PDA

View Full Version : Mike Berardino: 42 reasons to celebrate New York Jets' Super Bowl shortcomings

BAMAPHIN 22
01-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Now that it's over, Miami Dolphins fans everywhere can exhale.
Now that a furious second-half rally has fallen short, now that we know the New York Jets won't be going to the Super Bowl after all, it's time for those that bleed aqua and orange to count their blessings.

42. Sal "The Tripper" Alosi won't be getting a ring.

41. Or, if there's any justice, his old job back.

40. All of Antonio Cromartie's 3-year-olds.

39. Braylon Edwards (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/sports/football/braylon-edwards-PESPT008839.topic)' scraggly early-season beard.

38. Mike Westhoff's B-cup, er, pecs.

37. Santonio Holmes coming that cheap.

36. That stupid spread-armed, flying thing.

35. Brett Favre's one and done.

34. Jenn Sterger's lost marketing opportunities.

33. Litigious team masseuses and their husbands.

For More See: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fl-mikeb-new-york-jets-super-bowl-20110124,0,5384410.column

twg76
01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
"36. That stupid spread-armed, flying thing."

That Channing Crowder does all the time when he makes a rare play.

dolpns13
01-25-2011, 02:32 PM
This is my favorite.

2. Fireman Ed having NOTHING to do until draft day.

Aqua and Orange
01-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Overall, I understand that it is pathetic that this franchise has been reduced to simply rooting for others to fail while perpetually out of the playoffs...but GOD I hate the Jets and am so happy they are done.

Tunaphish429
01-25-2011, 02:40 PM
The Jets are better than us and maybe better next year, but I just love that they lost. To me its Boston Red Sox Style so close but yet so far away. Better luck next time you loud mouth mother****ers.

Canadi-Phin
01-25-2011, 02:46 PM
"36. That stupid spread-armed, flying thing."

That Channing Crowder does all the time when he makes a rare play.

Actually he did it only in the Jet game to mock them

Wildbill3
01-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Actually he did it only in the Jet game to mock them
Shhhh crowder haters gonna hate.

JBinSD
01-25-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm equally pleased about the Jets demise. Seriously -- 1) Miami Dolphins 2) Anyone that plays the NYJ = my favorite teams.

nyjunc
01-25-2011, 05:16 PM
what mickey mouse journalism. You guys ought to be embarrassed that guy writes for a Miami paper.

nyjunc
01-25-2011, 05:18 PM
The Jets are better than us and maybe better next year, but I just love that they lost. To me its Boston Red Sox Style so close but yet so far away. Better luck next time you loud mouth mother****ers.

It took the Sox a couple of cracks in the 00s to break through, hopefully next year is our version of 2004.

SecondhandJet
01-25-2011, 05:20 PM
You know how many NY journalists wrote about Miami? None. We're more important in South Florida than Miami are in NY.

j-off-her-doll
01-25-2011, 05:21 PM
what mickey mouse journalism. You guys ought to be embarrassed that guy writes for a Miami paper.

Dude, if we got embarrassed by every piece of trash a Dolphins "journalist" puts out, we'd spend our lives pissing ourselves in closets. I can't speak for everyone, but I try to find the humor in it.

dolpns13
01-25-2011, 05:29 PM

too late, weve been embarrassed by just about every Miami reporter. One in particular whos name I do not need to mention.

LANGER72
01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
The Jets have failed to get to the super bowl for 2 straight seasons, Rex Ryan for 3 straight seasons.
42 years of failure.
Watching the Jets lose was almost as fun as celebrating a Fins win!

Pinkboy
01-25-2011, 08:46 PM
weve been embarrassed by just about every Miami reporter. One in particular whos name I do not need to mention.

It must be Finatic8480 then.

Phin-o-rama
01-25-2011, 09:09 PM
if the super bowl was a ham sammich i bet he'd get there

nyjunc
01-26-2011, 09:14 AM
The Jets have failed to get to the super bowl for 2 straight seasons, Rex Ryan for 3 straight seasons.
42 years of failure.
Watching the Jets lose was almost as fun as celebrating a Fins win!

