PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Depp: I Am A Huge Dolphins Fan

FinAtic8480
03-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Johnny Depp returns for his fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" film this summer, but the world-famous movie star is far more interested in Dolphins than Buccaneers when it comes to his football passions.

"I'm a huge fan," said Depp, who lived in South Florida and attended Miramar High long before the NFL franchise moved to its current stadium just down the road and across the county line.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/fl-johnny-depp-dolphins-miramar-20110331,0,4142629.story

Awesome to know me and my favorite actor share a love for the same team.

Thumper1016
03-11-2011, 03:27 PM
I always kind of wondered if he was a miami fan.

nyjunc
03-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Just another reason to hate that guy.

Kdawg954
03-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Yea I remember him being somewhere and he had on a Fins hat (maybe the Super Bowl last year in Miami) and they questioned him and he said he was a Fins fan.

Since 2002:

Pirates of the Carribbean movies: 4
Dolphins playoff appearances: 1

Ugh

mrhankey81701
03-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Cool to know, doubt it puts people in the stands though

Kdawg954
03-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Cool to know, doubt it puts people in the stands though

If the stands can't get full from J-Lo showing her fine azz around the place every home game . . . I doubt Johnny Depp is going to help much.

SpurzN703
03-11-2011, 03:31 PM

:rimshot:

Chubby
03-11-2011, 03:35 PM
If the stands can't get full from J-Lo showing her fine azz around the place every home game . . . I doubt Johnny Depp is going to help much.
They should paint a picture of Jlo's assets in the endzone. Would defiantely be a nice view from the stands and probably attract more clientele.
Besides wouldnt hurt by motivating the players to score. Who wouldnt want to score right on top of her assets?
Chubbs

utahphinsfan
03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Another celebrity minority owner?

Vaark
03-11-2011, 03:42 PM
it's common knowledge that David Berkowitz, "The Son of Sam" was a jest fan ...and that although he actually rooted for the Bears, John Wayne Gacy's fellow clown Namath was his favorite player.

Travis34
03-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Thats sweet to know, he's one of my favorite actors as well.

ROADRUNNER
03-11-2011, 03:52 PM

:lol:...........your not funny.

giz
03-11-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/fl-johnny-depp-dolphins-miramar-20110331,0,4142629.story

Awesome to know me and my favorite actor share a love for the same team.

Me too!

SkapePhin
03-11-2011, 04:03 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

uga3406
03-11-2011, 04:07 PM
great actor and cant wait to see poc 4!

Built2Win
03-11-2011, 04:09 PM
can he play qb?

A&O
03-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Remember guys, Depp was quoted as saying that he hated America.

DphinBillkiller
03-11-2011, 04:32 PM
The more famous fans the better.

spydertl79
03-11-2011, 04:33 PM
I think cool should have a cutoff- and I vote for 48

SkapePhin
03-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Remember guys, Depp was quoted as saying that he hated America.

Really?

“France, and the whole of Europe have a great culture and an amazing history. Most important thing though is that people there know how to live! In America they've forgotten all about it. I'm afraid that the American culture is a disaster.”
-Johnny Depp

I'm not sure how he is saying he hates America here? It sounds like more so that he is (was) disappointed with his fellow citizens.

“I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it. It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it. I have benefited greatly from the freedom that exists in my country and for this I am eternally grateful.”
-Johnny Depp

Vaark
03-11-2011, 04:54 PM
What Depp did or didn't say is only rhetoric and conjecture anyway. Hey, we've had elected officials who've demonstrated their disdain for core American values by willfully subverting the Constitution- yet have gotten reelected, so go know? http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Regardless, I'm happy to count him as a fellow fins finatic.

nyjunc
03-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Really?

“France, and the whole of Europe have a great culture and an amazing history. Most important thing though is that people there know how to live! In America they've forgotten all about it. I'm afraid that the American culture is a disaster.”
-Johnny Depp

I'm not sure how he is saying he hates America here? It sounds like more so that he is (was) disappointed with his fellow citizens.

“I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it. It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it. I have benefited greatly from the freedom that exists in my country and for this I am eternally grateful.”
-Johnny Depp

I'm truly frightened of America in terms of raising my daughter here.

Sounds like someone who loves America to me.

http://www.crabbieshollywood.blogspot.com/2007/10/johnny-depp-hates-america-too.html

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

What Depp did or didn't say is only rhetoric and conjecture anyway. Hey, we've had elected officials who've demonstrated their disdain for core American values by willfully subverting the Constitution- yet have gotten reelected, so go know? http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Regardless, I'm happy to count him as a fellow fins finatic.

