PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor released from Jets

FinAtic8480
02-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Jason Taylor is expected to be released, but Tannenbaum wouldn’t go into details.

www.profootballtalk.com

Taylor has said that if Parcells would have be gone before he signed with the Jets he would have remained a Dolphin. One has to wonder if JT will be willing to come back to Miami and if the Dolphins would be interested in his services. I know this sounds wrong and I might piss of some, but it won't be the first time JT comes back with his tail between his legs.

hooshoops
02-24-2011, 08:42 PM
omg...hell no...don't bring him back...even new york knows he's done now

SebasMiamiFan
Let's stay young on Defense. Say no to JT.

X-Pacolypse
F*ck that traitor POS. Go to Hollywood and start making straight to DVD movies.

vafins
02-24-2011, 08:43 PM
nah I dont want him back

Nublar7
02-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Don't want this traitor anywhere near the Dolphins. He burned the bridge in 2008, and we let him come back in 2009. Then he turned around and stabbed the Dolphins in the back and burned the bridge again last season. He should just do everyone a favor and just retire, he has already tarnished his image.

Adam First
02-24-2011, 08:46 PM
I'll take him back. Everyone makes mistakes.

X-Pacolypse
02-24-2011, 08:47 PM

Willingly flushing your Dolphins legacy down the toilet isn't what I would call a "mistake."

finsfanjay13
02-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Yes. Bring him back. But only for a 1-day contract. I don't want him for a year.

DphinBillkiller
02-24-2011, 08:55 PM
He's getting old and slow. Time to develop younger and faster players.

napsndreds
02-24-2011, 08:56 PM
man f that guy....

miamiron
02-24-2011, 09:00 PM

Just look at this regime

dlockz
02-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Still the best dolphins defensive player in the history of the franchise no matter many hate him on this board. I do love how when Taylor is cut he blows but we need to go out and sign shockey who just got cut. Its all about money

AdamC13
02-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Never thought JT had much choice but to sign with the Jets. IMO Parcells was a ******** when it came to JT. If Nolan thinks JT adds to the defense then by all means sign him. At this point in his career he would only add depth and limited playing time. Not much harm in that.

dlockz
02-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Never thought JT had much choice but to sign with the Jets. IMO Parcells was a ******** when it came to JT. If Nolan thinks JT adds to the defense then by all means sign him. At this point in his career he would only add depth and limited playing time. Not much harm in that.

at least some understand. Teams have no loyalty to players yet they expect Taylor should retire if we dont want him or play for a lesser team than the Jets. We dumped Zach Thomas after an injury filled year and used his money on some truly useless players. Ogunleye had a 16 sack season and we basically tryed to super loweball him then ended up trading him for Marty friggin Booker.

Lets definately not forget how the Phins crapped on the best player to ever don a dolphin uniform Dan Marino, so they could sign Jay friggin Fielder

Bta72dolphins
02-24-2011, 09:19 PM
**** JT, JT sign off the little respect i had for him when he became a Jet.

2413fanphins
02-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Still the best dolphins defensive player in the history of the franchise no matter many hate him on this board. I do love how when Taylor is cut he blows but we need to go out and sign shockey who just got cut. Its all about money

I have the same stance I have with shockey.

I don't think he'll command a lot of money, and he is still good as the situational/rotational pass rusher.

dlockz
02-24-2011, 09:27 PM
I have the same stance I have with shockey.

I don't think he'll command a lot of money, and he is still good as the situational/rotational pass rusher.

That could be a possibilty. If he can make the team better Im all for it. People expect too much of NFL players, they dont realize that its really just a job and not many people would just wait around at the last minute to have your team say we might resign you when you have a job available for a team that has a good chance to be a playoff team.

Ricky_Fan34
02-24-2011, 09:30 PM
It amazes me that some are so butthurt over the fact that JT left. It's a business guys. Miami told him he wasn't wanted, so naturally, he went to the one place where he was wanted. It happened to be the Jets. So what?

Everyone here hates the Jets, and it's unfortunate that he went there, but it's not because he didn't want to be in Miami. He wanted to stay, Parcells didn't want him and said "**** off." It was purely a business decision. JT decided he wasn't ready to retire, so he did the only thing he could do which was sign with the Jets.