Orf course it was as fun b/c a Jets loss is as rare as a dolphins win. You guys have no shot to make a SB so seeing us lose in postseason is like the SB for fans like you.

Ilovemyfins4eva
01-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Orf course it was as fun b/c a Jets loss is as rare as a dolphins win. You guys have no shot to make a SB so seeing us lose in postseason is like the SB for fans like you.

not that us dolphin fans are in a position now to make fun of the jets, but i find it kind of funny how in your signature you put 2 afc championship things in when in reality it means nothing. u didnt even win the afc championship, u guys r not even afc champions, yet u put it in ur signature

lurking
01-26-2011, 09:38 AM
not that us dolphin fans are in a position now to make fun of the jets, but i find it kind of funny how in your signature you put 2 afc championship things in when in reality it means nothing. u didnt even win the afc championship, u guys r not even afc champions, yet u put it in ur signature

he forgot to put LOSER after them

nyjunc
01-26-2011, 09:54 AM

I put up the logos last week heaidng into the title game. I was going to take them down this week but I have gotten so many jealous comments from dolphin fans that I will keep it up for now.

he forgot to put LOSER after them

A loser would be a team that loses more games than it wins like a certain team you follow. 4 of the last 5 seasons the dolphins have been losers, zero playoff wins in over 10 years and you guys are making fun of a team that has won 4 playoff games(all on the road and that totla is more than Miami has in their history for road playoff games) in the last 2 years and a team that hasn't made as far as we have in the last 2 years since 1992? Most of your team was in kindergarten the last time Miami made a title game.

lurking
01-26-2011, 10:00 AM
bla bla bla bla..the bills use to say the samething and THEY made it to the big game..

Jet Offensive
01-26-2011, 10:06 AM
if the super bowl was a ham sammich i bet he'd get there

that was pretty good.

nyjunc
01-26-2011, 10:37 AM
bla bla bla bla..the bills use to say the samething and THEY made it to the big game..

It was damn impressive what Buffalo was able to do although the AFC stunk back then so it was easier to make a SB than it is today.

The point is you guys can make fun of the Jets all you want but we are in a juch better situation than your team. It all stems from jealousy, we have 4 playoff wins and 2 AFC title apps in the last 2 years- you have to go back to 1992 for your last title game app and you have to go back to 1994 to add up to 4 playoff wins('94, '98, '99, '00).

cyoung
01-26-2011, 10:41 AM
You know how many NY journalists wrote about Miami? None. We're more important in South Florida than Miami are in NY.
A bunch of New yorkers live in Miami. That had to get out of that hell hole.

lurking
01-26-2011, 02:35 PM
It was damn impressive what Buffalo was able to do although the AFC stunk back then so it was easier to make a SB than it is today.

The point is you guys can make fun of the Jets all you want but we are in a juch better situation than your team. It all stems from jealousy, we have 4 playoff wins and 2 AFC title apps in the last 2 years- you have to go back to 1992 for your last title game app and you have to go back to 1994 to add up to 4 playoff wins('94, '98, '99, '00).
yes it was impressive,, but does anybody give a crap about the SB losers...NO...and for you to think we should give a crap about the jets losing the AFC championship game..TWICE..your nuts...but if you had won the game,, then i would be jealous...

nyjunc
01-26-2011, 02:49 PM
yes it was impressive,, but does anybody give a crap about the SB losers...NO...and for you to think we should give a crap about the jets losing the AFC championship game..TWICE..your nuts...but if you had won the game,, then i would be jealous...

You can lie to yourself all you want, you were jealous we were playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl. How could you not be? I'd be if I was watching another team. You can downplay it all you want but the jets are an elite team currently and we will have more chances to reach the Super Bowl while you guys appear to be stuck in neutral.

jree
01-26-2011, 04:21 PM
You can lie to yourself all you want, you were jealous we were playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl. How could you not be? I'd be if I was watching another team. You can downplay it all you want but the jets are an elite team currently and we will have more chances to reach the Super Bowl while you guys appear to be stuck in neutral.

