ALL about ME ME ME. That's who I am and that's who I care about—ME.

I have no loyalty to my employer because they have no loyalty to me. And you have no loyalty to your employer either because as soon as a better opportunity comes along, you'll bail on your company just like Jason Taylor bailed on his.

I have no sympathy for the Jets and I have no sympathy for Jason Taylor. That's the business of the NFL. Good for Jason for going out and joining a better team with an opportunity to compete for a ring. That's what it's all about...but I'm glad they lost.

How could it possibly be all about you when clearly the world revolves around ME?

#1Phins
01-24-2011, 08:29 AM
I Don't

PortFin
01-24-2011, 08:49 AM
I don't feel bad for him at all. In fact, him being on the team in the first place made me want them to lose even more than I already would have.

zachblitz54
01-24-2011, 08:49 AM
He's a jet. F him. I am glad he is upset.

SebasMiamiFan
01-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Hell no! He made himself a hated figure with Miami to win a ring with our rivals and he failed. He deserves this.

Greydolfin
01-24-2011, 09:27 AM
I can't think of one time during Jason Taylor's entire career that he dominated a important game or a playoff game. In fact, it was just the opposite. He was a non-factor in almost every single one of them. He was one of the biggest reasons the defenses he was part of in Miami were such a disappointment every time they made the playoffs or were fighting to get in them. The defense just didn't show up, and Jason Taylor was one of the biggest culprits of their meltdowns. Just like in Miami, J.T. was a non factor for the Jets when they needed him most.

I was thinking the same thing, he was never there when the team needed him.

DisturbedShifty
01-24-2011, 09:38 AM
You know, I have said it before. Jason Taylor is one of my all time favorite Dolphins players, and I will always view him as a Dolphin. But when you put all your "eggs in one basket" like that, it's hard to feel bad for someone when they drop the basket.

Don't get me wrong, the Jets were the only other team to offer him a contract. But we all know that he signed on with them for two reasons. One, he wasn't ready to retire(some will say it was for money). And two, he thought he had the best chance at making a Super Bowl with the Jets. But I do not feel sorry for him that he didn't make it into the Super Bowl. Just like I don't feel bad that Tomlinson didn't make it either. I know the media seems to be trying to spin up some sympathy for the older players on the Jets, but again I don't feel bad for them because they didn't make it to the Super Bowl.

Kdawg954
01-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Some of you are crazy lol.

Look, I don't feel bad for the guy . . . he joined a hated rival and I wanted them to lose last night . . . feeling sympathy for him was lost when he put on that green and white uniform. However, I don't hate JT . . . some of these "burn in hell" comments are just overboard. There would be much more hate towards him if the Fins actually offered him a contract and he declined us to play with the Jets, that is not the case, and I can't knock a man for not begging and pleading with the Fins to offer him a contract and actually going to another team who did offer him a contract, even if it is the Jets.

Trying to discredit his solid play with the Dolphins because he is a Jet now is just comical, JT was a great player for this team for years . . . a face of this defense and former DPOY . . . he is getting older now, and he wanted to win a ring . . . meaning he wanted to still play. Nobody knows if Miami offered him a contract would he have stayed but clearly he wanted to continue playing and the Jets offered him a deal and he took it.

Now I'm not sure if his motives were to say FU to the Dolphins, or further his acting career, or whatever . . . but to trash this man like he is being trashed in this thread is a bit much.

JCfinfan
01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Screw JT!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueFin
01-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Sorry, I really don't care. This is the Jets were talking about and I admit to rooting for the Steelers yesterday.

In the end, I'm a Miami Dolphin fan, not a players fan...I only care about the players that are currently trying to help my team win.

MO Dolphan
01-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Loves Miami and hates the Jets. Then wants out of Miami. Then wants back in Miami. Then goes to the Jets and loves them. I can't keep up with this guy!?!?! If he could, he'd sign with Pittsburgh or Green Bay this week.

