PDA

View Full Version : ***Official NCAA Football 12 Thread***

Ricky_Fan34
03-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Well, I'm starting to get that itch for the newest football game to come out, and this year, it looks so far like NCAA football 12 will be a home run. Today the first screenshot and video was released, and I have to say, It look spectacular. I've been calling for legitimate grass and for divets to be made in the turf as players run as well as chunks of turf flying off of players' cleats as they run. Well, NCAA is taking the big step and has finally done it. It looks fantastic. NCAA 11 was amazing, but I have the feeling NCAA 12 is going to be twice as good. Can't wait for July 12!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/2011/03/first-glimpse-of-new-ea-sports-ncaa-football-12-game.html

Also, here is the link to vote for who should be on the cover, if you're interested.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/2011/03/vote-on-ea-sports-ncaa-football-12-cover.html

Thumper1016
03-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Damn that looks good.

Ricky_Fan34
03-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Damn that looks good.
yeah I'm pretty pumped about it. Don't know if I'll even buy madden this year. I normally buy both, but after last year, I'm beginning to think madden is truly a huge waste of money. NCAA is where it's at.

JCane
03-16-2011, 01:23 AM
1. Why does Lamar Miller have dreads?

2. How the hell did Ben Jones get on the field?

Ricky_Fan34
03-16-2011, 01:26 AM

:lol: rest assured, it's a work in progress. I mean ****, Ben Jones on the field... unheard of.

John Biello
03-18-2011, 08:16 AM
i cant wait for this game, im glad i listened to some of the members here last year and bought it late, imo it def has passed up madden and was the best football game ive played in ages

Ricky_Fan34
03-18-2011, 10:43 AM
i cant wait for this game, im glad i listened to some of the members here last year and bought it late, imo it def has passed up madden and was the best football game ive played in ages
No doubt. I typically don't buy NCAA, but I did last year for NCAA 11, and I'm not convinced on whether or not I'll even purchase Madden this year. NCAA is just an overall better product all around.

Thumper1016
03-18-2011, 10:09 PM
yeah I'm pretty pumped about it. Don't know if I'll even buy madden this year. I normally buy both, but after last year, I'm beginning to think madden is truly a huge waste of money. NCAA is where it's at.

I agree with you there. I always passed over the NCAA games for madden. But last years Madden really turned me off so I broke down and played NCAA and needless to say I think it is the better game. My 60.00 will be going to NCAA until the Madden franchise makes improvements to make it a more complete game.

Ricky_Fan34
03-18-2011, 10:39 PM
I agree with you there. I always passed over the NCAA games for madden. But last years Madden really turned me off so I broke down and played NCAA and needless to say I think it is the better game. My 60.00 will be going to NCAA until the Madden franchise makes improvements to make it a more complete game.
I got both last year, but like I said, Madden is just an overall much worse game. How is it that Madden has yet to add the flags on top of the field goal posts? NCAA has had those for years now.

I also thought that last year, Madden was just too dumbed down. Gameflow was a terrible idea and ultimate team is stupid IMO. There was now real improvements to the actual game play, and it was really just too easy to the point that it was boring. I want it to be tough to make the playoffs in franchise mode. I want it to be difficult to keep all of your free agents. I want to have to negotiate deals with players. I want players to sometimes misbehave off field, earning suspensions, fines, or whatever seems fit in my eyes. Madden just lacks the depth that I want. Also, the NFL Draft shouldn't be so easy. It is waaaayyyyy to easy to find a good prospect anywhere you pick, in any round. I will end my rant after 1 more point... the OC, DC, and ST coaches should actually matter. They should influence the way that unit plays, and depending on how good of a coach they are, player should excel or regress.

One more thing before I quit bitching about this... It should be like NCAA dynasty mode where you are the coach and can leave your team at any time, or likewise, be fired after being a disappointment and not meeting expectations. Furthermore, attendance levels should drop when you aren't winning, just as they should rise if you are.

Sorry to continue the rant, but furthermore, defense needs to matter again. I found in Madden 11 that defense was simply atrocious. Offensively, I could do whatever I wanted. Defensively however, it was a different story. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, offense will prevail. Defense needs to be the focus. Good defense should be able to win games. I'm tired of seeing 49-45 games every time I play. What happened to 14-10, 17-13, 24-17, etc?