Yes, all that matters is that he loves the dolphins! If he liked the Jets we'd see more of those 3rd grade style photoshops slamming him but he loves the dolphins so you praise him.

SkapePhin
03-11-2011, 05:03 PM

http://www.crabbieshollywood.blogspot.com/2007/10/johnny-depp-hates-america-too.html

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Yes, all that matters is that he loves the dolphins! If he liked the Jets we'd see more of those 3rd grade style photoshops slamming him but he loves the dolphins so you praise him.

I personally like Depp regardless. He is an amazing actor and an interesting person.

I like Adam Sandler, and he is a Jets fan...

PS: Mark Sanchez likes little girls...

A&O
03-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Well if I am wrong about what the guy said then I am glad.

Vaark
03-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Has Rex cum on your tootsies yet?

nyjunc
03-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I personally like Depp regardless. He is an amazing actor and an interesting person.

I like Adam Sandler, and he is a Jets fan...

PS: Mark Sanchez likes little girls...

There's nothing wrong w/ liking Depp but let's not make him out to be something he isn't just b/c he roots for the team you like(not at you, just in general).

I would like Mark to go out w/ older women even though he did nothing illegal. If ou don't put yourself in abd situations bad things usually will not happen.

nyjunc
03-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Has Rex cum on your tootsies yet?

I think you think about foot sex more than Rex, you talk about it all the time.

Vaark
03-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I think you think about foot sex more than Rex, you talk about it all the time.

However unlike some tub of lard who shall remain nameless, I've never described myself in alternative lifestyle forums as "bi-curious"

nyjunc
03-11-2011, 05:11 PM
However unlike some tub of lard who shall remain nameless, I've never described myself in alternative lifestyle forums as "bi-curious"

Not that we know of. You sure send off plenty of signals that there is a closet you are trying to break out of.

JEDIJ007
03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Not that we know of. You sure send off plenty of signals that there is a closet you are trying to break out of.

Do you ahve a Job nyjunc?

nyjunc
03-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Do you ahve a Job nyjunc?

No, I am homeless. I use the community computers at the local public library. it keeps me warm and I get to post. Thanks for asking.

JEDIJ007
03-11-2011, 05:35 PM
No, I am homeless. I use the community computers at the local public library. it keeps me warm and I get to post. Thanks for asking.

Damn. I figured you to be a broke muthafuker, but homeless? Didn't expect that at all. Isn't you 1 hour internet time up yet?

nyjunc
03-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Damn. I figured you to be a broke muthafuker, but homeless? Didn't expect that at all. Isn't you 1 hour internet time up yet?

This quote is great, someone using English the way you are attacking another person. I'm sure "is" very successful.

fatkirstyalley
03-11-2011, 05:50 PM
who gives a ****!

JEDIJ007
03-11-2011, 05:53 PM
This quote is great, someone using English the way you are attacking another person. I'm sure "is" very successful.

Not attacking you YOU were the one who said you were homeless. i asked a simple question. I see you posting on here alot threw out the day. And even though my english might suck, i am successful. Just to let you know.

nyjunc
03-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Not attacking you YOU were the one who said you were homeless. i asked a simple question. I see you posting on here alot threw out the day. And even though my english might suck, i am successful. Just to let you know.

Congratulations, I hope you are. I wish everyone on here well, the stuff we talk about is fun and despite hating your team I don't hate anyone on here or wish bad things upon them. Everyone has different types of jobs, I'm fortunate that in my office I am constantly on the cpmputer and phone(except when I have meetings I need to attend) and I can post most days on various boards. What I do for a living has nothing to do w/ how I post though I do have a pretty cool job related to sports. I get to see and do things most fans do not.

Built2Win
03-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Congratulations, I hope you are. I wish everyone on here well, the stuff we talk about is fun and despite hating your team I don't hate anyone on here or wish bad things upon them. Everyone has different types of jobs, I'm fortunate that in my office I am constantly on the cpmputer and phone(except when I have meetings I need to attend) and I can post most days on various boards. What I do for a living has nothing to do w/ how I post though I do have a pretty cool job related to sports. I get to see and do things most fans do not.

i think deep down you like the dolphins in an odd twisted way
perhaps one day they could be your second favorite team

JEDIJ007
03-11-2011, 06:09 PM

See was that so hard. I sit on the PC all day too at my job. being a Sw engineer has its perks.

nyjunc
03-11-2011, 06:15 PM
i think deep down you like the dolphins in an odd twisted way
perhaps one day they could be your second favorite team

I really do hate the dolphins but I have grown to like many dolphin fans on this site through the years. What message boards have shown me is that we are all the same, we just root for different teams.

fishfanmiami
03-11-2011, 09:00 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/03/untitledbmp-1.jpg

Capt. Jack Sparrow sez ;

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/09/10db320-1.gif

Cali Finfan
03-11-2011, 09:21 PM
My son loves this fact more than I do... LOL...