MDFinFan06
01-24-2011, 10:08 AM
i gotta admit, this pretty much just made my day. he disgusts me for leaving us for the jets, inexcusable.

Kdawg954
01-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Loves Miami and hates the Jets. Then wants out of Miami. Then wants back in Miami. Then goes to the Jets and loves them. I can't keep up with this guy!?!?! If he could, he'd sign with Pittsburgh or Green Bay this week.

Good Point, I wouldn't bet against that happening.

But even with this back history of JT, I wonder why people like Ricky Williams more than him (or atleast is seems that way) . . . JT did far more for this organization, and Ricky quit on this team when we needed him more than ever.

I guess if Cam Newton transferred to Alabama instead of going into the draft, he would be hated by Auburn as well, so I understand.

Penthos
01-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Good Point, I wouldn't bet against that happening.

But even with this back history of JT, I wonder why people like Ricky Williams more than him (or atleast is seems that way) . . . JT did far more for this organization, and Ricky quit on this team when we needed him more than ever.

I guess if Cam Newton transferred to Alabama instead of going into the draft, he would be hated by Auburn as well, so I understand.

That's the diff right there... Ricky quit miami to go smoke pot and find himself. JT quit Miami to go play for the enemy.

Vaark
01-24-2011, 10:25 AM
lets not forget that JT was also one of the internal instigators revolting against Cam's authority... so he was not beyond being a selfish locker room cancer either.

dolpns13
01-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Screw him.. He does not deserve my sympathy and will NEVER get it! He doesnt deserve to play in a superbowl. I am very happy that he saw his best chance to play in a superbowl, just get flushed down the toilet. It would be icing on the cake if the Jets release him and he has to go play for buffalo or something.

NJDOLPHAN76
01-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Not in the least...he got what he deserved!

Adam Strange
01-24-2011, 10:38 AM
I just don't know why he's deemed "worthy" of a Super Bowl. Last night, in probably his last chance at a ring, he had a grand total of two tackles, that's it. No sacks, fumbles, interceptions, nothing but two tackles. Fits right in with the rest of his illustrious career in aqua where he simply vanished in playoff games. So I don't know why he deserves to be on a team that carries him to a Super Bowl ring. He's had his chances and done nothing with them.

I also don't know why being on the team that wins a Super Bowl, in a season where you've done nothing to actually get said team to the Super Bowl (much less win it), should be the factor which finally pushes Taylor into the Hall of Fame. He either deserves to be there for his exploits in his prime, or he doesn't. I don't think he deserves it. He was, like the rest of JJ's defense, overrated.

hab321
01-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Hate JT, no, thats more emotion than I'm willing to spend on him. I just don't care. I am glad the Jets lost, but dang I also hated rooting for the Steelers.
Side note - How are the Jets stacked for next year? Are they in any kind of salary cap trouble or do they have any free agent issues looming? Just curious if they will be as good this coming season.

FightingPhins
01-24-2011, 10:53 AM
That's the diff right there... Ricky quit miami to go smoke pot and find himself. JT quit Miami to go play for the enemy.

This.

There is a huge difference between a deserter and a defector.

Kdawg954
01-24-2011, 10:58 AM
This.

There is a huge difference between a deserter and a defector.

Agreed, but being that he still wanted to play, and Miami never really offered him a contract and the Jets did, what did u expect him to do?

He was a FA and I though he maintained that he wanted to stay in Miami. I dunno, so many stories out there who knows what the real case was. Ricky quit after we mortgaged our future for him, causing us to draft Ronnie and possibly passing up on Aaron Rodgers. I will never forget what he did to us.

phins_4_ever
01-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Not sure why anybody would feel bad for JT. Going somewhere else in an attempt to win a Superbowl in the late stages of a career is one thing but to go to a rival, after he himself declared 'I hate the Jets and their fans', is ridiculous. Thurman Thomas came to us after a stunning career in Buffalo. But he never declared 'I hate the Dolphins and their fans'. Yet I am sure the Bills fans feel or felt the same way about TT as we do about JT.

