PDA

View Full Version : Jason taylor : "no way in hell he'll play for the dolphins again"

phinsphan99
03-02-2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/videobeta/?watchId=55e078d5-1eb2-42b5-918b-d9da8a75f24c

tical
03-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Oh i'm pretty sure they wouldnt want you!

fatkirstyalley
03-02-2011, 12:01 PM
He will sign with the Pats

NYinBostonFin
03-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Who's asking?

Flip Tanneflop
03-02-2011, 12:08 PM
If he plays again next season, he has to go somewhere that its cool to show up late because your name is Jason Taylor.

Nublar7
03-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Jason Taylor, just go away.

crossfit93
03-02-2011, 12:16 PM
go die in a hole jason taylor. i have lost all respect for you. traitor!!!!!!!!!!!

finsfanjay13
03-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Wow. Context guys. He said specifically, "If you look at it, I don't think there's anyway in hell they'll bring me back here."

ojmcduffy
03-02-2011, 12:18 PM
yeah it sounds like he wants to be back in miami, and the fo isn't hiring him. That being said i do not want him back. He's like 193 years old in the twilight of his career. His best games are behind him.

finsfanjay13
03-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Furthermore: "They didn't want me last year, why would they change their mind now? And that's fine, look, they have an organization to run and it's their, uhh, their job to do what they think is best for their football team and they did that. That's fine. You know, I have no problem with that."

Calm down, fellas. He didn't crap on the Dolphins. He didn't say, "There's no way in hell I will play for that team again." Sun-Sentinel headline bait. Seems to have worked.

finfan75
Yes very misleading thread title...

Adam First
Retire, Jason.

jree
I don't know if some of you are hearing it wrong but it seems like its more of cry for pity. He didn't ay "No way in hell I'll play for the Miami Dolphins again" He said no way in hell they'd bring him back. Atleast he understands that. When the dust settles, he'll retire a Dolphin

gofins
03-02-2011, 12:20 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/videobeta/?watchId=55e078d5-1eb2-42b5-918b-d9da8a75f24c
I suggest next time before you start a thread about an interview, you actually listen to it and make sure you understand what is being said before you misinform everyone. Taylor said that there is no way in hell that the Dolphins would want him and he understands that it is a business and he is fine with that. He in no way had a bad attitude. Very classy interview. Why does everyone hate on Taylor because he loves to play the game? Dolphins didn't want him so he played for an actual contender. What's the problem with that?

jree
03-02-2011, 12:21 PM
go die in a hole jason taylor. i have lost all respect for you. traitor!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever seen that movie "the fan"? ....creepy

Chubby
03-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey Jason,

I hear the National Ballet Company is hiring. Here I will hook you up.
http://www.nationalballet.com/
Chubbs

ojmcduffy
03-02-2011, 12:23 PM
the problem with it is that contender was the new york jets. I prolly dont have to explain why that is a problem right.

Vaark
03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Furthermore: "They didn't want me last year, why would they change their mind now? And that's fine, look, they have an organization to run and it's their, uhh, their job to do what they think is best for their football team and they did that. That's fine. You know, I have no problem with that."

Calm down, fellas. He didn't crap on the Dolphins. He didn't say, "There's no way in hell I will play for that team again." Sun-Sentinel headline bait. Seems to have worked.

Thanks for putting this into perspective. I think he's a douche and certainly don't want him back. However, I take no issue with his reasoned, objective take on the possibility of returning but do in fact have a problem with the sun sentinel headline baiting.

nyjunc
03-02-2011, 12:29 PM
I encourage people to listen to the interview, the headline sounds alot worse than what was actually said. I'm a little disappointed.

finsfanjay13
03-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks for putting this into perspective. I think he's a douche and certainly don't want him back. However, I take no issue with his reasoned, objective take on the possibility of returning but do in fact have a problem with the sun sentinel headline baiting.

Bingo. Trust me, I'm not a fan that he signed and played with the Jets. However, there is no reason to rub salt in a wound with a headline like this. He didn't say anything malicious. It's a non-story if you ask me.

SkapePhin
03-02-2011, 12:33 PM

That is pretty damn irresponsible by the Sun-Sentinel.

insomnia411
03-02-2011, 12:35 PM
This thread title is completely not accurate to what JT actually said. Good job.

studsatele
03-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Who?

losrudos1
03-02-2011, 12:53 PM
who cares about the context. the guy is garbage. rotten from the inside and smelling worse every day. I'd rather drink hot dumpster juice than have Taylor's name associated with this fanchise in any way ever again...including retiring as a Dolphin or getting in the ring of honor, etc. F-him.