Finally, make weather matter! If it is blowing 30 MPH out there, you will likely run the ball more. If it is snowing, footing should deteriorate quickly and so should the field conditions. Same with rain. Why not have in game weather changes? Sunny to overcast to rainy? Also, why doesn't snow/rain accumulate? It ends the game with the same level it started with. It needs to matter if its snowing heavy or if it's just flurries. Why is it that it doesn't change?

Needless to say, these games frustrate the hell out of me. So many simply things they could do to make it better. Instead, they are more worried about player specific cleats and breast cancer awareness month gear. I'll tell you one thing, when 2k gets the license back, I will be promptly switching to them.

Again, sorry about the rant. This **** pisses me off if you can't tell. :lol:

Ricky_Fan34
04-02-2011, 12:22 AM
http://www.operationsports.com/news/476074/25-new-plays-coming-to-ncaa-football-12-play-15-pa-husker-y-post/

EA has been revealing 25 news plays that they're adding to NCAA 12. None of them look too ground breaking, but it's good to see they are expanding the playbook.

COphinphan89
04-02-2011, 03:32 PM
I stopped buying Madden years ago. I like the NCAA game and have bought it the last few years even though I have a few problems with it. The new screenshots look spectacular.

Ricky_Fan34
04-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Here's a link that will show you every single picture of NCAA 12 to date. It's much easier than clicking on links to take you to individual plays.

Dolfan3773
04-07-2011, 09:40 PM

LOLOL...I was thinking the same thing but if you notice they show a #3 without the dreads. I think they got Travis Benjamin and Lamar Miller mixed up

Ricky_Fan34
04-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Here is a bunch of news screenshots that seem to focus on the presentation as well as the small details that make the game accurate (bowl patches, team pregame stuff, footsinking into snow, etc.)

http://www.operationsports.com/media/808/ncaa-football-12/?page=1

The developed also released a new blog updating everyone while at the same time not revealing anything. They did say that you can now customize your in game music much like NBA 2k11, MLB: The Show, and many other new sports games. JCane I know you'll like that cause you can play Kanye as your team comes on the field. :lol:

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/welcome-back

Ricky_Fan34
04-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Here is the cover art:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/markingramncaa12-1.jpg

Ricky_Fan34
05-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Looks like Madden might actually be pretty reasonable. I think I'm going to be sucked back into it this year. Bunch of screenshots over on operationsports if anyone is interested.

Ricky_Fan34
06-09-2011, 09:23 PM
For anyone interested the NCAA Football 12 demo comes out on June 28th. I'm a little disappointed that it's coming out so late, as I expect it to be released this Tuesday, the 14th. I'll be out of town from the 27th until the 4th so I essentially won't get the demo until a week before the game comes out.

Uruguayfinfan
06-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Agree with all the posts here. I've bought madden throughout the years and i think the last time i was amazed with it was in 2002... until today, it hasn't really changed much. Obviously if we take madden 2002 and compare it with madden 2011, they must have huge differences i guess.... but between years it just hasn't caught my eye as much as those back then. Sadly enough there are some people who still dare to say Madden 11 is worse than Espn 2k5, which i don't really disagree much... so that just gives you a hint of what madden has been progressing..

Last year i bought NCAA 11 and went over a year of franchise playing, which hasn't happened to me with madden for ages, so that made me get more excited about the next ncaa game, which is about the only football game available to play that has decent playability.

Ricky_Fan34
06-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Agree with all the posts here. I've bought madden throughout the years and i think the last time i was amazed with it was in 2002... until today, it hasn't really changed much. Obviously if we take madden 2002 and compare it with madden 2011, they must have huge differences i guess.... but between years it just hasn't caught my eye as much as those back then. Sadly enough there are some people who still dare to say Madden 11 is worse than Espn 2k5, which i don't really disagree much... so that just gives you a hint of what madden has been progressing..

Last year i bought NCAA 11 and went over a year of franchise playing, which hasn't happened to me with madden for ages, so that made me get more excited about the next ncaa game, which is about the only football game available to play that has decent playability.
I'm defenitely getting Madden this year, even though I swore I wouldn't. Looks like it has potential to be a phenomenal game. I'm really pumped for NCAA 12 though. I'm still playing NCAA 11 as well, I'm now in the 33rd season of my dynasty that I started the day the game came out. Easily the most entertainment I have ever gotten out of a sports game.