SebasMiamiFan
03-11-2011, 11:22 PM
I really do hate the dolphins but I have grown to like many dolphin fans on this site through the years. What message boards have shown me is that we are all the same, we just root for different teams.

I agree. Every fan base acts the same.

Roman529
03-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Depp plays creepy guys better than any actor other than maybe Nicholas Cage. Cool that he likes the Phins. I am sure Ross
will offer him a share of the team if he hasn't already.

j-off-her-doll
03-12-2011, 07:09 AM
I think he needs to focus more on being a Dolphins fan and less on those POS POC films.

Good actor. Been in some good stuff.

jlfin
03-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Really?

-Johnny Depp

-Johnny Depp

In reality he's just another ignorant celebrity who is nothing more than a useful idiot for the left. It is a known fact that he wears a locket with an image of Che Guevara. He has been quoted saying that he thinks Che Guevara is a cool dude and he liked his style.
Obviously a quote like that will stir up a lot of emotion from the Cuban community. For example, my mother was Cuban (passed away 4 yrs ago). She lost an uncle during the revolution. He was executed by Castro/Guevara (firing squad).
I personally have no use for the guy.

MikeO
03-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Your next .000348% owner of the Fins. Johnny Deep!

PhinsPhan11
03-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Nice to hear one of my favorite actors is a Phins fan.

Dolfan4life!
03-12-2011, 12:38 PM
There's nothing wrong w/ liking Depp but let's not make him out to be something he isn't just b/c he roots for the team you like(not at you, just in general).

I would like Mark to go out w/ older women even though he did nothing illegal. If ou don't put yourself in abd situations bad things usually will not happen.

Just be glad that dirty is starting to show an interest in the opposite sex. It's probably just a cover though, albeit a little late; I'd say his preference for the shlong is pretty much common knowledge at this point.

NYPhinzFan
03-12-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm still waiting to read what he said that was so wrong. People need to get over this "I bleed red, white & blue, and dream in star spangled banners". I'm a proud America, love this country, and couldn't see myself living anywhere else, but "to criticize anything American means you're un-American" rhetoric really pisses me off.

Let's face it, our culture is somewhat jacked up, our education is below par, and we are, and have been slipping as the world leader in a wide array of various measured categories. Because someone like Johnny Depp comes out and says that he would prefer to raise his daughter outside of this country is his right as an American. I've lived in several different cities, states and in another country and I still have a lot to see and learn. Someone like Johnny Deep has the kind of exposure that I'm sure I will never have. So who knows what he has seen in his travels that shapes his opinion of where he believes is best raise his children.

I'm not questioning this guy's love for this country, and I share his criticism of it. I see, hear and read things every day that makes me not so proud of my people, society, and culture, does that make me un-American? If you don't question or challenge, it means you think and believe everything is fine the way it is. The people tearing him down should go visit countries like Germany and Norway and just pay attention to the simple things it's citizens do and then compare that to the average american state. Until you demand better, the status quo is what you'll get.

jlfin
03-12-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm still waiting to read what he said that was so wrong. People need to get over this "I bleed red, white & blue, and dream in star spangled banners". I'm a proud America, love this country, and couldn't see myself living anywhere else, but "to criticize anything American means you're un-American" rhetoric really pisses me off.

Let's face it, our culture is somewhat jacked up, our education is below par, and we are, and have been slipping as the world leader in a wide array of various measured categories. Because someone like Johnny Depp comes out and says that he would prefer to raise his daughter outside of this country is his right as an American. I've lived in several different cities, states and in another country and I still have a lot to see and learn. Someone like Johnny Deep has the kind of exposure that I'm sure I will never have. So who knows what he has seen in his travels that shapes his opinion of where he believes is best raise his children.

I'm not questioning this guy's love for this country, and I share his criticism of it. I see, hear and read things every day that makes me not so proud of my people, society, and culture, does that make me un-American? If you don't question or challenge, it means you think and believe everything is fine the way it is. The people tearing him down should go visit countries like Germany and Norway and just pay attention to the simple things it's citizens do and then compare that to the average american state. Until you demand better, the status quo is what you'll get.

