View Full Version : Jets are AFC Champs

AphexPhin
01-27-2011, 12:34 PM
...in Zambia, Romania, Armenia and Nicaragua:hclap:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/24/ny-jets-afc-championship-clothing-zambia/

(sorry if this is a repost)

Tunaphish429
01-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey Jets fans, at least you can still get yourself a nice t shirt!

nyjunc
01-27-2011, 01:15 PM
At least they had to make those shirts, children in 3rd world Countries have benefitted in '98, '09 and '10 from our title game losses. The last time you guys gave back was all the way back in 1992. And you guys talk about other organizations being classless:lol:

HurriPhin
01-27-2011, 01:50 PM
I made sure to find and buy the Patsy 19-0 Super Bowl Champ t-shirt (bought two of them actually), but I wouldn't even wipe my butt with NJ's useless piece of cloth.

nyjunc
01-27-2011, 01:58 PM
I made sure to find and buy the Patsy 19-0 Super Bowl Champ t-shirt (bought two of them actually), but I wouldn't even wipe my butt with NJ's useless piece of cloth.

Did you take your medication today? you seem more angry than usual.

AphexPhin
01-27-2011, 02:42 PM
At least they had to make those shirts, children in 3rd world Countries have benefitted in '98, '09 and '10 from our title game losses. The last time you guys gave back was all the way back in 1992. And you guys talk about other organizations being classless:lol:

Oh relax junc I realize you guys had a much better season that our Fins, I am just having a little fun:)

And I am not trying to poke fun at you but I am curious why you have two AFC Championship trophies in your sig:confused:

nyjunc
01-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh relax junc I realize you guys had a much better season that our Fins, I am just having a little fun:)

And I am not trying to poke fun at you but I am curious why you have two AFC Championship trophies in your sig:confused:

Relax? did you not notice the laughing smiley? i was joking around as well.

I put the AFC Championship game logos in my sig last week, I was planning on removing them if we lost BUT people keep criticizing me for it so I decided to keep them in there for now.

Nublar7
01-27-2011, 04:10 PM

I feel bad for Rex. He declares his team the best in the NFL every year, yet has never has won any "titles". No Super Bowl title. No AFC Championship. No AFC East Division title. While Championship shirts and hats for the Rex led Jets end up in third world countries, the Sparano led Dolphins had some "title" merchandise sold right here in the United States.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/01/_2440002FFF_244252_xljpgw400-1.jpg

Obviously just winning a division title is never enough(you want to win the Super Bowl), but a title is still a title and Sparano is beating Rex 1-0 in that department.

nyjunc
01-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I feel bad for Rex. He declares his team the best in the NFL every year, yet has never has won any "titles". No Super Bowl title. No AFC Championship. No AFC East Division title. While Championship shirts and hats for the Rex led Jets end up in third world countries, the Sparano led Dolphins had some "title" merchandise sold right here in the United States.

Obviously just winning a division title is never enough(you want to win the Super Bowl), but a title is still a title and Sparano is beating Rex 1-0 in that department.

:lol::lol: Only dolphin fans would rather win the division and not win a playoff game than play for the right to go to the Super Bowl.

Tony Sparano in his 10 year NFL coaching career(HC & ***'t)- ZERO playoff wins
Rex in 2 years as a HC: 4 playoff wins(all on the road, more than Miami has in their history)

Tunaphish429
01-27-2011, 04:24 PM
:lol::lol: Only dolphin fans would rather win the division and not win a playoff game than play for the right to go to the Super Bowl.

Rex in 2 years as a HC: 4 playoff wins(all on the road, more than Miami has in their history)

Honestly I dont care..If you dont win the big one your not the best. Thats what we all want. Divsion title, no divsion title whatever it takes to be the best.

The fact of the matter is the Jets have not been the best at Football since 1969, they have not even been 2nd best since then. The Ny Jets will never be the Miami Dolphins.. You go to 2 AFC Championship games and all of a sudden you guys are a powerhouse? Come on now. Miami has been piss poor the last 2 years and still managed to reel off 3 wins against your "power house" Jets. Wait until Enrique Eglasias and Ricky Martin collab on a new Dolphins fight song. You will see then. Mark my words.

Nublar7
01-27-2011, 04:26 PM

Rex in 2 years as a HC: 4 playoff wins(all on the road, more than Miami has in their history)I was strictly talking about titles, the kind that produce championship hats and t-shirts sold in the United States. Rex doesn't have any of those types of titles, Sparano has one.

nyjunc
01-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Honestly I dont care..If you dont win the big one your not the best. Thats what we all want. Divsion title, no divsion title whatever it takes to be the best.

