PDA

View Full Version : Clippers agree to trade Baron Davis to Cavs for Mo Williams

Adam First
02-24-2011, 12:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6153550

The Los Angeles Clippers and Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed in principle to a trade that would send Baron Davis and the Clippers' 2011 first-round draft pick to Cleveland in exchange for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon, league sources confirmed to ESPN.com.

I really thought Baron Davis would stick with the Clippers.

Tunaphish429
02-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Cavs made out on that one..Clippers must not wanna pay that huge contract.

Kdawg954
02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Interesting trade, I also thought Davis would stick around because of the great connection he has with Blake Griffin. I mean Cleveland will get another lottery pick in this deal, as well as their own potential #1 pick . . . but IMO, it doesn't seem like a great trade for either team.

Ferretsquig
02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Maybe the Cavs think Baron hates Scott so much he'll retire rather than play for him.

The Clippers needed to get Davis as far away from Blake as possible. If that costs a lotto pick in this lousy draft then so be it......its not a bad tradeoff. Now they can offer Mo a buyout to gently nudge him out of the door and hand the team over the to youngsters. Bledsoe, Gordon, Aminu, Griffin, Jordan. Give 'em a few years and they might become a decent team.

dreday
02-24-2011, 03:25 PM
r.i.p baron davis...he might as well retire if he's playing for a ring at this point...im surprised b scott approved this after all the bull baron did in N.O.

watch him turn up with some strange injury...

tylerdolphin
02-24-2011, 03:45 PM
You only thought Davis didnt give a **** before. Hes about to take it to a whole new level.

Boy From School
02-24-2011, 04:47 PM
I wonder how much weight Baron will gain in these next few months, lol.

X-Pacolypse
02-24-2011, 05:52 PM
What's the over/under on how many games Davis plays with the Cavs?