John Biello
06-25-2011, 03:23 PM
tough times for me right now, but im working overtime tomorrow night so i can afford to buy ncaa 12 when it drops. yes i lead a rather sad life

Ricky_Fan34
06-25-2011, 05:38 PM
tough times for me right now, but im working overtime tomorrow night so i can afford to buy ncaa 12 when it drops. yes i lead a rather sad life
:lol:

Hey man, it's worth it. Just recently I actually got the platinum for NCAA 11. I don't know if you're on PS3 or Xbox, but if you're on xbox, a platinum is a trophy you get when you unlock all other trophies for that game. I have 2 now. Madden 10 and NCAA 11. I can promise you I'll certainy be gunning for the platinum in NCAA 12.

Anyway, only 17 days. 3 days until the demo, which I won't be in town for... how convenient :rolleyes:

John Biello
06-25-2011, 11:21 PM
ps3, i gave my 360 to my stepson after it died for the 4th time. talk about convenient, it died the same time i had hip surgery so i was laid up for 8 weeks with nothing to do. that was the final straw. the only problem i have with ncaa is i didnt get into college football until later in life, and community college was as far as i got into my education, so i dont really have a team, and i find it so hard to bandwagon.

Ricky_Fan34
06-26-2011, 02:03 AM
ps3, i gave my 360 to my stepson after it died for the 4th time. talk about convenient, it died the same time i had hip surgery so i was laid up for 8 weeks with nothing to do. that was the final straw. the only problem i have with ncaa is i didnt get into college football until later in life, and community college was as far as i got into my education, so i dont really have a team, and i find it so hard to bandwagon.
I had an Xbox for a while too. It never worked right from day 1. PS3 is where it's at man. I've had my PS3 for almost 3 years and have never had a problem. People who have Xbox's are always getting the red ring of death and what not and always have to send it off. Xbox is just a much lower quality system IMO.

I just got into NCAA last year, really. I bought NCAA Football 11 and i Just started watching. I just naturally became a Hurricanes fan but I also like Boise State alot. When you get the chance add me on PS3 I'm Miami_Dolphins34

John Biello
06-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Downloading demo right now might check it out before work tonight

COphinphan89
06-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I fell in love with the NCAA games in middle school when I bought the 2004 game (Carson Palmer on the cover). After that and '05 I switched over to Madden for a while until I got completely sick of it and went back to NCAA with the '10 game. Now I can't even remember why I ever went to Madden. If EA puts in the orange UF jerseys for this game I will love it immediately. But the thing I love about NCAA football the most is the custom scheduling for dynasty mode. They have most of the non-conference games for all future schedules correctly placed, but you can go through your schedule before the season starts and throw out all the garbage games and replace them with good games.

COphinphan89
07-02-2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/07/EyeTVSnapshot21-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/07/EyeTVSnapshot22-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/07/EyeTVSnapshot23-1.jpg
**** yeah!

Ricky_Fan34
07-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Well I got the demo today and it is what it is, a demo. I don't know if any of you guys remember, but last year the NCAA football 11 demo was garbage and was a mere fragment of what the whole game was. I believe that is the case this year as well. Lot's of petty problems in the demo IMO. Too many dropped passes, CPU throws the ball away too often, the grass could use a bit of touchup work around the conference and midfield logos, etc. I assume most of these issues will be adressed in the tuning update that everyone will download when the game comes out.

Overall it's still solid, but I was a little disappointed with the demo. Like I said, it was the same way last year with the demo, so at this point I'm not really concerned about it. Only 7 days until the whole game drops.

Arsenal WV
07-05-2011, 03:47 AM
I'm pumped for it. Do you have a 360 or ps3 RickyFan?

If you have an xbox, we need to start an online dynasty. My GT is the same as my name on here. ARSENAL WV

John Biello
07-05-2011, 11:22 AM
going to be a long week, im still very excited even though the demo felt a bit lack luster.

Ricky_Fan34
07-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm pumped for it. Do you have a 360 or ps3 RickyFan?

If you have an xbox, we need to start an online dynasty. My GT is the same as my name on here. ARSENAL WV
I'm on PS3. I do want to start an online dynasty though. I've never played one. Anyone here interested?

COphinphan89
07-07-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm on a 360. I tried out the demo last weekend. Alabama is unstoppable on the ground. Gonna be fun playing against them in dynasty mode. And I just looked at the player and team ratings and damn UF ****in sucks! This is the lowest I've ever seen them rated in this game.

