PDA

View Full Version : good for a laugh ( pat white)

ROADRUNNER
03-10-2011, 02:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81eaf0a0/article/exdolphins-qb-white-announces-retirement-from-baseball?module=HP_headlines

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Tallow
03-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah a guy not succeeding in what he hoped to be his life goal.

Real hilarious.

Next time you get fired, or your kid fails in something he tried his hardest. Make sure to let us know so we can laugh at his misfortune. Since its so hilarious!

Kdawg954
03-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I think his heart is in football but he needs to realize that he just doesn't have the size and skillset to be a great NFL QB. I think we will see his head pop up in the NFL or the CFL or the UFL this year . . . he still has a 4 year degree from West Va . . . so it's not like opportunities aren't out there.

I wish him well, good guy, overdrafted by us knowing he was a project and we just gave up on him . . . I wish we would have seen that before making the selection.

GasPed
03-10-2011, 02:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81eaf0a0/article/exdolphins-qb-white-announces-retirement-from-baseball?module=HP_headlines

:lol2::lol2::lol2:You find this funny, because... ??? :confused:

Kdawg954
03-10-2011, 03:04 PM
You find this funny, because... ??? :confused:

It is real funny, funny that our "Trifecta" used the 44th selection in the 2009 NFL draft on him. Hell I just laughed again . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:puke:

Fins1971
03-10-2011, 03:07 PM
The only one laughing is Pat White.
He got paid $2.4M gaurenteed by the Dolphins for 84 yards rushing and 0 completions
Sure he got knock the f*** out by Pittsburgh.
But who wouldn't take one knockout for 2.4M clams.

Fintastic2124
03-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Totally NOT funny. Maybe he'll switch positions in the CFL or something.

twg76
03-10-2011, 03:25 PM
He has to be the biggest bust in Dolphins' draft history.

Vaark
03-10-2011, 03:30 PM
He's a fine young man I feel bad for him and wish him much success in whatever his future holds. If it's business, hopefully a successful WVA alum can take him under his wing. I never take delight in watching someone who tries and whose heart's in the right place fail!!

Spesh
03-10-2011, 03:43 PM
He has to be the biggest bust in Dolphins' draft history.

Ted Ginn
Jamar Fletcher
Jason Allen
JJ Johnson
John Avery
Yatil Green

Well, you get the picture. And those are only first rounders, i skipped all the John Becks and Eddie Moores. The amount of schadenfreude on on this board is outstanding. People defend Ted Ginn because he cant control where he was drafted, people defend Jason Taylor after he pulled Favre's for multiple years then signs with our direct rival, and people defend Ricky Williams when he left us high and dry to live out of a tent.

And yet, Pat White is absolutely crucified because he was taken by a team(in the second round no less, costing us much less then the list i just posted) that cant develop an omelette much less a quarterback.
The guy was a class act while here. In the game against the Patriots while we were honoring members of the military, he was the only player from both teams to personal shake the hands of those that were present and thank them for what they do. Naturally, thats the guy we should be laughing at. :bobdole:

lurking
03-10-2011, 04:15 PM
He's a fine young man I feel bad for him and wish him much success in whatever his future holds. If it's business, hopefully a successful WVA alum can take him under his wing. I never take delight in watching someone who tries and whose heart's in the right place fail!!

i agree with the first part, but i don't think his heart was in the right place after the 1st year. didn't he try to quit the 2nd year and tri. boys talked him in to coming back

dlockz
03-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah a guy not succeeding in what he hoped to be his life goal.

Real hilarious.

Next time you get fired, or your kid fails in something he tried his hardest. Make sure to let us know so we can laugh at his misfortune. Since its so hilarious!

no offense but Pat White had been out of baseball for a while. He went back to baseball and quit after not even trying to play during the season. I dont feel bad for him, he quit he did not get laid off and really did not put alot of effort into trying to get back into baseball. This is quite different than you tryed to put it.

BAMAPHIN 22
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM

Looks like his baseball skills are about the same as his football skills.

Slim
03-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Don't you actually have to have a career before you can retire?

This just in - Slim retires from Kung Fu Ninja battles.