X-Pacolypse
02-24-2011, 09:30 PM
JT sucks.

hooshoops
02-24-2011, 09:34 PM
i could care less about loyalty...jason taylor was done after last season...the jets figured it out this year...why the hell do i want to bring back a done football player to eat up a roster spot and game snaps

get lost jason taylor...and take washed up penny and these other scrubs with ya

rdksek844
02-24-2011, 09:38 PM
The difference is this is not just a job. The NFL is an entertainment business that needs to tailor to the fans as well as their pockets. Now that he sucks in NY as well, he may be willing to take a pay cut? Why not take that pay cut and stay last year. No, he had to get more money and then he had to betray us with the risk of loosing fan base. In my opinion, he made the wrong choice. It would be different if he spent only 5 years here, but he spent 95% of his career here. He should have stayed and took one for the team. I am tired of this job b.s. That is why there is no loyalty anymore. That is why teams can buy trophies now. Players too worried about money instead of the team.

Oh, and my opinion of the best player on D that we ever had is Zach. He played with more heart than any other player I have ever seen. When his career was done, he didn't go to the pats, he left the division. He is a true champ and deserves to be remembered as a true great. Taylor will not be.

X-Pacolypse
02-24-2011, 09:40 PM
JT blows.

D-bolt
02-24-2011, 09:44 PM
JT still runshis mouth on the Joe Rose showaboutthe 'Phins. As far as I'm concerned he can go to Africa and fist a rhino like he did Ryan that tutu wearing prick!

67Stang
02-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Sign JT? Do the cheerleaders need a dance coach?

dlockz
02-24-2011, 09:57 PM
The difference is this is not just a job. The NFL is an entertainment business that needs to tailor to the fans as well as their pockets. Now that he sucks in NY as well, he may be willing to take a pay cut? Why not take that pay cut and stay last year. No, he had to get more money and then he had to betray us with the risk of loosing fan base. In my opinion, he made the wrong choice. It would be different if he spent only 5 years here, but he spent 95% of his career here. He should have stayed and took one for the team. I am tired of this job b.s. That is why there is no loyalty anymore. That is why teams can buy trophies now. Players too worried about money instead of the team.

Oh, and my opinion of the best player on D that we ever had is Zach. He played with more heart than any other player I have ever seen. When his career was done, he didn't go to the pats, he left the division. He is a true champ and deserves to be remembered as a true great. Taylor will not be.

Well you can believe that Thomas was the best defensive player ever for us and believe me I loved Zach but Taylor is probably a hall of famer at some point while Zach will probably never get his due. I think Zach was very underrated but Taylor is 10th all time in sacks.

vagrantprodigy
02-24-2011, 10:07 PM
We didn't want him last year. Why would we want him this year?

Eli_Manning
02-24-2011, 10:08 PM
No. Not because I think he's a traitor and all that garbage but because he's ancient now and should just retire.

rdksek844
02-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Well you can believe that Thomas was the best defensive player ever for us and believe me I loved Zach but Taylor is probably a hall of famer at some point while Zach will probably never get his due. I think Zach was very underrated but Taylor is 10th all time in sacks.

Zach is a hall of fame LB. He led the team in tackles most of his career. Sacks aren't everything.

More pro bowl selections than Jason as well.

More tackles than any linebacker currently in the Hall of Fame. Pretty good stat!!

DzakkH13
02-24-2011, 10:09 PM
We don't need him.

Wake >>>>>>> JT
Misi >> JT

Let that traitor fade into irrelavency.

X-Pacolypse
02-24-2011, 10:10 PM
JT is a dancing fairy.

SpurzN703
02-24-2011, 10:12 PM

No

rev kev
02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Who is this character?

rdksek844
02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I used to be as big a fan of JT as I was of Zach. I felt like a bullet went though my stomach when Zach picked up his parking tag and put it into his car. I kinda felt the same way when Jason went to the skins, but at least it was out of the division. JT then blew it. Zach is the man, regardless of family. At least in my book.