Clipse
07-07-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm on a 360. I tried out the demo last weekend. Alabama is unstoppable on the ground. Gonna be fun playing against them in dynasty mode. And I just looked at the player and team ratings and damn UF ****in sucks! This is the lowest I've ever seen them rated in this game.

I got my *** kicked by Texas on All American in the demo. I hope it's like that in the game. All-American was waaaay too easy last year. Hell so was Heisman for that matter. As for the ratings, they look almost unchanged for the Canes. Jacory Harris is still an 89 for ****s sake.

John Biello
07-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Paid off my preorder last night. i know i have said this before but i have not had hopes this high for a football game in as long as i can remember. hope we are all not disappointed.

COphinphan89
07-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I just walked into GameStop last year before they closed and picked up a copy without a pre-order. Hope I can do that again on Tuesday.

Dolfan3773
07-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I got my *** kicked by Texas on All American in the demo. I hope it's like that in the game. All-American was waaaay too easy last year. Hell so was Heisman for that matter. As for the ratings, they look almost unchanged for the Canes. Jacory Harris is still an 89 for ****s sake.

:lol:

John Biello
07-12-2011, 05:37 AM
Wish i wasnt working (8-8) today.

COphinphan89
07-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Wish i wasnt working (8-8) today.
Same here man.

Clipse
07-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Game is ****ing good. Better than last year. So far I've only played a couple exhibition games against friends, and Road to Glory. Road to Glory is much better so far, and I'm not even in college yet. We played like *** during the regular season of my senior year of high school, now we're in the state championship. Can't wait to try dynasty and the couple online dynasties I'm part of as soon as the named rosters get released.

Dolfan3773
07-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Picking up my copy tomorrow

COphinphan89
07-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Good game so far. I'm only two games into my dynasty, but I think I need to up the difficulty a step as it seems that I picked up right where I left off from last year's game. Janoris Jenkins is the **** on this game which makes me sad. Jacory Harris threw the ball directly into his chest. It's cool though. With the orange jerseys an option for UF now, I can set up a UF-UM matchup in G-ville and make UM wear their orange pants to give it that classic 80's look.

Ricky_Fan34
07-13-2011, 02:56 PM
I went to the midnight release and got the game, and I gotta say, I have mixed feelings about it. For example, there are way too many interceptions in my opinion. I rarely ever see a defensive back drop an interception, which just isn't realistic. Guys always drop interceptions. I like that you can't just pass the ball at will and that scoring is more difficult, but I think they need to tweak the defender catching. For example, I threw an interception to a defensive end that jumped a route... how many defensive ends do you know of that jump routes and have the hands of a wide receiver?

Another problem I've been having is the throwing on the run. It's just horrible this year. I play as the Hurricanes and Jacory Harris is just atrocious when trying to throw a football on the run. I've had a Guy running wide open on crossing patterns in the end zone and Harris just unloads a horrendous pass even though he is simply rolling to his right... I realize that throwing on the run shouldn't be perfect, but most QB's can improvise a little and get off a reasonable pass.

I also think the QB releases are a bit slow. I never have any success on screen passes because of this. I try to dump the ball to the runningback on a screen and Harris will simply get pile drived into the ground because it takes him forever to get a ball off.

For now, those are really the only things I don't like about the game that I can think of. I will say, the game is a bit laggy, but so was NCAA 11. I really like the new tackling system and I also like the fact that defense matters more now. I just won a game 6-0 against Georgia Tech because of how well my defense played. All in all I think it's an excellent game, there are just a few areas that, IMO, need to be tweaked.

I started 0-3 in my dynasty but have rallied to 4-3 and first place in the coastal division of the ACC. I play on All-American and I do like that games are actually challenging now. In ncaa 11 I would just roll over my opponents on All-American.

Dolfan3773
07-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Game is ****ing good. Better than last year. So far I've only played a couple exhibition games against friends, and Road to Glory. Road to Glory is much better so far, and I'm not even in college yet. We played like *** during the regular season of my senior year of high school, now we're in the state championship. Can't wait to try dynasty and the couple online dynasties I'm part of as soon as the named rosters get released.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/13/ncaa-football-12-named-rosters-now-available-for-xbox-360

Ricky_Fan34
07-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Another problem I've noticed... the game will often cut to highlights while my team is lining up which gets very annoying. I also just had a play where I was on defense and the cpu called a screen pass. Well they threw the ball, and suddenly things started going in slow motion and it cut to a highlight... as a result, when things got back to normal, the cpu had a first and goal. After that I said **** it and quit playing.