DOLFANMIKE
03-02-2011, 12:53 PM

Good. Misi and Wake are better and he's too much drama to have on the roster as a backup.

finsfanjay13
03-02-2011, 12:58 PM
who cares about the context. the guy is garbage. rotten from the inside and smelling worse every day. I'd rather drink hot dumpster juice than have Taylor's name associated with this fanchise in any way ever again...including retiring as a Dolphin or getting in the ring of honor, etc. F-him.

Seriously? Since you don't care about context, then I'll create a quote from you:

"Retiring as a Dolphin", says losrudos1 "is garbage". When asked about this, he said, "I'd rather drink hot dumpster juice" than being "associated with this fanchise [sic] in any way ever again".

You seem to hate the Dolphins.

TedSlimmJr
03-02-2011, 01:02 PM
And people wonder why a kid like Ryan Mallett, who literally has millions of potential dollars on the table wouldn't discuss with the media the things they wanted to talk about...

jree
03-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Seriously? Since you don't care about context, then I'll create a quote from you:

You seem to hate the Dolphins.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/03/1utdrg3est-1.jpg

Vaark
03-02-2011, 01:08 PM
And people wonder why a kid like Ryan Mallett, who literally has millions of potential dollars on the table wouldn't discuss with the media the things they wanted to talk about...

Obviously he's been advised he'll be losing more money by attempting to transparently address these questions than by zipping it. ( Nice new badge Teddy)

dolphin75
03-02-2011, 01:09 PM
amen!!!!

TedSlimmJr
03-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Obviously he's been advised he'll be losing more money by attempting to transparently address these questions than by zipping it. ( Nice new badge Teddy)

The media wasn't going to determine how much money he loses whether he addressed it or not... they're not the one's making the picks or negotiating the contracts.

How he addressed it with his potential employers in interviews is the only thing that's going to determine the financial outcome.

This just goes to show how the media has the capability to take anything you say and spin it into any angle they want in order to attract readers... and smear whatever is left of you in the process...

utahphinsfan
03-02-2011, 01:38 PM

3 words: reunion. Buffalo. Wannstedt.

matt11390
03-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Some of you seem to have bad feelings towards JT. I can understand that but lets not forget all that he left out on the field for Miami. He in no way is dissing the Dolphins in this video just stating the obvious which is Miami won't be asking him to come back. He is completely cool, and right, in his observations how the NFL is a business.

FinAtic8480
03-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Classless.

Chubby
03-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Some of you seem to have bad feelings towards JT. I can understand that but lets not forget all that he left out on the field for Miami. He in no way is dissing the Dolphins in this video just stating the obvious which is Miami won't be asking him to come back. He is completely cool, and right, in his observations how the NFL is a business.
Nah I am still a JT fan, just having some fun.
Chubbs

butta247
03-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I hate JT...I wish hr was never on our team. All of the remarks he made as a dolphin regarding the jets organization and their fans and then he goes to play with them? Hr is a waste of human life

UHHS
03-02-2011, 01:59 PM

Stroud just signed a two year deal with the Pats.

SpurzN703
03-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Dude should go to Hollywood like he apparently has been wanting to.....

X-Pacolypse
03-02-2011, 02:38 PM
JT sucks.

dlockz
03-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Change the damn thread title to be in line with what he said. He was very humble and never once bashed us in this interview. Taylor has never done anything bad to this organization or its fans but yet some make up ways to make him look worse. The jets cut him because they were not gonna pay him a 10 million dollar roster bonus and who can blame them I feel the patriots might come calling, he still has ome football left in him although he is definately not the taylor of old.

dolpns13
03-02-2011, 03:13 PM

Way to take a story completely out of context with your title.

Myles Fynch
03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
The title needs to be fixed, or this should get sent to spam. It's simply not an accurate accounting of what he said.

I have my problems with the guy, but this isn't one of them.

twg76
03-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Taylor rolled the dice with the Jets and tried to get his coveted SB ring. It failed. That sucks big time because he went to the enemy to try and get it. It was a huge gamble that didn't pay off. Let the drama begin.

Travis34
03-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Shucks...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/03/nfl_a_wake1x_sq_300-1.jpg

Sulamar1
03-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Hey Jason,

I hear the National Ballet Company is hiring. Here I will hook you up.
http://www.nationalballet.com/
Chubbs

You're the one who has the web address ready to go. You sign up already?

