PDA

View Full Version : Rodman Among 12 Finalists for Hall of Fame

BAMAPHIN 22
02-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Dennis Rodman, Jamaal Wilkes and Tex Winter were among 12 finalists announced Friday for induction into the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Rodman was the flamboyant rebounder who won five NBA titles with Chicago and Detroit; Wilkes won four NBA titles with Golden State and the Lakers after starring at UCLA; and Winter was the architect of the triangle and triple-post offense.

"I am truly humbled, privileged and honored," said Wilkes, who attended the announcement in Los Angeles, site of this weekend's All-Star game.

The other finalists are former NBA stars Maurice Cheeks, Chris Mullin and Ralph Sampson, five-time Olympian Teresa Edwards, Stanford women's coach Tara VanDerveer, former NBA coach Dick Motta, Philadelphia University coach Herb Magee, college referee Hank Nichols, and Al Attles, the current vice president and assistant general manager of the Golden State Warriors.

To be inducted, finalists must receive at least 18 votes from a 24-member committee.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011/02/18/sports/basketball/AP-BKO-Hall-of-Fame.html?ref=sports

dreday
02-18-2011, 06:08 PM
rodman should have BEEN in the HOF but that crazy cross dressing and extra curricular stuff has kept him out....

i think if you can do one thing great,i mean extremely great, like greater than nearly everyone in the league.....then that should get you consideration. especially if that thing is rebounding and you are probably half a foot shorter than the other guys fighting for the ball.....