JT not only took the business side (money) into consideration when he made that move. He was trying to stick it to us. In my opinion, JT is a football mercenary of the worst kind. I could care less what happens to him in the future as long as he doesn't win the big one. As a matter of fact, I have forgotten most of his good plays he made for us. I treat him as a football player without any loyalty and worse, a football player who seeks revenge on his former employer and its fan base.

I certainly hope that he will never be on the Ring of Fame. If he is: I get balloons filled with paint and make sure that it will be unreadable.

Orlando Fan
01-24-2011, 11:02 AM
I HATE when professional athletes used this bs phrase. It is a slap in the face to everyone, who wakes up at 6 in the morning and works all day for a pay check. It is an insult tp people with out jobs actually struggng to feed their families. JT plays a GAME for a living and had made MILLIONS of dollars in the process. If he retired with some class and remained loyal, would his children have straved in the streets? Only thing that pisses me off more is fans who make a fraction of that these guys make actually making this ridiculous arguement.

Yeah he plays a game, but we all cannot play Pro sports or be movie stars or be President or be a high powered Businessman. BUT what we all have in common is that we take care of our familes the best we can regardless of the cards we are dealt in life. Also by the way there are PLENTY of pro atletes that after their careers are done do go broke, mainly from medical bills to try to repair their wreaked bodies. Very few like the Phil Simm's and the like are able to keep their millions rolling in once their playing days are done.

rev kev
01-24-2011, 11:03 AM
What Rex has softened his "we are going to the superbowl" rubbercheck writing to we have a "goal" to get to the SB - I'm disappointed

jlfin
01-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I still remember Tony Boselli backpedaling toward the endzone while taunting JT following a big TD play for the Jags.
The elite LT's in the game usually DOMINATED him. Watch video of him against the likes of Boselli, Ogden etc. He was stonewalled in nearly every game.

Phinatic8u
01-24-2011, 11:35 AM

I hate that "they have to feed there family ****." They made millions they should have problems feeding there families.

**** I make 120k and I have no problem feeding my family & buying them whatever they want.

Hate the argument. (no offense to you Orlando)

Storm54
01-24-2011, 11:35 AM

Seriously, this has to be one of the dumbest most overused excuses ever made concerning a pro athlete going to a rival team. Has to feed his family? Seriously? With the amount of money JT has made over his career I highly doubt for one second that they are having to pinch their wallets to make ends meet. Also hell no I dont feel sorry for him, fell out of my chair laughing everytime they cut to Jason on the sidelines with his head down in dispair, and the interview afterwards is priceless.

butta247
01-24-2011, 11:43 AM
JT proved what a POS he is last night trtimg to jump over the oline when they were kneeling....that made my evening to see his desperation....I laughed so hard......JT always had his biggest games when they meant the least....the way I look at it he was never a Miami dolphin

napsndreds
01-24-2011, 11:54 AM
JT is so lame...he did his thing here but it all went sour when he became a Jet...one year in ny and he loves playing for rex and mike and how this is his worst lost ever? good...jets losing felt like a dolphins win to me...i cant stand JT

napsndreds
01-24-2011, 11:56 AM
JT is garbage now... "well see if rex and mike want me back"? you are a has been guy...delusional...step out of the spotlight right now

Vaark
01-24-2011, 12:12 PM
JT is so lame...he did his thing here but it all went sour when he became a Jet...one year in ny and he loves playing for rex and mike and how this is his worst lost ever? good...jets losing felt like a dolphins win to me...i cant stand JT

Seeing that I'm in total agreements with naps, I should probably check outside to see whether hell's frozen over or if pigs are flying! :clap:

iceman7213
01-24-2011, 12:16 PM
He will get no sympathy from me.

napsndreds
Seeing that I'm in total agreements with naps, I should probably check outside to see whether hell's frozen over or if pigs are flying! :clap:

just goes to show you that i'm indeed not a troll and though you disagree with me on many things atleast we can agree on one thing, thats what i call progress. Atleast try to meet me halfway on my views and you will see the light.