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
All the Taylor lovers can kiss my ***. He's a JET and therefore he SUCKS!!

AphexPhin
03-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm so glad he didnt get a SB win or even an appearance with the Jets. It would of made me vomit

DphinBillkiller
03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
meh.....:err:

normaniii
03-02-2011, 05:38 PM
All the Taylor lovers can kiss my ***. He's a JET and therefore he SUCKS!!

He WAS a Jet........but in my mind will always be a Dolphin LEGEND!!!!!!!!

Lets remember he wanted to stay here last year after in his own words 'making a mistake' by leaving. He would have taken less money but our FO chose to keep players such as Q. Moses.

nyjunc
03-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Taylor rolled the dice with the Jets and tried to get his coveted SB ring. It failed. That sucks big time because he went to the enemy to try and get it. It was a huge gamble that didn't pay off. Let the drama begin.

How was it a huge gamble? He had no other choices and he still made it to the AFC Championship Game- a game he never played in during his long career in Miami.

Dolfan4life!
03-02-2011, 05:52 PM
How was it a huge gamble? He had no other choices and he still made it to the AFC Championship Game- a game he never played in during his long career in Miami.

I shouldn't have to explain this to someone who claims to be a fan of the sport, but here goes...There has never been an NFL player whose ultimate goal was to play in the conference championship game. Never has been and never will be. The jests failed last year and I seriously doubt JT considers the season to be a success.

nyjunc
03-02-2011, 06:06 PM
I shouldn't have to explain this to someone who claims to be a fan of the sport, but here goes...There has never been an NFL player whose ultimate goal was to play in the conference championship game. Never has been and never will be. The jests failed last year and I seriously doubt JT considers the season to be a success.

The conf title game isn't the ultimate goal but compare that w/ not having played a playoff game since 2001 and never having been close to a conf title game and making the conf title game can be viewed as a success. You cannot get to a SB w/o playing in the conf title game. Jason got to experience something he never experienced before.

Nawledge
03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
"I don't think there's a chance in the world that they're going to call," he said. "We didn't communicate very well when I played there. That ship may have sailed, and that's OK."

Jason Taylor (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1245) used to despise the New York Jets (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets) and their fans. Now he doesn't want to say goodbye.

The former star pass rusher, released Tuesday after one season with the Jets, told reporters at a golf event Wednesday in South Florida that he wants to play at least one more season -- but only for the Jets. Taylor, 36, shared that sentiment in a conversation Tuesday with coach Rex Ryan.

"I want to play in New York, oh, for sure," Taylor said in an interview aired on 760 ESPN Radio. "I told Rex this yesterday: If I'm going to play, I want to play with the Jets."

f*ck Jason Taylor...he might as well just retire, move to california and become an actor/dancer/entertainer or whatever the hell he always wanted to be.

Joe W. Namath
03-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Sadly for fins fans, when Jason remembers his teams greatest season, he will remember his season with the Jets. Thats gotta hurt south florida. But im sure he still looks fondly on all the regular season games in Miami.

Nawledge
03-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Jason got to experience something he never experienced before.

Whats that...getting a foot massage from his coach after games?

JCfinfan
03-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey Jason, STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We do not want you anyway!!

Bta72dolphins
03-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Wow. Context guys. He said specifically, "If you look at it, I don't think there's anyway in hell they'll bring me back here."

wow never seen finheaven take something way out of context ^.^

SkapePhin
03-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Way to take a story completely out of context with your title.

To be fair, he was just using Sun Sentinel's title. SS should be the one being blasted for their misleading title.

utahphinsfan
03-02-2011, 07:14 PM
The conf title game isn't the ultimate goal but compare that w/ not having played a playoff game since 2001 and never having been close to a conf title game and making the conf title game can be viewed as a success. You cannot get to a SB w/o playing in the conf title game. Jason got to experience something he never experienced before.

Wow! The Maxwell Smart defense.

Fans of all teams need to remember things are cyclical i.e. What goes up must come down & what is down will rebound.

BTW; jest currently are closer to the apex of NFL success than Miami. Parachute anyone?

Cali Finfan
03-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Hmmmm at least he gets it....

spydertl79
03-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I love Jason Taylor

Chisel Monkey
03-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Just Go Away..............

PhinsPhan11
03-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Enough Jason.

DolfanISS
03-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Who cares. He will likely have issues finding work at all.

kvado16
03-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Holy **** you got like a million thank yous in a simple post

AZStryker
03-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Wait, people made a totally unnecessary knee jerk reaction about something on Finheaven. No way!