Dolfan3773
07-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Getting my copy in a bit, going to do groceries then stopping to get it...will let you know what I think

Dolfan3773
07-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Finally got the game, so far so good. Played a couple of exhibition games and I love the running game. Lamar Miller is beast!

COphinphan89
07-13-2011, 08:40 PM
And I've just discovered my first major glitch of the game! I just got done playing Auburn in my offline dynasty and I won the game 16-0. So I'm waiting for the game to take me to the menu where I can close out the game and move on to next week, but it never pops up. It just keeps showing infinite random shots of the stadium. So I have to bail out back to the dashboard. I don't want to replay the game, so I simulate to the next week, and lo and behold they simulate me having lost the game. Thanks EA!

COphinphan89
07-13-2011, 08:53 PM
And now it just cut my game off because my game disc is "unreadable". This happens literally every year with every EA sports game I buy. It doesn't happen with any other game and it happened on my XBOX and now it happens on my 360. Had to know that hadn't changed.

Ricky_Fan34
07-13-2011, 11:58 PM
And now it just cut my game off because my game disc is "unreadable". This happens literally every year with every EA sports game I buy. It doesn't happen with any other game and it happened on my XBOX and now it happens on my 360. Had to know that hadn't changed.
That's why I ditched the xbox. That **** happened from the beginning with my 360 so I said to hell with it and got a PS3 and have never had any system problems. I would reccomend you do the same if you're able to.

Ricky_Fan34
07-14-2011, 12:00 AM
And I've just discovered my first major glitch of the game! I just got done playing Auburn in my offline dynasty and I won the game 16-0. So I'm waiting for the game to take me to the menu where I can close out the game and move on to next week, but it never pops up. It just keeps showing infinite random shots of the stadium. So I have to bail out back to the dashboard. I don't want to replay the game, so I simulate to the next week, and lo and behold they simulate me having lost the game. Thanks EA!
This has happened to me a few times, but all I have to do is simply hit start and the menu will come up. Not sure if that'll help, but that always works for me when that happens.

John Biello
07-14-2011, 12:15 PM
im enjoying the game so far but i spend more time trying to find a team to play with than i do actually playing. i love sampling all the rosters and stadiums. i actually find AA to be more difficult than in years past, which i think is a welcome change. i have seen an increase in interceptions, but my biggest issue right now is with the audio. i was expecting big things especially since they told us as much, but the levels of field noise and crowd is so low it sucks, even with the sliders all the way up.

Ricky_Fan34
07-14-2011, 03:25 PM
im enjoying the game so far but i spend more time trying to find a team to play with than i do actually playing. i love sampling all the rosters and stadiums. i actually find AA to be more difficult than in years past, which i think is a welcome change. i have seen an increase in interceptions, but my biggest issue right now is with the audio. i was expecting big things especially since they told us as much, but the levels of field noise and crowd is so low it sucks, even with the sliders all the way up.
Yeah I agree, the game is overall too quiet. I just finished my first year in dynasty and I simmed through all the recruiting in the offseason... it took about 20-30 minutes. They need to find a way to make the menus and what not run smoother on this game IMO.

Dolfan3773
07-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Are they going to make an update to get all the Pro Combat jerseys? They have the white one for UM but not the orange from last year

Ricky_Fan34
07-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Are they going to make an update to get all the Pro Combat jerseys? They have the white one for UM but not the orange from last year
You have to have preordered or played the demo to get them.

Dolfan3773
07-15-2011, 09:23 PM
You have to have preordered or played the demo to get them.

Can I still get the demo?

Ricky_Fan34
07-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Can I still get the demo?
Yeah, just go to either the playstation store or whatever the xbox store is and download it. It takes a while so I'd do it when you plan on being out for an hour or two.

COphinphan89
07-16-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm pretty sure I just played the most dramatic XBOX football game of my entire life.

Dynasty mode, 2012 season. So I'm ranked #2 and I'm @Arkansas and my offense hasn't done **** all day. Been down 7-0 all game. Finally Jeff Driskel nails Jordan Reed in the back of the end zone with less that 2 minutes left to tie it up. Couple sacks and a punt later I have the ball again on the Arkansas 45 with 0:04 left. Hail Mary. Caught. Andre Debose. Touchdown. Game. 13-7.

