PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant tells critics to kiss his a

BAMAPHIN 22
02-03-2011, 07:08 PM
He was asked in a post-practice reporters scrum Wednesday about the criticism the team has had and the rumors of trades to motivate the team, and his response (captured by Lakers.com) was about as honest and direct as it gets.

Dont know, dont care. People that criticize can kiss my a. I dont give a s. I really dont. I keep the train moving, were going to keep on moving, and in June, theyll say nothing. But now, its good talk.
Kobe may be the only Laker who can tell one guy with a statue in front of Staples Center and another who gets one in two weeks (Magic and West) to kiss his, um, backside. Id say Kobe is mad at them, but Ill take him at his word that he really doesnt care.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/03/kobe-bryant-tells-critics-to-kiss-his-a/related

Ferretsquig
02-03-2011, 07:20 PM
I like to belittle the contributions of coaches, especially NBA ones, but what's going to happen to that team when Phil retires? Is there anyone in the world besides Phil that can say no to Kobe?

jree
02-03-2011, 07:57 PM
I love Kobe's reaction. The teams struggling, nothing more nothing less. Threats of trades to the media are ridiculous. Just cause someone has a mic doesn't give them the right to say whatever they want. Kobe is totally justified for what he said towards critics.

Too many people forget how much control Jordan had over the media. There was a writer for SI that said he wouldn't give an interview to them again after he published some things about Jordan that weren't 100% positive. If twitter existed back then, we might have a totally different view of past athletes.

So bravo Kobe, I commend you and I hope you don't go the Lebron route and retract your statement.

buxster07
02-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Didn't Kobe anal rape a gal and try to publically apologize for it? It's odd how society will disregard that and still put him up on a pedestal. Championships or not, he's just like his comments, vulgar and classless.

tylerdolphin
02-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Didn't Kobe anal rape a gal and try to publically apologize for it? It's odd how society will disregard that and still put him up on a pedestal. Championships or not, he's just like his comments, vulgar and classless.
I didnt realize anyone actually believed that he raped that girl. He had sex with a money grubbing hoe. Dumb, but last I checked not a crime.

buxster07
02-03-2011, 09:36 PM
was settled out of court actually. money talks. paid her off to save his endorsement deals.

PHINATIC13
02-03-2011, 09:47 PM
..as they say nowadays...that's just Kobe being Kobe....and I've seen these Lakers go through this before....having said that I'm not sure that there's not "something" going on in Lakerland....don't be surprised if Mitch pulls the trigger on some sort of trade before Feb.24....I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little bit nervous...I think there is tremendous pressure on all the Lakers to 3-Peat...with this being PJ's last year...

...on a side note...I'm looking forward to see how my Lakers play against San Antonio tonight...then again maybe not..:chuckle:

tylerdolphin
02-03-2011, 09:50 PM
was settled out of court actually. money talks. paid her off to save his endorsement deals.
I know it was settled out of court. That doesnt imply guilt though. He gave her some cash so it would be off his mind and he wouldnt have to worry about it anymore. If there was legit evidence of a rape, the case wouldnt just be settled like that.

jree
02-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Civil court, not criminal court. She filed the civil suit before the court even went to trial. That should tell you the schizo who was taking anit-depressants was really interested in and that was a big payday. Do I condone rape, hell NO but I really don't believe for one minute that he raped her.

ohall
02-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Watch out, he's prob close to raping someone again.

buxster07
02-03-2011, 10:37 PM
could care less about him and his adulterous ways. doesn't mean he was free of guilt either. else why settle out of court and public apology?

regardless, awesome role model for kids, hats off to those that praise him lol.

jree
02-03-2011, 10:47 PM
They're people with a whole bunch of money. Barkley said it best, they're not role models. Hats off to parents who let athletes raise their kids.

buxster07
02-03-2011, 10:57 PM
that's actually a stupid statement made by barkley. They are rolemodels. How are they not- particularly when they give to the community and provide for the less fortunate. Hats off to those who view barkley as a modern day philosopher.

jree
02-03-2011, 11:03 PM
So by your standards, you must hate Jordan also? If you hate Kobe, you hate Kobe. Don't just say b/c "he's a bad role model"

Just cause they're celebrities you think they should be role models?

Ricky_Fan34
02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Barkley is what he is; a funny analyst. personally, I like him.

In regard to what Kobe said, good for him. The media is annoying and with all of these media outlets now, it's worse than ever.

jree
02-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Barkley is what he is; a funny analyst. personally, I like him.

In regard to what Kobe said, good for him. The media is annoying and with all of these media outlets now, it's worse than ever.

Twitter being probably the worst of them all

tylerdolphin
02-03-2011, 11:27 PM
could care less about him and his adulterous ways. doesn't mean he was free of guilt either. else why settle out of court and public apology?

regardless, awesome role model for kids, hats off to those that praise him lol.
Because,
1. The burden of proof is much lower in civil court. He probably just figured he would give her something to save the chance of a crazy, unexpected ruling.

2. This was in the middle of the basketball season. He just wanted that **** out the way.

You really believe its more likely that Kobe raped that girl than her being a gold digging ho? Theres literally zero evidence that he raped her. If there was, there would have been a criminal case.

ohall
02-04-2011, 12:03 AM
They're people with a whole bunch of money. Barkley said it best, they're not role models. Hats off to parents who let athletes raise their kids.

Like it or not, they are. It's not up to them if they are, it's up to the public.

buxster07
02-04-2011, 03:36 AM
So by your standards, you must hate Jordan also? If you hate Kobe, you hate Kobe. Don't just say b/c "he's a bad role model"

Just cause they're celebrities you think they should be role models?

Celebrities? Who said anything about that?

You're statement of " Hats off to parents who let athletes raise their kids." is a little odd though. With that sentiment, all atheletes should be neutered and should refrain from having families of their own.

Hmm...Archie Manning...how dare he raise 2 boys and inspire them in athletics. How dare Don Shula, a former player / coach, give motivational speeches on leadership to organizations across the country. They've got no business being positive figures for people in the world because they are atheletes. How dare Mutombo, Bol, and the like, give back to their communities and support others in need. They aren't proper role models. Barkley is right!

jree
02-04-2011, 04:59 AM
Celebrities? Who said anything about that?

You're statement of " Hats off to parents who let athletes raise their kids." is a little odd though. With that sentiment, all atheletes should be neutered and should refrain from having families of their own.

Hmm...Archie Manning...how dare he raise 2 boys and inspire them in athletics. How dare Don Shula, a former player / coach, give motivational speeches on leadership to organizations across the country. They've got no business being positive figures for people in the world because they are atheletes. How dare Mutombo, Bol, and the like, give back to their communities and support others in need. They aren't proper role models. Barkley is right!

You are just completley off. In what way did I ever say that athletes can't have their own famalies or even be good people. I'm glad that they are positive people. But I'm gonna be the one to raise and teach my kids on how to be good people. I don't need Don Shula giving them a motivational speech and I don't need Mutombo or Bol to give them anything. I can take care of that myself. That doesn't mean I'm taking anything away from the good things those guys do. Some people idolize them just cause their great at a sport and then get all bent out of shape when they find out that they have flaws just like you or me.

Kobe, Jordan, Ewing, Shaq, Tiger, and countless others all commited adultery. MJ is probably one of the worst role models on how to be a human being but probably the most beloved cause he is the greatest to ever play ball. But if anybody else wants to do positive things, fantastic, the world needs more positivity.

Now you can skew that however you want, this topic is stupid

PhinsPhan11
02-04-2011, 11:47 PM
I like that reaction, but I'm a little surprised to hear it coming from Kobe.