Ed Norton
I laughed about it!

D-bolt
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Good, maybe he can retire and be inducted into the Jets ring of honor because I don't want to see him in Miami's.

*Demi*God*
01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
To the people saying we never offered him a contract, well we offered him one in November he wouldnt sign it...And to just say hey wait until training camp and we will see were we are and discuss from there isnt not wanting him back...Our D was GOOD without him last year...Cam Wake did a GREAT job of making me forget we ever had a #99 playing on our team...I hope he dosent get into OUR DOLPHINS RING OF HONOR...He spent most of his career trashing the Jests and their fans and what did he do, tucked his tail and ran to them because Rex claimed they were Super Bowl champs and what happened....The Jests were over rated to begin with...But everyone in the media crowned them before any games had been played....The Jests, LT and JT got what they deserved....And to the person who asked about their vets who have contracts ending yes they have a few on offense, Brad Smith, Santurdio Holmes, Braylon Edwards that I know of off hand...Then on D, Cromartie is a FA as is Revis I do belive or Revis might sit out again for MORE money, and the BETTER LB David Harris is a FA as well...

thegreat54
01-24-2011, 12:25 PM
**** jason traitor, zach thomas and dan marino never won the superbowl and theyre arent wynning around

FINFAN15
01-24-2011, 12:41 PM
God damn.JT wanted to come back Parcels did not want him.He wanted to play football still Jets gave him a contract he signed it end of story.To make a huge deal about it is moronic.The guy gave the best years of his career to this team he needs to be treated better by the fans.God Parcells pulled a far worse crime on this team and no one bashes him like they do Jt.I am just stating the facts.

FINFAN15
01-24-2011, 12:44 PM
To the people saying we never offered him a contract, well we offered him one in November he wouldnt sign it...And to just say hey wait until training camp and we will see were we are and discuss from there isnt not wanting him back...Our D was GOOD without him last year...Cam Wake did a GREAT job of making me forget we ever had a #99 playing on our team...I hope he dosent get into OUR DOLPHINS RING OF HONOR...He spent most of his career trashing the Jests and their fans and what did he do, tucked his tail and ran to them because Rex claimed they were Super Bowl champs and what happened....The Jests were over rated to begin with...But everyone in the media crowned them before any games had been played....The Jests, LT and JT got what they deserved....And to the person who asked about their vets who have contracts ending yes they have a few on offense, Brad Smith, Santurdio Holmes, Braylon Edwards that I know of off hand...Then on D, Cromartie is a FA as is Revis I do belive or Revis might sit out again for MORE money, and the BETTER LB David Harris is a FA as well...

Ok we may have offered him a number on a cocktail napkin like Parcells did we Ricky Ricky signed Jt would not do it with out his agent looking at the complete contract.Would you sign something without your lawyer looking at it.This was his livelyhood at stake .

*Demi*God*
01-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Ok we may have offered him a number on a cocktail napkin like Parcells did we Ricky Ricky signed Jt would not do it with out his agent looking at the complete contract.Would you sign something without your lawyer looking at it.This was his livelyhood at stake .

If I really wanted to play bad enough and wanted to finish out my career as a Phin yes I would have...and AGAIN with the "his lively hood" argument...Its not like the guy was being offered pennies he was offered actually right around what the Jets paid him and not to mention the fact the man has made MILLIONS over his career and looks to make millions more AFTER he retires...And you must not read many posts around he because PLENTY of people have bashed BP for what he has done...But again he wasnt a Dolphin from the start and go to a hated rival...Zach wanted a ring and what did he do? Marino wanted a ring and had offers from the Vikings and Steelers and what did he do...He retired a Dolphin...And if his best years were vanishing in important games then man those were Hall of Fame years....none of that takes away from the fact that JT is a hypocrite all the years he bashed the Jests and the fans and look he went crawling to them...Screw him

dcnr226
01-24-2011, 01:08 PM
As happy as I am to see the Jets lose, did anyone see JT's postgame presser? He was just about in tears, you can tell he wanted this so bad, felt terrible for such a great player.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d81de0e2b/Jets-postgame-press-conference

I understood his decision to join the Jets. We left him no choice. But he played for the Jets, so i had no choice but to hate him. Now that they faltered (GOD IS GOOD), NOW i can feel bad for JT. He is a good man, a GREAT man, but only now can i feel bad for him..

shula_guy
01-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Some of you are crazy lol.

