PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Celts get Thunder's Jeff Green

BAMAPHIN 22
02-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Just before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, the Boston Celtics agreed to ship center Kendrick Perkins and guard Nate Robinson to the Oklahoma City Thunder for forward Jeff Green and big man Nenad Krstic, two league sources said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6155082

beanh8er
02-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Good move. Perkins is oft injured and gives the Cs a resilient (although not very good) center and a sweet shooting PF.

dreday
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
good trade for OKC. perk and ibaka holding down the paint. kd and westbrook roaming around. OKC is definitely gonna be a problem.i feel bad for jeff green tho. he had all the opportunity in the world to make himself a star,(well...maybe a semi star), in OKC and he blew it. now he's just gonna be a james posey clone for the rest of his career.well done presti.

that said,the celtics have virtually no size now. all they have is nenad, shaq, j o'neal and kg. and outta those 4...3 1/2 of them dudes stay injured...and why would they get rid of robinson?the guy was an important piece.

Ferretsquig
02-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Wow.....can't believe the Celtics gave up Perkins for an undersized PF that can't rebound and a mediocre center. Certainly makes life easier for the Heat. The only two players the Heat can never handle are Perkins and Davis.

dreday
02-24-2011, 05:47 PM
not sure what boston is thinking...perhaps they think sheed is going to rise from the dead

X-Pacolypse
02-24-2011, 05:51 PM
This is a move that helps Miami more than it does Boston.

Ferretsquig
02-24-2011, 06:12 PM
I guess they thought they wouldn't be able to re-sign him.....dunno....makes no sense to me. Green becomes their backup SF now, which also doesn't make any sense to me. Its like with Marion. As a PF he can present all sorts of matchup problems.....as a SF hes a below average shooter that can't get by anyone.

What a sweet deal for Presti and OKC though. It gets rid of what would have been an incredibly uncomfortable situation with Green. He seems like a great guy and popular all around but there's no way they could commit major dollars to an undersized PF that doesn't defend or rebound. And to top it off you fill your greatest need with a young big man just now entering his prime. We'll see how they play together but in my mind they've put themselves right up there with the western conference contenders.

For all the talk about teams in major markets monopolizing all the talent and creating a top heavy league......

jree
02-24-2011, 06:19 PM
I love every minute of this. The player they said they missed the most when he was injured and the reason Celt nation said they lost the Finals was just shipped over to the West? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The road to the Finals just got that much easier

Clipse
02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Are the Celtics dumb? Jeff Green is trash. He's a tweener. Can't rebound or hold his own defensively in the paint. Bad 3 point shooter. Krstic is trash as well. They have no centers worth a damn on their roster now. Makes no sense.

X-Pacolypse
02-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Are the Celtics dumb? Jeff Green is trash. He's a tweener. Can't rebound or hold his own defensively in the paint. Bad 3 point shooter. Krstic is trash as well. They have no centers worth a damn on their roster now. Makes no sense.

Maybe Doc Rivers just wanted to make Miami's trip to the Finals a little bit easier?

dreday
02-24-2011, 06:58 PM
I guess they thought they wouldn't be able to re-sign him.....dunno....makes no sense to me. Green becomes their backup SF now, which also doesn't make any sense to me. Its like with Marion. As a PF he can present all sorts of matchup problems.....as a SF hes a below average shooter that can't get by anyone.

What a sweet deal for Presti and OKC though. It gets rid of what would have been an incredibly uncomfortable situation with Green. He seems like a great guy and popular all around but there's no way they could commit major dollars to an undersized PF that doesn't defend or rebound. And to top it off you fill your greatest need with a young big man just now entering his prime. We'll see how they play together but in my mind they've put themselves right up there with the western conference contenders.

For all the talk about teams in major markets monopolizing all the talent and creating a top heavy league......

making up for all the horrendous big man draft picks...and this is a great move contingent on perks knees.if he can play, this could get real interesting in the playoffs this year.

and miami has to be laughing at this move by the c's...

jree
02-24-2011, 07:16 PM
making up for all the horrendous big man draft picks...and this is a great move contingent on perks knees.if he can play, this could get real interesting in the playoffs this year.

and miami has to be laughing at this move by the c's...

Oh, we are!!! Perk was a bigger problem for us than KG cause of his ability to defend the middle. Now the O'neil losers have to play more minutes. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ferretsquig
02-24-2011, 07:29 PM
making up for all the horrendous big man draft picks...and this is a great move contingent on perks knees

That could be it......they might think that Perkins has no chance of making it through his next contract healthy. Still for a big man hes been pretty healthy most of his career. And I think a couple of teams are feeling pretty lousy about giving up on Tyson Chandler as a walking injury.

PhinsPhan11
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
This was a much better deal for the Thunder than the Celtics. Perkins gives the Thunder some size they definitely. This move will end up hurting the Celtics.