The fact of the matter is the Jets have not been the best at Football since 1969, they have not even been 2nd best since then. The Ny Jets will never be the Miami Dolphins.. You go to 2 AFC Championship games and all of a sudden you guys are a powerhouse? Come on now. Miami has been piss poor the last 2 years and still managed to reel off 3 wins against your "power house" Jets. Wait until Enrique Eglasias and Ricky Martin collab on a new Dolphins fight song. You will see then. Mark my words.

We are not the dolphins, we are much better and have been for over a decade now. We have an elite franchise currently, you guys are middle of the pack at best. That is great that you beat us 3 times, how many of those wins got you into postseason? Ultimately those losses din't hurt us and we were playing for a trip to the SB, something the "great" Miami Dolphins haven't done in 19 years.

I was strictly talking about titles, the kind that produce championship hats and t-shirts sold in the United States. Rex doesn't have any of those types of titles, Sparano has one.

So you'd rather win a division and get humiliated at home in the WC rd than win 2 playoff games and make the AFC Championship game? NE was 14-2 and won the div and i'm sure they would have switched places w/ us if they could. You guys won a div in a year Tom Brady was hurt and got humiliated at home in the WC rd.

Nublar7
01-27-2011, 04:53 PM
We are not the dolphins, we are much better and have been for over a decade now. We have an elite franchise currently, you guys are middle of the pack at best. That is great that you beat us 3 times, how many of those wins got you into postseason? Ultimately those losses din't hurt us and we were playing for a trip to the SB, something the "great" Miami Dolphins haven't done in 19 years.The Jaguars, Browns and Oilers all played for a chance at the Super Bowl in either back to back years or within a few years. None ever made it to the Super Bowl, they just lost two or three AFC Championship games. Anybody really remember those teams? I don't think so.

The Jets much better than the Dolphins? No. More consistent and lucky? Yes. Head to head Miami is the better team on the field. This has been proven by the fact Miami has won four of the past five meetings. You guys have been good and have played much more consistent than the Dolphins the past two years and had a lot of lucky bounces go your way(all championship teams need lucky bounces). The Dolphins do have a solid group of players and a little more consistent play and a few lucky bounces(most went against the Dolphins in 2010, like the Steelers game) this team is in the playoffs. The Dolphins and Jets are really not that far apart in terms of players and coaches. The Dolphins are much closer to the Jets than they are to a team like the Bills. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins and Jets flipped records next season. The luck is bound to run out for the Jets sooner rather than later.

So you'd rather win a division and get humiliated at home in the WC rd than win 2 playoff games and make the AFC Championship game? NE was 14-2 and won the div and i'm sure they would have switched places w/ us if they could. You guys won a div in a year Tom Brady was hurt and got humiliated at home in the WC rd.I didn't say that, again I was just comparing titles. Sparano has one, Rex has zero. Yes we won a division after Tom Brady got hurt. You know what though? The Jets and Bills had the same opportunity the Dolphins had that season and didn't capitalize. In fact, the Jets and Bills both finished behind the Brady-less Pats. Not to forget Miami did this one season after finishing 1-15.

I really don't think Rex is that much better of a coach than Sparano is. Sparano had nothing to work with after inheriting a 1-15 with no talent. It has been three long years putting together this team, and I think year four is the year this team finally makes their move. Rex was handed a 9-7 team with a solid roster already in place.

nyjunc
01-27-2011, 05:04 PM
The Jaguars, Browns and Oilers all played for a chance at the Super Bowl in either back to back years or within a few years. None ever made it to the Super Bowl, they just lost two or three AFC Championship games. Anybody really remember those teams? I don't think so.

The Jets much better than the Dolphins? No. More consistent and lucky? Yes. Head to head Miami is the better team on the field. This has been proven by the fact Miami has won four of the past five meetings. You guys have been good and have played much more consistent than the Dolphins the past two years and had a lot of lucky bounces go your way(all championship teams need lucky bounces). The Dolphins do have a solid group of players and a little more consistent play and a few lucky bounces(most went against the Dolphins in 2010, like the Steelers game) this team is in the playoffs. The Dolphins and Jets are really not that far apart in terms of players and coaches. The Dolphins are much closer to the Jets than they are to a team like the Bills. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins and Jets flipped records next season. The luck is bound to run out for the Jets sooner rather than later.