Look, I don't feel bad for the guy . . . he joined a hated rival and I wanted them to lose last night . . . feeling sympathy for him was lost when he put on that green and white uniform. However, I don't hate JT . . . some of these "burn in hell" comments are just overboard. There would be much more hate towards him if the Fins actually offered him a contract and he declined us to play with the Jets, that is not the case, and I can't knock a man for not begging and pleading with the Fins to offer him a contract and actually going to another team who did offer him a contract, even if it is the Jets.

Trying to discredit his solid play with the Dolphins because he is a Jet now is just comical, JT was a great player for this team for years . . . a face of this defense and former DPOY . . . he is getting older now, and he wanted to win a ring . . . meaning he wanted to still play. Nobody knows if Miami offered him a contract would he have stayed but clearly he wanted to continue playing and the Jets offered him a deal and he took it.

Now I'm not sure if his motives were to say FU to the Dolphins, or further his acting career, or whatever . . . but to trash this man like he is being trashed in this thread is a bit much.

Lets be fair about this:

It was JT and Porter who started problems on the flight home from London
It was JT who refused to attend the minnicamps as was requested of him
It was Parcells who resigned him after he went to the Redskins
They did offer him a new contract at the end of the season and JT declined it to test the waters of FA
By the time he realized his services were not in demand as much as he hoped and he wanted to resign the team had already decided to go in another direction and his roster spot was filled with another player.
JT was under the missconception that the Miami community thought the sun rose and sunk on his every whim. I have no ill will toward him but as far as I am concerned when he left and how he left burned his bridges. He is a Jet player now and anything good he did as a Dolphin player is overshadowed by his behavior over the past 3-4 years.

I feel sorry for his poor wife who lives in the Miami community and has to live with the embarassment he brought to his family. He is a quitter, a liar, a cheater, and an egomaniac. That is his legacy.

jree
01-24-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't care about JT. I'm very indifferent about him. The fact that I hate the jets so much makes it spill over and hate anybody that plays or coaches for that team. What pisses me off more than anything is the woe-is-me the dolphins wanted to wait to sign me attitude that he used and will still use to justify his move to the jets. I wish he would just come out and say that he felt the jets had a better chance of winning a SB and thats all that he wanted. Atleast Favre said his main goal was to stick it the Pack for how he was treated his last year.

Jason Taylor said he didn't feel like he could wait any longer for the fins to get back to him. That he felt he wasn't wanted cause of the lack of "Formal" contract proposal. It bothers me more that it wasn't alright for the dolphins to get back to him but its alright for the jets to get back to him after they take care of their other FA's.

PhinzN703
01-24-2011, 05:07 PM

I don't.

nyjunc
01-25-2011, 09:08 AM

Be nice, at least we got him to a conference title game for the first time in his career.

Penthos
01-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Be nice, at least we got him to a conference title game for the first time in his career.

You say "be nice", then take a shot at the Phins in the same sentence while adding absolutely nothing of substance to the discussion. And here I was thinking people call you a troll because you use a picture of one as your avatar.

nyjunc
01-25-2011, 05:18 PM
You say "be nice", then take a shot at the Phins in the same sentence while adding absolutely nothing of substance to the discussion. And here I was thinking people call you a troll because you use a picture of one as your avatar.

When will you ever post something of substance on this board?

jree
01-25-2011, 07:09 PM

Its the truth. JT hasn't won a playoff game since 2000 until this year.