Traveling around the world makes you neither wordly nor wise. Human nature is the same wherever you travel. All politics is based on some form of philosophy (Western, Eastern, Modernist/Post Modernist).
Those that you accuse of 'bleeding red white and blue' probably have a MUCH better appreciation of the principles that founded this country than you do.
There certainly are many reasons to criticize this country, but many of the issues that you cite are precisely due to a deviation from the founding principles and an acceptance of post-modern (progressive) principles.
Every country has experienced events in their history that one shouldn't be proud of. However, everything should be placed in its proper perspective and judged in the balance of things. In that regard, there is no other country that even comes close to this country in terms of generosity or sacrifice for the good of other countries. One has only to study history to understand this.
Now with respect to Depp, I certainly wouldn't consider him an intellectual or wordly individual. As I stated in an earlier post, it is well known that he is an admirer of Che Guevara and he wears a locket with Guevara's image. Anyone who has even a cursory knowledge of Guevara would find the man morally repugnant. Depp obviously is either an ignorant individual or he admires mass murderers/ totalitarianists.

NYPhinzFan
03-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Traveling around the world makes you neither wordly nor wise. Human nature is the same wherever you travel. All politics is based on some form of philosophy (Western, Eastern, Modernist/Post Modernist).
Those that you accuse of 'bleeding red white and blue' probably have a MUCH better appreciation of the principles that founded this country than you do.
There certainly are many reasons to criticize this country, but many of the issues that you cite are precisely due to a deviation from the founding principles and an acceptance of post-modern (progressive) principles.
Every country has experienced events in their history that one shouldn't be proud of. However, everything should be placed in its proper perspective and judged in the balance of things. In that regard, there is no other country that even comes close to this country in terms of generosity or sacrifice for the good of other countries. One has only to study history to understand this.
Now with respect to Depp, I certainly wouldn't consider him an intellectual or wordly individual. As I stated in an earlier post, it is well known that he is an admirer of Che Guevara and he wears a locket with Guevara's image. Anyone who has even a cursory knowledge of Guevara would find the man morally repugnant. Depp obviously is either an ignorant individual or he admires mass murderers/ totalitarianists.

Without sending this topic to the realm of poticial and sociological debate (because I can discuss this ad nauseam), I'll just touch on your first couple points.

I wouldn't pretend to know you or your experiences, but I'm a bit thrown by your statement that from travels you don't gain wisdom. Hell, I'll keep my point within our own continental shores. Anyone who has not been outside of florida (for example) is limited to the knowledge they've learned in regionally, in books, television, etc. Coming from someone who has experienced many cultures both home and abroad (as I'm sure you know, culture is different even from state to state), you can never gain the kind of perspective that physical exposure introduces you to, no matter how many books you read. Just on that fact alone, yes, travelling without a doubt gives you a different perspective on even something as simple as interpersonal relations. If you visit some countries in Africa for example, seeing two men holding hands will give you a different perspective on what that physical act can signify. If your only exposure to that level of affection means one thing, that's the only thing you will relate that to. Which in this case would be wrong, because close friends, or family members show affection in this manner and people in the region would interperet it as that and only that.

In regards to bleeding the flag, I think you prove my point. You can't even make such a simple statement without someone ready to put an automatic weapon (which they probably bought at walmart) to your head. If you're wondering, my little quip about walmart was intentional, and even that would send people into a rage. The fact that you, I or any 18 your old kid can go into walmart to buy a weapon of mass destruction (which is what guns basically are) is unethical and immoral in my humble opinion. It's topics like that, that me as a citizen of this country, should be able to say that our country needs an overhaul in, without being chastized, called un-American, or given the spiel about founding fathers, principles of our foundation, blah blah blah. It's a right/freedom that was granted in the 18th century. If you look around, times have changed and it's destroying lives and communities. The amendment needs to be amended.

I won't go on anymore about this. As I said, I could write a book on this topic. ;)

AphexPhin
03-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Depp is the man. He does a ton of charity work here in the States too. Just cause he has been critical of America (during a BS war btw) doesnt mean he hates it. Anyways I dont want to hijack this thread and turn it into a political arguement so I'll just say its badass that Depp is a Dolphin fan. Very cool to see him all decked out in Fin gear :)

On a sidenote, anyone else a fan of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas? And if so have you seen it on shrooms? Crazy ****:ricky:

jlfin
03-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Without sending this topic to the realm of poticial and sociological debate (because I can discuss this ad nauseam), I'll just touch on your first couple points.