Tunaphish429
03-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Merge, with other thread..then please place in the depths with memorial thread...

Then burn.

Thank you

Signed Management.

Phinfan99
03-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Okay lets see here he has tried football and now baseball..... What other sport will he try next:

Hockey - Nope (cause he cant take a hit)
Soccer - Maybe
Basketball - I don't see it
Nascar - Hell NO
Golf - I could see that happening

Well thats my thoughts anyway. What do you all think?

ZILLA
03-10-2011, 05:12 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

JerryD
03-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Didn't see that coming ... NOT!!

callaway1234
03-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Didn't we hear about this at least a month ago?

retarmyfinfan
03-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Who cares about Pat White anymore?

Statler Waldorf
03-10-2011, 05:40 PM
He's a good kid, I wish him the best in life.

72champagne
03-10-2011, 05:45 PM
my preliminary diagnosis is brett favre syndrome.

Bumpus
03-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I fail to see the humor here.

I give this thread one star.

dreday
03-10-2011, 06:43 PM
anybody have the video of ike taylor ending his football career?

FINOMINAL
03-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Is Mr. Irrelevant still only the last pick in the draft?

SkapePhin
03-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Okay lets see here he has tried football and now baseball..... What other sport will he try next:

Hockey - Nope (cause he cant take a hit)
Soccer - Maybe
Basketball - I don't see it
Nascar - Hell NO
Golf - I could see that happening

Well thats my thoughts anyway. What do you all think?

Horse Jockey.

PhinsPhan11
03-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Who cares about him.

LANGER72
03-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Pat White had a chance to be a NFL QB and graduated from college. He is a millionaire at age 24.
He has accomplished a lot in a short time.
The next 10 years will define the rest of his life.
Hopefully, he will move on and make something of himself.
I am sorry the fins picked him, but that is another story.

Cali Finfan
03-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Posted this yesterday

Cali Finfan
03-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Posted this yesterday

MRojas4
03-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Hmmm, sad day when society laughs at other peoples failures.

Sure the kid could of show a little more heart and persaverance in his NFL or MLB career, but finding amusment in someone elses downfall, bit pathetic.

uga3406
03-10-2011, 09:33 PM
the next time anyone will see pat white on tv is when he is on the next episode of joes vs pros :lol:

Cali Finfan
03-10-2011, 09:35 PM
the next time anyone will see pat white on tv is when he is on the next episode of joes vs pros :lol:

He would be a Joe wouldn't he????

luduporcu
03-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Ted Ginn
Jamar Fletcher
Jason Allen
JJ Johnson
John Avery
Yatil Green

Well, you get the picture. And those are only first rounders, i skipped all the John Becks and Eddie Moores. The amount of schadenfreude on on this board is outstanding. People defend Ted Ginn because he cant control where he was drafted, people defend Jason Taylor after he pulled Favre's for multiple years then signs with our direct rival, and people defend Ricky Williams when he left us high and dry to live out of a tent.

And yet, Pat White is absolutely crucified because he was taken by a team(in the second round no less, costing us much less then the list i just posted) that cant develop an omelette much less a quarterback.
The guy was a class act while here. In the game against the Patriots while we were honoring members of the military, he was the only player from both teams to personal shake the hands of those that were present and thank them for what they do. Naturally, thats the guy we should be laughing at. :bobdole:

You forgot SAMMIE SMITH!

uga3406
03-11-2011, 08:52 AM
He would be a Joe wouldn't he????

of course he would

JerryD
03-13-2011, 12:58 AM

Don't see it ... He WOULD stamp his feet & ONLY PLAY QB ... then the Joe's will kick his azz!!

Better ... dancing with the Stars!! He'd be in good co. then!!

NOTE to Whiners: No one is gloating over his failure. We're POed that we gave him a ton of our hard-earned money & cheered him on ... and White did NOT have the DECENCY to be a team player & at least listen to the coaches & try other positions.

Pat made it clear ... it was WHITE'S WAY or the HIGHWAY ... White took the the HIGHWAY ... now he's ROAD KILL & has all our money. THAT'S what FANS DO NOT LIKE!!