PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan kicks off 2011 trash talk season

BAMAPHIN 22
02-13-2011, 11:00 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/02/rexryanknicksthumb300x42132950-1.jpg (http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/February11sports/rexryanknicks.jpg)

Less than a week after the 2010 NFL season ended, outspoken Jets coach Rex Ryan got the ball rolling for 2011 by again boasting ""there's no way we don't get it done next year," and "next year I know we'll win it."

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2011/02/rex_ryan_kicks.html

Nublar7
02-13-2011, 11:14 PM
lol, so far he is 0-2 with his offseason predictions. lol, what a clown to even have the guts to say it again this offseason.

Phin-o-rama
02-13-2011, 11:24 PM
He was at the knicks game so his wife could pick out a couple nba players to run a train on her

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

nyjunc
02-14-2011, 09:10 AM
lol, so far he is 0-2 with his offseason predictions. lol, what a clown to even have the guts to say it again this offseason.

Yeah, what a clown. 2 years as a HC, 2 AFC title games.

The man has one goal and isn't afraid to say it, what is wrong w/ that? Should he keep his mouth shut and keep expectations low? He and his team have backed him up his first 2 years, one of these years they will need to break through to get to a SB but the last I checked only one team in the NFL reached the conf title game each of the last 2 years. He's doing a pretty good job.

DisturbedShifty
02-14-2011, 09:46 AM

The man has one goal and isn't afraid to say it, what is wrong w/ that? Should he keep his mouth shut and keep expectations low? He and his team have backed him up his first 2 years, one of these years they will need to break through to get to a SB but the last I checked only one team in the NFL reached the conf title game each of the last 2 years. He's doing a pretty good job.

Yep, all true, and nothing to show for it. Until it is a Super Bowl appearance it is all of not. That goes for any team.

Oh and to save you the trouble of typing it again for the umpteenth time. We are aware of the fact that the Dolphins haven't won a playoff game in ten years.

nyjunc
02-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Yep, all true, and nothing to show for it. Until it is a Super Bowl appearance it is all of not. That goes for any team.

Oh and to save you the trouble of typing it again for the umpteenth time. We are aware of the fact that the Dolphins haven't won a playoff game in ten years.

You cannot get to a SB w/o getting to a title game first. Rex and the Jets will eventually break through but until then they have still proven they have an elite team in this league. One time could be considered a fluke but twice in a row? The jets have a damn good team w/ a younf core that will have many opportunities in the coming years to break that door down.

PhinzN703
02-14-2011, 10:19 AM

Dude can say what he wants but anyone would look foolish publicly when you declare you're going to do something yet you fail to do it. Yeah I know the Dolphins haven't done anything in 50 years, I understand that. But how many other coaches come out each year and publicly state their team's intentions?

I find it funny he's mouthing off again. So he was wrong the last two years, who cares? It isn't like anyone really gives a damn either way.

Fin_Frenzy_84
02-14-2011, 10:29 AM

you dont get nothing for reaching the afc championship game. Also of course your goal is to win the SB but you dont have to be a loud mouth like your Fat *** coach.

nyjunc
02-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Dude can say what he wants but anyone would look foolish publicly when you declare you're going to do something yet you fail to do it. Yeah I know the Dolphins haven't done anything in 50 years, I understand that. But how many other coaches come out each year and publicly state their team's intentions?

I find it funny he's mouthing off again. So he was wrong the last two years, who cares? It isn't like anyone really gives a damn either way.

That's the great thing about it, he doesn't care. He's building mentally tough teams w/ SB or bust expectations, that's where you want to be. This title game loss hurt alot more than last year b/c we expected to be there. I don't want a team that is happy w/ making the playoffs, this team is all about the SB on an annual basis for the first time in my life and I love it. It's hard to win one and it may take a few more years or it may never happen but I'm confident w/ a guy like rex running things.

HurriPhin
02-14-2011, 01:16 PM
He's building mentally handicap teams w/ bust expectations

Fixed

Nublar7
02-14-2011, 06:11 PM

The man has one goal and isn't afraid to say it, what is wrong w/ that? Should he keep his mouth shut and keep expectations low? He and his team have backed him up his first 2 years, one of these years they will need to break through to get to a SB but the last I checked only one team in the NFL reached the conf title game each of the last 2 years. He's doing a pretty good job.He has declared every year that the Jets WILL win the Super Bowl. The team so far has not backed him up.

nyjunc
02-14-2011, 06:23 PM
He has declared every year that the Jets WILL win the Super Bowl. The team so far has not backed him up.

Actually when he was hired he said they would be visitong Obama but he didn't say it was going to be after the 2009 season.

It's hard to win a SB(it's hard for some teams to make the playoffs or win playoff games). His team has backed him up being the ONLY team in the league to make the conf title each of the last 2 seasons.

Nublar7
02-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Actually when he was hired he said they would be visitong Obama but he didn't say it was going to be after the 2009 season.

It's hard to win a SB(it's hard for some teams to make the playoffs or win playoff games). His team has backed him up being the ONLY team in the league to make the conf title each of the last 2 seasons.His 2009 playoffs schedule for the team included the Super Bowl victory parade. Also said numerous times his team should be favored to win it all.

If he plans on meeting with Obama, he only has two more seasons to accomplish that. Don't see it happening. Wouldn't be surprised(if there is a free agency) if the Jets fall out of the playoff race early next year.

nyjunc
02-14-2011, 06:49 PM
His 2009 playoffs schedule for the team included the Super Bowl victory parade. Also said numerous times his team should be favored to win it all.

If he plans on meeting with Obama, he only has two more seasons to accomplish that. Don't see it happening. Wouldn't be surprised(if there is a free agency) if the Jets fall out of the playoff race early next year.