I wouldn't pretend to know you or your experiences, but I'm a bit thrown by your statement that from travels you don't gain wisdom. Hell, I'll keep my point within our own continental shores. Anyone who has not been outside of florida (for example) is limited to the knowledge they've learned in regionally, in books, television, etc. Coming from someone who has experienced many cultures both home and abroad (as I'm sure you know, culture is different even from state to state), you can never gain the kind of perspective that physical exposure introduces you to, no matter how many books you read. Just on that fact alone, yes, travelling without a doubt gives you a different perspective on even something as simple as interpersonal relations. If you visit some countries in Africa for example, seeing two men holding hands will give you a different perspective on what that physical act can signify. If your only exposure to that level of affection means one thing, that's the only thing you will relate that to. Which in this case would be wrong, because close friends, or family members show affection in this manner and people in the region would interperet it as that and only that.

In regards to bleeding the flag, I think you prove my point. You can't even make such a simple statement without someone ready to put an automatic weapon (which they probably bought at walmart) to your head. If you're wondering, my little quip about walmart was intentional, and even that would send people into a rage. The fact that you, I or any 18 your old kid can go into walmart to buy a weapon of mass destruction (which is what guns basically are) is unethical and immoral in my humble opinion. It's topics like that, that me as a citizen of this country, should be able to say that our country needs an overhaul in, without being chastized, called un-American, or given the spiel about founding fathers, principles of our foundation, blah blah blah. It's a right/freedom that was granted in the 18th century. If you look around, times have changed and it's destroying lives and communities. The amendment needs to be amended.

I won't go on anymore about this. As I said, I could write a book on this topic. ;)

So could I. I notice you are only 29 yrs old. Please take some time to study history AND philosophy and you will see that the nature of man does not change. If its one thing that history does teach us, its that humanity never seems to learn from IT.
With that I will leave you.

NYPhinzFan
03-12-2011, 06:22 PM
So could I. I notice you are only 29 yrs old. Please take some time to study history AND philosophy and you will see that the nature of man does not change. If its one thing that history does teach us, its that humanity never seems to learn from IT.

:up:

My grandmother just turned 77, Yet her understanding of the broader picture of some things is limited by her limited exposure to them. You can read between the lines.

Johnny O
03-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Not sure how old my grandfather is but he smells like urine and believes the neighbors are stealing his mail.

NYPhinzFan
03-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Not sure how old my grandfather is but he smells like urine and believes the neighbors are stealing his mail.

:lol:

tay0365
03-13-2011, 12:41 AM
it's common knowledge that David Berkowitz, "The Son of Sam" was a jest fan ...and that although he actually rooted for the Bears, John Wayne Gacy's fellow clown Namath was his favorite player.

Another reason to hate the Jets.

fishfanmiami
03-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Depp is a great actor and I'm glad he's a dolphin fan. His opinions on this country are his own and as an american he has the right to express them. I love how right wing nut jobs always use the term "unamerican" when someone disagree's with thier twisted logic. I quess as an over 50 progressive who has traveled the world my opinion means little also. Funny , if Reagan ran for office today he would be consider a "liberal". President of the actors union , amnesty for illegals , huge deficits. My kind of guy.

~~~ GOOOO FIN ~~~

jlfin
03-13-2011, 11:51 AM
:up:

My grandmother just turned 77, Yet her understanding of the broader picture of some things is limited by her limited exposure to them. You can read between the lines.

It appears the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. I'm sure in some way she feels the same about you.
Don't need to read between the lines to understand that one. That is for your benefit. Have a nice day

Tigers2003
03-13-2011, 05:20 PM
And those two disgusting facts are proof that anything involving Green Slime fandom is immoral and unholy in every sense. Nothing good comes from Green Slime.

NRA
03-13-2011, 06:12 PM
glad he loves my team............

just wish he didnt hate my country!!

ya get a lot of finz games over in your new country [france] johny?

he's a disgrace to the jersey.

Johnny O
03-13-2011, 06:34 PM
And those two disgusting facts are proof that anything involving Green Slime fandom is immoral and unholy in every sense. Nothing good comes from Green Slime.
It's actually a known fact that all pedophiles love the Jets, and have mustaches. Google it.

CedarPhin
03-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Since this has devolved into one giant pissing contest, it's now in the Depths.

nyjunc
03-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Just be glad that dirty is starting to show an interest in the opposite sex. It's probably just a cover though, albeit a little late; I'd say his preference for the shlong is pretty much common knowledge at this point.

He can do what he wants as long as it's legal, if he likes guys, fat women, ugly women,.. who cares? as long as he isn't breaking the law and is doing his job for the jets I'll be happy.