Hayden Fox
02-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Hit the bricks. Come back in a few years for the ring of fame.

utahphinsfan
02-24-2011, 10:42 PM
F*ck that traitor POS. Go to Hollywood and start making straight to DVD movies.

Agreed. Why do I feel if JT gets snubbed again by Miami that he'll go to Buffalo & reunite w/ Wanny.

AdamC13
02-24-2011, 11:17 PM
i could care less about loyalty...jason taylor was done after last season...the jets figured it out this year...why the hell do i want to bring back a done football player to eat up a roster spot and game snaps

get lost jason taylor...and take washed up penny and these other scrubs with ya

And yet in limited playing time he would have been #2 in sacks on our team last year, tied for #2 in forced fumbles and the top non-DB in passes defensed.

jlfin
02-24-2011, 11:20 PM

Best player in Dolphin history? Maybe in terms of sacks, but not by elevating his play in meanngful games. I'll take Manny Fernandez, Doug Betters, AJ Duhe, Jake Scott any day. Those guys were difference makers where it mattered- In playoff games. Manny Fernandez completely disrupted the Redskins offense in the SB. I can't even imagine JT making that kind of impact.

dlockz
02-25-2011, 04:59 AM
Best player in Dolphin history? Maybe in terms of sacks, but not by elevating his play in meanngful games. I'll take Manny Fernandez, Doug Betters, AJ Duhe, Jake Scott any day. Those guys were difference makers where it mattered- In playoff games. Manny Fernandez completely disrupted the Redskins offense in the SB. I can't even imagine JT making that kind of impact.

So I guess Dan Marino was not the best offensive player in dolphin history since u could say the same about him but oh well

Vaark
02-25-2011, 07:33 AM
Just like my lasting image of Dulpecker is his taunting Fins fans, for The Ballerina, it's The Tubby, wife-whoring foot fetishist's koolaid shower at SunLife. Fcuk that sockcucker and long live Zach.

nyjunc
02-25-2011, 08:46 AM
I think he is retiring, he just cannot get it done anymore but put the old wounds aside, he is a dolphin and always will be a dolphin.

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

He was not a big game player which is why he will not make the HOF but he was a very good player and he did alot of good things for Miami.

Tunaphish429
02-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Haha, I love it...**** YOU JT!

nyjunc
02-25-2011, 10:10 AM
JT is a dancing fairy.

so then he is perfect for the teal and orange:D

SpurzN703
02-25-2011, 11:20 AM

Admit it. You'd do him

nyjunc
02-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Admit it. You'd do him

This thread just took a weird turn

Tunaphish429
02-25-2011, 12:05 PM
This thread just took a weird turn

Junc gonna touch JTs junk.

nyjunc
02-25-2011, 12:06 PM
You guys have some strange fantasies.

Nublar7
02-25-2011, 06:09 PM

Dolphins don't wear teal and orange.

jlfin
02-26-2011, 04:40 PM
So I guess Dan Marino was not the best offensive player in dolphin history since u could say the same about him but oh well

Unlike JT, Marino played well in the playoffs. I recall a playoff game vs the KC Chiefs ( I was there). The Chiefs had arguably the best set of CB's in the league (Ross, Lewis), Derrick Thomas and a physical ball conrol offense with Barry Word and Christian Okoye.
They had a lead going into the 4th quarter and Marino threw a late TD pass to Clayton under very tight coverage.
Marino also had a decent game in the SB (unfortunately no one else did) and threw for over 300yds while under constant pressure and with no running game. I recall a 45-28 win vs the Steelers in the AFC championship game where Marino was dazzling.
I can't recall JT making a single game changing play or sack in any of the Phins playoff games. He was on the field during some of the most embarrasing playoff losses in Phins history. Marino was on those teams too, but he was well past his prime.
I stand by my original post.

Aqua and Orange
02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/201050/report-jets-releasing-jenkins-woody-others

The New York Daily News reports that the Jets will release NT Kris Jenkins, RT Damien Woody, DE Vernon Gholston, and OLB Jason Taylor.

Great news that one of our best players in team history won't be winning a championship with the Jets anytime soon!

:)

MRojas4
02-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Sucks for him, not needed on this roster.