That was a motivational ploy.

Our core is in their prime and signed, we aren't losing everyone. We'll have most of our key guys back and we have one of the best GMs in the game so this team isn't going away anytime soon.

Phin-o-rama
02-14-2011, 06:51 PM
It is realistic to plan on them making it all the way back to the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game again.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

KlausC
02-15-2011, 10:19 AM
In other news, the sky is blue.

I'm confident the Jets will be able to re-sign most of there free agents, contrary to popular belief.

nyjunc
02-15-2011, 10:25 AM
In other news, the sky is blue.

I'm confident the Jets will be able to re-sign most of there free agents, contrary to popular belief.

I think most people who do not like us are just worried this is the beginning of something special and not the end. We have one of the best Gms in the game, look at all the moves we made last year w/ the restrictions we had? I'm confidnet in Tannenbaum to bring back most of the key players. Harris is 100%, I would prefer Holmes and Edwards over Cromartie but I think we'll get two of those 3 back. I like Brad Smith but let another team overpay for him, I would love Wayne Hunter back but based on his play for an injured Woody some team will likely offer him more than we'd be willing to spend, I love Shaun Ellis but he's too old give a big deal to at this point. We have a young core, we are in great shape. Now let's get the labor nonsense behind us and start focusing on breaking down that door to the super Bowl.

KlausC
02-15-2011, 10:31 AM
^ I created a thread on TGG showing how we could keep most of our FA's. In 1/2 hour or so a dunce like me had it figured out. I'm sure tanny will be able to keep the guys they want to.

PhinzN703
02-15-2011, 11:41 AM
That's the great thing about it, he doesn't care. He's building mentally tough teams w/ SB or bust expectations, that's where you want to be. This title game loss hurt alot more than last year b/c we expected to be there. I don't want a team that is happy w/ making the playoffs, this team is all about the SB on an annual basis for the first time in my life and I love it. It's hard to win one and it may take a few more years or it may never happen but I'm confident w/ a guy like rex running things.

He could build mentally tough teams in the locker room as opposed to through the media. I wouldn't want my coach to run his mouth every year and be wrong. What Ryan is doing isn't wrong, he just isn't right.

Keep it internally and it's a non-issue (even more of a non-issue than it already is).

nyjunc
02-15-2011, 11:47 AM
He could build mentally tough teams in the locker room as opposed to through the media. I wouldn't want my coach to run his mouth every year and be wrong. What Ryan is doing isn't wrong, he just isn't right.

Keep it internally and it's a non-issue (even more of a non-issue than it already is).

There are many ways to get the job done. I'm not a trash talker and i would prefer the quiet approach BUT as long as he is winning I am all for his approach. We have been legit SB contedners in his 2 years here, the ONLY team to make the title game each year. That's not easy to do and I appreciate what he has brought to this team. They aren't trying to make the playoffs, the goal is the SB and there is nothing wrong w/ talking about it openly.

Smith21
02-15-2011, 12:02 PM
*the only team to lose the title game 2 years in a row, the jets won the pre title game! Just like they won the wildcard. Oh well atleast as a dolphins fan I can hope they win the division so the jets and patriots can't. F u Rex Ryan go eat a foot.. While Sanchez is circling the highschools for the greenest grass to mow.

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2011, 03:21 PM
at least we have an afc east title in the last 9 years :lol:

truthbtold
02-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Fans of other teams, and also the media really need to learn the definition of "Trash Talking".
As far as I know, Rex has never disrespected another team or another coach. He simply pumps up
his own team. If you're an NFL coach and you don't plan on winning the SB, what the hell are you
doing exactly??

He has good reason to believe he has the best team in the league ... The coach of ANY of the top 7 or 8 teams should believe it.
Why does it get everyone so twisted just because he actually says what the caoch of any good team already thinks??
You can certainly make the case for the Jets being the best team in the NFL. You can make the same case for a handful of other teams too.

You guys on here blasting Rex are just jealous because the Dolphins are clearly NOT part of that discussion.

nyjunc
02-15-2011, 03:38 PM
at least we have an afc east title in the last 9 years :lol:

so do we, we won it in 2002 when Tom Brady played 16 games- the ONLY team besides NE to win a div title ina year Tom Brady was NE's full time starting QB.

PhinzN703
02-15-2011, 06:25 PM
There are many ways to get the job done. I'm not a trash talker and i would prefer the quiet approach BUT as long as he is winning I am all for his approach. We have been legit SB contedners in his 2 years here, the ONLY team to make the title game each year. That's not easy to do and I appreciate what he has brought to this team. They aren't trying to make the playoffs, the goal is the SB and there is nothing wrong w/ talking about it openly.

I know this, I also said there's nothing wrong about it. Well the only wrong is not following through with the goal but as you said, it isn't easy. But then if it isn't easy, don't run your mouth about doing it every year.

Sigh, stupid offseason.

nyjunc
02-15-2011, 06:29 PM
It's going to seem like a longer offseason than usual w/ all the CBA nonsense.

AphexPhin
02-16-2011, 07:35 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/02/rexryanknicksthumb300x42132950-1.jpg (http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/February11sports/rexryanknicks.jpg)

Rex & his wife are checking out what black NBA players they want to take home with them.:lol2:

AphexPhin
02-16-2011, 07:40 PM

Its not even about having guts. Rex just doesnt give a **** whether or not he looks like a big fat baffoon:lol:. I mean, this is the same guy that posted foot fetish vids of his wife on the internet (no one stole them, its was their own doing):lol:. His "guarantees" have grown stale. I at least give the alcoholic Jets' legend (Namath) for coming thru with his guarantee SB win.

PhinzN703
02-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Well that's one way to stay relevant in the offseason