Ricky_Fan34
07-16-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure I just played the most dramatic XBOX football game of my entire life.

Dynasty mode, 2012 season. So I'm ranked #2 and I'm @Arkansas and my offense hasn't done **** all day. Been down 7-0 all game. Finally Jeff Driskel nails Jordan Reed in the back of the end zone with less that 2 minutes left to tie it up. Couple sacks and a punt later I have the ball again on the Arkansas 45 with 0:04 left. Hail Mary. Caught. Andre Debose. Touchdown. Game. 13-7.
I don't know what it is, but I just can't bring myself to play this game much. I havn't played it in 3 days and I just have no desire to, which is unusual for me. I think this game is very underwhelming compared to what I and many other had expected based on all the hype surrounding all the new features. It's not really a bad game, it's just very average and it still has a lot of problems that make me not want to play.

I think Madden 12 will blow NCAA out of the water this year. Madden 11 might be the worst sports game I've ever played, but NCAA 11 was probably the best. Maybe that trend will reverse itself.

PhinsPhan11
07-16-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't know what it is, but I just can't bring myself to play this game much. I havn't played it in 3 days and I just have no desire to, which is unusual for me. I think this game is very underwhelming compared to what I and many other had expected based on all the hype surrounding all the new features. It's not really a bad game, it's just very average and it still has a lot of problems that make me not want to play.

I think Madden 12 will blow NCAA out of the water this year. Madden 11 might be the worst sports game I've ever played, but NCAA 11 was probably the best. Maybe that trend will reverse itself.
What didn't you like about Madden 11?

Ricky_Fan34
07-16-2011, 11:44 PM
What didn't you like about Madden 11?
Everything. I could go on and on but here are just a few things.

last year, Madden was just too dumbed down. Gameflow was a terrible idea and ultimate team is stupid IMO. There was now real improvements to the actual game play, and it was really just too easy to the point that it was boring. I want it to be tough to make the playoffs in franchise mode. I want it to be difficult to keep all of your free agents. I want to have to negotiate deals with players. I want players to sometimes misbehave off field, earning suspensions, fines, or whatever seems fit in my eyes. Madden just lacks the depth that I want. Also, the NFL (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?296769-***Official-NCAA-Football-12-Thread***#) Draft shouldn't be so easy. It is waaaayyyyy to easy to find a good prospect anywhere you pick, in any round. I will end my rant after 1 more point... the OC, DC, and ST coaches should actually matter. They should influence the way that unit plays, and depending on how good of a coach (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?296769-***Official-NCAA-Football-12-Thread***#) they are, player should excel or regress.

One more thing before I quit bitching about this... It should be like NCAA dynasty mode where you are the coach and can leave your team at any time, or likewise, be fired after being a disappointment and not meeting expectations. Furthermore, attendance levels should drop when you aren't winning, just as they should rise if you are.

Sorry to continue the rant, but furthermore, defense needs to matter again. I found in Madden 11 that defense was simply atrocious. Offensively, I could do whatever I wanted. Defensively however, it was a different story. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, offense will prevail. Defense needs to be the focus. Good defense should be able to win games. I'm tired of seeing 49-45 games every time I play. What happened to 14-10, 17-13, 24-17, etc?

This is from one of my posts earlier in the thread on page 1. This basically sums up my hatred for madden 11.

John Biello
07-17-2011, 09:26 PM
im enjoying this game, worked alot this week so i havent put in a ton of time yet though. i love the new tackles, and the catch animations so far though.

Ricky_Fan34
07-18-2011, 05:37 PM
im enjoying this game, worked alot this week so i havent put in a ton of time yet though. i love the new tackles, and the catch animations so far though.
I've started playing again and I'm having a bit more fun. There is just a lot of bull**** that happens in game that makes it very frustrating.

Ricky_Fan34
07-19-2011, 04:23 AM

I just now had a game like this. I'm playing at Florida and I'm the Hurricanes of course. This is my season opener in my 3rd season. Naturally, I start the game and it's just a torrential down pour. I contemplate quitting right there and trying to get it to not rain, but for some reason, I don't. If it aint hell, I aint happy I guess haha.