Bumpus
02-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Wrong forum. Moving.

SkapePhin
02-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Welcome to CBS Jason Taylor!

Bta72dolphins
02-28-2011, 08:13 PM
old news no one cares. But i just got news that this team really wants him. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/03/trash1-1.jpg

X-Pacolypse
02-28-2011, 08:19 PM
JT sucks. Welcome to a career of straight to DVD movies.

sinPHIN
02-28-2011, 09:11 PM
who cares. jason traitor is old news. i will never welcome him back. and will boo my *** off if he is put into the ring of honor. there is a new guy in town and he goes by the name of WAKE!

Blitz
02-28-2011, 09:14 PM
He can retire with no team, and try his luck in Hollywood. He'll fit right in with the primma donnas, but I doubt many people will be watching anything he is in.

Maybe he will be forced to do a threesome with Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson in fifteen years?

Hayden Fox
02-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Hang it up JT. Great career.

Phin-o-rama
02-28-2011, 10:00 PM
he could always do a few wrestling appearances to make money...it's only slightly less gay than dancing with the stars

Dolfan3773
02-28-2011, 10:45 PM
:bye:

Fins1971
03-01-2011, 10:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6168598

Also heard this on Sirius radio this morning driving to work.

I expect Miami to sign him to a couple day contract so that he can retire a Dolphin.
Sirius mentioned that he is going to retire. Even though he left the Dolphins for the Jets I hold no grudges and feel he should retire as a Dolphin.

Vernon Gholston is done as a Jet after 3 failed years.

The dude made about 24 million off of 3 sacks against Jake Long in Michigan-Ohio State game then did virtually nothing in the pros. He may be picked up for veteran minimum $500K by someone who wants to give him another chance. If he couldn't make it the Jets friendly system I doubt he improves somewhere else. Another reason for the rookie wage scale changes that are needed in the NFL. He may just retire since he set for life and in good health.

Jenkins who some were saying is top 5 nose tackle is released. Obviously Sexy Rexy doesn't feel the same.

Thats all for now

Bartowboy
03-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Atleast he can retire now that he has the ring he wanted so badly. Oh wait.

Nublar7
03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
The way he treated Miami the past few years, I highly doubt this regime signs him to a one day contract so he can retire. He doesn't deserve that at this very moment.

Built2Win
03-01-2011, 10:40 AM
he should retire a dolphin
and sparano should dance with the stars

Slim
03-01-2011, 10:40 AM
If they do sign him to a one day contract i think that's pretty telling.

Now that Parcells' ego is out the door it wouldn't shock me.

nyjunc
03-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Atleast he can retire now that he has the ring he wanted so badly. Oh wait.

At least he got closer than he ever had before.

Miami should sign him so he can "retire a dolphin". I'm not sure the wound is healed on either side yet but w/ BP off to the side maybe they can do this this year?

Built2Win
03-01-2011, 10:49 AM
maybe jt still has something in the tank

Fins1971
03-01-2011, 10:56 AM
At least he got closer than he ever had before.

Miami should sign him so he can "retire a dolphin". I'm not sure the wound is healed on either side yet but w/ BP off to the side maybe they can do this this year?

What are your feelings about the other 3 jetties that were whacked?

Wildbill3
03-01-2011, 10:57 AM
where is the righteous indignation about Bryan cox rejoining the fins as a coach?
New York Jets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Jets) (1998 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_NFL_season)-2000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NFL_season))New England Patriots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots) (2001 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_NFL_season))Jason gave his heart and soul to the fins for many years, so what if he played for the jets for one season? IMO that one season was as much bill parcels fault as Jason Taylor's. He has every right to retire as a fin.

SpurzN703
03-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Not really Dolphins related anymore

Wildbill3
03-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Not really Dolphins related anymoreLike him or hate him, he was a dolphin for a long time, I think news about him can stay for a little bit.

SuperMarksBros.
03-01-2011, 11:08 AM
The way he treated Miami the past few years, I highly doubt this regime signs him to a one day contract so he can retire. He doesn't deserve that at this very moment.

