PDA

View Full Version : Source: Mike Bibby headed to Heat

BAMAPHIN 22
02-28-2011, 06:16 PM
In a stunning move, Bibby, whom the Wizards acquired from Atlanta last week in a trade for Kirk Hinrich, gave up his entire salary for next season. The 32-year-old point guard had one year and $6.2 million left on his deal.

"He sacrificed some money in order to win a championship," said David Falk, Bibby's agent. "Once you're past 10, 11 years in the league, you want to be in a situation where you can win. He's got some attractive options open to him."
Bibby is eager to sign with a title-contending team after clearing waivers, and sources say the Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics, Miami Heat and Portland Trail Blazers are interested in him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6167769

dreday
02-28-2011, 06:24 PM
he probably wouldn't be asked to do too much...

jree
02-28-2011, 07:15 PM
he probably wouldn't be asked to do too much...

It doesn't matter what he's asked to do as long as it takes Chalmers outta the equation.

edit: Nice sig btw

nick1
03-01-2011, 12:17 AM
he will be the only PG playing in the rotation, coach said only 1 pg will play

BARF
03-01-2011, 01:44 AM
i have always been a fan of bibby so jacked up, i can't wait for him to join the team, i would prefer dalembert over murphy, but if we could land murphy i would be happy to, the good thing with murphy it would pull the center out to the perimeter

jree
03-01-2011, 02:20 AM
I'm a huge Bibby fan. I've been one since the first time I seen him play. The 3 players that I have more jerseys of: Jordan, Wade, and Bibby. I wanted him to win a title with Sac soooo bad. I really hope this works out cause I really don't know how I'd react to him going to the Celts.

PHINATIC13
03-06-2011, 08:56 PM
....I've always liked Bibby... but imo he's nowhere near the same player I watched play the Lakers earlier in his career...having said that...I do believe he can provide the Heat with the "court" leader they need in crunch time situations...I'm just not sure he and the Heat have enough time to get it all together in time to win it all this year...jmho...