PDA

View Full Version : Heat expect to sign Bibby, cut Arroyo loose

BAMAPHIN 22
03-01-2011, 05:56 PM
The Miami Heat cleared room on their roster Tuesday for the expected addition of free-agent point guard Mike Bibby by releasing seldom-used guard Carlos Arroyo. Roster now stands at 14 players, freeing up a spot to sign Bibby, who was released by the Washington Wizards after reaching a buyout agreement in which he gave up next year's $6.2 million salary.

Arroyo was not with the team for Tuesday's lengthy practice, and coach Erik Spoelstra said a statement from team president Pat Riley would be coming later Tuesday afternoon.

But the Heat's players were already in a welcoming mood for Bibby, who officially clears waivers at 6 p.m. ET Wednesday. Heat forward LeBron James said he was on the verge of becoming teammates with Bibby in Cleveland several years ago before the veteran guard was traded from Sacramento to Atlanta.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6171168

PhinsPhan11
03-02-2011, 12:35 AM
I think Bibby brings much more to the Heat than Arroyo would. This is a good move by them.

jree
03-02-2011, 01:04 AM
I think Bibby brings much more to the Heat than Arroyo would. This is a good move by them.

Bibby brings much more to the Heat than all the current PG's on this roster. This is huge for this team. The guys that he's going to be beat by in this conference are the best PG's in the game so its expected. The biggest thing he brings to the table is his court vision and ability to hit the open jumper. Something that Chalmers can't do

PhinsPhan11
03-02-2011, 01:33 AM
And he brings good veteran experience at the PG. Something the Heat didn't really have this year.

jree
03-02-2011, 02:55 AM
I will say that with Arroyo being a local guy from down here, I really hope that he catches on somewhere. I would have rather seen Juwan get cut but there was absolutley no sense in keeping so many PG's around and Carlos was the most expendable one. I'm hoping that Bibby gets his career rejuvanated down here. He's one of my favorite players of all time.

I honestly wish Carlos all the best and I really hope that he lands with another contendor. The guy worked real hard but just lacked the talent to be able to stick with a team. Its a shame too b/c he never complained one bit or became any type of distraction when he lost his starting job and playing time to Chalmers and House.

Ferretsquig
03-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Looks like Arroyo might get a shot with the Spurs.

All this team needs is JWill part II. Give them a floor general for 3 quarters and let the big three + Miller and Anthony shut the opposition down in the 4th. I just hope they have the sense to hide him against Rose, Rondo, Felton, and even Nelson. Let him sit on Korver or Fields or QRich and make Wade or James cover the point. My main hope for this team now is that come playoff time we see that defensive intensity from the big three for 40 minutes a game instead of the standard 3. When Wade and James decide to turn it up a notch they're pretty impressive.

dreday
03-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Looks like Arroyo might get a shot with the Spurs.

All this team needs is JWill part II. Give them a floor general for 3 quarters and let the big three + Miller and Anthony shut the opposition down in the 4th. I just hope they have the sense to hide him against Rose, Rondo, Felton, and even Nelson. Let him sit on Korver or Fields or QRich and make Wade or James cover the point. My main hope for this team now is that come playoff time we see that defensive intensity from the big three for 40 minutes a game instead of the standard 3. When Wade and James decide to turn it up a notch they're pretty impressive.

no thx..pass

PhinsPhan11
03-02-2011, 07:41 PM
no thx..pass
I love your sig. Very cool.