I didn't say that, again I was just comparing titles. Sparano has one, Rex has zero. Yes we won a division after Tom Brady got hurt. You know what though? The Jets and Bills had the same opportunity the Dolphins had that season and didn't capitalize. In fact, the Jets and Bills both finished behind the Brady-less Pats. Not to forget Miami did this one season after finishing 1-15.

I really don't think Rex is that much better of a coach than Sparano is. Sparano had nothing to work with after inheriting a 1-15 with no talent. It has been three long years putting together this team, and I think year four is the year this team finally makes their move. Rex was handed a 9-7 team with a solid roster already in place.

The jags made the '96 and '99 title games
The Oilers made back to back in the late 70s
the Browns made 3 from '86-'89.

Yes I remember them(well Cle and Jax as I was too youn for Houston).

Do you remember that jax won the div in 1999 or that they made the title game?

Yep, it's all luck. It's luck that we have won FOUR road playoff games the last 2 years and are the ONLY team in the league to play in the last 2 title games.:rolleyes2:

It's also luck that Miami was 7-9 in both years.:lol:

The teams aren't that far apart in terms o ftalent though we do have a nice edge mainly b/c we have a QB but organizationally we are miles apart. We have the better Coach, GM, owner and we will see consistent success b/c of it.

What luck? would it be an incomplete pass ruled a fumble to give Pitt a TD? That sure was lucky, wasn't it? Would it be beating up NE in NE?

Sparano's owner was busy trying to hire a guy to take his place, that's all we need to know. Tony has NEVER been part of a playoff win.

We all know you had much better talent than 1-15 and that was 3 years ago which is a lieftime in this league so there aren't any excuses.

Rex was handed a team that was 9-7 against an incredibl;y weak schedule and he had a ROOKIE QB take over in his first year as coach and he led the team to the title game. tony is nowhere near the coach that Rex is. Maybe some day he will be but right now it's not close.

Tunaphish429
01-27-2011, 05:33 PM
We are not the dolphins, we are much better and have been for over a decade now. We have an elite franchise currently, you guys are middle of the pack at best. That is great that you beat us 3 times, how many of those wins got you into postseason? Ultimately those losses din't hurt us and we were playing for a trip to the SB, something the "great" Miami Dolphins haven't done in 19 years.

So you'd rather win a division and get humiliated at home in the WC rd than win 2 playoff games and make the AFC Championship game? NE was 14-2 and won the div and i'm sure they would have switched places w/ us if they could. You guys won a div in a year Tom Brady was hurt and got humiliated at home in the WC rd.

Just in case you forgot. Wins and Losses in the regular season do matter. Maybe if the Jets were just a little bit better they would have beat us 4 times instead of losing to us 3 times. Maybe that would have made them the divison winner..Now I know Ne had a far better record but maybe just maybe by putting some pressure on them to win games, they somehow would have folded and the Jets would have won the divison..which is a key to making and winning the super bowl. Maybe the Jets path to said super bowl would not have been tough. Wins and Losses matter in the regular season. Ask Pittsburgh how it felt to be up 24 to 3 at the half and be at home..I bet they were on top of the world coming back out there. They held on. Maybe the shoe is on the other foot if the Jets were home. Who knows? You can try and downplay wins and losses in the regular season all you want. Bottom line is they count.

nyjunc
01-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Just in case you forgot. Wins and Losses in the regular season do matter. Maybe if the Jets were just a little bit better they would have beat us 4 times instead of losing to us 3 times. Maybe that would have made them the divison winner..Now I know Ne had a far better record but maybe just maybe by putting some pressure on them to win games, they somehow would have folded and the Jets would have won the divison..which is a key to making and winning the super bowl. Maybe the Jets path to said super bowl would not have been tough. Wins and Losses matter in the regular season. Ask Pittsburgh how it felt to be up 24 to 3 at the half and be at home..I bet they were on top of the world coming back out there. They held on. Maybe the shoe is on the other foot if the Jets were home. Who knows? You can try and downplay wins and losses in the regular season all you want. Bottom line is they count.

The postseason is more important than the reg season. had we beat you those 3 times we still would have been the 5 seed last year and the 6 seed this year.

I agree it is better to be at home and have a bye BUT nothing would have changed had we beat you guys. Those games were meaningless at the end of the year.

Tunaphish429
01-27-2011, 05:48 PM
The postseason is more important than the reg season. had we beat you those 3 times we still would have been the 5 seed last year and the 6 seed this year.