Anyway, my offense, like yours, wasn't doing **** all game. Sloppy conditions, Florida had been up 7-0 most of the game and I simply could not catch a break on offense. On multiple occasions on 3rd down I'd have run the ball for a first and get called for holding. I finally got on the board in the 3rd quarter after kicking a field goal. 7-3, they punt and as my luck would have it, I muff the punt and recover at my own 1 yard line. I break open the drive with an 8 yard run and then complete a pass for about 15 yards. From there, I move down the field steadily until about the 44. I run into 4th and 13 and the 4th quarter has just begun. I'm too far away to kick a field goal, too close to punt, and I need points. I go for it, and miraculously convert. Later on that drive I'd kick another field goal.

This is where things get crazy. Florida's ensuing possession after the field goal to make it 7-6 stalls out. I'm thinking game over. There is only about 2 minutes left, so I'm set. Thing don't get off to a good start, and 1 holding call and a sack later, I'm looking at about a 4th and 22. ****. game over. I don't convert and Florida has just 1:40 on the clock to kill. I had only 1 timeout at this point. I say **** it and just bring the house on the first 2 downs. I get them to 3rd and 8. There is only about 30 seconds left now. ALL THEY HAVE TO DO TO WIN IS RUN THE BALL AND THE GAME IS OVER... but they don't. They go for a pass and my corner deflects it. This was at approximately their own 40. They punt the ball and I return it 14 yards to my own 34. 25 seconds. no timeouts. Game over right? Wrong. I just throw a prayer downfield to my speed receiver and amazingly, he's got 2 steps on the corner and there is no safety help over the top. I catch it and am pushed out of bounds at their 27 with 11 seconds left. I simply kick the field goal and go up 9-7, kickoff, and watch them attempt a hail mary.

Why they didn't just run the clock out is beyond me. It's not like I'm playing on freshman either, this is All-American. Whatever though, 1-0 looks a whole lot better than 0-1. I'll take it. Better lucky than good.

John Biello
07-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Im not a great player by any stretch, so this comes with a grain of salt, but i cant get anything going online at all. really gotta sharpen up my user control as far as defending bombs, seems like they are the weapon of choice aling with screens thus far. im still experimenting with teams and styles which is part of my problem, but then thats when i have the most fun with the game.

Ricky_Fan34
07-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Im not a great player by any stretch, so this comes with a grain of salt, but i cant get anything going online at all. really gotta sharpen up my user control as far as defending bombs, seems like they are the weapon of choice aling with screens thus far. im still experimenting with teams and styles which is part of my problem, but then thats when i have the most fun with the game.
I would consider myself a skilled player, but in this year's edition I usually just let the cpu control my defensive backs in deep ball situations. In previous games, I always would switch and go for the user pick, with a pretty high success rate. However, in this year's game it is particularly tough and more often than not ends in a big play for the offense.

Clipse
07-23-2011, 11:56 AM
I agree about switching to defensive backs for user picks. They don't strife very good at all... And I have auto strife off. Given up more than a few big plays trying to get user picks. Of course, the CPU seemingly never catches gimme picks either. I just try to to switch to the DB at the last second to pick it off.

COphinphan89
07-23-2011, 11:31 PM
I added Clemson and Texas A&M to the SEC in my dynasty so they bumped the SEC schedule to 9 game. Add that to Miami and FSU on the non-conference portion and my schedules are death. But I think I'm gonna have to bump the difficulty setting from All-American up to Heisman. I'm already going 14-0 with a sophomore QB.

John Biello
07-27-2011, 10:36 PM
i used to love dynasty on the old gens but for some reason now i cannot get into it. i love the idea of building up a crappy program and what not, but for some reason i lose interest very quickly, i think it is the complexity of recruiting ( maybe just how i perceive it?) and the time it actually takes to run through the offseasons. maybe i am just impatient but ive become more of a play it now type. one thing i can note as a positive in about 15 games so far online i havent really run into much "cheese" or annoying gameplay tendencies. I CANNOT JPWEVER GET OVER THE LACK OF CROWD NOISE AND IMPACT ON THE GAME. any of you guys on ps3 can add me... XXfueledbyhateXX

Offerdahl56
08-03-2011, 11:26 AM
i've enjoyed it more this year than I have in awhile, but agree, the defense is still pretty weak when you let the cpu take over...i've had quick a few long TDs against me b/c my CB was out of position badly....

finataxia24
08-13-2011, 03:24 PM
I have the new Ncaa football 2012 on ps3
hit me for a game
keep in mind Ill play anyone
my record is 10-16
my name or tagname whatever things called its kennypowers2900
my teams Bama