Dolfan4life!
03-02-2011, 09:06 PM

No, he's been on teams that have lost playoff games before. Stop trying to make losing the AFC Championship game something more than it is. It is a loss and a failure.

emeraldfin
03-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Meh, at this point I couldn't really care less about JT.

JAMAICA
03-02-2011, 09:26 PM
**** Jason Taylor. They better not put him in the ring of honor. If they do, I will boo my heart out at the entire ceremony. He's no Zach Thomas.

showstopper
03-02-2011, 09:27 PM
jason who?

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-02-2011, 09:36 PM
All the Jets fans on here can kiss my *** too.........................it's worth the infraction.

Hey, how do i get one of those awards of a dogs pooping on the Jets logo? I think i qualify.

ry-dbar
03-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Taylor is one of my all-time favorites. Kind of a bummer his career is ending this way. Wish we never traded Surtain either.

dolpns13
03-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Taylor is one of my all-time favorites. Kind of a bummer his career is ending this way. Wish we never traded Surtain either.

but we got matt roth for him, who was obviously just as good a player as surtain was :rolleyes2:

dolpns13
03-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm so glad he didnt get a SB win or even an appearance with the Jets. It would of made me vomit

is that a movie in your avatar? if so it looks real freaky and I need to see it.

luduporcu
03-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't know if some of you are hearing it wrong but it seems like its more of cry for pity. He didn't ay "No way in hell I'll play for the Miami Dolphins again" He said no way in hell they'd bring him back. Atleast he understands that. When the dust settles, he'll retire a Dolphin

What makes you so sure? He owes this Owner and this F/O nothing. What if he refuses to retire a DOLPHIN, and also refuses to permt his name to be added to that "ring"?

dolpns13
03-02-2011, 10:58 PM
What makes you so sure? He owes this Owner and this F/O nothing. What if he refuses to retire a DOLPHIN, and also refuses to permt his name to be added to that "ring"?

and the Miami Dolphins never sign, invite, and allow him to retire a fin. I would be totally fine with that.. Being that the Dolphins also owe him nothing.

sm0kinfins
03-03-2011, 03:36 AM
No, he's been on teams that have lost playoff games before. Stop trying to make losing the AFC Championship game something more than it is. It is a loss and a failure.

Keep in mind... A loss in the playoffs, at any level, is a huge win if you're a disgusting, pathetic, friend of Osama Bin Laden jest fan... such as junc.

nyjunc
03-03-2011, 09:03 AM

He's been on plenty of teams that have lost playoff games before buit never on a team that won 2 playoff games in a single postseason and he was never clsoe to playing in an AFC Championship Game. he was on 3 teams that made the div rd and they lost those 3 games by an AVERAGE score of 42-3. It was a big deal for him to be so close to a SB.

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-03-2011, 10:56 AM
He's been on plenty of teams that have lost playoff games before buit never on a team that won 2 playoff games in a single postseason and he was never clsoe to playing in an AFC Championship Game. he was on 3 teams that made the div rd and they lost those 3 games by an AVERAGE score of 42-3. It was a big deal for him to be so close to a SB.

I call bull**** on this. "my jets are a big deal" is what you are saying. I call bull**** on that too. It's like saying "we didn't win the superbowl but we were close, and wow that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside" no effing way.

nyjunc
03-03-2011, 11:25 AM
I call bull**** on this. "my jets are a big deal" is what you are saying. I call bull**** on that too. It's like saying "we didn't win the superbowl but we were close, and wow that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside" no effing way.

You can do what you want but the fact is we are the only team to play in the conf title game the last 2 years, no we didn't finish it off but we have an elite team. I know that bothers you but get used it.

AphexPhin
03-03-2011, 05:42 PM
"We were soooooooooo close"
- whining Jets fans:lol2:

(only kidding of course)

Anyways, **** Jason Traitor

WeVie
05-01-2011, 08:44 AM
He said, no way in hell would they have him back. I think he is right.

DisturbedShifty
05-02-2011, 07:19 AM
I don't see Miami signing him for a full year. But if he wants to retire and sign a one day contract with Miami to retire a Dolphin, I ALL for that.

I don't care what anyone says, Jason Taylor is my favorite Miami Dolphin of all time. Did it hurt to see him in that puke green uniform last year? Yeah, it did. But I also understood that it was business decision that lead to him leaving. So I will gladly welcome 99 back to retire in aqua and orange.