I agree it is better to be at home and have a bye BUT nothing would have changed had we beat you guys. Those games were meaningless at the end of the year.

But at the time they were not, again if you put pressure on the other teams, maybe something happens. But again you guys lost to us. If the Jets ended up being the 5 seed this year it would have changed things drastically. Rex put alot into the Colts and NE game plans..Maybe if it was Chiefs round one he would have something up his sleeve for the Steelers in round 2.

nyjunc
01-27-2011, 05:55 PM
But at the time they were not, again if you put pressure on the other teams, maybe something happens. But again you guys lost to us. If the Jets ended up being the 5 seed this year it would have changed things drastically. Rex put alot into the Colts and NE game plans..Maybe if it was Chiefs round one he would have something up his sleeve for the Steelers in round 2.

We just lost 45-3 to NE, we weren't putting pressure on them beating Miami a week later.

if we were the 5 seed we would have played Pitt in rd 2 and may not have made the title game.

Tunaphish429
01-27-2011, 05:59 PM
We just lost 45-3 to NE, we weren't putting pressure on them beating Miami a week later.

if we were the 5 seed we would have played Pitt in rd 2 and may not have made the title game.

Maybe, Maybe not...But you would think its an easier path to the super bowl..Instead of facing 3 Super bowl winning qbs.

You face 0 in the first round. and maybe only 1 the whole playoffs combined. Just saying, Rex knows it matters.

DisturbedShifty
01-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Say what you want, but nobody remembers the losers.

You can talk about your decade of playoffs wins all you want, but until it amounts to a Super Bowl appearance, it doesn't matter.
In the end your team is in the same boat as ours. Only difference is your boat lasts a little longer in a flood.

EDIT: Also, Junc, why would you even put the throphies in your sig to begin with? They are aweful looking. I hate the way those things look. I like the classic one better.

Dimitri_0515
01-28-2011, 01:12 AM
I've never seen another fan website so obsessed with the Jets. I love the jealousy, it's amazing.

Conan
01-28-2011, 02:12 AM
Too bad, i like that hat

JCane
01-28-2011, 02:15 AM
This is why I have said, and continue to say that division and conference championships are ultimately worthless.

All you get are free shirts and hats.

Big whoop.

Super Bowl or nothing.

AphexPhin
01-28-2011, 02:58 AM
no worries junc. just bustin ya chops

I think Rex's AFC Championship tshirt could be used as teepee for a whole family in Africa.

jree
01-28-2011, 03:25 AM
I've never seen another fan website so obsessed with the Jets. I love the jealousy, it's amazing.

Says the man registered at a dolphins fansite :rolleyes2:

Get off your "you guys are obssessed" trip. Not only are there probably more jets fans registered here than fins fans registered on any jets board, but your in a section made specifically for rivals of the AFC EAST.

[retarded voice]durrrrr, your just jealous..durrrr, you wish you could be us...durrr, j-e-ummmm-t-s jets, jets, jets?[/retarded voice]

DisturbedShifty
01-28-2011, 07:01 AM

Get off your "you guys are obssessed" trip. Not only are there probably more jets fans registered here than fins fans registered on any jets board, but your in a section made specifically for rivals of the AFC EAST.

[retarded voice]durrrrr, your just jealous..durrrr, you wish you could be us...durrr, j-e-ummmm-t-s jets, jets, jets?[/retarded voice]

I am positive that Jets fans have shared in just as much jealousy during all the Patriot Super Bowl. And I am sure they wallowed in the same celebratory joy as we did when the Pats came up short against the Giants and during all the Suepr Bowls lost by the Bill during the nineties.

So the Jets fans can talk all they want about how "jealous" we are of the Jets. But in the end they are no different from any other football fan.

Possum
01-28-2011, 07:09 AM
FYI -- it's the second year in a row the Jets have donated their AFC championship gear to a greater cause. They're very generous.

:sidelol:

nyjunc
01-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Say what you want, but nobody remembers the losers.

You can talk about your decade of playoffs wins all you want, but until it amounts to a Super Bowl appearance, it doesn't matter.
In the end your team is in the same boat as ours. Only difference is your boat lasts a little longer in a flood.

EDIT: Also, Junc, why would you even put the throphies in your sig to begin with? They are aweful looking. I hate the way those things look. I like the classic one better.

It's not the trophy. It's the AFC Championship game logo.