The word elite has been thrown around by jets fans alot lately. Yes, they are better than the fins. Yes, they have a better coach right now. And yes, your owner seems to have a brain but until this off season is over, I'd hold off the name elite and change it to contender for now.

And your wrong about the neutral thing about the fish. Didn't you see who we signed on the coaching staff lately? Yeah, I'd say that we're in reverse

jree
01-26-2011, 04:30 PM
I put up the logos last week heaidng into the title game. I was going to take them down this week but I have gotten so many jealous comments from dolphin fans that I will keep it up for now.

I wouldn't take them down. I didn't go looking for those threads or replys about them but I knew that there would be some guys frothing at the mouth to say something to you about them and I bet seeing that in your sig ruins there day. You should add super bowl bound just to ruin someones day even more or better yet

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

nyjunc
01-26-2011, 04:33 PM
The word elite has been thrown around by jets fans alot lately. Yes, they are better than the fins. Yes, they have a better coach right now. And yes, your owner seems to have a brain but until this off season is over, I'd hold off the name elite and change it to contender for now.

And your wrong about the neutral thing about the fish. Didn't you see who we signed on the coaching staff lately? Yeah, I'd say that we're in reverse

The only team in the NFL to make the conf title game the last 2 years- that is elite.

As far as your coaching staff- I have always said that 2 Tony Sparano's are better than one!:D

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

I wouldn't take them down. I didn't go looking for those threads or replys about them but I knew that there would be some guys frothing at the mouth to say something to you about them and I bet seeing that in your sig ruins there day. You should add super bowl bound just to ruin someones day even more or better yet

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

He didn't say how soon. It's been 42 years so if we win one in the next 2-3 years that is still considered "soon":D

jree
01-26-2011, 04:47 PM
He didn't say how soon. It's been 42 years so if we win one in the next 2-3 years that is still considered "soon":D

I was being serious that you should add that in your sig. Do have any idea how fast a thread would get derailed if people saw that your sig

HurriPhin
01-27-2011, 01:46 PM

I'd give my left nut to have all the loud mouth obnoxious nomad NY pricks move back North to their original crap hole and out of South Florida.

nyjunc
01-27-2011, 01:48 PM
I'd give my left nut to have all the loud mouth obnoxious nomad NY pricks move back North to their original crap hole and out of South Florida.

That's probably what your neighbors in Colorado are saying about you:D

Jetsfan89
01-27-2011, 05:45 PM

This

It seems like we are more important in South Florida then the Dolphins are period.

HurriPhin
01-27-2011, 07:55 PM
That's probably what your neighbors in Colorado are saying about you:D

If they are, they'll have their wish as of this summer. Colderado was just a short pit stop for me and although it is beautiful 3-4 months out of the year, the rest of the 8-9 months they can keep their cold weather. Not to mention, no beach, no water, barely any trees. I can't wait to move back to Florida to watch my Fins, Canes & Heat.

:df81:

Hurriphins Top 10 NFL season highlights:

#5. Rex slamming his headset to the ground in Pittsburgh.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/01/sllied-1.jpg

Cryin' Rex Ryan :sidelol:

nyjunc
01-28-2011, 09:25 AM
If they are, they'll have their wish as of this summer. Colderado was just a short pit stop for me and although it is beautiful 3-4 months out of the year, the rest of the 8-9 months they can keep their cold weather. Not to mention, no beach, no water, barely any trees. I can't wait to move back to Florida to watch my Fins, Canes & Heat.

:df81:

Hurriphins Top 10 NFL season highlights:

#5. Rex slamming his headset to the ground in Pittsburgh.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/01/sllied-1.jpg

Cryin' Rex Ryan :sidelol:

The further you get the harder the losses are, maybe some day if you make a title game again and lose you'll know what he felt.

HurriPhin
01-28-2011, 06:20 PM
The further you get the harder the losses are, maybe some day if you make a title game again and lose you'll know what he felt.

Key words.