He deserves considerably more slack than than what you choose to give these boneheads currently running this team. Taylor gave this organization probowl season after probowl season, all these guys have done is screw up at nearly every turn.

MDphinfan02
03-01-2011, 11:14 AM
forget him he sucks.......he can retire a jet......Fn bum

NYinBostonFin
03-01-2011, 11:14 AM
maybe jt still has something in the tank

No...just no, don't even start it.

nyjunc
03-01-2011, 11:15 AM
What are your feelings about the other 3 jetties that were whacked?

All expected, I think there is a good chance we re-sign Woody and Jenkins at a lower cost.

where is the righteous indignation about Bryan cox rejoining the fins as a coach? Jason gave his heart and soul to the fins for many years, so what if he played for the jets for one season? IMO that one season was as much bill parcels fault as Jason Taylor's. He has every right to retire as a fin.

I think eventually the fans will get over it and I agree he deserves to have a day w/ Miamibut there was a big difference btw Cox and taylor and Cox was only a dolphin for 5 years and his last team before he signed w/ us was the Bears. he had been 3 years removed from Miami when we picked him up off the crap heap.

phinfan13/34
03-01-2011, 11:16 AM

Oh come on Nub, you've got to give the man more respect then that, he gave up 11 years to our phins. Forgive and forget, thats what I say!

sinPHIN
03-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Don't want him to retire a phin sorry. The guy burnt his bridge with me. He should learn a thing or two from his brother in law.

Wildbill3
03-01-2011, 11:25 AM
All expected, I think there is a good chance we re-sign Woody and Jenkins at a lower cost.

I think eventually the fans will get over it and I agree he deserves to have a day w/ Miamibut there was a big difference btw Cox and taylor and Cox was only a dolphin for 5 years and his last team before he signed w/ us was the Bears. he had been 3 years removed from Miami when we picked him up off the crap heap.
he also coached on the jets for 3 years, so 6 years with the jets and we hired him to coach our guys? to me there isn't a difference, if you're going to "hate" someone for playing on the jets, you should hate them forever.

Crzynick25
03-01-2011, 11:33 AM

Jenkins is said to be retiring, he has had two major leg injuries in back to back seasons

nyjunc
03-01-2011, 11:39 AM
he also coached on the jets for 3 years, so 6 years with the jets and we hired him to coach our guys? to me there isn't a difference, if you're going to "hate" someone for playing on the jets, you should hate them forever.

I'm w/ you but I still see differenes. Cox isn't considered a dolphin like taylor, Cox isn't going itno the ring of honor like Taylor an he didn't have a history opposing the Jets like Taylor did. I can see both sides, I am w/ you though. I think he should retire a dolphin and get his day of honor. Eventually the fans will forget.

Jenkins is said to be retiring, he has had two major leg injuries in back to back seasons

Jenkins is rehabbing right now and he plans on playing as of today. That could change but as of now he is not retiring.

Fins1971
03-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Jenkins is rehabbing right now and he plans on playing as of today. That could change but as of now he is not retiring.

It's amazing that what seemed to be a strength of your team defense has now become a hole and what was a hole for us just last year is now our strength (Solia-franchise tag).

How fast things change in the NFL.

Nublar7
03-01-2011, 11:53 AM
He deserves considerably more slack than than what you choose to give these boneheads currently running this team. Taylor gave this organization probowl season after probowl season, all these guys have done is screw up at nearly every turn.

Difference is the guys in charge want to be here. JT didn't and forced his way out once and stabbed the team in the back after he was given a second chance. How is JT really any different than Saban?

*Demi*God*
03-01-2011, 11:57 AM

If he would have gone to the Bills then it would be a different story...Cox's history with the Bills is similar to Taylors was with the Jets...Cox didnt go sign with the Bills after he gave them the 2 finger salute..But look back at some of the stuff Taylor said about the Jets and their fans...And then to go play for them....It would have been like Cox going to play for the Bills after the stuff he did and said about the Bills and their fans...So in that aspect, Cox wins...

