PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes to hit the Open Market

TKAllDay
03-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Per rotoworld a deal with the Jets will not get done and he will hit the open market. :) Could the fins use him? Either way I hope he gets signed away from the Jest.

AquaInferno
03-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Great news, anything bad for those *** monkies is great for me!

jared81
03-01-2011, 03:51 PM
one wide receiver basket case is enough for me.

wonderl33t
03-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Since IMO Holmes is the best player in their offense, this is music to my ears

TKAllDay
03-01-2011, 04:06 PM
one wide receiver basket case is enough for me.

Yeh. Why on earth would we want a former super bowl MVP who caught a game clinching touchdown? Especially after considering the fact that he would essentially for free (without player/draft compensation). Pass.

tical
03-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Come on! they're not going to let S.Holmes walk....

Built2Win
03-01-2011, 04:14 PM
if anything the dolphins should make a pitch to drive up his price if the jets wanna keep him

nyjunc
03-01-2011, 04:15 PM
This isn't news, there was no chance they were re-signing any of their FAs before the new CBA is in place.

Holmes is priority #1, I will be shocked if he is not a Jet long term.

TKAllDay
03-01-2011, 04:19 PM
This isn't news, there was no chance they were re-signing any of their FAs before the new CBA is in place.

Holmes is priority #1, I will be shocked if he is not a Jet long term.

It's not news? Ok tells rotoworld it's not news--QUICK!!!!!!!!!!

newlownorder
03-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Dude makes big plays in big games, but we need someone to throw to him first.

johngarry
03-01-2011, 04:23 PM
<cough> bullsh*t! <cough>

jospec11
03-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Ill be shocked if they let him go... guy makes big time plays when it counts. And has done it at every level.

KlausC
03-01-2011, 05:07 PM
It's not news? Ok tells rotoworld it's not news--QUICK!!!!!!!!!!

It's really not. There was no way for the Jets to re-sign him at this point because of the 30% rule. Edwards is the guy we can sign before the CBA is up ...

foozool13
03-01-2011, 05:22 PM
There is no way we sign him...we are not about to tie up that much $$ into WRs...but as long as the JETS dont get him...im happy.

utahphinsfan
03-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Keller will still be a jet; he is the one Miami has problems containing consistently.

JB1089
03-01-2011, 07:47 PM
It's really not. There was no way for the Jets to re-sign him at this point because of the 30% rule. Edwards is the guy we can sign before the CBA is up ...

This.

Jet Offensive
03-01-2011, 08:13 PM
i'd say the jets plan on keeping him since they just put a 1st and 3rd round tender on him. obviously if a new cba changes that then they will pursue another avenue. but i think it's safe to assume the jets want to keep holmes.

Patrick_Bateman
03-02-2011, 12:08 AM
i'd say the jets plan on keeping him since they just put a 1st and 3rd round tender on him. obviously if a new cba changes that then they will pursue another avenue. but i think it's safe to assume the jets want to keep holmes.

I would agree with this, he's the biggest receiving threat on the team, I'm still not sure about anything though until they accept a new cba - this offseason blows...

AphexPhin
03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Thats great that he wont be a Jet again cause he is a fantastic player...but knowing our luck he'll probably sign with the Patriots and haunt us for years lol

nyjunc
03-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Thats great that he wont be a Jet again cause he is a fantastic player...but knowing our luck he'll probably sign with the Patriots and haunt us for years lol

Why won't he be a Jet again?

KlausC
03-03-2011, 11:24 AM

What makes you so sure he won't be a Jet? The article says he won't sign before tomorrow, which would be nearly impossible for the Jets to do given the 30% rule. The Jets have said he's there #1 priority in FA and he's said he wants to play for the Jets. Of course that doesn't mean it's a done deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the Jets again.

The Jets may have more cap room than you think.

nyjunc
03-03-2011, 11:28 AM
What makes you so sure he won't be a Jet? The article says he won't sign before tomorrow, which would be nearly impossible for the Jets to do given the 30% rule. The Jets have said he's there #1 priority in FA and he's said he wants to play for the Jets. Of course that doesn't mean it's a done deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the Jets again.

I will be shocked if he is not a Jet long term.

SecondhandJet
03-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Why won't he be a Jet again?

Because he's a casual fan that doesn't read beyond the OP. He doesn't know that we placed the highest tender on Holmes and Cro. I'm waiting for the next "Lets get Brad Smith! Oh wait, he's tendered with a 2nd round pick... okay, lets trade them Crowder for Brad Smith!" topic.

AphexPhin
03-03-2011, 05:57 PM

Oops! My bad. Yeah I havent been paying too close attention to the Jets cap space. I do think their GM does a great job of managing it compared to most teams. Perhaps it was wishful thinking on my part :)