I don't care if anyone remembers our team or not, the memories of the great runs will always be special to me and Jet fans. My team was w/in a game of the SB the last 2 years, it was really fun. I understand the jealousy but let's be realistic, you guys would kill to play in the title game. You haven't been there in nearly 20 years, you haven't won a playoff game in over 10 years. You guys can pretend it doesn't matter but we all know the truth.

I am positive that Jets fans have shared in just as much jealousy during all the Patriot Super Bowl. And I am sure they wallowed in the same celebratory joy as we did when the Pats came up short against the Giants and during all the Suepr Bowls lost by the Bill during the nineties.

So the Jets fans can talk all they want about how "jealous" we are of the Jets. But in the end they are no different from any other football fan.

Of course we were jealous, that's human nature. Just like you guys are jealous of us, that doesn't mean you wish you were Jet fans but you wish your team played meaningful games again.

I am extremely jealous of Pitt and GB and being at the game in pitt and seeing those fans- they don't deserve another SB and I do deserve to see one but it didn't work out that way.

DisturbedShifty
01-28-2011, 09:40 AM
You know, I think you can give the Grand Canyon a run for it's money on how many echos happen in one day.

And I understand that its the AFC Championship logo, but it's also the trophy too.

Old conference trophies
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

New conference trophies
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

nyjunc
01-28-2011, 10:01 AM
You know, I think you can give the Grand Canyon a run for it's money on how many echos happen in one day.

And I understand that its the AFC Championship logo, but it's also the trophy too.

Old conference trophies
New conference trophies

I know that but the picture in my sig is the logo for the title game. I wasn't posting the trophy, I was posting the logo- the trophy just happens to be a part of the logo now but that is not what it was representing in my signature.

DisturbedShifty
01-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Ahh. Ok. Like I said, that new trophy is terrible. If I owned a team and my team won one, I would make sure it was hidden behind any other trophies the team might have acquired.

nyjunc
01-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Ahh. Ok. Like I said, that new trophy is terrible. If I owned a team and my team won one, I would make sure it was hidden behind any other trophies the team might have acquired.

I agree, it is an awful looking trophy but I wanted it bad. The old trophy was much nicer.

SpurzN703
01-28-2011, 12:03 PM

Everything the OP said is a fact. Everything you said is a fact too. At least we can agree on those facts :d-day:

SpurzN703
01-28-2011, 12:05 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/01/_2440002FFF_244252_xljpgw400-1.jpg

So you'd rather win the division and no playoff game vs going to the AFC Championship game twice in back-to-back years and come within 2 halves of the SB? C'mon man this is just adding fuel to the fire!

Dimitri_0515
01-28-2011, 01:39 PM

I'm on here because it's amusing to see a DOLPHIN fan board do nothing but discuss the Jets. See how upset you just got :)

jree
01-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm on here because it's amusing to see a DOLPHIN fan board do nothing but discuss the Jets. See how upset you just got :)

Upset? Very far from upset. Its a message board. Great excuse for registering on a fins website though. Keep up the good work making the rest of gangrene look stupid.

Dimitri_0515
01-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Upset? Very far from upset. Its a message board. Great excuse for registering on a fins website though. Keep up the good work making the rest of gangrene look stupid.

But you are upset, look what your typing. It's you who's making a fool of yourself. You're talking about a team that went to the AFCCG 2 years in a row. Talk to me when the Dolphins are at least a .500 team again.

jree
01-28-2011, 07:45 PM
But you are upset, look what your typing. It's you who's making a fool of yourself. You're talking about a team that went to the AFCCG 2 years in a row. Talk to me when the Dolphins are at least a .500 team again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, upset. Thats funny. Actually, I just had a great day at work.

BTW, how can you type with your right hand so securely wrapped around fireman ed's hammer? You have absolutley nothing intelligent to contribute to any conversations in any of these forums. All your posts consist of either the jets being so great or the dolphins being so bad. Hahahahahahaha.....upset. I bet you wish you were on your knees inbetween Rex and Dirty Sanchez while they shower you with candy rain. From now on, I shall call you *******.

Dimitri_0515
01-28-2011, 08:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, upset. Thats funny. Actually, I just had a great day at work.

BTW, how can you type with your right hand so securely wrapped around fireman ed's hammer? You have absolutley nothing intelligent to contribute to any conversations in any of these forums. All your posts consist of either the jets being so great or the dolphins being so bad. Hahahahahahaha.....upset. I bet you wish you were on your knees inbetween Rex and Dirty Sanchez while they shower you with candy rain. From now on, I shall call you *******.

I wish!