Calgaryfin
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I would look after Zach first. Taylor can wait ...forever!

johngarry
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
saying that the player is unworthy of remembrance after giving his all, leaving pieces of himself on 32 fields across this land is akin to your friends and family members turning their collective backs on "you" when your burdens are laid down.

when everyone declared he couldn't be the guy…he proved he was that, and more. now what; we should lessen him?

he carried our shield, he was one of our warriors. a standard bearer, a captain. he is a citizen of Miami.

honor him.

DisturbedShifty
03-01-2011, 12:17 PM
While I tend to defend JT, I too believe that he should have to wait to retire a Phin. But only because of the fact that people are still butt sore over the fact that he played for the Jets.

Vaark
03-01-2011, 12:26 PM
If he maintains a low profile the next few years, continues on with his charity work, keeps his trap shut on all things relating to the Fins directly or by negative inference like this year, then I can see time healing these wounds. Right now, the local sentiment beyond this or any forum is less than positive. It's possible for JT to rehab his image but after his shenanigans, quotes and actions over the last few years, he needs to understand that Rome wasn't built in a day.

spiketex
03-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Any merit in looking at Gholston? He would love to prove something to the Jets, if he got the opportunity.

Taylormade 99
03-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Common guys! Jason Taylor will FOREVER linked to the Dolphins! JT playing for the Jets was a stab in the eye to Bill Parcells. We all new that. Now that we can see what a piece of Sh** Parcells was we all can see more clearly why Jason did what he did. Jason gave alot to the Phins and I for one will always be a Jason Taylor fan! I mean if the Bills can forgive Thurmon Thomas playing for the Fins I think WE all can take Jason Taylor back withopen arms!!! Sign your one dollar contract and take your place in Dolphins history forever Jason!

ArmyFin7
03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
**** Taylor.

DphinBillkiller
03-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Like him or hate him. After all the dust settles he will retire a Dolphin.

*Demi*God*
03-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Any merit in looking at Gholston? He would love to prove something to the Jets, if he got the opportunity.

I made a thread about it and got bashed LOL...if he is cheap...Id like to bring him in camp and see what he can do...

nyjunc
03-01-2011, 12:49 PM
It's amazing that what seemed to be a strength of your team defense has now become a hole and what was a hole for us just last year is now our strength (Solia-franchise tag).

How fast things change in the NFL.

The great thing is w/ Jenkins missing most of the last 2 seasons we still made the title game each year. He would have been huge for our D and maybe put us over the top but we will need some size in the middle of our D now along w/ a pass rusher- those are our 2 biggest needs.

Wildbill3
03-01-2011, 12:57 PM
12 years of giving his life, his body and his soul to our team and we get to act like he owes us more before he can retire a fin? comeon.

*Demi*God*
03-01-2011, 12:58 PM
The great thing is w/ Jenkins missing most of the last 2 seasons we still made the title game each year. He would have been huge for our D and maybe put us over the top but we will need some size in the middle of our D now along w/ a pass rusher- those are our 2 biggest needs.

Even though Jenkins is rehabbing now, Im not sure he will play next year....Torn ACLs SUCK...and to tear the same 1 2xs is really rough to come back from...And he is 31 so its not like he is a spring chicken anymore....But sadly the Jets D still did decent with him out...

nyjunc
03-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Even though Jenkins is rehabbing now, Im not sure he will play next year....Torn ACLs SUCK...and to tear the same 1 2xs is really rough to come back from...And he is 31 so its not like he is a spring chicken anymore....But sadly the Jets D still did decent with him out...

I understand he is in for a tough rehab but according to everything I have heard he is serious about coming back. Things could always change but we'll see.

*Demi*God*
03-01-2011, 01:03 PM
12 years of giving his life, his body and his soul to our team and we get to act like he owes us more before he can retire a fin? comeon.

How many other Dolphin greats left to play for a hated division rival after they bad mouthed their fans and organization? Dont get me wrong, Im all for players trying to win titles because thats why most play the game...But he didnt have to go to the Jets...Zach Thomas had a chance to play for whoever after he was release from Miami, and even had offers from the Pats...but he turned them down to sign with Dallas...

*Demi*God*
03-01-2011, 01:04 PM
I understand he is in for a tough rehab but according to everything I have heard he is serious about coming back. Things could always change but we'll see.

This is true, and as we have seen things can change in a day lol....I personally dont see yalls D hurting if he dosent come back though...The past 2 years proved that...

Wildbill3
03-01-2011, 01:06 PM
How many other Dolphin greats left to play for a hated division rival after they bad mouthed their fans and organization? Dont get me wrong, Im all for players trying to win titles because thats why most play the game...But he didnt have to go to the Jets...Zach Thomas had a chance to play for whoever after he was release from Miami, and even had offers from the Pats...but he turned them down to sign with Dallas...if there had been any teams out there who wanted to sign him besides the jets, i'm sure he would've gone elsewhere. as I understand it, the jets were the only ones who actually were willing to pay him last season, and judging by our draft, I don't think it was in our plans to ever bring him back.

nyjunc
03-01-2011, 01:07 PM
How many other Dolphin greats left to play for a hated division rival after they bad mouthed their fans and organization? Dont get me wrong, Im all for players trying to win titles because thats why most play the game...But he didnt have to go to the Jets...Zach Thomas had a chance to play for whoever after he was release from Miami, and even had offers from the Pats...but he turned them down to sign with Dallas...

Let's not forget Dallas was the NFC SB favorite heading into that 2008 season which Zach played w/ them. Zach had a choice, what was Taylor's choice? sign w/ SB contending Jets or wait around for Miami to offer him a deal? He didn't have the same options.

This is true, and as we have seen things can change in a day lol....I personally dont see yalls D hurting if he dosent come back though...The past 2 years proved that...

Our D is going to be good regardless, it could have truly been great if he was healthy the last 2 years but at least this year we won't be counting on him and won't have big $ tied up in him only to see him get hurt. I hope he comes back but who knows?

*Demi*God*
03-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Let's not forget Dallas was the NFC SB favorite heading into that 2008 season which Zach played w/ them. Zach had a choice, what was Taylor's choice? sign w/ SB contending Jets or wait around for Miami to offer him a deal? He didn't have the same options.

Our D is going to be good regardless, it could have truly been great if he was healthy the last 2 years but at least this year we won't be counting on him and won't have big $ tied up in him only to see him get hurt. I hope he comes back but who knows?

When isnt Dallas the media super bowl favorite out of the NFC?? The media love them some Cowboys for some reason...But honestly we dont know what could have happened...Miami offered him a contract before the end of the 09 season and he turned it down...Im not saying he dosent deserve to be able to retire a Dolphin and get his name in the ring of honor SOME DAY...Just not this year...

NJDOLPHAN76
03-01-2011, 01:21 PM
How long before Jenkins knee gives out again!?!

Fins1971
03-01-2011, 01:48 PM

Yeah, The Steelers were able to push you around running the ball in that 1st half when the game almost got away.

Fins1971
03-01-2011, 01:50 PM
I made a thread about it and got bashed LOL...if he is cheap...Id like to bring him in camp and see what he can do...

Gholston is done. He's got $24 million clams and nothing to play for anymore. You think he is going to bust his but for $500K

utahphinsfan
03-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Jenkins who some were saying is top 5 nose tackle is released. Obviously Sexy Rexy doesn't feel the same.

Former Univerisity of Utah players now compromise 50% of the starting NT's in the AFCE.

As for JT, It would not surprise if he pulls a Favre and reunites w/ Wanny in Buffalo.

dolphindebby
03-01-2011, 03:58 PM
I know I don't post much, if at all Bill, but thank you for being a voice of reason about JT.

nyjunc
03-01-2011, 04:20 PM
When isnt Dallas the media super bowl favorite out of the NFC?? The media love them some Cowboys for some reason...But honestly we dont know what could have happened...Miami offered him a contract before the end of the 09 season and he turned it down...Im not saying he dosent deserve to be able to retire a Dolphin and get his name in the ring of honor SOME DAY...Just not this year...

They were 13-3 and had the 1 seed in '07, they had legit reasons to be considered a favorite heading into 2008.

I don't know when it will be but I am sure the dolphins, fans and JT will make up and he'll be bashing the Jets at his ring of honor ceremony and that is probably the way it should be.